It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death gets second chance after lethal injection botched

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Not too sure what you mean, but it was well-thought! Maybe you should make yourself a cup of coffee and wrap up in a blanket. Thinking can be an intense task. Just don't lose yourself, friend!

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by kommunist
reply to post by StevenDye

And if you wish to kill for bloodlust, then why shouldn't you fall into your own system and be executed too?

I did not rape and murder a 14 year old girl.

But you did condone a murder which served no purpose other than blood lust...and thats my point.

What about the 12 year old boy in my country who sexually abused a young girl, does he deserve the death penalty....will you let your bloodlust see children executed like insignificent insects so that you can feel all mighty and powerful; as if your making a difference?

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by xpert11

Death Penalty advocates have never been able to name or show any real proof of any crimes being prevented by the supposed deterrent. Moving on IMO the issue at hand is more about the legal/Constitutional issues surrounding passing or conducting the sentence twice.

Right, Mr X11. The DP does not deter crimes. If it did, Texas would be a CRIME-FREE ZONE. George Bush ordered the execution of 154 men in just 6 years as governor. Death was no stranger to Bush43. That is probably why the 4,300 men and women who went KIA in Iraq hunting for the non-existent WMDs he and Cheney invented made no visible sign or impact on him. One dead man every 2 weeks in Texas, on average. And the Illinois fiasco “proved” 7% of men on Dearth Row were innocent. TS says Dumbya.

You’re thinking of Amendment 8, “Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.” Red state types, the Palin/Limbaugh/Cheney Axis of Ignorance care not a whit for the law or the Constitution. They want blood and enjoy inflicting pain. Nor are they the least bit impressed by the Holy Writ. “Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath for it is written, Vengeance is mine, I will repay, saith the Lord . . “ Romans 12, v. 19. Which Holy Writ they only invoke when it suits their own mean purposes.

1885. He became a celebrity when three attempts to hang him at Exeter Prison failed because the trap door of the scaffold jammed shut. After an appeal, the Home Secretary agreed it would be unfair to expect a man to “twice suffer the pangs of imminent death” and commuted his sentence to life imprisonment. He was eventually freed in 1907 after serving nearly 23 years in prison

1885 is just about more civilized then the people on this thread who without thinking and solely relying on emotions would have the inmate in question executed maybe next time around. Providing the State governor has the power to do so he should commute Romell to a life sentence.

Most governors have that power although I do not specifically know that is true for Ohio. Speaking of civilized, up here in the Good Ole US of A, Land of the Free and Home of the Brave, we execute children. (Legally a person is a child until age 18). God Bless America! The Serbian radical who assassinated Archduke Ferdinand of Austria while he toured Sarajevo in Bosnia, which was the trigger for World War One, was captured and convicted of murder. However, he was not executed - the punishment for murder - because he was under age 21 when he committed the crime and Bosnia in 1914 did not execute minors. America ought to be ashamed of itself. I’d make a bet: the pro DP people here also OPPOSE closing the Guantanamo Bay prison.

[edit on 9/19/2009 by donwhite]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
reply to post by RenDMC

The reason they are allowed to live is simple.

We have people like the OP shedding tears for them.

It's funny how the Topic has now gone from the Botched effort to end a mans life, to hating Kryties because he has a different opinion on the death penalty, and a general "LETS KILL ALL THEM SICK BASTERDS!!!!11" which has little to do with the actual OP.

Nice work guys, Kryties had it pegged from the get go.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Yeah we all know they can be cured. Let him go, he can live with the OP. Heck the guy that kidnapped the girl 18 years ago let his last victim live, he was even kind enough to get her pregnant twice.

Let’s forget that he was let out of prison because he had “served his time” let’s all admit he is a changed man. It’s not like after he got out he took the innocence of a child or anything.

Yes these gentle men can change they should be honored in fact.

I sure am glad we have all these criminal loving people to help me understand people like this guy are human. If not for them I might think they were evil people for committing such crimes against children. What’s a little rape and murder as long as the criminal is comfortable?

What was I thinking before when I said they should face a life (hopefully long) of torture. Poor guy I hope he gets through this okay.

