It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death gets second chance after lethal injection botched

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
How about we just send him and all his ilk over to your country since you've got it worked out so well.

The world already tried that, remember how Australia started?

I don't think there is an argument in the world that will convince me that taking someones life for a crime is ANY BETTER than the crime the person themselves committed. If were to go any further I would even say that those responsible for the death penalty should be brought up on charges of murder themselves.

And for those of you who didn't bother to read all my posts and instead jumped to conclusions, I NEVER said to free the man, I simply said they've already botched his execution once why cant they reprieve him OF THE DEATH SENTENCE. Got it now? Because I am a little sick of people not reading my posts then bagging me into a basket by saying I am advocating this mans release. I AM NOT. PLEASE LEARN TO READ THE ENTIRE THREAD.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
For those of you who keep asking me what would I do if it were my kid, Australia does not have the death penalty so therefore I would not be faced with the issue of putting a man to death for doing something to my kids. I would be quite happy with that man receiving life without parole in prison.

Awaiting the illogical presumptive responses of "no you wouldn't, I guarantee you would call for the death penalty"..........

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
At what point do you just say screw it and pull out your gun and blow his brains out? To die anyway is to die, and to do it instantly no matter how is the most human.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
Awaiting the illogical presumptive responses of "no you wouldn't, I guarantee you would call for the death penalty"..........

We are a little different...

If the man rape and killed my child I would hope he would not get life and at some point they would released him back in the general public.

His freedom would not be very long though….

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

I would assume that any repeal of the death sentence laws would also bring into effect new laws allowing for the permanent incarceration of a criminal without the possibility of parole. THIS I would advocate - hell stick him alone in a room with no human contact being fed 3 times a day through a slot in the door, JUST DON'T GO EXECUTING PEOPLE. You become no better than them.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
I would assume that any repeal of the death sentence laws would also bring into effect new laws allowing for the permanent incarceration of a criminal without the possibility of parole. THIS I would advocate - hell stick him alone in a room with no human contact being fed 3 times a day through a slot in the door, JUST DON'T GO EXECUTING PEOPLE. You become no better than them.

Maybe we are not...we are all human....

I have told friends that if someone did something so wrong to one of my children my life goals would change. Right now they are to have a great life and provide the best I can for my children.

In the case of this guy with a life sentence and it was my child, I would become a prison guard and make sure he experienced daily what he would have done to my child. This could be as simple as talking to other prisoners and saying I will pay your family XXXX money monthly if he is raped daily the rest of his life. Death isn’t always the worst situation by far.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
In this thread alone I have seen more desire for knee-jerk bloodlust than I would have ever thought possible, particularly on ATS.

Let me see, so far we have:
- people volunteering to help put in the lethal drip,
- to help bury him,
- to help torture him,
- to help shove the needle up his @ss,
- to have him sit in the middle of a desert and starve to death,
- to rip the veins out of his arm with forceps and ram the needle in,
- to tie him to a stake and burn him alive then revive him and repeat it,
- inject him with rat poison,
- catapult him out to sea if he manages to swim back to shore then jail him,
- deliberately and repeatedly botch the lethal injection to provoke more stress,
- get in a room alone with him for 5 minutes to meter out a death sentence,
- personally put a bullet through his head
- use the guillotine on him
- ram the lethal needle into his neck
- put his genitals through a meat grinder

.....and that is just the first 5 pages of this thread. You dare to call ME inhuman? Oh my god. Many of these above threats were to be perpetrated by the poster themselves!! How are you ANY different to those whom you would kill in these barbaric ways? You people make me absolutely sick to my stomach. You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Hypocrites.

[edit on 20/9/2009 by Kryties]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Ive got a great solution for the problem.

Inter Osseous Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! en.wikipedia.org...

We use a drill on transport. No worry about scarred veins etc and its 99.999% fool proof

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Excellent! Good to see human-kind has invented another painless way of slaughtering people. If we keep this up the entire race will be extinct in a hundred years! Great plan!!

Hey, at least you aren't offering to do it yourself, or are you?

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
You people are sick savages, "burn him alive"???!?!!?. This guy needs psychological help, not to be killed. People are not born like this, so it can be corrected. Don't kill someone just because they have had bad influences when they were a kid, find out their life story, then decide. Everyone is a kid at some point in their lives, remember that.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Let me see, so far we have:
- people volunteering to help put in the lethal drip,
- to help bury him,
- to help torture him,
- to help shove the needle up his *bleep*
- to have him sit in the middle of a desert and starve to death,
- to rip the veins out of his arm with forceps and ram the needle in,
- to tie him to a stake and burn him alive then revive him and repeat it,
- inject him with rat poison,
- catapult him out to sea if he manages to swim back to shore then jail him,
- deliberately and repeatedly botch the lethal injection to provoke more stress,
- get in a room alone with him for 5 minutes to meter out a death sentence,
- personally put a bullet through his head
- use the guillotine on him
- ram the lethal needle into his neck
- put his genitals through a meat grinder

That's a good start! Only far too tame in my opinion.

Oh well, we humans with morality do our best and will get it right some day.

I didn't see acid used. Hmmmm, I'll have to think on that one, but alas it might act too quickly.

But wait!

Napalm! Now that's a GOOD ONE.

