It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel 'will attack Iran this year'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Israel 'will attack Iran this year' if West does not cripple Tehran with sanctions

Israel will attack Iran's nuclear facilities before the end of the year if the West has not launched an attempt to destroy the regime with crippling sanctions, a former senior defence official has claimed.

"The Israeli government is the only entity that is responsible for the existence of the Jewish people," he said. "Iran has been explicit in its hostility to Israel time and again. They would use these weapons.
"We believe that Iran has the capacity and the delivery capability for nuclear weapons. They can proceed to production. We have got two months to act - before the end of 2009."

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Every 6 months for the last 10 years they've been saying Iran has the bomb or is building the bomb or will have the bomb, lets bomb them first.

Go ahead Israel, you do that. See how the world shuns you and does not come to your rescue when Iran's allies retaliate.

Sign your own death wish.

Israel has over 200 nukes to protect itself. Why can't Iran have any to protect itself as well? Double standards. Oh I forgot, they are gods chosen people and therefore can do as they please. Give me a f'in break.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

With regards, warren, Israel hasn't stated that they would erase Iran off the world map. Israel suffers the hatred of these muslim fanatics quietly, but with this announcement of Iranian nukes.

I don't see what other position Israel could/would take.

In my humble little opinion, of course. . . .

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I know I will be called racist, I know I will be looked down upon.

I really, sincerely hope that they do attack Iran. The world has been fighting over those worn out, dessicated and dried out scraps of land for longer than recorded history. According to the geographical records of Gobleke Tepe, much of the Middle East was a garden before we wrang it dry in our ignorance.

In short, it would be a blessing to future generations if Israel finally went off its rocker and started glassing places. There would be no ruins to fight over, no temple mount to worship out of ignorant execution of custom. Just nice, uniform areas of black melted glass with a healthy dosage of radiation. A freedom from the heritage of a land that has caused more bloodshed and strife than any other place on earth.

Because we all know that Israel would lose, and suicide rather than hand over their scraps to some other country and watch their land be dissolved into Arab control again. They've stated that bluntly for over 50 years now.

Please note, I am not speaking of the people here. I have no particular hatred towards a ragtag group of eastern europeans crouching on stolen land. It is the land itself that is the issue. For whatever reason, it has held sway over this species for millenia, and it is time for that to be removed. Permanently.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Interesting timing on this, given the IAEA fraud being discussed here: IAEA shows signs of yielding to pressure - another step closer to war with Iran

For the record, I agree. Let them at it. If they can't play nice, take away the toys for good.

And for those people that wil inevitably come in here defending the right of so and so to exist or whatever, I say, Heaven apparently has plenty of room.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

That whole quote by Ahmadinejad has been brought up time and time again as some sort of justification for Israel's stance and i am pretty sure that is has been established that that quote was either mistranslated or taken totally out of context.

Surely Israel realise that they will be opening Pandora's box by attacking Iran.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Do we really want iran to have nukes? if i was a betting man i would say we probally want isreal to attack iran that way it doesn't make us look bad for doing it. i also beleive that the u.s will protect isreal no matter what they do so i would expect it to happen eventually.

Also i agree with rogerstigers in the fact these two groups of people have been killing each other for thousands of years in the name of their "god" (wich by the way one of them has to be wrong,but thats for another debate .lol ) i say get it over with.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

If it's the option of Pandora's Box, or being wiped out. . . .

I think they'll choose the Box.

Not taking any side here, but from what I see and hear, this is one subject where they will not back down.

The truely interesting thing will be what is Obama's reaction to it, and what he will do.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Gixxer

Ironically, they are worshipping the same Dog, er God.. sorry.

It's Dogma, really that they are fighting over. They are both Abrahamic religions.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Indeed.

I think if Israel do launch an attack, America won't condemn it but they'll just call for restraint or something like that.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

You are completely correct.
It was a mistranslation. I covered this once in a thread by john123. I'm surprised he's not around bashing Iran and touting the virtues of Israel.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb

Go ahead Israel, you do that. See how the world shuns you and does not come to your rescue when Iran's allies retaliate.

