It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harder To Believe In - God or Aliens?

page: 51
<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Aliens.

Because there is just as much control to be gained by people believing they were created by a highly technological race, as opposed to, well, created.

Religion has run its course, and people only now see the negative effects from many strong willed religious people coming together.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by nappyhead
You are just as blinded as you say "Mistress of Night" is. Have you not been reading this whole argument? We've already discussed tons of evidence about how GOD DOES EXIST!

So you say there are official documents
? Can you please cite it on this website?

[edit on 24-6-2005 by nappyhead]

Some country officials have acknowleged their extra-terrestrial origin,there are tons of radar sightings + visual confirmations,mort astronauts said they saw them,plus official documents from the cia and fbi (FOIA).

And no,god does not exist! The Bible is just a book written by ancient people that we're inspired by even more ancient myths from sumeria and other places...

There are two possibilities:

1. God exists
2. God does not exist

The physical universe has three well-known attributes:

1. Matter, time, and energy are finite
2. The physical universe has order rather than chaos
3. The physical universe is unintelligent and unconscience

Therefore someone or something created the physical universe.

Even if you disagree with the God I worship you should understand those things. You could at least agree that someone or something formed the universe and is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent. Perhaps you don't believe it is God, but some kind of supernatural force, but you should at least agree with my above statement.

The fact that the universe has order rather than chaos doesn't prove anything. The universe is the way it is because of the universal forces that work in the universe (gravity,electromagnetics,etc).

And chaos does exist,on the quantic scale...

[edit on 26-6-2005 by DarkSide]

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I was raised southern baptist. Over the years as I have gotten older I am not sure where I stand on the religion debate. Truthfully I believe life was a spawn of evoloution. It was just a matter of all the right ingredients coming together under the right conditions. As far as religion is concerned. My theory is that prehistoric man in his own superstitious manner created gods to explain how his surroundings came to be. Also that leaders of that era needed a device to control the populace. What a better way than a supreme being that created life that could also take it away. Note how religion and politics have always seem to go hand in hand. Also how the leaders were always considered appointed or decendants of the gods or god. Just like how your imagination played tricks on you as a kid or in the dark. I believe the same of the birth of religion. It was nothing more than a concieved idea of governing the body of the citizens or tribes bourne of fear of the unknown and the inventive imagination. Plus you have to admit the person or persons that originally brainstormed the concept, would have achieved power over the members of it's sect. Imagine you went back in time prior to the stone age with your knowledge. Think of how you could manipulate the heathern barbarians with just knowledge alone.

All in all I do say I believe in a higher being. Probally of another dimension or even deep within our own self conscience. Actually I think we discredit ourselves and our humanity to give into the notion that we were created as play toys for the amusement of a Supreme being who probally turned the channel on us long ago. We are a unique happenstance anomaly as it seems to be a rare phenomenon. Obviously there are mathematical odds of our abiogenesis. So believing that we are the sole existance of intelligence in the universe is somewhat arrogant. Is God and alien? Think of what I said in the last sentance of the above paragraph. Aliens might have planted that notion into prehistoric man. Maybe just maybe were migrated here. Not the human race in entirety, but maybe aliens dropped micro organisms into the oceans like a germ culture. Thus being we are nothing more than an expiriment. That is just an off the wall thought. In fact the human mind is so creative to concoct such a theory. It only leads me to believe that religion was born of such. I imagine everyone here can come up with thousands of ways we came to existance.

I think I failed here in answering your question but probally only lead to more questions. We may never know they answer. We will find out on judgement day. If there is such a thing or when or creator/creators feel we are ready. I think the fathering generations of our ancestors slept better at night believing there was something constituting a fatherly figure looking over them. Something to identify with. Imagine putting an alien reptile head on it and I don't think they would have slept well at all. We all love to entertain ourselves with the notion of something greater than us all. I believe there is life other than our own out there. Whether it contributed to our existance I don't think so. Everything outside our comprehension is nothing more than speculation.

[edit on 27-7-2005 by Vonz]

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by CommonSense

Whether you call Him God or whatever, there must be something. If it's aliens, fine, where did they come from. If it's reptiles, welllllll oKay! where did they come from?

Look at the palm of your hand, flex your muscles, type on the keyboard. It's absolutely amazing! Two questions, why does that work in such a remarkable way? Even if you believe in Darwin, where did the universe come from in the first place?

I think part of the problem is they way people question their existence and the predetermined need for a specific type of answer.

