It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harder To Believe In - God or Aliens?

page: 56
<< 53  54  55    57  58 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I'm certain one exists and will make contact with humans, the other I'm sure doesn't exist and is a figment of man's imagination.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
If there were an unknown advanced intelligence called God whether it was an alien or ont if it were looking out for the best interest of the human race it would have started by communicating and setting up an rational education system.

It would not inspire religion and remain silent while they fight 1 war after another in his name.

This is enough to quickly rule out the benevelent God that deserves to be worshiped.

Then "God" would have to have another motive. If it were aliens it is conceivable that they are studying us the way we study animals. Which would mean this is 1 BIG research project.

The benifit would be the education that people receive as a result of the research project.

Sounds farfetched?? It is.

Whether this farfetched idea is true or not it would be a good idea to set up the best possible education system.

No matter what it would be a good idea to figure out the most effective way to avoid wars.

No matter what it would be a good idea to protect the envirnment.

Carl Sagan once said something like "we should terraform Mars because it appears like we may not be willing to preserve the Earth's envirnment."

This isn't an exact quote and it seems sarcastic. If we can't preserve Earth what makes anyone thing think we can terraform Mars?

We should worry more about preserveing Earth then terraforming the desserts which is a more reasonable goal.

Also whether the alien/God exists or not it would be a good idea to stop cult indoctrination and relace it with rational education.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by CommonSense

If I was to think back when I was young and didn't know any better I would say BOTH are hard to believe in.

But due to our society and what we are being taught and how we are brought up.

We are being told GOD, and so that is what we believe.

Whenever we hear about ET's in the media, entertainment or whatever it is always under the category of COMEDY.

It is SCI-FI, have you ever asked yourself why?

Think about it.
What is more plausible from a scientific point of view.
Extraterrestrials in this infinite universe or 1 person in heaven somewhere called GOD,?

Of course they don't want you to know what they already know.
Putting extraterrestrials in movies, comics, cartoons etc. is brilliant.

Religions of the world have only become a front so people do not open their minds and consider lest they see and believe and know.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by EmbryonicEssence

Wow! What an amazing producer God is! Personally, I cant wait to die to spend HOURS in His DvD Library! Just think! We will find every TRUTH about everything! There will be nothing more to argue about. Not to mention his books! Titles like "So now you know -100 years really IS the blink of the eye" and "Here is how I did it"! Haha Yeah!
I think we are meant to evolve, but that old question still is present. If we evolved from Apes, why are there still apes around? We have just been given the means to do so [evolve] and how we do that is up to us-for good-and sadly, more so these days, for bad (so we can see and feel the effect and difference). Yet lets face it, ours is not the first generation to fight with one another over the smallest to the largest issues, as we don't all think alike.How boring if we did! We would NEVER evolve! Pain is pain and I do not think that any Religion can lose someone in the name of 'their "god" and be truly happy and thrilled, without even a int of 'my baby/husband/daughter/parent is no more and I truly don't know if I will see them again. Unless they are not telling is what they know, as unless they ARE Aliens, they MUST have doubts like all of us. To lose a loved one is as bad in any culture. After the Hype of the deaths of the Bali Bombers, those mothers will cry for their sons, if not on the outside then surely on the inside, thats what makes us HUMAN-love. But if there were not such 'monsters' then neither we, nor our own ancestors would never learn and nor would their children. Maybe occasonally we need a [natural] jolt to remind us that we are not the all powerful, controlling beings we are. Global warming? We are causing it, and we are learning, and soon, someone will come up with something not so destructive. At the end of the 1900's inventors were saying, "we have invented all that can be invented and the world is as good as it will get!" Since then look at what has been invented in the 20th Century! Flight, Phones and Communications of ALL types, TV, Radio for entertainment and communication, new music new instruments, new foods, flowers, types of clothes and footwear. I am sure the 'inventors could come up with a similar line at the end of the last Millenium...but this time they were wise enough to shut up and not be so closed. I for one, look forward to the second coming of Jesus,no matter where He's from. Did anyone ever say Heaven was not a Galaxy? (please don't quote me,these are merely my thoughts and maybe the dinasaurs are living happily in Heaven,on the other side of another Galaxy being prepared for what our world has gone through in its history. I just hope they casually leave a few "how to not upset your fellow man" self help books around like they did for us. Lets just hope the next Planet has more sense to read them. It may be wise to add, all religious doctrine is about PEACE and LOVE, it is MAN who interprets it. We had the rules handed to us-dont kill, love, dont steal..etc and we learned the consequences even back then!No, we STILL havent, have we. Dad, I hope you are waiting for me and that this was just a really clever experiment where we all get to live forever together in bliss apart from the odd 70 years on this planet, give or take a few decades. I Love God no matter who He is and where He is from. I'd be in his next movie for sure!!!
I, for one find it harder to beleive in a random explosion in space creatying the exact conditios for all types of life to 'evolve' over millions of years, than I do the 'not so literal" story of Adam and Eve. Personally I think Adam and Eve may have been either Races, or Generations. And no, I have no idea if I am right or wrong, I will have to wait until I die. I find it VERY hard to beleive we are here for nothing. I also don't think a God sends His family to eternal war in Hell. No Parent loves War.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I have the same question. There's one book the can answer most of our questions, but people are so lazy to get their **ses on a chair and read it that simple doesn't seem to wants to know the truth, it's called Bible.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by daonde
I have the same question. There's one book the can answer most of our questions, but people are so lazy to get their **ses on a chair and read it that simple doesn't seem to wants to know the truth, it's called Bible.

