It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death gets second chance after lethal injection botched

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
So this man was to be executed and it failed…………no problem turn him over to the family of the child or even to the general population.

Don’t give me any of your emotional blackmail stuff (did you learn a new term?) I could care less and you have said it far too many times in the thread already, so it is getting sort of old. I do though have an alternative to the death penalty (which I am actually against). Most murderers would do better suffering behind bars 24/7 never to see the light of day at all.

Now as for the special people such as this who do children the way they do I have my own special treatment for them. It is called a life (yep the rest of their hopefully long life) of pain and daily torture. I am sure there are plenty of people who would be more than happy to step up for such a job. We can start by running his genital through a meat grinder. I could go on but it would most likely be edited out by a moderator. But in these cases those special doctors in past wars had some great ideas that can be used on child rapists.

The only reason that the death penalty costs more than life in prison is all the legality involved. They get untold number of trials asking for reprieve and they are housed in separate cells away from general population and alone. They are housed for 23 hours a day where most are allowed to roam more often and are housed more than one inmate per cell. The death penalty only costs as much as it does because our government sucks at knowing how to spend cash. The day you trust a politician to spend your cash is the day you go broke (look at our fine economy now).

People like this should not get the death penalty you are right there. They should suffer for life. If they have changed or do change great for them, hopefully God will have more compassion for them than us fallible humans. We are human and we have emotion that leads us through the day and directs many of our choices. Surely you know of the fight or flight if not for emotions you would be dead already.

Raist

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
All the more reason to start using precision firing squads again. Idaho and Oklahoma still offer them as an alternative to lethal injection at the inmates choosing.

5 .30 rifle shots to the heart. You will die.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
He raped and murdered a 14 year old girl! I am not too worried about how comfortable his execution is. Do you think his victim was comfortable or given a choice? No she wasnt, he deserves what he gets. I dont get why people always have sympathy for the person committing the crime...Do people forget the victim?!

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
It is my opinion that jails and prisons are not working right at all. We pay for the inmates to eat and be healthy. I believe we should send all the inmates (really bad, kill/rape inmates) to some island, far away in the middle of the ocean, and build a 50 foot high electric fence all around it. (Like the fence in Jurassic Park). And then leave them. Problem solved. If they want to eat, they will hunt or eat other people. Even if they could get off, they'd die of thirst during the swim. You never know, maybe a sentence to 'The Island' will be an immediate death sentence, with the new inmate being eaten at the gate, or maybe somebody came up with a way to build a radio out of coconuts and they're living a good life. The point is, they must provide for themselves, create a society, not overhunt, build shelters, etc...

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Excessive Bail shall not be required,nor excessive fines imposed nor cruel and UNUSUAL punishments inflicted.This is bolded by me,the 8th ammendment to our Bill of Rights,even that DASTARD(not bastard,we are the ones born without parents who raise us by no fault of our own but who must suffer the CONSTANT stigma of being compared with these miscreants.Get it?DASTARDS offends no one,bastard is fighting language to me.Stop it,eh?PLEASE?) is covered by it.We are proving that this document means something to us by abiding,even in cases such as this,even moreso.That all said,how much do those guys make to miss a vein?Seriously.And who said a femoral artery would not work as it must be in the arm!?!I know an inter muscular shot of an OD of heroin would not hurt so much.I had a friend who went out that way on some China White,he had a smile on his face.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
50ml of methadone, within an hour your asleep and your not coming back.
Tottally painless.
In england there was a law when we still had the death penalty on the statutes,
we used to hang people and if you managed to slip the hands of death three times you were freed.
It actually happened to some guy they tried to hang him three times once the rope broke two others the trap door failed to open, bet he was shaking like a leaf the third time they led him up.

[edit on 19-9-2009 by The X]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Look at it this way: do you really want to honor this beautiful girl by putting yet another family into grief? Even murderers have families, or at least mothers, that love them.

As a child, the idea of the death penalty existing to "keep me safe" disgusted me (I'm 19 now).

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
My solution.

For rapists and paedophiles and murderers.

Catapult them out to sea. If they manage to swim back to shore then jail them.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Could you imagine what would happen if it became proven, that when we all die, we go to a higher plain of existence? an existence full of Love and light, where your soul can roam free, the most incredible wonderful magnificent experience the Human soul could ever imagine.