Your comment on the hand, you say how could something so magnificent work in such a remarkable way. I would ask, is it truly remarkable or is it simply they way it is and is not remarkable for it's simple efficiency.

By studying Gas clouds in the universe we know that compressing masses of gas produce stars and as they cool and become more dense they spin and create elements that mass into rings and eventually form orbits combining into larger masses of satellites with combinations of elements who’s formation heat and cool themselves creating molecular chains yadda yadda yadda...

Life... however is that elusive piece of the puzzle that we simply do not understand. Since we are such an egotistical race of beings we feel that we are so incredibly advanced that if we cannot understand it then it must be divine.

But, just like plague, earthquakes, storms... at one time we knew. For a fact, irrefutable concrete fact that Plagues were sent by god, that lighting and thunder was the anger of the gods, that floods were punishment for wicked men.

In time, we discovered things. Like microscopic organisms that cause illness, Tectonic plates that cause Earthquakes and Tsunamis. I believe that in time we will understand the origin of life.

Yes, I do believe that there is other life in the universe. There are simply too many systems for it to have not happened again. Do they visit us? Honestly I don't know, never met one that I know of.

Does god exist? I do not believe in the Christian god anymore than I believe in Zeus.. But I do believe in something more than this life... I just don't know what it is. So until then I will seek knowledge, I will seek enlightenment as Buddha did.

MrBunny

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 01:16 AM
link   
heres my 2 cents.

Simply put: I think there one in the same.

meaning: That thousands of years ago they pretended to be gods, and after they got religion up and going...they left. I think they still drop (ufo's) by just to keep tabs on us...and they know were to advanced now for them to keep there "god status".

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 01:51 AM
link   

After having read many posts on religious conspiracies and aliens, I've noticed a number of things. First of all, we seem to have a large nummber of atheists on ATS. Second, there's a lot of speculation that God is really an alien. Third, many people, atheists included, find it easier to believe all sorts of bizarre stories about aliens yet can't seem to simply believe in God without putting some twist on it.

And that is my question. Why? If God is an alien, then who created him? If there is no God, why do some choose to beleive that the human race was placed on earth by a bunch of reptiles from another galaxy? Who created the reptiles and their galaxy? there is certainly less "evidence" to support that notion than simply believing in God. At least there's the Bible to support that traditional belief.

In any event, I'm looking forward to reading well thought out accounts of the reasons behind many of the beliefs that I question.

Thanks!

Personally I find the whole concept of God much harder to beleive than in Aliens. Having said that, I don't really beleive SO-MUCH in all of the 'reptilians' and all that kind of stuff, but I definately believe there are Aliens out there, possibly even here, and I definately think that a UFO crashed at Roswell.

Why did anyone have to have created us? If somebody did create us, then who created the person that created us? There are just too many flaws in the whole God thing for me to beleive in it personally.

Sometimes things just are, if the universe is infinate, then perhaps it has also been around for an infinate ammount of time, and will continue to be around for an infinate amount of time. Perhaps the universe started with the BIG BANG and that it is slowly contracting, and that life came from microbes on an Asteroid or Commet. Personally i find the commet theory much easier to beleive than 'god' creating us, because nobody asks, who created god? Was he just THERE? If thats the case, then why couldnt we just be THERE aswell?

How does the bible prove anything? There are countless books about the Reptilian hand, or all sorts of other things, just because there is a book about it, dosent make it FACT. The bible is written by man, infact it is also printed by man, and no doubt a great source of income for the chuch. That and the 'hat-of-shame' that is passed around so others can watch and whisper if you don't put enough (or any) money in.

Personally I think, beleiving that the whole universe is all just for us is the most selfish thing I have ever heared. The concept that we are at the 'top' of life on this planet is another thing that amazes me, if we are so much at the 'top' then how come we are the only ones that harm this planet to the point where it could very well cause most, if not all life on earth to die.

So in conclusion, there are other lifeforms out there, and personally I find it alot easier to beleive that the whole 'god' thing is just a manipulation from an unseen hand with technology that would have surpassed ours at the time, and still does.

The church had control for a long time, and today, still does have alot, though it is quickly fading away. I even find it easier to beleive that the bible was written by an alien than handed down from the heavens by god. And the whole catholic/christian thing seems to forget about all the other religions in the world that have just as many people if not more. We know christianity has not been around that long really, and that many many other religions go way further back than it. Yet it is the 'one, single vessel to god'. Dosen't make sense to me.