Governments use NAPALM on CIVILIANS and WOMEN AND CHILDREN - INNOCENTS in the GAME of WAR.

And you're squeamish about using a bullet to take out a baby rapist, a baby killer?

lol

When governments STOP killing in the name of war only then might they have something to talk about when it comes to life imprisonment vs. the death penalty for baby rapists/killers.

Until then it's just a bunch of blow it out their behind bs politically correct idiocy.

I repeat - THERE IS NO EXCUSE for a CONVICTED CHILD RAPIST to take one more breath past his first appeal!

NONE

[edit on 20-9-2009 by silo13]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
What has this got to do with war and people dying in war? Albeit I feel the same way about war and death but this topic has nothing to do with that. Please remain on topic.

The very fact that you have gone and quoted my list and then added to it makes you just as bad as the man you wish this upon. You are all hypocrites (the ones that endorse this inhumanity), you are all sadistic neanderthals with no respect for any human life but your own - which also makes you selfish.

I can't believe the bloodlust and sheer darkness that has appeared in this thread. I can't believe that the people endorsing this type of disgusting inhumanity then turn around and expect to be treated with respect and dignity. I can't believe that those who would endorse this type of pure torture then turn around and claim to be good, honest people. Yeah, good honest people with black-hearts.

You make me sick.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

What has this got to do with war and people dying in war? Albeit I feel the same way about war and death but this topic has nothing to do with that. Please remain on topic.

You can't see the correlation between government sanctioned killing in the name of war and government withholding or sanctioning killing in the name of taking out child molesters?

That might be one of your problems then.

Governments have NO problem killing women, children, civilians, innocents in the name of war - but - they get all fruity over killing a CONVICTED child molester.

Not that hard to figure out not only the correlation but the absurdity in that.

As for me being a barbarian?

MORE POWER TO ME!

If that means I'd put a bullet through the brain of anyone - I mean ANYONE who raped and killed a kid?

Then more power to me.

Added note: I could care less of the public's opinion of my stand, especially when the person with the opinion is someone who votes to keep a baby rapist/killer alive.

My opinion of anyone who’d vote to keep a baby killer alive?

Uninformed, ignorant, morally reprehensible and deserving of what they get.

End of discussion, I’ll not waste any more time on the ignorant(s).

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
they f'd up execution and wound up torturing him psychologically. Nice.
Seriously though, IMO this man's life should not be put in the hands of a third party but rather in the hands of those he truly victimized- the family. Give the parents a gun and let them be the instruments of justice. One would think this to be their moral right.
revenge is not the responsibility of big brother- correction and confinement is their responsibility. In the case of a murdered child the parents should have the right to make the decision whether he lives or dies.
And as for those poor souls who had nobody then life in solitary confinement with no medical attention and only bread and water to subsist off of once a day and a photo of his victim projected for him to see the rest of his life sounds like a sound form of justice.
In the end there is no right or wrong judgement that can be made in regards to capital punishment. We are simply too flawed to make that judgement.
we are all rats in a cage nipping at each others' tails
what a f$#@ng wonderful world we live in.

[edit on 20-9-2009 by R0BCROW75]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Still doesn't make you any less of a hypocrite.

Advocating the torturous slaughter of a criminal in a worse way than he performed his crime. Absolutely disgusting.

I am ashamed to be human sometimes.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by R0BCROW75
IMO this man's life should not be put in the hands of a third party but
rather in the hands of those he truly victimized- the family.

The Cave Man days....

It is amazing how far back some are willing to take society so as to satiate their blood lust.

We all lust for the blood of evil people, but we are good and civilized so we restrain ourselves. We have systems in place for this sort of thing.

[edit on 20-9-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

What I'm saying is that the door is open for a man to choose mercy over vengeance. No government has the right to take any man's life no matter what.
So no, I personally am opposed to govnmnt sanctioned murder butI have 4 kids and if one was hurt or murdered I would feel that it would be MY right to determine the rest of his life and if I chose to take it then it's on my head.

[edit on 20-9-2009 by R0BCROW75]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by Kryties

My opinion of anyone who’d vote to keep a baby killer alive?

Uninformed, ignorant, morally reprehensible and deserving of what they get.

End of discussion, I’ll not waste any more time on the ignorant(s).

Or is it more that you realise that I am correct in calling out your hypocrisy and now you are attempting to backpedal and remove yourself from the line of fire?

How anyone that advocates torturing and slaughtering a criminal far beyond that of the crime which he perpetrated can call ME ignorant and "morally reprehensible" is beyond me - to the point where it is almost comical. Morally reprehensible? HA! Don't make me laugh. I am not the one wanting to stick the mans genitals in a meat grinder, I am not the one advocating extreme torture. I am not the one displaying a black hearted hypocrisy. YOU ARE.

You are no better than the man who killed the 14 year old.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Not everybody on this thread has such barbaric notions . Aside from reasons that have already mentioned another reason to commute he death sentence in this case is to ensure that sick monsters don't conduct mock executions under the guise of failing to find a vain .

I wonder where the American Civil Liberty's Union is ?
This would be a perfect case for them .

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by xpert11

Yes, I should point out that any comments I have made regarding the hypocrisy and double-standards of some members here DO NOT APPLY to those who are not advocating for this mans senseless torture and re-slaughter. I apologise for any confusion.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join