It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel 'will attack Iran this year'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
reply to post by warrenb

With regards, warren, Israel hasn't stated that they would erase Iran off the world map. Israel suffers the hatred of these muslim fanatics quietly, but with this announcement of Iranian nukes.

I don't see what other position Israel could/would take.

In my humble little opinion, of course. . . .

The "wiping off the map" part could be misinterpreted, and even if the Iranian government secretly wishes it (which is very unlikely), do you really think SCO (such as Russia and China) would let them do that?

We should look at the big picture. Iran is with SCO in a plan to resist the petro-dollar influences. And the petro-dollar issue is the main one, the father of all issues in the Middle East, and in the White House, Pentagon, etc. The petro-dollar and the US Military are the only two remaining pillars holding up the Empire. SCO and Co. (including Iran) have been very careful about going at it. There's no room for mistake, because every small one would lead consequences SCO and Co. have to suffer for dozens or even hundres years to come.

However for the US and Co., one of the pillars is showing signs of collapsing, and the other one has to carry all the burden, which will only help weaken it too. What that means is that we may see the US military (the healthier pillar) operating OVER its capabilities, in a desperate attempt to save the Empire. We in the near future may see a war the US military would be involved, that is greater than previous wars (Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, etc). And this will not be a single event either. To save the petro-dollar, the US will need Europe, Russia, China, Middle East, South America, Africa all in conflicts with themselves or each other, and the only way to create that situation, is through one thing - World War 3.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Molan27

Did you really, really say that Israel is good at attacking nations that can't fight back?

Vastly, vastly outnumbered in 1948-1949, with only a few personal weapons, the Israelis slaughtered a coalition of nations that included Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Transjordan, and Egypt, using armor, artillery and air forces, with thousands of guerrilla volunteers who declared that they were going to soak the ground with Israeli blood and wipe it off the map.

The odds against Israel against this overwhelming coalition was nothing short of a miracle.

Do you remember Syria trying to divert the Jordan and cut off it's waters from Israel? No? Hell, I didn't think so.

Do you recall Egypt shutting off the Straits of Tiran to Israeli shipping? The months of threats to wipe Israel off the face of the map? To create a great slaughter in Israel?

Conveniently forget that?

Vasty, vastly outnumbered and outgunned, in 1967 as Egypt, Jordan, Syria designed to eliminate Israel once and for all times, were in turn slaughtered, even though they outnumbered the Israelis several times over in any category one wishes to examine.

You consider Egypt, Jordan, and Syria together as an unworthy foe? You consider them outnumbering Israel seven to one militarily to be weak?

Mighty selective. Or ignorant.

I just know you didn't forget what happened in 1972, when another coalition of Syria attacked from the north, and Egypt attacked from the south with all that fine, new Soviet equipment?

And then got their asses kicked. Israel ended up on a road on the opposite side of the Suez, and the road to Damascus was again wide open to Israeli forces - just for the taking.

My friend, rather than repeat some crap heard and learned by rote, find the truth.

The truth is nothing like the bulk of misinformation that's floating around on the internet.

Don't just automatically perpetuate this blatant ignorance.

Different coalitions of much larger nations have resolved and publicly stated their intent to wipe Israel off the map since 1948, and have attacked multiple times to accomplish just that.

Now Iran says their intent is to do the same identical thing.

Does any idiot out there think Israel does not also take this threat seriously?

Is anyone stupid to think Israel is going to absorb the first strike?

[edit on 18-9-2009 by dooper]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
They attacked the US Liberty as well.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by spannera

Having served in combat, I know too, that a good ten percent of our casualties are from friendly fire, as a lot of noise, confusion, adrenaline, shooting too high out of tension, and knowing that in combat slow is dead - so fast rage rules.

Yeah. They shot up one of our ships.

I'm sure they did that on purpose, and find it curious that they didn't come back and finish the job, they were so hell-bent on attacking the US ship.

When it's time for shooting, bad things happen. And if you aren't shooting, you need to get the hell away - far, far away - from the shooting.