If there was a god that really was both omnipitent and benevelent, then there would not be so much suffering. Plain and simple.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I cant subscribe to the theory of a omnipotent being knowing all and seeing all, all at the sqame time. The current bible in use today isn't in it's original form not to mention that there are books that are being found to this day and some that have'nt even been translated yet. As for aliens, there is a high probability that at least one of the billions upon billions of planets in the universe is habitated. Being that our galaxy is not the oldest as far as I know, who can argue that a race from a planet far older and more advanced hasn't visited or perhaps started our miserable existences presenting themselves as our god?

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I believe in intelligent design, to me the universe seems hell bent on creating life
I believe every particle of matter, every quark no matter how charmed is a proof and a validation.
Only because I live and am miraculosly aware.
I actually love you guys...my fingers are tingling on the keyboard right now
I believe in a universal creator...God.
These are some of my most personally valuable oppinions.
I also believe humans are not alone in the universe.
I believe early man was genetically manipulated by aliens.
I believe the missing link will never be found, because it never existed.
These are my oppinions, but if god wanted us to post in forums,
she would have made us better spellers

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I think the universe runs in to perfect a symbiotic relationship for it not to be intelligently designed,I believe that God is a vast form of energy and he gave us all a little piece of it to nurture.He told us if we live in a certain way that it would grow and our spirits will be able to rise to higher levels.He also told us that if we love our planet and all its inhabitants it would flourish,but we didnt do that and have thrown off the balance of the symbiotic relationship and our planet will need to regenerate itself.

God also created aliens, they are higher energy than us but nowhere near God.Were gonna see alot more aliens in the coming years as they know time for us is short.The humans that can vibrate to higher energy will be saved.We have space probes measuring the heavens to prove if God exists and God is Pissed off because its not about PROOF its about FAITH.

[edit on 22-10-2005 by jimstradamus]

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   

After having read many posts on religious conspiracies and aliens, I've noticed a number of things. First of all, we seem to have a large nummber of atheists on ATS. Second, there's a lot of speculation that God is really an alien. Third, many people, atheists included, find it easier to believe all sorts of bizarre stories about aliens yet can't seem to simply believe in God without putting some twist on it.

And that is my question. Why? If God is an alien, then who created him? If there is no God, why do some choose to beleive that the human race was placed on earth by a bunch of reptiles from another galaxy? Who created the reptiles and their galaxy? there is certainly less "evidence" to support that notion than simply believing in God. At least there's the Bible to support that traditional belief.

In any event, I'm looking forward to reading well thought out accounts of the reasons behind many of the beliefs that I question.

Thanks!

To tell ya the truth Common,i find it hard 2 believe in God and Aliens as well.I was lookin' on this report and i've seen that both Draconians and Humanoids created us using thier own DNA.When i found this info, i was shocked to find out that there is aliens out and in this planet.Iwas even more shocked that we are acttually Geneticlly Altered Humans.But i don't know if i should believe it or not.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I think it is harder to believe in Aliens. God is a necessity but aliens are just the oposite to the human mind. God, Higher being, Divine Power, call it what you want but it is the basis by which we explain almost every action, reaction, being or non-being in the world. Where as aliens are just one and the same- you can live either with or without them. I think this is how our brain works. To me personally is not hard to believe in both of them. However, i pray to see God (his good part) in everything and everyone, whereas i really hope i don't get in the way of an ET.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
"God is an alien'
Mary was abducted and impregnated,
Jesus rose from the dead up to a space craft.
And that craft will be back to up us up someday.

I believe in a creator. And yes, I belive it is in alien nature. A powerful sourse of energy. So, in saying that, I do not call this person "God". I call him my "Creator".

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   
i would think that if aliens are really just fallen angels and demons that it would prove God must be real as well..

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   
The God-Astronaut Theory

Erich von Däniken popularized the idea that the appearances of God in the Bible were actually UFO encounters.[23] Primitive man, so the story goes, was not able to grapple with the great technology of extraterrestrial visitors, and therefore mistook these aliens for divine beings. Thus the miracles and wonders of the Bible quite likely took place, and needn't be denied. They must simply be reinterpreted in light of current knowledge and the presumed technology of our space brothers.

