It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harder To Believe In - God or Aliens?

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   
At the moment, the answer is easy. Aliens. Why? Well I'll tell you.

To me, religion is just a way of controlling the masses. If you look at all the religions that have come and gone throughout the millenium, there are always recurring themes i.e. A saviour that will redeem your soul, Angels, Prophet's, demons, and the Church. And the simple theme of ALL religions is "IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE IN GOD/ALLAH/BUDDHA/YAHWEH YOU WILL ROT IN HELL YOU EVIL PERSON!!!!!!!!!!!". Unless someone comes up with definitive proof that God exists, there is no way in hell *s'n-word'* you will be getting me to subscribe to the Church's point of view. Even if they do get the necessary proof, I won't be joining the elitist "we're better than you" people in all religions. Because I would rather live my life in sin, being able to believe and do what I feel is right than be told how and what to live by, by some Sycophantic priest. And who would be the better person? The one who lives life believing that all people are equal, that nobody should be kicked while they are down, or the man/woman who lives by an antiquated doctrine that has no bearing on todays world, who gets around with other men who believe the same (including many that are the most evil persons in the world, f**king Child Molesters)?????

And the second reason????? Well, technically we have found proof of alien life. Anyone remember back in the 90's when NASA got hold of that meteorite that had the fossilised bacteria/single celled organism??? Well, technically, THAT is alien life because it didn't originate on Earth. That and too many people have claimed to have met extra-terrestrials to be completely disproven. Even if 99.999% of the cases can be disproved, there is still that 0.001% that they can't.

And that's my 2 cents.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
As one who has seen and been before the gray aliens, I hold my hand up as to anounce I never seen god and cannot vouch one exist. On the other hand, aliens show themselves, where this god fellow does not.

Until some one or other brings this god before humanity, than I for one cannot accept one exist. As for the bible, god seemed to be hanging around than, what happened to him/it.

God is a fabrication to answer our reason for being here.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
It is possible to have free will and still have God. It is also possible to have free will yet God still know what decisions you are going to make because he can see the beginning and the end and all in between at the same time.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
They both have high probabilities. If our universe is teaming with life, that must mean that the theory of evolution is incorrect. This would mean that we weren't an accident, and it would mean that there must be some kind of source for the creation of all living things. Now, whether it be extraterrestrial genetic engineers that seed life on many planets, or some kind of force in the universe that seeds everything, I don't know.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
All that is, all that every was, and all that ever will be, is YOU!. Thats what's most difficult to believe You Are God! click and listen

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Wow some statements ,hey but all have Freewill..

Why people question religion i understand ,it is all how man deceived us over the 100's of years. Without naming the denominations that have so used God in such a manner that some do not or cannot see God or The Supreme Being. How they have gained & fed off us and derailing us in using God's name.

Instead of letting God’s Word change their beliefs to conform to His truths, they change the words or their meanings to make them fit their beliefs! And doing this they take billions for a ride ,losing their faith.

What wavelength are we on ? We are being tuned in on theirs and being played to death,death of an eternal kind.Man "reveres" himself ,only One should be revered ..not Reverand This ,Reverand That? Deceived so many times by these certain religions/denominations right infront of our eyes yet we do not want to take notice,we choose not to see. We rather want to question "Is there a God?"

To deceive you play the part ,you become your enemies friend to steal his wife,once his wife is against him she will turn his children and so on. The fun thing is the children can always see that mommy has been deceived ,then they seek daddy,cause daddy was set out of their lives,they grew up without a dad.Sometimes they find him ,sometimes not.

When confronted with problems or important decisions, men simply either do not know what to do, or they deceive themselves about what they have already decided not to do.

If we believe in ET life we gotta believe in a Supreme Being not? Who created/made the aliens?

“Prove all things; hold fast that which is good” (I Thes. 5:21). If God wrote the Bible, and He tells you to “Prove ALL things,” then surely He would not make proof of His authorship of the Bible an exception. It states, “ALL things.”

**Weird thing ,i have been trying to post this the last 2 hrs and my internet connection keeps timing out**

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
well this is something that probably has no right answer... aliens exsist, as for god, i think its an energy

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
well this is something that probably has no right answer... aliens exsist, as for god, i think its an energy

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
We are all alien anyway. Life came to this planet from elseware via meteorite impacts during earths beginning. Why is it so hard to believe that life exists elseware when we came to be from elseware? Much much easier to believe in aliens than a god that we came up with via man.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I have absolutely no doubt about aliens existing somewhere.
A god is much harder to accept or believe in for me.

But i can find peace with the idea / theory that the universe itself is
self aware and expressed a desire to create.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by CommonSense
After having read many posts on religious conspiracies and aliens, I've noticed a number of things. First of all, we seem to have a large nummber of atheists on ATS. Second, there's a lot of speculation that God is really an alien. Third, many people, atheists included, find it easier to believe all sorts of bizarre stories about aliens yet can't seem to simply believe in God without putting some twist on it.

And that is my question. Why? If God is an alien, then who created him? If there is no God, why do some choose to beleive that the human race was placed on earth by a bunch of reptiles from another galaxy? Who created the reptiles and their galaxy? there is certainly less "evidence" to support that notion than simply believing in God. At least there's the Bible to support that traditional belief.

In any event, I'm looking forward to reading well thought out accounts of the reasons behind many of the beliefs that I question.

Thanks!

First off, who is to even say that you can really believe in Humanity? Of course I do not mean this in a literal sense. There is just so much crazyness in this world, that it sure is a huge task to put forth an optimistic view of humankind. Just when you are about to give up though, you run across someone as close to an Angel as you can imagine.

