It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Origins of Atlantis/Lemuria Myths Part-1

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
Imagine that because of the lower water levels the Mediterranean, for example, was at the time just a small closed sea in the middle of the Mediterranean basin. When the ice started to melt and the water reached levels high enough to pass over the land barriers that closed it (Gibraltar, for example), and that would mean a sudden rise in water levels inside the Mediterranean basin, like a flash-flood lasting for several months.

Way ahead of you buddy.

I got that covered. Reading the replies to this thread Part 2 is growing there may even be a part 3 if this keeps up.

Thanks everyone for your replies.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by Hanslune
Howdy Slayer

A good compilation and explanation of existing materials!

One question what is your explanation of why these alleged sunken civilization didn't just move to higher ground and why during their existence before the flood/disaster did they not leave traces on said higher ground?

Hey that's a fair question. I didn't want to [flood]
the first thread with too much info.

I have a couple of possible reasons covering that coming up.

Hi, Slayer. Great thread, as mentioned. S&F is the least you deserve!

As for the rising of the waters and the lack of evidence of cultures moving to higher ground, I think I can venture a tentative explanation.

There may have been gradual sea-level rise as the ice-caps began to melt, forcing some cultures to move slightly inland, as we do today in areas of high coastal erosion, but we only ever look forward a life-time at most and it certainly wouldn't have engendered a mass move to much higher ground.

Not all the sea level rise would have been gradual, however. There is evidence of several calamitous sea-level rises caused by ice-bound lakes in N. America and elsewhere losing their retaining southernmost ice-walls and releasing billions of gallons of freshwater into the seas. This would have caused se-level rise very rapidly, possibly too fast for any wholesale movement of cultures away from coastal regions (link).

Another link:www.nature.com...

[edit on 23-9-2009 by Karilla]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Karilla

Spot on I have that bookmarked as well as others. I think what some may have a problem with is that I don't think it was a slow continuous rise. I think it happened in spurts. The article you posted is just one of many I'll be using later in the next installment.

Thanks for the input.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

reply to post by Hanslune

You don't mind if I continue to skirt the fringe just on this side of facts do you?

Much of its mainstream or being debated in the mainstream, but keep up the good work

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Thanks for the invite. Interesting..........

I have an idea where you are going with this, but I will wait and see.

We are getting more signals about a replay of those events which likely caused much of what we see as mystery, in modern theory. I am not going to say any more, and will not need to soon enough.

S&F

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I would imagine much of this mentioned in some way in a previous documentary; as to the myth or stories of the moon not having been here as long was we have?

One recent documentary has stated the ocean floor is in some type of conveyor system and gets recycled, such as near the deapest trench?

The moon having been closer and the days shorter, likely plays a huge part; The other thing mentioned was stories or warnings of mountains falling and valleys rising. Major global earthquakes etc.

Volcanoes and underground mantles moving and pole shifts etc. It's been said we have sink holes and that falling or moving mantles and pole shifts may also be related. A recent documenary on the great lakes region and underground salt mines, might be another major clue of a fallen mantle or asteriod.

Too bad we don't have acess to possibly the oldest libraries some claim to be around the great pyramid. My assumption is that it's near the top of the great pyramid as where this library is, among other ancient secrets.

Edgar Cayce, or actually his unknown contacts, may have purposely misled us.

I'm curious what some remote viewers say about our real history. This information comes from somewhere, maybe there is some type of ancient computer complex hidden someplace.

It would seem some parts of the planet escaped major earth changes.

[edit on 23-9-2009 by aleon1018]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Wow, very interesting read. I have seen some of the information from you in some other threads, but it is good to see the compilation come together, along with more information, I don’t remember you presenting previously.

I always enjoy reading your threads, and this has to be one of your best thus far, S&F for you.

I have often wondered if we may be missing some discoveries off of coast lines as well, after all when you look at satellite imagery, you can see a secondary coast line in many places, how many of those coast lines were inhabited by ancient societies, that moved inland as sea levels rose. I believe you are helping to answer these questions with your theories, now if we could only get someone to do serious investigating of your theories.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by aleon1018
Too bad we don't have acess to possibly the oldest libraries some claim to be around the great pyramid. My assumption is that it's near the top of the great pyramid as where this library is, among other ancient secrets.

That's about my biggest issue I have with what our ancestors have done out of ignorance and bigotry.

Imagine if we had access to all the libraries from our ancient past. Burning and looting the libraries was a crime against humanity.