The God-astronaut theory has been promoted by others as well. More recently, Zecharia Sitchin has taken up a line of argument in which the God of Scripture is replaced by a god of immense technology.[24] This idea is also fostered by numerous television shows and movies. Those who approach the Bible with this presupposition find it quite easy to interpret a cloud as a spaceship, or a resurrection as a feat of medical genius. Proponents of this theory are committed to finding UFOs—convinced as they are that biblical religion is a record of extraterrestrial creatures, not an all-powerful deity.

That the God of the Bible might have actually been some sort of alien life form is an increasingly popular thought. Besides the numerous books on the subject, there have been of late a variety of science fiction programs making similar claims. One recent television show (presumably fictional) tells of an Episcopal pastor who is forced to face up to the reality that UFOs may invalidate all of his previously held religious beliefs. The underlying assumption is that traditional Christian interpretations will have to be abandoned because all of life's mysteries will be explainable in terms of advanced extraterrestrial visitors. This episode highlights what many people believe, that UFOs are the missing link in the quest to know more about man's origin and place in the universe. After all, if UFOs are capable of such amazing feats, traditional religion might be seen as meaningless. Many, many people are being exposed to this type of pseudo-scientific mentality. Discerning Christians know such influence affects the way people think about matters of ultimate importance. Therefore, believers must learn to counter the arguments for outer space religion.

Chapter 7

The Ingenious Substitute Religion

Throughout history there have been many attempts to deny or twist the Christian message. During the early years of the Church, various heterodox teachings arose concerning God, Christ, and the locus of divine revelation. Fortunately the Church (in God's grace and providence) responded by grounding its theological formulations in the apostolic testimony derived from Scripture.

In recent times, the attacks have been of a more skeptical nature. Surely, the biblical writings aren't to be accepted at face value. Modern man cannot be expected to believe the Scriptures record literal truth. Along these lines, many now-famous arguments have been devised by which we can "better understand" what the Bible records. Jesus' resurrection, for instance, has been interpreted in many ways. Some prefer to believe that the resurrection is nothing more than a fable added to the Christian tradition long after the fact. Others have conjured up elaborate explanations in order to deny the historical evidence. Of course, one major problem with these theories is that they tend to ignore all or part of the Bible's story line. As might be expected, then, many Christian apologists have displayed the inconsistencies and contradictions inherent in these liberal theologies.[25]

UFO religion, however, represents an entirely different brand of attack on historical Christianity. Proponents of the God-astronaut hypothesis don't necessarily reject the basic historicity of the Old and New Testaments. In that sense, they represent a less skeptical brand of interpretation. In fact, they often attempt to assimilate biblical events into their theories. Rather than attacking its contents and denying its basis in history, they accept much (if not all) of what the Bible records. At the same time, though, there is a strong denial that God is all the Scriptural writers claim He is. Proponents of the God-astronaut theory do this by plugging the UFO phenomenon/extraterrestrial hypothesis into the biblical text. There reasoning is something as follows: The people of Bible times were, for the most part, sincere and reliable individuals. Therefore what they record is probably, in the main, an accurate reflection of what they thought they had witnessed. Their limitation, though, was that they didn't have the technological know-how of modern man, and so they erred in their interpretations of what actually transpired. In other words, the biblical authors/characters had enough sense to know they had observed "something," but recorded their observations in light of their own antiquated presuppositions. They weren't able to identify a space ship, so they labeled it a cloud. Miracles were merely the misidentified medical practices of an advanced alien culture.

The God-Astronaut hypothesis (and the religion it spawns) represents a very clever attempt to deal with the biblical data, while simultaneously denying its very basis. On the surface such an argument looks plausible. But closer scrutiny reveals some glaring weakness in the theory of religion from the stars.

1. Those who want to find UFOs everywhere in the Bible are usually quite sloppy when it comes to interpreting the biblical texts.

Because their ultimate allegiance is elsewhere, UFO enthusiasts are not usually careful students of Scripture. For many, the alien agenda has so consumed them that they are unable to honestly interpret a passage. Thus they tend to construct flawed interpretations of historical events, and so misrepresent the original author's meaning.

The only sure way to accurately interpret the Bible (or any literature) is by letting it speak for itself. In other words, the only valid guide to interpretation is exegesis. This means interpreters must not force their assumptions into the text. The goal, rather, must be to determine what the biblical authors intended to convey by the words they penned. Fanciful interpretations may capture the imagination, but they misrepresent the Bible's message.

