It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harder To Believe In - God or Aliens?

page: 55
<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Aliens make more sense to believe in.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Search out "The Urantia Book" and know "The Truth" above the phyical illusion of the "earth's" dream.

www.truthbook.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a Single Entity knows as "God", almost Laughable.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
you show me someone getting abducted by jesus and i'll gladly convert

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
All i know and all that i need to know is that..

There are an infinite number of days left yet.. to gather an infinite number more items on top of what we already have of proof that aliens exist.... but to this current point in time throughout human history (I don’t know of any animals that can prove me wrong here).. I have yet to see a shred of evidence that an actual God exists.. The only definition in the dictionary I can find for God translates to “unknown”..

Look at the ice core samples they have taken from Greenland which seem to support the theory that the earth is millions upon millions of years old...based on climate records stamped within the ice.. But years are just a number that humans created.. based on how many times the sun rises and sets ever since people have been keeping records.. kind of like a clock that starts ticking as soon as we're born based on the average life expectancy.

I believe humans are just one unique species amongst an infinite number of other unique species.. amongst an infinite number of possibilities and reasons on why we exist..

Even if someone did find out the "truth".. there would be an infinite number of conspiracy theories!

I think we have one thing in common with every type of living species though.. and that is in which we are curious.. and every other species of life is curious as soon as they're born..

Just like UFO's and aliens who i believe are from other planets and are more technologically advanced than we are.. who are just utilizing their technological advances to extend their curiousity.. and in my opinion.. for no other motive..

The day that anything stops being curious.. is the day where it completely stops enjoying life anymore..

And the fact that every one of us and every other living thing is completely unique.. means that every little piece of existence exists just to leave a piece of it's own uniqueness in time.... in whatever way it chooses to do so..

The bad thing is that religion wouldn't exist to anyone if they were never told about it at some point in their life.. I think people should just learn and research however and in whatever they want to believe in and also in how and however we came about... and not be told something from a young age and believe that it's wrong to believe in anything else..

Why does everyone try to prove something that they haven't seen? People should spend their time on earth trying to prove to others anything out of the ordinary that they truthfully have seen.. and preach knowledge..not beliefs.. Perhaps then we can make an advancement in our spiritually and technologically assisted enhancement in curiousity.

What happens when someone proves something right? or wrong? what happens then? now what? what happens next then? I guess there's always sport.. Imagine if someone did discover the "truth"? Imagine how much money they'd be offered to give their story on Oprah! But what happens on tomorrow's episode? who cares? Because we all saw and heard "God" appear on Oprah yesterday.. that's fulfillment.. Then we'd have to live our lives from that day on worshipping some guy that appeared on Oprah!

All i'm saying is that it's better to live life curious and just enjoy the time we get to contribute something..

Personally i like the idea of living not knowing what happens next!

The gods that i believe in are the beings that invented language.. the ability in which to communicate with other members of our own species.. the rest just comes "naturally"..

Cheers

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by CommonSense

GOD is light, that no man can see nor approach. Thats right from the bible. God's no alien.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
for me are different things!! god is the creator....aliens are creature live in our universe...i think so!!

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Both extremes are part of the same measure, creators are all around you, you are all immortals the body doesn't die it just takes on a different form.

If one were to look outside this planet and look in from another planet what would you see, but another alien life form, perhaps with a different physiological being, but inhabits the same method of transportation, thought.

There are creators out there creating for creation purposes.

Your planet could be actually organically created with the right intelligence. Along with intercropping planets with vegetation, bringing in other animals from other time spaces.

You will most likely be redefining what you know GOD TO BE. It is a physical creation and a spiritual energy.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I think they are the same so no conflicts here. We thought of them as Gods when they showed up in our skies and communicated with us.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by EmbryonicEssence
The God/s that we know and have come to believe in were probably an alien species. If we were to go to another planet with primitive inhabitants, we would certainly be seen as God/s. Most of the bible (old and new testament) sounds like a damn sci-fi novel.

Do I believe in a being that is more powerful than anything in the universe? Yes. Is his/her/it's name God? Who the hell knows? I just call him/her/it the "almighty being." No point in giving something/someone a name if you don't know their name.

Does the "almighty being" influence us? I can't say for sure. It sure as hell doesn't seem like it. And why would he/she/it want to influence us? We're probably entertainment to the "almighty being." Personally, I think we are just another "reality tv" show for the "almighty being."

I mostly agree with this take - I believe there is "Existance" which is what I would call God - capital "G" - then there are gods - either self-proclaimed or elevated to that status which I think is what the bible revolves around - alien gods - gods with the power of DNA to 'create' life. So for clarity in this thread, would recommend that be first - defining the difference between "Creator of All That Is" and anything else under/within it - especially "gods" in our history - I think they were extraterrestrial.

I think Creator of All That Is doesn't pay attention to every detail of existance and just "Is" and leaves all existance to fend for itself. Hence we can (and are) manipulated by anyone else with the means in a heartbeat -

I don't believe there is a "God" to be prayed to for help or absolving sins - it's all a way to keep people guilty and trapped. I do believe we each have our core, our soul, or light however and that IS worth praying /connecting to - but I believe all religions have taken it and twisted it for their own gain forever.