Will they retaliate? I had the idea that they are very divided on this. They all hate Israel, but in the event of a war, will they join together and fight?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Hi warrenb, I have been dragging my feet about an overall war thread.........it's too damn depressing the amount of disinformation out there, and the amount of People arguing the Elite's cause for them........ I will do better, and post it soon... Here is real hardcore evidence coming to light now in regards to the lies perpetrated against Iran. It's how the findings of any Iranian nuclear arms program in 2003, or ending then has no basis of proof....................... IT IS HUGE NEWS, but isn't receiving many headlines......... However, French PM, or is it pres? Sarkozy is spewing hate, and hype about Iran working harder than ever........ It's all a frickin lie...S&F

original.antiwar.com...

It's been shown time, and again the comment You mention was taken out of context.

Here's a comment not out of context:

Every time we do something you tell me America will do this and will do that . . . I want to tell you something very clear: Don't worry about American pressure on Israel. We, the Jewish people, control America, and the Americans know it." - Israeli Prime Minister, Ariel Sharon, October 3, 2001

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

Regardless of who said what (but thanks, sancho) there is a long history of animosity between the two cultures.

I don't see this ending well.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I just hope they can wait until college football season is over.

There is no way in hell Israel can let a Muslim country obtain nukes. While all the attacks in 1948,1956,1967, and 1973 were Arab Muslim attacks, any Iranian attack will be a Muslim inspired attack as well.

They've taken so much flak from merely counterattacking, if they do this, they better do so in a manner that generations of Persians will not want another piece of them.

Historically, the Persians were only good at defeating Arabs, so this will be interesting to see how far this will go.

Persian nationalism, stirred by the teachings of Islam, and nuclear weapons do not mix.

All of Europe and the West will be at risk.

And the chikenschitt West, instead of doing the dirty work themselves, will push it off on the tiny country of Israel to accomplish.

Serve the West right if some Persian nukes got used on them for not addressing the situation themselves.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Jechu

They will join together. Regardless of their divisions, you have to remember that the "Islamic Nations" of the middle east have only existed for just slightly longer than Israel itself. Prior to that they were united under the banner of the Ottoman Empire and various smaller nomadic states. They all hate Israel, and if Israel were to outright attack one of the Islamic countries you can bet that the horde would descend from all side seeking blood.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by D.E.M.]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Due to literally hundreds of developments each week on this issue alone i suggest we set up a dedicated thread because i'm pretty sure were close to war.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I am getting tired of the whole debacle myself. I to would like the action to get started and let the chips fall where they may. All or nothing has always been Israel's way and with an arsenal loaded up with Lockheed weapons I don't see any real damage coming to Israel. Even if the extremist got their way and cleared every Israeli out of the country, more would come and reestablish a presence in Jerusalem. So unless their is another holocaust around the corner, I'm picking the Israeli Military over the rest of the middle east put together in a war situation, although I am indifferent to picking a side in the whole debate I think Israel wins the battle.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
Israel hasn't stated that they would erase Iran off the world map.

Yes, but Iran said they want Israel wiped off the 'Map' in a literal sense.. A map being a map.. like the sheet of paper with the lines drawn on it.

They publicly stated they want to destroy Israel in a Bureaucratic sense.. not the Jewish people.

This is common rhetoric between nations feuding over boundaries.. not a reason to attack or invade them.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
You do all realize that if Israel attacks Iranian nuclear facilities and other sites, it is game over! Think $10 a gallon oil, think plunging stock market, think rising inflation/food prices, think personal panic. It won't be a pretty picture. So it is either the Iranian train that attacks Israel first, or one of their terrorist organization (i.e. Hezbolah) or it is the Israeli train that goes after Iran first. Either train wreck, which ever happens first, changes the world landscape instantly and possibly forever.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Look at my latest thread. I wrote about something similar (Bin Laden calling Israel evil). . . Israel doesn't care if the world hates them. They have A LOT of power for a small country, and I fear Israel much more than Iran, so I'd like to stay on their good side.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join