One common example where ufologists mishandle a biblical text is the now famous case of Ezekiel's encounter with God (Ezekiel 1:4ff). Those who wish to find flying saucers in the ancient writings look for support in such places as this. Ezekiel's "wheels," for instance, are thought to be UFOs. A closer look at the passage, however, shows how fallacious this interpretation is. The so-called UFOs are actually part of a vision which Ezekiel receives from God (v. 1). A vision, of course, is not an actual physical manifestation, as would be the case, presumably, in a UFO encounter. In fact, Ezekiel's companions apparently remained unaware of what had transpired. Therefore, what might sound like evidence to be marshaled in favor of the UFO phenomenon is actually nothing of the sort. "By picking some elements out of context, reading into the particular verses things you want to see, and by frankly manipulating the words of the text to suggest something that it is not, then it is possible to claim this was an alien spacecraft. . . . This all shows the danger of inaccurate research."[26]

2. If UFOs are responsible for the contents of the biblical record we are left with the same problem which C.S. Lewis defined years ago, the tri-lemma.

A number of years ago, C. S. Lewis spoke of what has often been referred to as the trilema of Christ. Many in his day (and in ours as well) tried to manufacture a Jesus devoid of the supernatural, a man with admirable qualities but only a man. Such has often been the case. Whatever the specifics, men seek to reconstruct Jesus in a manner which fits their preconceived notions. Not surprisingly, He is nearly always portrayed as something less than divine.

But Jesus hasn't left us with such an ambiguous portrait of Himself. No man could make the claims He made and still be considered a good and honest individual. This is where the trilema comes into play. Either Jesus was not telling the truth when He claimed to be the Son of God—in which case He was a colossal liar. Or He sincerely believed Himself to be that which He obviously was not—thus inviting the label of delusional. Or He was who He claimed to be—the eternal Word made flesh, the Lord from heaven (John 1:14). These are the only reasonable options: Lord, liar, or lunatic. Lewis's famous words are worth quoting:

I am trying here to prevent anyone saying the really foolish thing that people often say about Him: ‘I'm ready to accept Jesus as a great moral teacher; but I don't accept His claim to be God.' That is the one thing we must not say. A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things that Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher. He would either be a lunatic—on a level with the man who says he is a poached egg.—or else he would be the Devil of Hell. You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God: or else a madman or something worse. You can shut Him up for a fool, you can spit at Him and kill Him as a demon; or you can fall at His feet and call Him Lord and God. But let us not come up with any patronising nonsense about His being a great human teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to.[27]

Obviously, since Jesus is neither deceiver nor crazy man, He must be the divine Messiah.

This same truth applies when considering the claims that Jesus was actually an alien, and not the Son of God. Here is a theory which promotes the belief that Jesus was an honest individual, a teacher of righteousness. But what of his stupendous claims, claims of equality with God and the like (Mark 2:5; John 5:23; 8:58)? To deny He uttered such words contradicts the wealth of evidence to the contrary.[28] Acknowledging that Jesus made such claims but deceived his hearers in doing so, puts us back in "Lewis territory." How could a good man, a wonderful model of all that is right, be so outlandishly misguided or deceptive when it comes to his very identity? Good men tend not to promote their own worship. Descent people aren't apt to freely accept adoration. Men of marvelous character don't make claims of deity. The Jesus was an alien concept just doesn't make sense. If He was an alien (or was manipulated by them—the situation remains the same either way), Christendom must face up to what must be the most devastating act of deception in the history of mankind. And all fairminded individuals must ask why a supposedly advanced race, in its attempts to assist humanity, would so mislead us. Why would they build us up only to dash all of our hopes? Again, the theory is neither logically nor psychologically plausible.[29]

3. The people of Bible times are not to be classified as ignorant and uninformed. Had they truly encountered alien craft or some such thing, they would have been able to convey that fact adequately.

Many assume that the people of Bible times were backward and ill equipped to accurately describe their experiences. Therefore technological marvels would appear to them as miracles. But this goes against the available evidence. Though ancient peoples didn't posses advanced scientific knowledge, they did have enough common sense to know the difference between, say, a saucer-shaped object and a cloud. If the biblical writers had truly encountered the aliens described by many ufologists, they would have been able to give reasonably accurate, albeit pre-scientific, descriptions of their experiences.[30] Yet there is little that resembles a full-fledged, modern UFO sighting.

