It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do People who Ridicule Conspiracy Threorists Hang out in 911 Forums and on ATS?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
my guess is absolute stupidity - IE believing bush's bullcrap..

or be, they do it because their told to do it.

personaly, i dont understand why either op ?!?! its blatent that things werent as seemed on 9/11, no matter if it was actualy terrorists, or government .. serious questions still remain unanswered..

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
reply to post by CaptainAmerica2012

Originally ATS was very anti-911truth, so really you are playing in others sandbox who were here before you. We did not come here to harass you guys, its actually quite the opposite. I'll tell you the truth in what happened.

Before Catherders infamous thread, there was an even older thread about 911. Back in those days you had several very sharp skeptics, some aviation folks, and even one of the site owners (who had a relative at the pentagon that day) who pretty much took the theories apart. Then came the Catherder (who I always suspected was the same site admin, though I cannot prove it) thread. ATS was obviously cutting into someones 911-truth sales, and suddenly that thread started to get spammed by tons of pro-911 truthers. This went on for quite awhile, until Lear showed up. At that point, the admin, who were obviously aware of the hits being generated by the topic, and were in negotiations to incorporate, backed off their stance on the subject.

I even had a U2U showing how they were aware of Johns flip-flopping on the subject on another board. On that board John not only stated how easily that it could have been done, but also gave a step-by-step of exactly how. This came up the same time that I was picking apart that john could not answer basic aviation questions I posed to him on the board. I was politely asked to back off on him because they thought something was odd.

….But you see...
conspiracy theories sell, not facts!
John brought an even bigger following, and generated more hits with his antics.

So the hard, cold, truth is that I cannot come to this site now (fracken 8 years later), to read things I actually have an interest in, without getting smacked in the face by the 911-truth cult on the “Recent Posts” page... And let me tell you the majority of people in general, as well as the majority of aviation professionals do not agree with the truth movement (heck truthers cannot even agree with each other). ATS was always a site with tough skeptics, hence the “Deny Ignorance” tag, you guys invaded our turf, not the other way around...

And that my friend is the “Truth”...

Ummm... back in those days there were a lot less truthers because everyone was so shocked that 9/11 had just happened. Everyone was flag waving and trying to be patriotic... of course there would have been more debunkers; I probably would have been one of them back then.

Remember? We were mislead into an illegal war on the false justification of WMD because everyone was so hyped up about 9-11. After 2004 was when people really started waking up to the idea that maybe they were manipulated because there were never any WMDs.

Besides, the "we were here first" argument is a logical fallacy.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Albastion

I joined three years after 911...
The shock had passed, but nice excuse anyway.

The majority of people STILL do not believe in the truth movement, and the majority of aviation professionals similarly STILL do not believe in the truth movement. If there was any truth to the truth movement you'd have hundreds of thousands of aviation professionals joining 911 Pilots for Truth, not a around one hundred (most of whom are private pilots trying to pass off their commercial licenses (a very easy rating to get) as though they are ATP licenses).

By the way another thing that torques me about truthers is that they still cannot figure out that its against ATS T&C to repost entire other posts. I think that speaks volumes of some skill attribute (INT.) that is lacking. You should be making that roll on a D20, not a D4...

[edit on 9/16/2009 by defcon5]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I always have to laugh at these questions, no matter how sincere they might be. It's basically saying, go away opposing points of view; you make me insecure and angry!

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Probably because posters come in here and make ludicrous claims. No planes, nukes with no half life. death stars, penatgon cameras missing frames.

Remember Griff? Hes the one who got me to pay attention and stop being a sheeple. I used to come in here and say stupid **** too. I was as gung ho as SBPreston. And I saw some of his posts and threads and realized i was as bad ad "they" (the debunkers SB not you and CO.) were. At first I couldn't even tell what side of the fence he was on.

Have you ever seen jthomas win a debate? I have, and that explains why they come here. Kill the weakest of the herd.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by jprophet420]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
By the way another thing that torques me about truthers is that they still cannot figure out that its against ATS T&C to repost entire other posts. I think that speaks volumes of some skill attribute that is lacking (INT).

Guess what else is against the ATS T&C? Ad-hominem attacks, which you are participating in right now. Clearly I am not lacking in intelligence like you are implying or else you wouldn't use such a minor infraction of the T&C to try to discredit me instead of referring to my posts where I make an argument about the US Air Force's announcement on their website that they engage in psyops in cyberspace.

To fly, fight and win ... in air, space and cyberspace.

Also, why are you so obsessed with Pilots for Truth? As if they are the only organization out there... can you say Straw Man?