It was an unfortunate series of bad decisions, as are frequent in war.

Clausewitz called these incidents of uncertainty "the fog of war," and the actual mistakes "the frictions" of war.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb

Every 6 months for the last 10 years they've been saying Iran has the bomb or is building the bomb or will have the bomb, lets bomb them first.

Go ahead Israel, you do that. See how the world shuns you and does not come to your rescue when Iran's allies retaliate.

Hey, it worked in Iraq. They bombed a nuclear plant and got away with it. Granted they didn't drop a nuke back then, but they also don't need to drop a nuke now.

Originally posted by warrenb
Sign your own death wish.

Israel has over 200 nukes to protect itself. Why can't Iran have any to protect itself as well? Double standards. Oh I forgot, they are gods chosen people and therefore can do as they please. Give me a f'in break.

Why? 1. Israel is an ally, Iran is not. 2. Israel is a reasonably well functioning democracy; Iran is not. The hypocritical thing is not that the world allows Israel to have nukes, while it wants to forbid Iran to have any. The hypocritical thing is that back then the world allowed Pakistan to have nukes. But you see, Pakistan was and is an ally to the US and therefor to NATO, while Iran is not. No, we can't allow a country that is governed by religious fanatics and has invented suicide attacks and made them fashionable to have nukes.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Why? 1. Israel is an ally, Iran is not. 2. Israel is a reasonably well functioning democracy; Iran is not. The hypocritical thing is not that the world allows Israel to have nukes, while it wants to forbid Iran to have any. The hypocritical thing is that back then the world allowed Pakistan to have nukes. But you see, Pakistan was and is an ally to the US and therefor to NATO, while Iran is not. No, we can't allow a country that is governed by religious fanatics and has invented suicide attacks and made them fashionable to have nukes.

I think inner revolution is more important than destroying a country.

Iran is a very proud country, also a big role in MidEast. Iranian have their own culture which very different from West. So, the only consequence of attacking Iran is stimulating more normal Iranian to join the Muslim suicid armies. In anyway the WAR between West and Muslim is not a good solution.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

After surveilling USS Liberty for more than nine hours with almost hourly aircraft overflights and radar tracking, the air and naval forces of Israel attacked our ship in international waters without warning. USS Liberty was identified as a US naval ship by Israeli reconnaissance aircraft nine hours before the attack and continuously tracked by Israeli radar and aircraft thereafter. Sailing in international waters at less than five knots, with no offensive armament, our ship was not a military threat to anyone.
www.gtr5.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redhercules
In anyway the WAR between West and Muslim is not a good solution.

The Muslims probably shouldn't have picked another fight with the west again, then. When war is offered, and no viable alternative to it is given, war is nearly always the result.

It hardly ever turns out well for them when they do that, and somehow they always manage to try blaming the west for it.

Ask the Barbary pirates.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by spannera

So you're telling me that the Israeli fighters that attacked the ship had a time in air of 9 hours and stayed with the ship the whole time after identifying it and then later arbitrarily attacking?

That's some kind of aircraft!

I've had US helicopters shooting at my ass, chasing me around a huge tree, and everytime I'd stick my blonde head out and wave frantically to let them know I was American, that just gave them something else to shoot at, and they'd fire another few belts.

In a combat arena, crap happens. I've had our own artillery pile in right on top of us - and since they couldn't hear us yelling over the explosions to 'check fire', we had to wait until the battery fired their allotted rounds.

I'm not excusing them, but I can certainly understand how mistakes in combat are made.

Done it myself.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stargate2012

Originally posted by Foppezao

Ponder this...Islam pays greater respect to Jesus considering him a prophet from God and had the ability to perform miracles.

en.wikipedia.org...