No hell just a perfect existence of energy and being aware, would that mean that every single person ever killed or executed in the History of Mankind was rewarded for their actions?

Having said that however, if someone ever hurt my Children, lethal injection would be what they would be praying for, what I would do to them would take up the rest of my life, an be the worst nightmare any living being could ever imagine, but that is me being a Father who's Children are my entire reason for being alive, and I guess that would go towards the protection of any Child, hurting Children is the most disgusting, diabolical, darkest single act I believe a human being can do with intent.

Allowing them a quick death would be the last thing I would consider for them, I think they should live out their lives with the constant reminder of what they have done, first remove their names and replace it, then without the chance of freedom ever being considered, it should be a life of hardship, Pain, misery, and even at the end of their natural lives, everything should be done to squeeze every living second out of them.

And at the end when it's all done and they die, every single reference to them ever existing should be purged from the History books, so not a single person could benefit from using their crimes in a book or Film to make a profit.

If what I said at the start of this post where proven to be right, would there be an alternative? would you grant them eternal freedom?

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
For the entire 21 years of my life I have looked around the world at people advocating death. People would mourn and fret over war but when something personal, something close at hand came to pass, death would always somehow being the best option.

The lackluster human thought that punishment through the same deeds is growing worn out. Anyone who thinks that death is justified in ANY form is abhorrently wrong. It wasn't justified that he killed the little girl, but it doesn't justify us to play God and kill him.

I'm sick of this tired game. When is the human species going to get over themselves and the ancient "kill or be killed", "eye for an eye" attitude?

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
From most of the post, I gathered, could be summed up as this... "Let's torture and kill people, to show people torturing and killing is bad, mkay."

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Apologies if you thought I was making assumptions. I do not agree that it is the closest thing to humane. If it causes involuntary physical pain then it is inhumane, doesn't matter which way you look at it.

Inhumane is causing someone to be put to death, imprisoning them for 25 years, botching it and then making that person have to go through it all again. I don't care WHAT he did wrong there is no need to sink to his level. RISE ABOVE IT.

Kryties, It's obvious that you feel this man has suffered enough, are you contending that imprisoning him further is "inhumane"?

Are there crimes that would justify life in prison or a death sentence to you?

Personally, he was tried in accordance with the laws of the State of Ohio, by a jury of his peers and found guilty. He deserves the punishment dictated by the jury.

That the attempt at killing him failed, oh well, try try again. I don't care how much pain, suffering he goes through. To me, his crime is not one where you are given a second chance, he needs to be eradicated, the sooner the better. I agree....twenty fives years was about 24 3/4 years too late.

He is getting a far more humane treatment then I would give him........

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
This guy raped and murdered a 14 yr old girl. He didn't accidentally rape and murder her. He deserves to be punished for what he did, but to me, they deserve more than just death. I might get flamed for saying this, but it is my opinion, as someone who has had a family member murdered. I think every murderer who is to be executed should have at least one botched execution attempt. Maybe THAT will give them something to think about. Then they will have an inkling of what their victim went through. Putting a needle in someone's arm and letting them go peacefully is too easy. Put a little terror in them like their victims went through. Give them a week or so to live that terror, and then do the job right.

[edit on 19-9-2009 by virraszto]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

reply to post by silo13

Deny Emotion, Apply Logic.

Emotional blackmail will not change my opinion of this.

No, but you're okay with using it on those who have a different opinion, right?

Let's use logic. No, it does not cost more to execute a person than to imprison them for life. It cost more to get them to the point of execution. Why? Because that's the check and balance on the system. They are afforded liberal appeal freedoms to ensure that a guilty party sentence to an execution has been afforded every opportunity to prove their innocence.

That's logical.

The person who made the statement didn't say anything about not wanting their dollars to go toward the penal system. They said they don't want their dollars going toward sustaining his life. That's their choice...it's their tax dollars and if the citizens of Ohio have voted that they don't want to sustain murdering rapists of children...then "what's going on in your country" doesn't really have any impact, does it?

How about we just send him and all his ilk over to your country since you've got it worked out so well.

That's logical.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I expected the "I don't care what he did, string him up anyway!" crowd to appear here, you certainly are quick off the mark today!!