And it all comes through knowledge - becoming "illumined", Hmm... there's a different perspective...

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Ark-Angel

That sounds very similar to my thread here.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   
It is easier to believe in aliens because we know that life exists, and that the universe is large enough to support other life. Meanwhile, there cannot be proof that God exists, otherwise it would not be a faith, it would be a science. For people that think logically, God is not an impossibility, it's just not worth looking into, too many vague details preventing research.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Second, there's a lot of speculation that God is really an alien.

Hi CS,

Pretty simple really. Since God is not from Earth, he just created it, then he is by definition Alien.

Now if he created Earth and all its various species he was here first, right. So maybe he qualifies for non Alien like us??

But if God created Earth and really cares for Earth and all of us, how does he do maintenance work? Surely not with those nasty aliens? OMG!!

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
Search out "The Urantia Book" and know "The Truth" above the phyical illusion of the "earth's" dream.

www.truthbook.com...

Well look who called the kettle black..."pinpin" this book again I see.

On topic:
Obviously aliens make more sense.
Anyone with developed mechanical skills can do that math and get it right.
It's people who depend on the Calculator of Lies, religion, that get it wrong.

[edit on 15-9-2008 by mmariebored]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   

For people that think logically, God is not an impossibility, it's just not worth looking into, too many vague details preventing research.
reply to post by SkepticPerhaps

Hi SkepticPerhaps,

Thanks for your post!

In an effort to keep the thread rolling, I offer this. I've read most of the posts on this thread. Many have offered evidence that ETs exist or that they have seen something that convinces them of their existance. That's good. Many can agree on that.

What about the existance of God or god or the Almighty or Creator of the universe or the Universal Creator? What evidence is there of HIM?

Because it was or is written somewhere? (Obviously a text like the koran or the bible) Or it is evidenced by some devine happening? Or an ET came to you and convinced you that the devine creator does exist? Or because on some level of physics the formulas agree, the workings of the cosmos can't be by chance? Or the quantum physics, the string theory, the subatomic particles, made you convinced?

I'm serious, what was it?

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by CommonSense
After having read many posts on religious conspiracies and aliens, I've noticed a number of things. First of all, we seem to have a large nummber of atheists on ATS. Second, there's a lot of speculation that God is really an alien. Third, many people, atheists included, find it easier to believe all sorts of bizarre stories about aliens yet can't seem to simply believe in God without putting some twist on it.

And that is my question. Why? If God is an alien, then who created him? If there is no God, why do some choose to beleive that the human race was placed on earth by a bunch of reptiles from another galaxy? Who created the reptiles and their galaxy? there is certainly less "evidence" to support that notion than simply believing in God. At least there's the Bible to support that traditional belief.

In any event, I'm looking forward to reading well thought out accounts of the reasons behind many of the beliefs that I question.

Thanks!

there is no evidence of any god..which is odd considering man has had about 10000 over the millenia..there are however plenty of pieces of evidence for aliens...and..of course..given the amount of planets in the universe we cant be alone in the universe..

believing in aliens is a given.. believing in any one of the of the gods..be it thor..poseidon or shiva...is wishful thinking...a comfort blanket.

[edit on 16-9-2008 by alienesque]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   

As I see it:
It is easier to believein aliens than it is to believe in god.
If one reads the bible it's sooo filled with things that obviusly makes you doubt that this can be true... lot's of stuff that in no ways add up...

Aliens and ufo's... well we live now in a world in search of evidence... and we see pic's and film's with these thing... might be true might be false... but non the less, it's something to look at and have an oppinoun about...
A lot easier than an old book with words... from a time when development was very low....
Sorry for my poor english... hope ypou get my point..
Cheers

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
There is alot of scriptures in the torah(old testemant) that speaks of "G-d" traveling in Ufos...
The witness who claims to see and have visions of "G-d" traveling in this Ufo could only best describe what he sees to the best of his knowledge...
For example.....
"Elijah"
The witness said he saw a chariot(moving vehicle) of fire(lights) pick up(abduct) Elijah the prohphet and shot back into the heavens(skies)..
If today,you see a flying object pick someone up and shoots back into the skies,
It would clearly be calld a alien abduction.....

Now moving on to the new testament..

Yahshua (Jesus) said that he was from "another world" and that if he was in his world his servants would have fought for him...

Clearly Yahshua(jesus) said that he is from another world and that if he was "in his world, his servants would of fought for him"....

I only mentioned 2 scritpures but there is so many scriptures that back up the thoery that the creater is from another world...

So yeah i believe that YHWH(G-d) is from another planet ....

As a matter of fact in the book of "Revalation"
that the son of man (Yahshua) will come back to earth "in his kingdom"....
The bible also gives the deminsions of this kingdom he is coming "in"..

Intresting

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I concur, god, alien or some uber spiritual being, without a shadow of a doubt exists, aliens as well, now...Bigfoot on the otherhand...

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   

top topics

<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join