Second, why would those who believe in God fail to believe that he created other humanoid or animal related species on other planets? That seems to be a fairly overly righteous attitude full of snobbish and condescending views. If you believe in God and his creation of Earth and all that inhabit it, then you should also hold the belief that God created an entire Universe full of infinite possibilites.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Aliens have to exist for the simple fact that all the planets and galaxys we cannot be the only species.God does not have to exist or if he does than he would be an extraterrestrial.Extraterrestrial -Originating, located, or occurring outside Earth or its atmosphere: intelligent extraterrestrial life.So thus like it or not if there is a god than he is... drum roll please an alien because he would not be of this world

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I created the Universe. I am here to claim my Kingdom soon.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRealJesus

Uhm, Err, at the risk of being serious here, I am wondering if you also have some swamp land for sale in Floriduhhhhhh!!!!!

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by CommonSense

I believe in god and aliens. I may have a different idea of what god is than most people though. I do believe that the bilbe cannot be trusted, and that 'jesus' most likely never existed. Some people then ask, 'well then how can you believe in god?' I just tell them that is one of the dumbest questions i've ever heard in my life.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I'm new here, I don't know if i should put stuff in here or create my own...although it seems like this topic best fits my situation maybe? I definately need answers and am real serious. freaked out a lil in past few hrs of reading some posts before I became member, but im glad im not the only one. How things since august 10th with my health, visions, dreams (past/present), fascination with stars thru me being sick, and in and out of hospital and going to my second find of family doc to try and figure the physical part out, which most everything has came back normal cept finding out why I was vomiting blood. I have been certain between hrs of 3am and 5 ive been seeing some kind of alien craft in the north east of the farm(around 400 aceres) i live on.Its NOT an airplain! It don't move, but i see lights on and around it..mostly white and red. I wake in pains and have excessive sweats,but always seemed to be drawn some nights to the back door..which i will explain my recurring dream: i was preg 6yrs ago briefly..it was vivid, was about revelations in bible, w/horses/everything, then the world came to an end and the aliens were comming to take me away and i woke up in fear seeing the last image that has tormented me till this day, why i always lock the back door seems its next to my bedroom..but obviously that may not matter lol..but seen a short(head came up to the door knob) grey alien standing in the doorway(half cracked open). I havn't had that dream but had same feelings of being pregnant again...feeling like something was way wrong w/my body and fatigued. Once after staring at tha (hopeing it was a satilite) went, looked in mirror to wash my face to look again and my eyes were slanty and black, then once while i was in the hospital. it just didnt look like "me" but i blamed it on not getting enuf sleep, but the thing was still outsid.Sometimes when i would close my eyes; id see white circles,( rare for me unless when I tried deep meditation once). then Id see alien eyes looking back toward in the left corner.The second time I went into the hospital I got admitted for four days and was unconcous for about a day 1/2 then i had bad pressure in my scull and all kinds of weird things happened but towards the third day i was seeing the big white circles when id look at the clock and then seen a black blured tunnel vision w/a white circle at the end, the doc came in and said nothing was wrong w/me that i was fine...even tho I couldnt speak what "i" wanted to say, and couldnt walk and could only remember past situations and present wasnt clear to me at all..i got sent home in worse shape than i went in. and just now being able to do a lot of simple ordinary things, remembering. Ive never had a reg family doc, i hardly ever get sick so all these things that happend all at once was weird.This whole thing has been extremely weird and felt different in those times of last week of sep when i first saw them till recently when i read verbally Matthew chapters 4-9. Then w/out taking any meds, my pains deminished then came back. Ive talked to my g-ma about seeing the aliens and craft, us both being christians, she tells me she believes me and im not crazy that theyre real.(tho I cant tell the doc's or theyll for sure admit me!lol) Her dad was a pastor and said he seen aircrafs too. Ive wanted to call my uncle who works for the fbi and my aunt (NASSA) but I havnt talked to them since i strayed from God and moved from southern states to northern states since i got married/preg.in 2000 and think theyll tell me im crazy.Something definately spiratul/war going on w/me, but i've also seen the same thing in the sky recently on an uncloudy night. I turned 28 on the third day in hospital, not even realizing it was my birthday. I'm a libra..havnt went to get my palms read only twice in my life both times things were so deep they didnt charge, now i have two endentations on ea.hand thru alla that. I have the bigdiper on my belly-abs,but God has healed

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
This is a rather ambiguous question. It refers to two very different kinds of belief. Aliens we have seen. Aliens we have (debatably ) proof of.
Ergo, I believe.
God no one has ever seen. God no one has ever proven. God is self-professedly illogical.
I believe in God because I choose to; I just don't let Him get in the way of my logic.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by CommonSense
Harder to Believe In - God or Aliens?

Thanks!

Absolutely no difference whatsoever.
This is all a matter of BELIEFS.
The subject of God or UFOs pertain to the category of BELIEF SYSTEMS.
"Ufology" is not Science. It's about a Belief System found in a segment of the population. Likewise, the subject of God is about a Belief System found among the bulk of the population.

-------
www.myspace.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
depends on the definition of GOD. To me GOD is universal consciousnesss that dwells in all life.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Norio Hayakawa

ile further that.

both the concept of an alien and a god are purely human metaphysical constructs.

ie they exist as a product of our minds,as beliefs.
the metaphysical mind is a limited interpretation of reality with words(sounds),visions, and other such data comprising our representation of the very real and perfect physical world.

does sentient matter exist(aliens),yes
does a sentient creator exist(god),its possible,a species may live the lifespan of a universe and evolve the capability to create their own.

ile stop before i start preaching.

[edit on 16-11-2007 by welivefortheson]

new topics

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join