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Albastion

Nope, was not a “PERSONAL attack”, was a remark in general based on my experiences with truthers here. If they want to ding me for it, so be it. I have had something like one other warn on here in 5 years.

Oh, and Pilots for Truth are the only group I know about like that.
I got over this many years ago, and could really care less.

[edit on 9/16/2009 by defcon5]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
[bleep]ing S&F, man. I think personally it is because they cannot believe people would take an interest in things that counter or draw skepticism to their own beloved beliefs such as 9/11 believed to be a terrorist attack, despite the mounting evidence that holds up very well against the official documents.

People are not solitary creatures or reservoirs but are drops of an ocean. They want to be unified by the same beliefs and ideas and goals all deemed "normal" but when one looks with skepticism, with doubt, with objectivity, with the mind enough to shatter those beliefs and ideas, people get angry with you and question whether or not you are a complete fool. How dare you think! It is almost like a revulsion towards thinkers.

It is a dark idea that the government, as advanced as it is, would set harm to its own people, but government essentially is control. It uses control to both protect and harm. And the government is not responsible for people neglecting to keep it in check.

People who do troll on here and other sites similar to these usually do not have any valuable counterpoints or have any intention of changing the mind. Instead it is " without common sense that..." or it is "stupid to believe" such as "nonsense" but the majority of these people do not even check out the evidence.

They do it because they do not understand. And when and if the evidence is presented to them and they reject it because they refused to believe it, no matter how rational and obvious it is, they are declaring, "I would rather be ignorant than to know the truth."

For some, ignorance, for the sake of keeping sane, is a good thing. For others, truth is a bearable poison.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Threadfall
I always have to laugh at these questions, no matter how sincere they might be. It's basically saying, go away opposing points of view; you make me insecure and angry!

Actually, this one is saying the same thing as another long drawn out thread, which is if you came here to debate bring ammunition (evidence). Otherwise it makes no sense to be here.

Out of all the times I've been insulted here, and all the times I've been corrected, never once have they happened in the same post.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
The smartest post on this forum are from skeptics.
It is simple to forge new theories and conspiracies. It is a lot more harder to prove they are wrong.

I want to believe, but honestly, I have still to read the "smoking gun" of a conspiracy here.

How many times did the world end, the poles shift, UFOs land in Washington, planet X pass, NWO take ower, etc, etc...

Long live the skeptics, even if I want to believe...

Edit: And I forgot 2012, well we see us in 2013 to talk about it

[edit on 16-9-2009 by looofo]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
What you have to understand is that there is a massive amount of information on this ATS site as a whole. Just thinking about it there is...

Conspiracy Theory discussions:
-Aliens & UFO's, Secret Societies, Education & Media

Above Politics Political forms:
-Elections, Political Issues

Current Events Discussion Forms:
-War On terrorism, Survival Techniques, Peak Oil

Science Topics:
-SETI@Home, Fragile Earth, Science & Technology

Mysterious Subjects:
Paranormal Studies, Conspiracies in Religion

Those are just a few of the reasons people choose to log into ATS, which is not even counting BTS. Sometimes people mostly visit one forum and happen to wonder into another forum out of curiosity. Just because somebody happens to accept one conspiracy theory does not mean that they accept all conspiracy theory's.

Basically, there is so much information here on ATS that it is impossible to expect everyone to have the same ideas and thoughts on a matter (or even relatively close ideas in some cases). I have read some interesting discussions in the weaponry forum from knowledgeable people over the years. That does not mean that those same people from the weaponry forum are going to agree with every conspiracy theory that ATS has to offer.

I guess my best suggestion to you (the OP) is to explore a few of the forums that you don't often go to. Look at some of the conspiracy theories being presented in those forums decide whether or not you agree with them. If you do not agree with all of them then your question is answered.

Another things I have noticed is there there are various levels of belief. Some of us here are vary mild believers and there are others of us who are closer to the "hardcore" side. Either one is ok, it's just that they might not agree with each other.

The popularity of this thread also goes to further prove my point. Due to the flag system here at ATS this thread is now being posted in the four topics on the homepage (or it was when I started writing this). So at that point the thread is just up in the air for anybody to look at no matter what forum they frequently visit.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I am an avid conspiracy theorist. I am a young teenager and I enjoy reading this website. The most fun thing about conspiracy theories is to argue against the theories, and that is one of the reasons I read this website. I think that this website is a good way to practice my arguing. I cannot drive, I cannot work, I am in marching band, so do not pull the "paying me" thing on me. I am a Christian, and here is my little blurb.