There will always be those who look for (and expect to find!) a demon (or UFO) around every corner. But an evenhanded approach looks for a more sure basis for belief than mere conjecture. Of course UFOs may not be extraterrestrial visitors. Instead, they may be better explained as part of a spiritual control system. If so, the mechanism which undergirds the UFO phenomenon may well have played a (sinister?) role in the unfolding of biblical events.

4. The Bible and the God of the Bible have changed far too many lives to be relegated to the category of alien history. Furthermore, the internal consistency and inherent authority of Scripture argue for a divine rather than an extraterrestrial or merely human explanation of its existence.

There is more to apologetics than defending the faith. Christians also have the responsibility of going on the offensive. That is, it is important to lay out the Bible's story line in such a way that its inherent beauty and consistencies are manifest to all who are willing to see. Biblical Christianity has a remarkable record in that it has been the impetus to positive change in the lives of countless millions throughout history. Individuals, families, even nations, have been forever transformed by the truths of Scripture. The Bible makes claims and promises which have been validated in the lives of different people from many backgrounds in every age. Surely this argues for a divine rather than a high-tech explanation of its origin. Only God can change a human heart; the Bible has been the divine instrument to that end (e.g., Psalm 19:7-11; 119:1, 9, 89, 97, 114).

The Bible's contents are also a marvelous thing to behold. While we shouldn't minimize the doctrinal disputes which have arisen throughout Church history, it is none-the-less true that the Bible displays an inner coherence. Its teachings make sense; they fit together. The countless volumes on theology are evidence that the Bible is no ordinary book. This, in turn, supports a divine rather than an extraterrestrial explanation for its existence.

The idea of life from outer space has not gone unchallenged. Before closing this section, therefore, it might be helpful to list some of the authors who debunk the God-Astronaut thesis. These include the following:

Alnor, William. UFOs & The New Age: Extraterrestrial Messages and the Truth of Scripture. Grand Rapids: Baker Book House, 1992.

Boa, Ken and William Proctor. The Return of the Star of Bethlehem. Grand Rapids: Zondervan Publishing House, 1980.

Lewis, James R., ed. The God's Have Landed: New Religions from Outer Space. New York: State University of the New York Press, 1995.

Rose, Fr. Seraphim. Orthodoxy and the Religion of the Future. Platina, CA: St. Herman of Alaska Brotherhood, 1975.

Story, Ronald. The Space-Gods Revealed. New York: Barnes & Noble Books, 1977.

Wilkinson, David. Alone in the Universe? Crowborough: Monarch Publications, 1997.

Wilson, Clifford. Crash Go the Chariots. New York: Lancer Books, 1972.

________. The Alien Agenda. 1974; New York: Penguin Books, 1988.

________. The Chariots Still Crash. Old Tappan, NJ: Spire Books, 1975.

Wimbish, David. Something's Going On Out There. Old Tappan, NJ: Fleming H. Revell Company Publishers, 1990.

As many of these authors argue, the substitute religion proposed by certain ufologists is an inaccurate reflection of the biblical record. Though there are some similarities between UFOs and ancient events, these are usually superficial and the result of an overly-active imagination. Furthermore, the fact that the phenomenon approximates but does not duplicate historical realities may indicate something quite sinister. Whatever UFOs are, the ideas which are sometimes associated with them look like forgeries. This means that far from being the key to unlocking Scripture, the UFO phenomenon looks more like a clever counterfeit of true religion. This doesn't furnish us with complete answers as to the identity and nature of these alien forces. It does, however, show us something of the deceptive nature of the "gods" from outer space. .... www.injm.org... The God-Astronaut Theory --"Manipulating" Matter? — The Capabilities of Angels

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
The word "God" and the idea that surrounds it is man made. Aliens are also some thing that man created. Any visitor from outside this planet is calles and "alien". That means that, if God had created this Earth, he must not have been born on it, and is, in essence, an alien. I doubt that we just poofed onto this Earth after a couple days hard work to make it, but thats my look at it. I think that this planet was created like all of the others, that its just a big hunk of molten rock surrounded by a cooler crust. But was one of the few that was far enough from the star in its solar system to be at the ideal living temperature for us, and was lucky enough to have planets like Jupiter to intercept meteors and pick up space debris so Earth doesn't have to.

I'm willing to bet that the chances of this happening are slim to none, but it happened, and we should appreciate it. If it didn't happen here, we would be on another of the lucky few planets with nice, hospitable conditions, wondering like fools whether or not we were placed here or whether we evolved.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Personally, I view this subject in the same way I view creationism vs. evolution. They can both be explained with god as a pivotal figure. The existence of alien beings does not mean there is no god. In fact, it confirms the fact that there is a force of creation in the universe so great, that life was not only created on our little Garden of Eden we call Earth - but also in many other places throughout the universe.