Raist

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

How ironic....someone on a conspiracy board categorising people with opposing views.

Of course he is evil, of course he should suffer in some way (life sentence), of course he shouldn't simply or indeed ever walk the streets again. But he should not be killed.

[edit on 19-9-2009 by StevenDye]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
Death Penalty advocates have never been able to name or show any real proof of any crimes being prevented by the supposed deterrent

As evident in this thread, it is not about deterrence; it is about revenge and inflicting pain and suffering in a way that they can feel justified in themselves.

It is also apparent that unless you wish to inflict pain and suffering to a convict, then you must agree with their crimes.

Silliness.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   

I never said to kill him go read my original post on the top of page four. Also reread what I said in that post. Nowhere did I call for his death not once.

I am actually against the death penalty. But people who harm children should be punished in the harshest of ways.

That is okay though I understand that reading is difficult for many. With practice you too can understand what I wrote.

Raist

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
KILL KILL KILL

That's all we know here. We are a civilized nation with the death penalty.
We are barbarians.

The part I find most ironic is that Christians are the first ones to support the death penalty in the US.

You have someone institutionally murdered, and then you go to Church and act like you believe in something. Hypocrites.

Sick twisted thinking.

The only reason to execute someone is revenge, not punishment.
If a person kills, they should be excluded from society for life. When you kill them for it, it just perpetuates our ignorant culture of Cowboy, ass kicking delusion.

No I'm not a namby, pamby ultra liberal, I just have a brain. No I'm not scared, try to kill me and I'll kill you in a second if I have to. But I'll do my best to not kill you unless I have to. I'm also not a pretend Christian. I was a Catholic but like I said, I have a brain. As soon as I realized it was BS, I walked away.

Institutional killing is premeditated murder plain and simple.

Ziggy

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

My apologies, I did read right through, but by the time you get to page 7, it's easy to forget who said what.

Your view of torture for the rest of their lives is frankly frightening though... it is still blood lust, and, in some ways it is worse than the death penalty.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Here's me being a super hypocrite...if you caught this man raping your daughter and strangling her, and he was aquitted on a technicality and you shot and killed him, i would be like good for you....maybe I shouldn't have joined the discussion then eh.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by VintageEnvy
Here's me being a super hypocrite...if you caught this man raping your daughter and strangling her, and he was aquitted on a technicality and you shot and killed him, i would be like good for you....maybe I shouldn't have joined the discussion then eh.

If that was the case, the parent should not be put to execution. (Forgetting that I am against excecution anyway.)

1. The man should never have been aquitted.

2. The parent is emotionally involved and so reason and logic will not function properlly.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   

No problem this seems to be an emotionally charged thread, it happens.

Maybe people should understand that if you hurt a child you will pay a hefty price.

I am not bothered by murders spending life in jail I am fine with that.

I don’t think they should get better medical treatment than most Americans though and I certainly don’t think that anyone who harms a child should be allowed a life without pain.

Again I am against the death penalty it does little as a deterrent though it does keep the original offender from offending once again. I never said my ideas were pleasant either, nor did I say they were anywhere near being moral. I will deal with my own moral dilemmas though when I meet my maker. I do hope he understand that I am human and I do have emotions that tell me harming a child is wrong. He even mentions that we should not keep the children from Him, but that is another story and thread.

I just believe that those who harm children are the worst possible form of life there is. I can think of no other crime that is worse than harming a child. My opinion stays regardless of the outcome I will stick with it. Maybe someday my heart will change and I might feel some form of compassion for those who harm children, until then I still hope for the day they do as I recommend and give them a life of pain. Death is too easy and simple for those who harm children.

Raist

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

Oh aye, I feel not a drop of compassion for this man. Nor any man or woman who commits an act like this.

The way I see it, regardless of their crime they are still a human, whether I agree with their views or not. And I don't believe that I have any right to take another life (other than self defense), no matter how I do it or why.

I also believe, that if you try and exact revenge through torture, you have simply dropped to their level and deserve no better yourself.

Therefore life inprisonment is the option I would choose, there should be no fancying it up, no television or any such thing. Just locked away with similar offenders on a basic diet.

