It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rush: 'We Need Segregated Buses'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anjin

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Wow this thread had more predictable "Rush is a druggie racist" posts than even I expected.

This reminds of an old saying: "When you have to revert to name calling it just means that you have nothing else to contribute to the argument"

After reading all of these posts it saddens me how many people here hop on the rage wagon without looking into the context in which it was said in the first place.

A few people got it right: Rush was being sarcastically absurd on purpose in order to prove a point.

Right on, there is no talking sense to these people, that's why, IMHO there is better than a 50% chance of a race/civil/revolution war coming to this country because the extreme crazy jackoffs of the far left of the "democratic" party have alot to gain (so they think) from starting one. And the small minority of white supremacists are ready to oblige them.

I bet 50-75% of these people (who are white) that think the tea partiers, Rush listeners, etc, are racist, don't even have a minority friend, they just think its "cool" to "stick up" for them because they have been brainwashed that white people (and especially "conservative" white people) are evil racists , themselves excluded.

Most of the black guys I know are embarrassed by this nonsense. They stand on their own merits and are respected for who they are, not the color of their skin.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by I_am_Spartacus]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

The only thing true in this statement is that the President admitted his past drug use. Was open and honest about his past.

The only reason he was "open and honest" about his drug use is because he knew it would get him votes from the morons who would think he was "cool" for being like them. He should be so honest with everything else in his past.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Please people I'm in the north east and I can tell you the black population is VERY racist. There is a sense of entitlement now that Obama is the pres. We should be given more seems to be the catch phrase. I think a lot of people have forgotten what Rev. King died for! Why is it every day from the left we get another call of racism? But Condelleza Rice was ripped into and not once did we here a peep about racism. Maybe Osama was right and Obama is a housee

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by cosby

STOP STEREOTYPING PEOPLE. Do you live in Norway? If so, there is no way, other than ATS, that you have any idea what is going on here. We are on the verge of a race war, and we do not need anyone outside the US feeding the hate. Some of us want to unite the country, so please stop interfering with your hatred.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Wow, a lot of people on ATS now sicken me! I used to only lurk here for years but have recently felt compelled to sign up, and even more recently, actually start to post.

The race card is very evident here because first of all kids will be kids, Rush is clearly playing the card, his demographic is sucking it all in, and his demographic is retaliating to the point where every SHTF incident everyone on here queries about, might actually happen.

Funny how the bus incident is played so much but the story of the black women in Morrow, GA has been kept on the low. The hilarious part is, her story WAS a racial hate crime, and you hear nothing from the mainstream!

Man beats black women in front of child while yelling racial slurs!

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wimbly
Its been explained quite a few times in the thread that he was making a statement about all the racism accusations going around and NewsWeek's article that claims white babies are born racist.

Then maybe you could direct me to where in the Newsweek article it said "white kids are born racist".

That white people have a genetic disposition for racism???

I read it. It said nothing of the sort. nowhere. Please provide an excerpt.

It discussed how racism is LEARNED by children and at an early age. Would you dispute that?

NOT "White kids" "Born Racist"

Rush Limbaugh and those that repeat his nonsense are race-baiting.

A false statement by him, repeated by you and others who ape him loyally without ever examining what he says for veracity....all for the purpose of stirring up controversy and bringing him more attention ....hooray...money and fame for pissing people off with lies.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

Here you go, it took me all of two minutes to find it.

www.newsweek.com...

Enjoy the read.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Sooooooo Typical of ATS to post an INCOMPLETE and TAKEN OUT OF CONTEXT RUSH QUOTE.....

HERE'S WHAT RUSH SAID....TAKEN FROM HIS WEB SITE....

www.rushlimbaugh.com...

RUSH: Hey, look, folks, the white kid on that bus in Belleville, Illinois, he deserved to be beat up. You don't know about this story? Oh, there's video of this. The school bus filled with mostly black students beat up a white student a couple of times with all the black students cheering. Of course the white student on the bus deserved the beating. He was born a racist. That's what Newsweek magazine told us in its most recent cover. It's Obama's America, is it not? Obama's America, white kids getting beat up on school buses now. You put your kids on a school bus, you expect safety but in Obama's America the white kids now get beat up with the black kids cheering, "Yay, right on, right on, right on, right on," and, of course, everybody says the white kid deserved it, he was born a racist, he's white. Newsweek magazine told us this. We know that white students are destroying civility on buses, white students destroying civility in classrooms all over America, white congressmen destroying civility in the House of Representatives.

We can redistribute students while we redistribute their parents' wealth. We can redistribute everything. Just return the white students to their rightful place, their own bus with bars on the windows and armed guards. They're racists. They get what they deserve. Newsweek magazine told us this, post-racial America. I wonder if Obama is going to come to the defense the assailants the way he did his friend Skip Gates up there at Harvard. I mean the assailants are presumed innocent due to the white racism we all know runs rampant in America. The Drive-By Media is ginning up all this criticism of Obama. Again today it's all based in racism, the criticism of Obama's health care plan or whatever, it's all based in racism and so, if he's going to apologize for America, Obama needs to apologize for the right reasons. White Americans are racists who have created what they call free markets that really just enslave the rest of America and her trading partners. It was white Americans that ran off Van Jones.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
If you don't listen to Rush, you don't know what he's talking about.