"But we were created in god's image." some would argue. I say - what's your definition of image? If you take this literally, it would mean that we "look" like god. However, I believe the most common mistake we make is to take the bible, as well as all prophecies, much too literally. The word image, used in this context, means we were created in the spiritual nature of god - to naturally be good, kind, and to want to love and to be loved in return. It is an innate need of all humans to feel needed and loved by others - whether or not it is admitted. This is the image of god - and other alien beings are just as likely to be created in the same image.

In my "cosmic" view of our universe - confirmation of alien life is also a confirmation of God. Therefore, it also follows that since I already believe in God, then I also already believe that other life in the universe exists. It is just as egocentric to believe we are the only life in the universe, as it is to believe that the entire universe revolves around the Earth.

-rdube02

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   

At least there's the Bible to support that traditional belief.

The Bible is a work of fiction and no other.

It makes more sense that aliens do exist and God does not...but thats my view.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
What is your basis for saying the Bible is a work of fiction? Can you support this position in light of the secular history which corroborates much of what is in the Bible.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
The reason I do not believe in God is because it doesn't seem like a realistic conclusion to the creation of the universe. Just the very idea of an "almighty being" designing the structure and the creation of the universe seems....well..a bit ridiculous.

3 possibilities I am aware of,
- You believe God designed and created the universe.
- You believe that something came out of nothing. (Big Bang Theory)
- You believe that their was no beginning of the universe and that their will be no end either.

I agree with the third part.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   

What is your basis for saying the Bible is a work of fiction? Can you support this position in light of the secular history which corroborates much of what is in the Bible.

Well for one to understand why the bible is fiction you need to go wayyyy back wayyy before 'Jesus' 'Mary' and all that shibang. The Egyptians believed in the Nile River as when it overflowed it provided them with rich soil and garunteed a succesfull harvest, trees, stars, and leaders were also 'gods'. Why do people no longer believe in the Nile river? in trees? or in our Leaders? because we found a more 'logical'object to believe in. Lets not even get into the numerous civilizations that believed in numerous 'gods'. Furthermore, the bible is written by man and re-written, and re-written, and re-written, now have you ever told your friend a secret and it went around say 20 people and came back to you? Totally different secret now isin't it? From my understanding 'god' wanted people to talk(pray) with him on there own terms, just a tree stump or a house, but, I specifically remmember it saying that he did not want anything 'special', which leads me into my next point, have you ever seen a church inside? Some of them are gold plated, and absolutly gorgeous, wouldn't 'god' be pissed?. Now, do you know who the most powerfull man in the world is? The wealthiest? Who owns the most land? Most buildings? Has the most assests? No, it is not Bill Gates
it is the POPE. And from my understanding in the bible it says that 'god' created humans and nothing else, we are the only living beings in the universe, isin't that true? Now how can anyone tell me now that 'god' also created aliens? Your contradicting yourselves, how can you 'add' pieces into the bible to make it something your comfortable believing in? Just face the facts, there have been documented reports, sightings etc.. of intelligent life out there, we can't argue with that, but, we can argue about 'god', wasn't he supposed to come to Earth 3 or 4 times now? And never made it? I do not know if you guys are farmiliar with the most ancient documents in the world(The Tora) being Jewish and having the pleasure of viewing the Tora and having the pleasure of a Rabbi explain it to me, I have intresting information, in the Tora(cabbala) it specifically says that a 'being' came from the heavens and provided the Jews with knowledge of ONE 'being', this they interperted as 'god' it also states that this 'being' or 'god' stayed with them in what is now called Israel and helped them establish themselves as Israel at that time was all desert and in modern day one of the most fertile and vibrante places on Earth. The Rabbi's theory was that in fact these were 'beings' from outer space that helped the Jews, providing them with knowledge and so forth. Remmember, Jews were the first people to believe in just ONE 'god' and 'Jesus' was a Jew.
Now even if you want to discredit my whole posts just think of this. If anyone of us was alive back than, and had the will to become a 'god' we could. Back than people needed someone or something to believe in, so any great speaker of the modern age could quite possibly become a god back than. If enough people buy into your views, opinions and beliefs what's stopping you from becoming a 'god'?

new topics

top topics

<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join