[edit on 23-9-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Imagine if we had access to all the libraries from our ancient past. Burning and looting the libraries was a crime against humanity.

I agree. Now we have to put up with the insufferably arrogant anthropologists and archaeologists telling us that there was NO civilisation before the Sumerians.

I believe that the more the discipline of marine archaeology develops, the more evidence we will find of inundated cities in the areas of ocean that would have been coast at the last ice-cap maximum.

On a slight side-note (Just thought this would be right up your street) an ex-submarine skipper has worked out where the maps of the world that Magellan, Columbus and others set off with on their voyages of "discovery" had been drawn by the Chinese in 1482. He has written a book (no website, but here is a book review) in which he lays out the journeys of the great treasure fleets, the largest wooden vessels ever built, and all while Henry VIII was lopping off heads and creating religions.

a digression, but it does serve to show that whenever we think we have the earliest of anything, it only takes one bit of info to make us re-write the history books. I believe the chronology of Human civilisation will prove to be the same.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

That's about my biggest issue I have with what our ancestors have done out of ignorance and bigotry.

No doubt that's been in a seperate thread. The catholic church, among others that hoard these somwhere as if their job and likely greed to keep them from us until...........

I think many religions were created to keep sacred science secret.

The saying; god only knows might just refer to some ancient computer/enity. Which reminds me of the last Time Machine movie and the librarian interface technology. ( even though that's not what you meant)

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

I think many religions were created to keep sacred science secret.

In Plato's dialogue these secrets or rather sharing of information supposedly came from the Egyptian priests. This is where the supposed Genesis of the Atlantis myth originates.

I have no doubt that not just in Egypt but in all early civilizations the highers classes and priest held back information from the masses and guarded it very closely.

This could also be yet another reason for there being a lack of written or even oral history regarding such events.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
AMAZING..

Congradulations on all the hard work of this thread..

very well done.. look forward to seeing more threads from uu..
:

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
This is epic stuff. Not only does it read like liquid but your theories are beyond commendable.

Bloody good thread.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by and14263

Hey thanks.

I appreciate the compliments.

Stay tuned more shall be revealed

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Part2 will be out in about a week maybe 10 days. I'll U2U all those who have posted replies.

Watch out!

I had better reply then!

Still reading through the thread, but I have to agree with all the accolades so far - you have done a great job with this project Slayer. S&F'd.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Yukitup

Don't worry I'll include you in the next U2U invites.

I'm glad you enjoyed the thread.

PEACE

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
How do you explain accounts of white men in ancient mesoamerican history? Theyare proof of atlantis

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

Stories are proof?
Since when? I heard a story about a giant lumberjack with a huge blue ox for a pet. I heard he made the Grand Canyon. Is that proof?

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

As always I look forward to your opinion.
Thanks for being civil.

Actually I would like to say that Phage and I have covered some interesting U2U formulating of this thread, he may or may not have been aware of it at the time. he has helped me stray away from some of the more fringe theories.

Phage...

Thank you.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Karilla

Yes, I've heard about the flooding that came from the glaciers in the upper plain states. They said that during the melting parts of the glaciers melted more than others and the front wall of some of these glaciers where holding back essentially glacial lakes the size of the great lakes or more. And that doesn't take into account the open channels and massive caverns that may have been formed in the glaciers that helped channel water from other areas or lakes in the massive glaciers. Also once the water starts to come out it is a self fulfilling prophecy of a sort. Because it helps to widen and break even more of the obstruction that is holding it back (glacial wall).

Also I thought of something else after that one person made comment about the mediterranian basin and water finally breaching the land wall to flood it. Remember the new ocean floor of ours has plateaus and mountains and sunken areas and valleys just like our dry land and water likes to follow the path of least resistance. So when the water levels went down 130/200/300/400 meters around the planet, the water may have receded from shore much farther than we think. Because the waters started draining into deeper areas and crevaces once the lower levels started to go down. I will post a link to a website and its world bathymetric map of the oceans (it's a big map), and it shows that alot of land may have seen the light of day during the ice age than what people thought. Almost the whole south asian area (Thialand and the countries around it) wasn't connected with just a land bridge, but can be considered a seperate continent by itself and these other land masses are just the high areas. Britain is whats left of a large section of europe that used to be part of the mainland of europe before the flood, etc. etc..

www.gebco.net...

Best to either download it from the website and see the full map or follow the map while it downloads and see it in clear detail. The light blue is the 200m range and less, and the next to the lightest is the 500m range. We may have many many ancient cities and quarries and mines sitting on the bottom of the ocean.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join