It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shock Video: School Kids Taught to Praise Obama

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by johnny2127

My thoughts on this video should it be a piece of anti-Obama disinfo?

They could probably be summed up thusly: "Meh."

I am not much of a fan of Obama's as he is too much of an extension of Bush. At the same time, I've taken a sort of "Don't hate the puppet, hate the strings" approach ever since the realization that W was an almost entirely unwitting pawn in a much larger game.

I am mostly disturbed by the amount of time that is being put into trite little amateur psyops like this sorry scene. Doesn't matter if it's a left-wing Obama lover or a right-wing Obama haters responsible for the video.

The flaky teacher could have been imparting some sort of knowledge rather than having them sing a truly insipid ditty that sounds like it was written by a drunken alzheimer's patient for whom English is a second language.

The theoretical Obama haters could have spent that time coming up with real solutions to the problems faced by our society. Ideally solutions that don't rely on the Invisible Hand of the Free Market's Magic Powers or some other libertarain pixie dust.

Instead, whoever is responsible for this video is just engaging in utterly masturbatory nonsense.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I'll admit if I was a parent of one of those children the vid would give me pause. I don't know how I would react. It was black history month and I have no issue with the discussion/education with regards to the significance of our current POTUS in that context, but from a critical perspective I don't think that song neccessarily was the best route.

Yes...I'd think about the teachers judgement...

But when I saw my kid on Fox News and talk about "indocternation" and right wing bloggers going bonkers posting my kids school's address etc. etc. I would definetly be thinking WTF!!! Please leave my child and their school out of the insanity..

Between the school and parents..thats it in my opinion.

Honest answer. No offense intended.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by exile1981

Read "Dumbing Us Down: The Hidden Curriculum of Cumpulsory Schooling" by John Taylor Gatto. Opened my eyes.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cf8357eaf1bb.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4b297acc4d5d.jpg[/atsimg]

Looks like the children's book "I am Barack Obama" to me.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
You have no idea what the context of the video is. It could be that Barak is coming to their school. It could be they are singing a song about every president.

Seems like some people here need to go back to school to make up that critical thinking class.

True. The context is lost in the video. But, if Obama is not coming to their school, and they are not making a song about every President, what are your thoughts then? What if it really is a song that the teacher just taught the kids to sing?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
This video is being presented in a way to freak out the anti-Obama group AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE.

The music, the lack of real-world context for what you are seeing...obviously there is an agenda here to make people upset and the video poster is using these children to maximum effect as he claims that Obama fanboys are doing the same thing.

Look at the other videos this Youtube member has posted, it's clear what side he is on.

My first reaction to this video is that it is equally likely that someone fabricated the entire thing on a Saturday morning to make it look legit. That it is, in fact, fabricated anti-Obama propaganda.

I try not to take anything like this at face value.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
mmmmmmmwaahhh

I LIKE IT =D

mmh mmh mmh
Barack Hussein Obama

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
Do you consider getting chills running down your leg, over the top?

"Chills running down your leg?" I think you're mixing your metaphors. Yeah, if this causes that type of reaction.....it's over the top and careening down the other side.

Anyway...on to other stuff.

Sometimes, what gets noticed and becomes the focus is weird. Just as a thought experiment I offer this.....

Keep in mind the entire brouhaha is about a couple dozen kids singing (poorly) a rhyme about the POTUS. I'm personally not sure the "SHOCK VIDEO" disclaimer is warranted. I think more appropriate is "SHLOCK VIDEO"......it isn't exactly an Irving Berlin production.

Let's see....what have I got here....oh yeah, the lyrics to one of Jay Z's songs.....he's big, really big.....got a new album out and all....wonder how many kids are listening to it....

Anyway, the lyrics....

*SNIP*

Yup....that's benign.

And now...back to the regularly scheduled frenzy.

Mod Edit: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 24/9/2009 by Mirthful Me]

Bad enough that a moderator snipped them! Shame too...I thought it made a valid point. Oh well.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by MrPenny]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by RobertAntonWeishaupt
a truly insipid ditty that sounds like it was written by a drunken alzheimer's patient for whom English is a second language.

That sentence should be immortalized.

Huh...I think we just did.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
GOD THIS PISSES ME OFF TO NO END!

The Theme music in the backround didnt help either.

I HATE seeing children being takin advantage of, and thats exactly what is happening in this video. Im sick to my stomache now.

i was under the impression that theyve been doing this for a long time, they did this when i was in school and the pres was bush sr.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

This is super creepy and reminds me of communistic approaches to begin formulating a mindset of control. I suppose schools are now mandated to begin altering the minds of children who are susceptible and easy to mold. If you have the children than they won't be a problem for you in the future.

I think it's terrible that parents have no control of the indoctrination that their children are being subjected to. The word freedom is soon going to become extinct it appears.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
My point is that no matter who was president, they would pick out things about him or her and put them in the song. If Hillary had been president, they would have made a big deal about her being the first woman, possibly that being president must run in the family or something. If it had been John McCain, the words would have praised his service to his country and his POW past.