While the Jews don't even consider him a prophet but just some carpenter.

en.wikipedia.org...'s_view_of_Jesus

I dated some Jewish girl before and could never understand her point of view. She thought nothing of Jesus. And yet, Islam praises Jesus a lot more. hmm

The Islam doesnt see Jezus as "The Christ" thats a difference. Have you ever thought about the fact that the Jewish community never had the intention to convert other people to be Jewish ?[instead of Jezus for example who wanted to convert "his" whole religion across the world].Israel is a stable democratic country with a peacefull religion, instead of the orthodox shia muslims in Iran who spread hatred and terrorism throughout Iraq, Lebanon and the whole ME.
Israel stood for many challenges in the past and they will prevail again, no Russia or China willing to obstruct them.
Iran stands alone and many Soenni countries such as Saudi Arabia, Egypt etc would only applaud a strike on Iran. Too bad we didnt had a [peacefull]revolution in Tehran, one of the last hopes to avoid war, anywayz i whish the Israeli people the best of luck..

[edit on 17-9-2009 by Foppezao]

Right, Islam doesn't consider Jesus not "Jezus" with a "z" the "Messiah". But they do believe he was a prophet and performed miracles along with many other things that the Jews just don't believe in. I still can't really understand completely and grasp how the Jews think the way that they do when it comes to Jesus but WHATEVER I guess. They can believe in what they want, I just tend to avoid them.

True that the Jews have a peaceful religion that doesn't spread hatred and terrorism unlike extreme Islam.

And Iran might not have support of Saudi Arabia or Egypt, but they are in bed with a lot of other skeptical countries.

And by all means, Israel is not perfect. Some of their things they have done can be called appalling. But no country is perfect, and going to the micro level, no government politicians, military, or person is perfect either.

My bad, in my language jesus is spelled with a Z.
Disclaimer this is not my opinion, its from the stories of Flavius Josephus.
From the stories of Flavius Josephus, more becomes clear about the Jewish rebellion and actually the "tea parties" against the Roman empire and the governor of Syria with their new taxobligations opposed to Judea. From these stories Jesus' standpoint about the taxobligations made him not so populair by the Jewish people, plus the fact that he hijacked the Jewish religion to convert more and more people.Something they wanted to keep for themselves[other religions could learn a thing or two from this standpoint]

As time goes by more becomes clear about the current situation in Iran. The reason why we hear these news stories for so long is because imo Israel really needs to calculate and study this attack with intelligence and such while sabotaging Irans nuclear program. I think it wil be "just" another proxy war, for total [world] wars are unnacceptable and unimaginable with the MAD doctrine. But Israel is not just going to strike the nuclear facilities, as Dooper explained earlier they'll probably EMP blast the whole country [maybe with a high altitude nuclear blast]before striking with Jericho's from subs and aircrafts flying over Turkey or Iraq to destroy airfields, command centres, launch installations etc.I dont think Israel wants Iran to throw all they have on a city like Tel Aviv..
And people can talk all they want about nwo and Iran being an outcast of that, i rather see it that Iran's Religious leadership and all their evil brainchilds such as Hezbollah, Islamic Jihad , Hamas wil be destroyed for good and a normal democratic Persia may arise with equal rights for every men and women..

[edit on 20-9-2009 by Foppezao]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Israel won't attack Iran :Lol: I'm saying this because I know the game.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Ponder this...Islam pays greater respect to Jesus considering him a prophet from God and had the ability to perform miracles.

en.wikipedia.org...

I dated some Jewish girl before and could never understand her point of view. She thought nothing of Jesus. And yet, Islam praises Jesus a lot more. hmm

The Islam doesnt see Jezus as "The Christ" thats a difference. Have you ever thought about the fact that the Jewish community never had the intention to convert other people to be Jewish ?[instead of Jezus for example who wanted to convert "his" whole religion across the world].Israel is a stable democratic country with a peacefull religion, instead of the orthodox shia muslims in Iran who spread hatred and terrorism throughout Iraq, Lebanon and the whole ME.
Israel stood for many challenges in the past and they will prevail again, no Russia or China willing to obstruct them.
Iran stands alone and many Soenni countries such as Saudi Arabia, Egypt etc would only applaud a strike on Iran. Too bad we didnt had a [peacefull]revolution in Tehran, one of the last hopes to avoid war, anywayz i whish the Israeli people the best of luck..

