It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Origins of Atlantis/Lemuria Myths Part-1

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by hoghead cheese

WOW.

I haven't heard from HARTE or Byrd yet.

I'm looking forward to their input...

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I for one think that a lot of myths, legends, and lore are based on events that occurred, and through time, have been repeated between generations.

If, for example tomorrow, I find myself and a dozen or so survivors of some catastrophic event, school is out.

Everyone will be tasked with the immediate survival needs, children included.

As time goes on and questions increasingly arise as the children get older, if I am asked about the "times before," there will be no reference books, no computers, and no internet.

Memory.

If I attempt to describe WWII, I would of course speak of the mighty men of that war, Rommel, Patton, Marshall, Guderian, Skorzeny, Halsey, and Nimitz.

I may forget to mention Hap Arnold, Joe Stilwell, Bradley, Eisenhower, and others. Many British, Australian, New Zeanders, Japanese, and others may be omitted from mere memory failure.

I could tell of the millions of men, more than the listeners could count, of blood battles, of brave men, of air battles, sea battles, and even nuclear weapons.

After only a few generations, only the basics would be recalled, and as the constant erosion of surroundings continued, as first hand accounts would disappear, and as a significant level of overall ignorance of history would settle in, some of the stories, including the vast armies, the fantastic weapons, and even the nuclear weapons - would seem unbelievable.

If I were a lineman for a power company, or computer technician, or plumber, my skill set after that catastrophic event would be useless. We would have to start humanity and the seeds of civilization from scratch.

So much knowledge and skill would be lost forever.

I feel that many myths are very likely to be based on actual events, but far removed from the events, they cannot be proven with any conclusive evidence, yet they should not be entirely discounted, either.

Imagine the wealth of information through the millennia that the Egyptians must have held. Even more so, imagine the wealth of information that resided in the library at Alexandria.

Now gone.

Truth? Sometimes there is more than one truth.

If so, then there can be no real truth.

Only perceptions of the moment, based on what we KNOW, not what actually occurred.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Dude that is about the best reasonable response....

Survival.

I mean if the oceans/shore was rushing in you would uproot and head for them there hills.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by The-Hammer
All I can say is

Great post Bro.

I'm looking forward to Part2

Hey thanks..

Sorry for taking so long to respond.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Great job Slayer.

Lot of information to digest but well worth my time.

Keep them coming.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Great job Slayer.

Lot of information to digest but well worth my time.

Keep them coming.

I've been given lots of HEAT from the powers that be non ATS related already!!!!!

Semper Fi

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by aleon1018
Too bad we don't have acess to possibly the oldest libraries some claim to be around the great pyramid. My assumption is that it's near the top of the great pyramid as where this library is, among other ancient secrets.

That's about my biggest issue I have with what our ancestors have done out of ignorance and bigotry.

Imagine if we had access to all the libraries from our ancient past. Burning and looting the libraries was a crime against humanity.

[edit on 23-9-2009 by SLAYER69]

I agree, so much knowledge that we will most likely never learn.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Really was a great presentation of events, ty for taking such care on the subject.

I am Firm believer that the sea levels rose that 100 m at the end of the last ice age and this is what accounts for the tales of the "great flood"

What really fascinates me is that Stone sites we see around the world would be in locations in retrospect to the previous coast line that would be almost identical to where in regards to our major cities and urban centers we keep our modern observatories today and virtually all have connections to star gazing.

What kind of civilization had they developed? hard to say, we know they could move large stones...

If you look at modern society 99% of what we do and build is based around Euclidean Geometry, in reality though there are Thousands of different kinds of Mathematics, any one of which perhaps could be used as a basis for a civilization.

I think if wish to unravel more clues as to the extent of the antediluvian civilization we need to understand the mathematical basis for which they chose to understand the world around them.

Somewhere within these stone blocks is the Mathematical Rosetta stone which would better allow us to understand how they communicated lived and created, with that i think more evidence would literally appear to POP right out at us, right now we don't aside from large stones even know what we are looking for but examples of the technology might be all around us right now.

Example:

Ringing Rocks Pennsylvania

Stone spheres

I don't think I need to provide links to things like the Crystal skulls or the Moving rocks Of Death valley

There are tons of mysteries in stone...

Vibration, resonance, a system of balance points is my best guess for movement o such large rocks... But what is obvious to me a different set of Mathematics and Science was used by this prior civilization.
There might be much evidence of them, all around us and we don't even know what to look for except when size or other anomalies makes us take notice.

The importance of this to me?

If we find the answer to this technology we would advance our own civilization in a myriad of ways perhaps solving some of our modern day problems in the process.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Just thought I'd throw this in there to give an example of what the sea levels were like from back then.

[edit on 9/24/09 by MoothyKnight]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by jam321
Great job Slayer.