Each to their own I guess...

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
To be fair, I think I would rather be dead than to spend life in prison. Apparently life imprisonment is the more humane choice. It definitely isn't.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
An execution normally runs $2 million to $3.2 million dollars.

While I don't necessarily agree whole-heartedly with the death penalty (though I DO believe deep, severe punishment of some kind is mandatory).. I have to wonder HOW killing someone costs so much!!

Honestly.. it should not cost this much to execute someone. No matter the legalities and 'humane' aspects involved. How humane is killing another person?

A little mercury in a needle would do the job quick -- and you could buy enough of that for under $20 to get the job done properly..

This is absolutely ridiculous!!

- Mea

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whine Flu
To be fair, I think I would rather be dead than to spend life in prison. Apparently life imprisonment is the more humane choice. It definitely isn't.

I agree. If I get sent to life inprisonment someday, I'd definately be thinking of a way to kill myself, anything would be more merciful than constant beatings, starvation, rape, stabbings, and other such delights. Probably find something sharp and some big veins and arteries and see how many I could slice before anyone noticed or cared. I bet I could succeed eventually. Sad but true. Worthless god forsaken rock.

Originally posted by Veritas Lux Mea

Originally posted by Kryties
An execution normally runs $2 million to $3.2 million dollars.

While I don't necessarily agree whole-heartedly with the death penalty (though I DO believe deep, severe punishment of some kind is mandatory).. I have to wonder HOW killing someone costs so much!!

Honestly.. it should not cost this much to execute someone. No matter the legalities and 'humane' aspects involved. How humane is killing another person?

A little mercury in a needle would do the job quick -- and you could buy enough of that for under $20 to get the job done properly..

This is absolutely ridiculous!!

- Mea

It's a racket, my dear.

people get contracts for building and staffing prisons for big money.

I imagine the same is eqqually true for executions. So, someone gets what is known as a "sweetheart deal," meaning that, basically, they get a really great deal that works out in their favor.

They charge whatever outrageous sum they can, and make alot of money off of it. Why do you think it's illegal to do everything and the prisons are all overflowing with "criminals?"

[edit on 19-9-2009 by BaronVonGodzilla]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggystrange
KILL KILL KILL

That's all we know here. We are a civilized nation with the death penalty.
We are barbarians.

The part I find most ironic is that Christians are the first ones to support the death penalty in the US.

You have someone institutionally murdered, and then you go to Church and act like you believe in something. Hypocrites.

Sick twisted thinking.

Having no justice is sick and twisted. The Bible calls for death in certain crimes and the rape and murder of a child certainly qualifies.
They ought to strap him to the gurney again every day until they find a vein.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I think an excellent idea for 'bleeding hearts' to bring up before state legislatures would be to volunteer to pay for the care, feeding and housing of death row inmates for the rest of their natural lives, and if enough funds cannot be raised, then the inmate is executed. That way the 'bleeding hearts' get the satisfaction of saving inmates lives on death row, and the state doesn't have to spend taxpayer money to care for them. Both sides get what they want.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Fact is, a great lot of you don't want the death penalty so you can sleep better at night. Has nothing to do with the victim, or the punishment, or the morality of it. You don't want the responsibility of wrongfully executing somebody. It's mostly about you, and how YOU feel about being wrong. What if we are wrong? I'll feel bad.

We'll I'll leave you with this. Every time one of these rapist/murderers goes free and goes right back to there own ways, the crime done to the victim is on YOUR heads. The crime happened on YOUR watch because you didn't do what was necessary for the good of our society. Sleep easy. And may the victims have mercy on your souls for not having the spine to do what was needed.

I can understand in cases where it is questionable if such an act really occurred that we keep them in jail till undeniable proof is found. But when you are fighting against the death penalty for somebody who admits raping and murdering somebody to cover the rape? Well, the whole "maybe he didn't do it!" argument goes right out the window.

If you find 14 bodies in the guys basement and video tapes of the act in process, its not like we need to give the guy an appeal to the death sentence (though he gets auto-appeals I believe anyway).

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join