Right, Islam doesn't consider Jesus not "Jezus" with a "z" the "Messiah". But they do believe he was a prophet and performed miracles along with many other things that the Jews just don't believe in. I still can't really understand completely and grasp how the Jews think the way that they do when it comes to Jesus but WHATEVER I guess. They can believe in what they want, I just tend to avoid them.

True that the Jews have a peaceful religion that doesn't spread hatred and terrorism unlike extreme Islam.

And Iran might not have support of Saudi Arabia or Egypt, but they are in bed with a lot of other skeptical countries.

And by all means, Israel is not perfect. Some of their things they have done can be called appalling. But no country is perfect, and going to the micro level, no government politicians, military, or person is perfect either.

From the stories of Flavius Josephus, more becomes clear about the Jewish rebellion and actually the "tea parties" against the Roman empire and the governor of Syria with their new taxobligations opposed to Judea. From these stories Jesus' standpoint about the taxobligations made him not so populair by the Jewish people, plus the fact that he hijacked the Jewish religion to convert more and more people.Something they wanted to keep for themselves[other religions could learn a thing or two from this standpoint]

As time goes by more becomes clear about the current situation in Iran. The reason why we hear these news stories for so long is because imo Israel really needs to calculate and study this attack with intelligence and such while sabotaging Irans nuclear program. I think it wil be "just" another proxy war, for total [world] wars are unnacceptable and unimaginable with the MAD doctrine. But Israel is not just going to strike the nuclear facilities, as Dooper explained earlier they'll probably EMP blast the whole country [maybe with a high altitude nuclear blast]before striking with Jericho's from subs and aircrafts flying over Turkey or Iraq to destroy airfields, command centres, launch installations etc.I dont think Israel wants Iran to throw all they have on a city like Tel Aviv..
And people can talk all they want about nwo and Iran being an outcast of that, i rather see it that Iran's Religious leadership and all their evil brainchilds such as Hezbollah, Islamic Jihad , Hamas wil be destroyed for good and a normal democratic Persia may arise with equal rights for every men and women..

Your post screams to much bull#.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mind1universe

Ha!!! I don't know what the future hold for myself, let alone Israel and Iran, but you speak the truth!!!
By the way, I love people who comment on threads with statements like,
"I've dated a Jewish girl so" or
"I have 2 black friends so" or
"My sister's boyfriend's mother is a Martian so"

I've lived in NYC most of my life. I can honestly say, I've had and have, Israeli friends, Palestinian friends, Persian friends, Russian, Georgian, English, Irish friends, etc. No Martian friends.
You know what? Even with a wide array of friends from all over the world, I have NO idea what any government of the world is going to do. I can make a guess but I would be able to do that without knowing anybody from the area.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
reply to post by Molan27

Did you really, really say that Israel is good at attacking nations that can't fight back?

WOW! Swolen27 hasn't returned since you schooled him with a tremendous post backed by historical facts.

16 stars for you my friend. woops I can only give you one.

Great post.

Becker

[edit on 20-9-2009 by Becker44]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I've been following this issue for a long while, and the one thing I have been keeping my eye on is the Russian deal to sell the S-300 anti-aircraft missile defense system to the Iranians.

Does anyone know if this has been done, or if there is certain plans by the Russians to sell this system soon? I believe such a deal and sale could put the pressure on Israel to think "It's now or never" and launch a strike hard and fast.

Does anyone think this could trigger the air strikes?

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

please explain what you dont understand or what is bs based on your opinion? Considering you know the game so well....

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

please explain what you dont understand or what is bs based on your opinion? Considering you know the game so well....

Basically you've named yourself a pawn, by typing the crap you do.

The crap consists pretty much everything. From naming and judging everything you posted in the previous post I quoted as " bull#"

The bull# that alarmed me was, the terrorists and the bad guy removal balony. You do not have any grasp on how this game works. There is no specific terrorist. Terrorists didn't create the problems to begin with either. You did, we did. We created the unstability in the ME. Not a particular country. The whole planet is.