I've been given lots of HEAT from the powers that be non ATS related already!!!!!

Please explain Slayer, the comments you've made are not particularly new nor outrageous. Similar comments can be found within this forum and on a half dozen other ones. What is this 'heat'?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   

imagine the wealth of information that resided in the library at Alexandria

Ah guys there were a lot of books there, all open to scholars of the period. We have the surviving comments by those gentlemen on the collection. There is no mention of anything amazing(in the sense you would consider). Many Roman and Greek writers used those collections and the ones at Pergamun. The method of organization of the Library was also known and their is no section for amazing stuff.

People back then were into amazing things just like now, just read Pliny and others. They had tales of strange people and countries, they loved the stuff if there was something in there they would have mentioned it.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
How do you explain accounts of white men in ancient mesoamerican history? Theyare proof of atlantis

North American Clovis culture may be a group of Solutrean people that traversing the Atlantic ice-shelf from what is now france.
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
archaeology.about.com...

A growing number of paleontologist are following this theory.

For the most part the North American Clovis culture was then wiped out by a comet impact about 12,900 years ago with a few survivers lasting to be absorbed by mixing with the later Asian Paleoindians.

When and if a true Clovis skeleton that is intact enough to look at for size and racial markers will the answer be found.

Plus there is viking tales that the vikings followed old existing sagas when they found vinland/america

if nothing else the vikings did show that it was possible to cross from Europe to north American by boat. and during the ice age This journey appears to be feasible using traditional Eskimo techniques still in use today, technology which would have been available to the Solutrean people.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by ANNED]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
well science does have answers for both places.
they weren't real.
nor did they come from somewhere real, plato did speak of events that happened during his time, such as a war on athens, which didn't happen during the time frame he claimed( 9500 years ago)

the problem with your idea is this, our only source for atlantis is plato and no stories of atlantis are found within egyptian beliefs or texts, there are no myths about cities sinking beneath the waves that i've heard.

nor does lemuria appear anywhere before the 1800's
i know people love to believe lumuria was real, but all it was, was an explanation for lemurs before plate tectonics was accepted.

there are myths about sunken lands, but they never match real sunken places at all.
there are a lot of sunken landmasses that are real, but i highly doubt that the stories are based on them.
my reasoning is this, most of them happened long before we would care or know about such things, plus in all the stories i've heard about sunken lands outside of them sinking(which is really the only connection) they always have an absurd level of technology
most of the lands sinking did so during the holoscene period.
or at most it was a common idea that most people could relate to given experience of floods.

now i don't doubt that there are things we may never know or that we just don't know enough about. i really believe though that many things people take as evidence for this or evidence for that, when it comes to myth or folklore comes down to people being people and having the same life experiences

its hard to accept the premise that atlantis was based off a real place, given that nothing about atlantis matches anything real.
well lemuria wasn't real except to theosophists for nearly 150 years, with no proof of it, makes it hard to belief it was real anyway.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by demongoat
the problem with your idea is this, our only source for atlantis is plato and no stories of atlantis are found within egyptian beliefs or texts, there are no myths about cities sinking beneath the waves that i've heard.

Whoever built this lot certainly had some pretty useful building techniques, not replicated anywhere on dry land that we know about. These are solid rock, not built from blocks.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by Karilla]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

!!!!!!!!!
I have a book I am reading about the Norse settlements in Greenland/Vinland and beyond very old and by a guy who actually excavated old tools and such from there. You are correct that supposedly the Norsemen did know of the land west by older folk-lore and while everyone says that the 'vinland map' is false, it is not even written in runic! So obviously it is a copy of much older!

Another theory is that we reached many places around the world, why blonde and red haired bodies are found world wide...

It has also been supposed that northern Norway is ancient Lemuria and I can explain better maybe.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
Please explain Slayer, the comments you've made are not particularly new nor outrageous. Similar comments can be found within this forum and on a half dozen other ones. What is this 'heat'?

Two words.

Bible Thumpers!

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I need more input!!

Don't get me wrong I appreciate those who have stared and flagged this thread.
Yet I only have a handful or responses. I can't be that solidly founded.

Richard NIXON was reelected by the silent Majority.

Lets not repeat that scenario....

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by hoghead cheese

WOW

Thanks for the input. I'm reading now....

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Im not sure if anyone brought this up or not yet but what about Atlantis being Mesopotamia? I was reading a while ago online about Atlantis and the site mentioned a theory that Mesopotamia was Atlantis. I am trying to find the article but this was years ago. I dont know if that would be possible but then again who knows.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Great eye...

I'm looking at that. They had some of the earliest foundations of civilizations yet there is not a great deal portrait or mentioned in the text books.

Sad really.

I think we may need to throw out our scholastic rendering....

[edit on 24-9-2009 by SLAYER69]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join