You can't pull something he says that's put on another web site, post it here on ATS and think that you know the guy.

Maybe you folks should check out the Newsweek artical that he sites...

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by I_am_Spartacus

The only reason he was "open and honest" about his drug use is because he knew it would get him votes from the morons who would think he was "cool" for being like them.

Do ATS a favor and please refrain from saying dumb things like those who voted for the President are morons and drug users.

If I wasn't trying hard to be a better contributor I would respond in kind...which is what ATS needs a whole lot less of.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Okay...now show me where it states that "white Kids" are "Born Racist"...I already read it...maybe you should.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

Maybe you should read it again.

Unless you think a 6 month old is taught racist tendancies.

Forget it, if Rush told you the sky was blu you would disagree with him. I don't know why I bother with you and will stop from this point forward.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

So you didn't read it.

You read the tag line and then decided that "as young as 6 months" was the same as "white babies being born racist?"

You know the difference between a 6 month old and "being born racist" right? You just choose to pretend it's the same thing for the sake of rhetoric? Just like Rush except without the rating bump?

I have children and by 6 months they are hyper aware of who is around them. My daughters grandmother...her mothers mother...was able to hold and feed her at first meeting with no fuss....

because my wife and her mother look very much alike.

My mother on the other hand...all cries and fuss...because my mother has different hair color and facial features than my wife...get it?

My sister who looks like my wife...the baby warms right up to ...my other sister who has red hair...not so much.

YES a 6 month old feels very vulnerable and looks for security with people who appear similiar to those who have afforded them security..their parents. Once the baby has regular exposure to people of different appearances the insecurity dissapates as the baby feels more secure around different people.

Nowhere in this article does it state anyone is "born racist"..as Rush claimed and you repeat.

Keep at the race baiting BS though...Americans are not as dumb as Rush and crew like to imagine and I think he is on his way out....along with those that champion his nonsense.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

reply to post by jd140

Okay...now show me where it states that "white Kids" are "Born Racist"...I already read it...maybe you should.

I did read it and there was a long discussion about it.

See Baby Discriminate

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Rush is such a foolish man.

Kids (and adults) cheer fights all the time in general, and if one of the fighters is more popular they will specifically cheer him.
Am I the only one that has ever heard the "fight, fight, fight" chant?

Adults have screamed "jump!" at suicidal people standing on ledges.

Recently people online urged a young man threatening to commit suicide and videotape it to go ahead and kill himself.

Which he did.

We need to segregate humanity from humanity because quite frankly we're our own worse enemy.

But let Rush racially blow this one incident out of proportion, twist it around to blame Obama/Democrats/Black people and use incendiary racial issues to get him some juicy ratings playing his own version of the race card.

- Lee

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
OH oh, surprise, surprise.

Well, the only thing no one should be surprised of is how easy it would be to "recruit" on this site. Rush knows what he's talking about. Rush knows he represent a rather significant part of Americans who want their first America back. The nostalgia has been there from the beginning. The plan was already well designed for the first America. Any suspicious or factual act of reverse racism is a gift to recapture the "first" dream. I mean who could predict that the other side was going to be the bigger person. Maybe the election of Obama only marks the end of the M.L.K. dream.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by Exv8densez]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I sympathize with you because I have many black friends who were bullied by whites and Hispanics in school. Kids use race sometimes to act out their immature selves. I really doubt the parents of these kids were proud of them.
It may start at home, it may also start with an pop culture of violence.

The point is, everybody alredy knows that there are bad and good in every group. Yet instead of reprimanding the actions of the bad apples, some have already decided that ALL apples would be bad. Get it! Those are the ones we should be really careful about.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by Exv8densez]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by I_am_Spartacus

The only reason he was "open and honest" about his drug use is because he knew it would get him votes from the morons who would think he was "cool" for being like them.

Do ATS a favor and please refrain from saying dumb things like those who voted for the President are morons and drug users.

If I wasn't trying hard to be a better contributor I would respond in kind...which is what ATS needs a whole lot less of.

I never said ALL of them were, he was just trying to get all the votes he could. Its called being "politically expedient" he says what he has to to acheive his goals, like many politicians. He is the "hip" pesident isn't he. gag. l

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
For all those who don't like Rush....I got bad news for you.

radioequalizer.blogspot.com...

Read it and weep......Rush is #1 on the radio.......

You gotta ask yourself a question, who knows more? A radio talk show host with 15 million listeners or a bunch of arm chair monday morning quarterbacks on ATS???????

It's a no brainer. ALSO...................

www.newsweek.com...

This is where you can find the racial stuff Rush has been talking about. Newsweek started it all..

[edit on 17-9-2009 by tomfrusso]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by tomfrusso

Viewership does not equate to intelligence and when appealling to his......demographic....there just might be an inverse relationship between informed, intelligent discussion and his viewership numbers.

In short I think he revels in his own stupidity for the sake of ratings.

For getting to the heart of a matter I choose (most) ATS posters over rush any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by maybereal11]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join