There is no actual bad guy. This system is created on polarity. As above so below. This is why Israel has the image of been flipflopped and behaving in such provoking manner. It's called evolution. Negative and positive forces are at it's work on this planet to bring balance to the world.

This is about as much info I will provide on this point. Do not send me a kneejerk post or a 2 minute quick response. THink about what I've just posed here first to you. Think about what I've said and please try and refrain from talking so much god damn nonesense.

The world has terrorism, because none of you are willing to fight for yourself and your freedom. If everyone gave enough love and freedom thre would be no terrorism. So quit living in this fantasy that the "good guy" will take out the bad cop. it does not work like that.

If it did, negative polarity wouldn't deemed nessecary to exist within this universe. It does and you have to get used to it on this reality for the time being.

[edit on 20-9-2009 by Mind1universe]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

Basically you've named yourself a pawn, by typing the crap you do.

The crap consists pretty much everything. From naming and judging everything you posted in the previous post I quoted as " bull#"

The bull# that alarmed me was, the terrorists and the bad guy removal balony. You do not have any grasp on how this game works. There is no specific terrorist. Terrorists didn't create the problems to begin with either. You did, we did. We created the unstability in the ME. Not a particular country. The whole planet is.

There is no actual bad guy. This system is created on polarity. As above so below. This is why Israel has the image of been flipflopped and behaving in such provoking manner. It's called evolution. Negative and positive forces are at it's work on this planet to bring balance to the world.

This is about as much info I will provide on this point. Do not send me a kneejerk post or a 2 minute quick response. THink about what I've just posed here first to you. Think about what I've said and please try and refrain from talking so much god damn nonesense.

The world has terrorism, because none of you are willing to fight for yourself and your freedom. If everyone gave enough love and freedom thre would be no terrorism. So quit living in this fantasy that the "good guy" will take out the bad cop. it does not work like that.

If it did, negative polarity wouldn't deemed nessecary to exist within this universe. It does and you have to get used to it on this reality for the time being.

[edit on 20-9-2009 by Mind1universe]

Polarity? Negative and positive forces are at it's work on this planet to bring balance to the world.? Is that what you have to say about this topic? I know feng shui, my room is full of it
..Its not about flipping a coin, its just plain simple politics...
I am no pawn, i am critical and open minded, i visit these forums to broaden the input i get from daily msm and the material of the study political science i work with, i am also critical to the conspiracy stories i read here.Yes i balance all the input i get.
Apart from the Israeli/ Palestinian conflict which needs positive participation for solution on both sides; this case about Irans program is quiet clear for me. There is no reason for Israel to play down this topic about a nuclear armed Iran.Not with the threats from the past and the threats nowadays. In fact the simple reason ahmadinejad denies the holocaust in such a fashion and so humiliates the Jewish survivors should be enough reason to annihilate the schmuck and the terrorists they do finance[nothing wrong with cleaning that up] because they do blow innocent people up and there is not a single form of enlightment found in those circles...

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Some people here think Iran is just foaming at the mouth to launch the first one that comes off the line. The Persians are known to be great chess players, I'm sure they've thought it through that if they nuke Israel or anyone for that matter it's game over for them. I'm pretty sure nobody on the planet is that f-ing stupid.

Now if Israel wants to use the UN Sanctions or lack thereof as justification for attacking Iran then they are in fact recognizing the UN as an organization. Then they should also abide and sign on to the NPT and let the IAEA conduct an investigation into Israel's arsenal and stockpile.

Only fair right?

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by DEEZNUTZ
Now if Israel wants to use the UN Sanctions or lack thereof as justification for attacking Iran then they are in fact recognizing the UN as an organization. Then they should also abide and sign on to the NPT and let the IAEA conduct an investigation into Israel's arsenal and stockpile.

Only fair right?

No, Israel cannot let UN investigate it's arsenal and stockpile silly eventhough Iran has done it many times..you see coz' Israel had to go thru Holocast 50-100 yrs ago and it's written in their HolyBible book that they can do no wrong and it's god given right. UN is just anti-semite and biased lol !

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join