It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harder To Believe In - God or Aliens?

page: 57
<< 54  55  56    58 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by somewhatkool

a quick question for you

would you expect a american white caucasian atheist to embrace hunduism , just because he met an indian man who swore hinduism was correct ?

if not - why should he accept the religious beliefs of an extra terrestrial

and further - what if he met 2 extra terestrials who proffeseed different religious beliefs ???????????

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
There is undeniable proof, that Life exists on the planet we call Earth.

As far as we can tell, there are an infinite number of planets.

Therefore, mathematically, there is an infinite probability of there being life on other planets.

Life on other planets equals alien life, so yes aliens exist.

Whether they are capable of visiting us here on earth... that is another question!

God? I have yet to see undeniable proof.
The bible is not proof, it is a collection of stories written and handed down by men. Probably in an attempt to set out an admirable code of conduct for believers to follow.

Therefore, for me, I'd have to say God is harder for me to believe in than Aliens.

Great topic BTW

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I wish I knew. A part of me believes in both.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by CommonSense

HONESTLY! HONESTLY! In my GOD honest truth, I think
"You" shall find you answers residing in this thread!

Check it OUT!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

-GOD BLESS!!!! (honestly)

EDIT: sorry for the empty post below (bad internet connection)

[edit on 13-12-2009 by Tek-Neek55]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Great you believe in aliens. Me too. I have another question.

What if this alien you met, was god? therefore you may not know it, therefore your belief in aliens is a belief in god.

I know this have been covered before in the thread and I apologise.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Aliens are much easier to believe.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gordi The Drummer
There is undeniable proof, that Life exists on the planet we call Earth.

As far as we can tell, there are an infinite number of planets.

Therefore, mathematically, there is an infinite probability of there being life on other planets.

Life on other planets equals alien life, so yes aliens exist.

Whether they are capable of visiting us here on earth... that is another question!

God? I have yet to see undeniable proof.
The bible is not proof, it is a collection of stories written and handed down by men. Probably in an attempt to set out an admirable code of conduct for believers to follow.

Therefore, for me, I'd have to say God is harder for me to believe in than Aliens.

Great topic BTW
I totally agree, and I have to say, it would seem easier to prove aliens exist with hard evidence, then trying to prove something exist with no evidence besides faith. I guess both take a leap of faith, mathematically or not, but it seems one can truly be proven, while the other(god) can't.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
There is no prove that god exsists

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply topost by ufo2009

"There is no prove that god exsists"

That statement depends on what your understanding of what "God"
pertains to.

I think "WE" can find it within "OURSELVES" to "DEFINE" what "God" really is to "YOU" as an "INDIVIDUAL." Meaning, don't be a "SHEEP" and guide yourself through your own specific journey, as an energy source, through your own personal "INTUITION."

My beliefs of "God" are not as what some will call a "HIM" or "HER,"
but simply as a "WHOLE" a "ONE" Divine Creator of "OUR" existence.

Life must have come from "SOMETHING," as that "SOMETHING" could
NOT EXIST without "NOTHING."

*Am I Rambling??????

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   

I am truely sorry for interupting this thread with some off topic material but i just had to say it...

It is the season of giving and so far this thread has 1130 replies and only 5 flags......WTF. Is it that bad?

I saw the opening post and i must say this original thought deserves a flag and a star.

Now i will read the rest and maybe find out why it isn't appreciated as much as the amount of replies would suggest.

Peace

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Gordi The Drummer

sigh , you have cited a PROBABILITY , based on statistical calculations - not a proof

if we use the much maligned ` drake equation ` - it is POSIBLE , though higly improbable that any one of the factors COULD = 0 , in which case there would be no extra terestrial life

formal logic really should be taught in schools

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by Gordi The Drummer

sigh , you have cited a PROBABILITY , based on statistical calculations - not a proof

if we use the much maligned ` drake equation ` - it is POSIBLE , though higly improbable that any one of the factors COULD = 0 , in which case there would be no extra terestrial life

formal logic really should be taught in schools

Yes I have cited a probability, an Infinite Probability, and if you re-read my earlier post correctly, I never claimed that it was PROOF of alien life.

Thankyou for the unwarranted sarcasm though, that really makes posting here worthwhile.

Happy Holidays!
G

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Well I know people who think that god and aliens dont exist and then those whom think both exist. It's rather hard to prove either way. I think that it all had to start somewhere so to me that is proof of god. So to me god is more of a creative force that anything. If you keep going back in time infinitly that is proof of creation. We cannot simply comprehend these concepts and that is proof that there is some higher force than us. I like to think of it as a three dimensional object living in a 2D world. The 2D world will only see a slice of the 3D object, but there is more to it, but they are just not able to comprehend or fathom it, because it is out of thier mindsets and rationale. I think that is what god is. It is a creative force all around us, and we see it's 3D biproducts, but we are not allowed to see it's full capacity.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
who wants the truth, how it all started with the sumerians, god created all, even reptilians

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
govt wont let me type what i want

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
wow this is unbelievable, this is the first time ive been on here and i already dont like it. it wont let u guys see the truth

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
we are going to be a product of our govt with barcodes and become slaves to majestic 12 and these reptoids (greys)

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
there is a god he is the force all around us, lol . no its not funny society would laugh at that because its a movie and movies cant be true or real, but thats a subliminal message and how the govt gets people to not know the truth. movies are true the movie " they live" is 98% true. star wars was made by ideas of contactees of extraterrestrials. so many people in this world let the darkside take them. a lot of people would laugh at that but its really sad but true. its just not your time, maybe in another 26000 years

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I think there is life on other planets, therefore a part of me says that intelligent aliens could be visiting the Earth, but I would not say that DEFINITELY aliens are visiting the Earth, because I have never seen really good evidence (other than the well-known cases of purely circumstantial evidence).

So the belief in ET visitation is very similar to the belief in God -- they both require a lot of faith rather than solid proof.

new topics

top topics

<< 54  55  56    58 >>

join