Was it necessary to revive such an old thread to be a Bible Thumper?

I've read the bible, front to back, two versions, plus the addendums (revelations etc.). There are statements in it that disgust me, at one point it even says that we should stone disobedient or rebellious children, specifically teenagers. I'm sorry but to take a book like that at face value and believe it has all the answers is simply wrong. It has a lot of moral values that are great to adopt, but it's stories are old and adopted from other religions and is a clear case of plagiarism in some of the most popular stories (Story of Moses comes from an old Babylonian story). Most people are better off not reading the Bible, moral values are something you should develop on your own. As for it having answers, I found it had answered very few after reading it, and created many more.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Well if you take out that as an american i've been drum beat to be christian and am..

and just look at the storys themselves, you have on one hand god creating adam from dirt, then eve from adam's rib

in the other you have aliens dinkering with dna of hominads to create us..

all things being equal.. the aliens win out, dna is real even if aliens are unproven yet

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Why does something need to have been created by a divine power or higher being in order to exist? Were the bacteria and single-celled organisms and whatnot that much life evolved from created or did they form naturally? I see "god" as being nature, life, the laws that hold everything together, rather than an actual conscious being. I also believe in alien life. Maybe they created us through technological means, maybe we evolved. I'd say there is more evidence for evolution than anything else.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I'm a catholic, but to be honest I don't believe anything about the stories from Jesus and God.
A story about a man in an ancient time that could walk on water, turn blood into wine, heal the blind and resurrect after dying makes no sense at all, is just impossible, unless ofcourse you believe in it (which is your choice).
Now 2000 years later, with our modern technology, it's still not possible to walk on water, turn blood into wine, etc.

The story about aliens on the other hand, is very believable, because there are billions and billions of planets in the universe and it's Very likely that there are different alien races living on them.
There are planets that are 5+ billion years (Can't remember exact numbers) older than our Earth, so it's very likely that they have technology that we just can't understand.

There are also many reported sightings of UFO's/Aliens, all the government coverup stories that make sense if you think about it scientifically.
There has been no reported sightings of people that have the abilities of Jesus or who have come back from the dead.

Just my opinion.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by daonde

Indeed. According to the bible the answer is Jesus was not of this world which means his father who posed as god was also not of this world. They were from somewhere far enough away that his servants could do nothing to help him because of the distance.

John 18:36

Jesus replied, “My kingdom is not from this world. If my kingdom were from this world, my servants would be fighting to keep me from being handed over to the Jewish authorities. But as it is, my kingdom is not from here.”

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by colec156

i can answer the chicken and egg question, it was the egg, i was raised on a chicken farm most of my life. now that i need it i cant remeber what two brids cross bread, but that was where the chicken came from.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I am one of those people you are talking about 13 and i still think maybe there is a god but myself no one told me or tried to convince me to believe this acctualy i jsut googled *gods or aliens* but i dont think it is too hard to believe if there is a god is another story but if there is a different higher power they could have had control over our lives by religion just saying we *humans* are probably the msot curious things ever in wanting to answer questions but none of us probably ever stopped to think that may be what we were expected to do

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
or maybe they might jsut want to know what would happen if diffrent believes are placed

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
the same reason we would inject rats with weird #

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
And for anyone opposing UFOs and thinks they are impossible look at what we have done once people dreamed of flying and would do almost anything and now we can even travel faster than sound 20,000 miles per hour and breaking off of gravity almost completely and if you think we cant ever achieve travel by light years you can say it to my damn face.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
ok i say god is the supreme being. energy can neither be created nor destroyed. so energy has always existed like god. second people lose 21 grams of weight right after they die. so there goes your soul leaving your body. i had a third reason but i lost it. i believe in god but i will not push him on other people because that is wrong. there are my reasons why i think god is real. aliens i also believe in. but i dont believe they have always been here.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
A creator is easy to believe in... Aliens are a snap too... It's those darn messiahs and prophets that get me all hot and bothered and snarky.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Quick question for those who dont believe in god but believe in aliens.

Say you meet an alien race and they believe in god, would you then believe in god?

Just curious.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by CommonSense

it is quite simple - i am an atheist - so OBVIOUSLY believe in no gods , further to this i believe that life on earth has a naturalistic origin , and if here - why not elsewhere ?

where theists always invoke some special pleading when you ask them - where did your god come from ?

top topics

<< 53  54  55    57  58 >>

join