People hang out at ATS for the same reason I do, they like the arguments, they like ridiculing the (some times) pathetic arguments that people make. I am sure you do too. You might think that we are the brainless, ignorant, etc. but have you ever looked at yourselves? Many times I look at the theories and think for a moment that they are true, but then read another thread and realize that the theory makes no sense. I am willing to argue with any subject, for most of the things I find are just like how you say we are!

If I am banned from the new strict thing, I think it has been justified.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

The majority of people STILL do not believe in the truth movement,

Where is your facts that support your claim? How about some sources, or are you always spewing negative views against the truth movement because, you have a hard time knowing that a small part of our government got away with pulling of a false flag operations and blamed it on a foreign country.

the majority of aviation professionals similarly STILL do not believe in the truth movement.

You have proof for this information with sources and links or maybe a Zoby poll?

If there was any truth to the truth movement you'd have hundreds of thousands of aviation professionals joining 911 Pilots for Truth,

That is not true, I know the OS is a fairytale and I am not a member of the Pilots for 911 Truth. Most of these Pilots have families to feed and they are not going to jeopardize their jobs on an event that happened eight years ago. Most airlines Co have close connections with our government so; most pilots are not going to rock the boat for themselves.

By the way another thing that torques me about truthers is that they still cannot figure out that its against ATS T&C to repost entire other posts.

Many things are against T&C but people break the rules all the time. So, do you think posting negative posts against a group of people isn’t breaking T&C or do you feel you are above T&C rules?

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Oh, and Pilots for Truth are the only group I know about like that.
I got over this many years ago, and could really care less.

That is why you are in here, trying your best to discredit Pilots for 911 Truth
Because, it is obvious you have NOT gotten over it. Take you anger out on the people who committed this treasonous act not on innocent people who have different opinions to what happened on 911.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by looofo
The smartest post on this forum are from skeptics.
It is simple to forge new theories and conspiracies. It is a lot more harder to prove they are wrong.

I am a skeptic who believes that 9/11 should be re-investigated.

Why is the idea that 9/11 should be reinvestigated such a huge deal? It was never up to the average person to provide a coherent story. It was their job and they FAILED and now it is our job to demand answers until we get them.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen. A cliche perhaps, but cliches hold a grain of truth. a free marketplace of ideas. I was hoping that ATS member supported that. I guess i was wrong. I don't buy the official story either but I have lambasted by many a "truther, if that is the tacky cliche label you wish to subscribe too. I'm sorry if you have a thin skin. People are entitled to their opinion. At least for now. Are we going to push for censoring members who do not adhere to your views? I hope not. My fear is that the "truthers" care not for justice, they just want to be right.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I should of took a screen shot, I Swear there was atleast 49 flags now it is down to 43 taking it of the hot topics list. Oh well the conspiracy continues. Page 5 is missing as well on the page list. Could be my browser.

Excellent posts in this thread none the less. Keep em coming.

No plane crashed in Shanksville is a great way to anger the debunkers because none of them can prove one did.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
My favorite is when people act all shocked and surprised when someone has a certain theory like, "OMG! You actually believe that?! You're crazy. Get a life. Deal with reality".

It makes me want to say:

Dude, this is a CONSPIRACY SITE!! People who come believe in, uuummmm, CONSPIRACIES!

I really just don't get it. I can understand debating a conspiracy. But coming on this site and outright dogging on people for even daring to believe them just doesn't make any sense to me. And then to ridicule on top of that as if you're shocked that people on this site believe some things that you can't wrap your mind around...

edit to add: I'm not just talking about 9/11. I'm talking about EVERYTHING.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by nunya13]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainAmerica2012

Why do People who Ridicule Conspiracy Threorists Hang out in 911 Forums and on ATS?

because ridiculing is their hobby. it makes them feel good about themselves, because it is in line wth how they are hardwired believe, and in line with their personal priorities. they can't handle living in a world with conspiracy(s). their own fears prevent them from seeing the truisms needed to know the facts, and effort to become compliant with them.

after opening my eye on my own opinion (judging what judging within the observer) i could see what my opinion truly was comprised of.

open eye on opinion
friends, fear ends
it takes courage to cure rage
perhaps the solution is the soul you shun
real eyes can realize
seek writ so sigh e.t.
secret society

conspiracies ??? to some people it can't be seen. their intentionality, coupled with their own genetic commands, and the truth, prevents it.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Just because you believe some conspiracies, does not mean you accept them all.

I consider myself open-minded to conspiracies-I will read/listen to them.
However.......(there is always a however)
Just because I am willing to read/listen, does not mean I will agree with it.

It just means I will allow both sides to present their information and then "I" will make up my own mind.

Besides, if a conspiracy is true, the more it is investigated, the more true we will see it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join