I wouldn't find it appropriate in all those cases. If you follow my posts in this thread I have two separate ideas floating...one is personal opinion the other is a line of questioning regarding the video.

This is so strange. I see this kind of question asked all the time. "Why didn't they do it slightly differently, and more like I would have done it"? The answer: Because they are not you.

And why is it OK to do it for Black History Month, but not just to show appreciation to the President? Why is it OK to make a song about his skin color?

I just don't understand people!

Heh, sly....such a song is always okay at any time, the words in it are just a bit over the top FOR ME...seems I need to make sure you understand I am stating my opinion here. If it is for Black History Month, history the operative word here, then praises about President Obama becoming the first bi-racial president rather than state all these things like he saved us from financial ruin...obviously I am paraphrasing here, so I hope you don't try to take that out of context. Sure they are not me, but then again the world would be a better place if they were all me

Then why bring it up?

Cause I can, and other people have alluded to the fact.

That's your opinion. Many people think he's accomplished quite a lot.

Quite true, however claiming to have saved our economy when unemployment is still rampant, billions are still be handed out in hopes of god knows what, the dollar becoming as useless as duckbill platypus (Sorry duckie, someone has to take the hit).

Overall do you think everything controversial should just be kept quiet? Never to be discussed and debated? There are outside influences here that are playing into this video and such. Right or wrong to just sweep them under the rug would be irresponsible.

Thought exercise: If it was a song sang on Presidents day during 2005, claiming Bush liberated Iraq, has kept us safe, etc, etc. and the video leaked, do you think the discussion would have been left to just the parents/kids and the school?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

Exactly Maybe, I do believe placing the children at the heart of the debate is insipid and along with other political tactics such as "its for the children" b.s.

But then again, the people (may it be the teacher, the school, the parents or some wacko group just drudging up a straw-man) that placed the kids into that spotlight should be the ones taking the heat. How ever the video came about, the children here are the ones that ultimately pay for the lack of common sense in adults.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
First off, the "emotional" effect of this video clip comes more from the "theme music" than anything. The kids could have been singing "Mary had a little lamb..." and it still would have been "creepy".

Secondly, subtle forms of "indoctrination" into society performed at public schools is NOTHING NEW. Especially teaching kids to praise the President. I used to have to "Pledge Allegiance" to "one Nation, under God", even though I was raised Atheist. We've all had to celebrate Christopher Columbus as kids in school, even though the guy's true legacy was much darker. The examples are endless.

But guess what? I didn't become a zombie to the public school system. The "subtle indoctrination" didn't work on me. I'm still an Atheist. I know Columbus had a dark side. You all still have free minds (well, some of you at least).

In short, it wasn't a big deal. And neither is this Obama sing along.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by harrytuttle]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Egyptia

They have control. It's called choice. Public school isn't the end all be all of education.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Sorry, Johnny misread your question. Kind of answered it in my last post, but not really.

If this is actually happening as presented here, it irritates but is hardly the end of the world. There is all sorts of horrid crap forced upon our kids in the public school system from that Pledge of Allegiance nonsense (I would rather they pledge allegiance to a set of ideals than to a cloth banner which can be feverishly waived by any sociopath) to revisionist history, to "lattice" multiplication and "Intelligent Design" non-science.

I would simply hope that A) The parents of these kids are raising them to be thinking analytical beings who recognize shinola in opposition to its less desirable counterpart. B) The teacher gets a reprimand for mixing politics with learning (a few snide comments on the banality of the song would not be out of line either).

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
A good point was brought up, if it [if the operative word] was done during black history month why would Obama be praised. Seems a little one sided since he is bi-racial
So by definition he is not black. Typical of the American public to only see the surface. When the misconception works to your advantage run with it....

As for this video and the why's I'll just say this. The Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher pledge video was done by "professionals"
And it had idiot celebrities pledging to Obama
[ya not all of them did I know] So we are seeing a trend....

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
(omg, they are forced to pledge allegience "under god" every morning btw) then do the world a favor and take them out of school.

I am in agreement with the whole pledge thing, but can you show me the place that they are 'forced' to do it? When I was a child there were kids that stood respectfully and/or left the room while it was recited. Please be aware of what you are saying before you claim it as fact.

As far as the vid you posted about the Bush thing, already commented on this, yes we know its there, but was it in a public school, sanctioned by the school? It was a private church where most likely the parents chose for their little ankle bitters to go and sing songs as those and such. Not supporting it, but just showing the difference.

People are not mad I think that its singing about Obama, and maybe IM WAY OFF about that. I feel that people are thinking there is just too much going into our lives coming from the government and no more from the people. Just my view on it and like I said, probably not the overall view

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
At no point in the video are kids praising Obama, you people are delusional. It's nothing more than a song, a way for them to say thanks to the President for what he is trying to do. Get over yourselves already.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join