That's a cop-out. I guarantee that at one point in your lives you have done something wrong and wished you had been given a second chance. Now before you go jumping down my throats saying "but I didn't kill a 14 year old", I don't care WHAT the hell ANYONE did. The beautiful thing about humans is their ability to change. It's not like the man isn't being punished - he would be locked up for the rest of his life.

Personally I think being locked in a cell 23 hours a day alone for the rest of my life is a FAR worse punishment than death.
"People can change"? That's your response? I'm sorry, but I find it hard to believe that any man who is capable of kidnapping, raping and murdering a 14-year-old girl is capable of changing. That kind of evil just doesn't leave a person no matter how much counseling or punishment they receive. And I think there is overwhelming evidence which supports my assertion in the high degree of re-offense among sex offenders and sexual predators.

I cannot believe that anyone would feel sorry for this guy. The suffering that he may have endured over the course of his botched lethal injection pale in comparison to the suffering that he inflicted on a CHILD. That poor girl didn't have a trial by a jury of her peers, a lengthy appeals process by liberal lawyers, and a clinical and relatively peaceful death administered by medical technicians. No, she wasn't so fortunate. Rather, she was sexually violated, physically assaulted and brutally murdered by an evil, sorry excuse for a man.

This scumbag does not deserve our sympathy. I would gladly carry out the state's order of execution myself. When you prey on the weakest among us (our children), you do not deserve leniency of any kind. You surrender any rights to be treated like a normal human being. This "man" knew what he was doing and chose to satisfy his sick sexual needs at the expense of the life of an innocent child and at the expense of her family's peace and happiness. In my mind, lethal injection is too good for this kind of scum. There is nothing he can contribute to society and he is not worth the money and effort it would take to keep him alive, well fed and imprisoned for the rest of his life. Just put me in a room alone with him for five minutes and I will carry out his death sentence with my bare hands. And even then he will still have met a much more peaceful demise than his victim ever did. I also think you'd have to be even more oblivious than the OP to think that this poor girl was his only victim.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Couldn't find a vein, huh? Easy solution - put a bullet through the side of his head. Happy ending for everybody!

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
All the Emotional responses. The fact of the matter is that we as taxpayers spend millions and millions of dollars on special incarceration while awaiting executions, repeated and constant appeals to courts, one after another. By the time a convicted killer,rapist etc finally meets his or her end we can easily spend millions of tax dollars ensuring their rights are protected and they have gotten due process. While I concur that there is no terrible enough end for these guys to meet I as a human have to ask myself to what end? It would be easier if after being convicted to just offer the defended a life sentence without any chance whatsoever of ever getting out and no chance at appeal to death sentence. This would free up millions and millions of dollars that could be spent on helping individuals that show early on in life, the propensity for such behavior. Send them to an island that is patrolled so no escapes can even possibly happen and drop off just enough food and supplies to survive and let them fend for themselves. It would be far cheaper than tying up our courts on appeals and writs that seem to never end. Just saying. I oppose the death sentence it serves no point and doesn't deter crazy ass psychopaths from doing what they will. AS a matter of fact death to some of these individuals who's lives are or may have been a living hell anyways is a rather easy solution.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
There are three types of criminals who do not deserve a second chance:
1) rapists
2) murderers
3) arsonists

I say give second chances to all other types of criminals, but these three deserve the death penalty if proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

The dude killed and raped a 14 year old girl, he does NOT deserve a second chance. I believe he should suffer for what he did.

Sure, maybe you people will think my mentality is sick, but not all human beings deserve a second chance after committing such an act.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
They should have just shot the bastard....

I'm sure they could have found 8 or 10 guys that would have pulled the trigger.

Okay, so, this is supposed to be a government operation? And they f ' d it up. So, we have a couple of government employees who couldn't find a guy's vein and these are the same people that planned 911?????

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
It seems like you're all on this guy's side anyway, seen as he clearly wants to die, are you not just giving him what he wanted?

It's called forgiveness anyway, a trait many people on this bored seem to have forgotten. You should try it sometime.

You see a lot of Americans on ATS talk about Middle Eastern countries and how they are so "barbaric" over there and uncivilized, stoning and beheading people.

How is this case any different, apart from the method? Don't tell me it is more humane, because judging by the majority of comments on this thread none of you want to show any humanity.

new topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join