It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do People who Ridicule Conspiracy Threorists Hang out in 911 Forums and on ATS?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Yes, you are absolutly 100% correct. MAYBE.
Thanks for your words of wisdom. Maybe I will get my mind right.. maybe NOT! Damn, I'm thinking unpure thoughts... must be the chemtrails. Breathe deeeep. Breathe deeeeeeep... now go back to sleep. ciao RDDS

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
reply to post by EvilTwin666

Maybe one of the janitors there enjoys reading ATS during his lunch break, or a normal employee. Could be something as simple as an executive getting a wireless router to use with his laptop, not knowing that he has to shut off broadcast, and someone across the street linking in without his knowledge. Crap like that happens all the time around here.

That is something I will never understand about ATS, why does the most spectacular answer always the first one presented when there are often more mundane answers that are even more plausible.

Do you really beleive any of what you have written as it sounds to me like a far fetched conspiracy theory to hide simple logic.

How would a Janitor use a PC at the World Bank ?

Do the World Bank have such lax security like you are saying ?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by revdrdrsunshine

Maybe you found the answer. It MUST have been all those years of getting hit in the face by jet blast directly from the engines of those chem.-spraying aircraft. Actually pumping that gas on the planes for years, inhaling those Chemtrail additives. That must have put me into a deep, mind altering, state that is only manifesting now, several years after the fact.

I guess that breathing too much chemtrail material turns one into a debunker.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Because our kind like to complain...

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilTwin666
Do you really beleive any of what you have written as it sounds to me like a far fetched conspiracy theory to hide simple logic.
How would a Janitor use a PC at the World Bank ?
Do the World Bank have such lax security like you are saying ?

I take it you have never worked for a big corporation. Everyone in a large company has access to some type of computer, at some level. Most people have access to the net. Many large companies distribute employee notices via an email system. I worked in a very secure area of an automotive engineering department for a while, and we had access to the internet as well as their interanet, and mainframe. A friend of mine who still works IT for a similar company has problems all the time with folks doing stupid stuff like turning on the broadcast on their routers. Many good businessmen went into business because they had an aptitude for making money, not an aptitude for being a computer technician. Again, just as the rest of the whole truth movement attitude, there is too much belief from folks as to the level of control/power that some of these organizations truly have.

In truth it was probably someone from their IT department that visited your site, they spend more time surfing the web then anyone else.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Not MUST... only MAYBE... Maybe you are right; MAYBE you are so wrong. Maybe I am a disinfo agent. Maybe you have brain damage from too much flouride and maybe you are simply confused. Maybe we need to work on you some more. Maybe we are all wrong. Maybe you are all right. Alright. Maybe you see green is red and blue is green. Maybe you are a tool. Maybe I am a tool. Maybe we are all just tools and fools. Sacks a water... maybe... I am just a troll, maybe I'm an alien and thats just how we roll. ;P

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Like it was mentioned earlier that debunkers and their transparent agenda really force people to investigate further into the topic at hand which in turn brings people to realize even more truth that destroys the official narrative.

So all in all these debunkers and/or willfully ignorant forum posters actually are helping people find more truth and uncover more lies.

Its a win win for the truth movement.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I know its a little off topic but listened to coast to coast last night and earlier in the day I had posted on how 9/11 may have been lifted from a Tom Clancy novel "Debt of Honor" and well I'll be damned, synchronicity strikes again- On the show they discussed wierd coincidences that have occurred in the realm of fiction. what was most disturbing was the reference made to an episode of the xfiles spin off "the Lone gunman" in which a hacker commandeers a plane's nav computer and tries to fly it into the WTC- months before the events of 9/11/.
love CtoC but it makes me wonder how much time THEY spend scrutinizing our posts. The coincidence is way too convenient. Will email George Noory and see if he has anything to say in this regard.
Will he ridicule my overbearing sense of paranoia? I know he plans on investigating the coincidence but I'm not too sure if anything will come of it.
Sorry again, I know I've strayed but it's possible (as much as I don't want to admit it) that my personal heroes may be the ones trying to tear us apart. Will report back. Keep up the fight.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
The World Bank IP question is easy.The cleaning staff shows up at night when all the regulars go home.If the post is from during the day,it's staff or employees.At night it would be unauthorized use by temp workers.That's the way it works so the people don't have to see the peons.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
hi,
just wanted to remind , that mostly we have to follow our gut -feelings in conspiracy matters. Simply because we lack the final ultimate proof (otherwise it wouldnt be a conspiracy theory anymore, obviously).

But i would like to share an interesting point: Remember the mafia ? Those guys that everyone knows about and what they do for a living . Well ,officialy this is just a conspiracy theory (in a "hardcore by the book" sense), because no one has a final ultimate proof that they even exist. Otherwise every given police officer would be able to arrest them and boost his career, simply spoken.
But again, it is comon knowledge that the mafia exists and is very powerful. It is an organisation that existed for centuries and committed crimes for centuries, but managed to remain in a place where no final valid proof testifies their existense(only some smaller fishes cought, but the families at the top were never touched).

You see, when I looked at the facts surrounding 9/11 , especially the afghanistan war and its backround history ( i recommend the wikipedia article on the afghanistan war ), a certain gut-feeling hit me that let no doubt about it : One day it will be comon history that the 9/11 attacks were an intelligence agency operation (possible Mossad and/or CIA involvement).

sorry for spelling, because english is not my mother tongue

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
It Is Enough to drive a man to drink - and then pull away just as he's about to get the beer.

Logic fails belief and vice versa; perpetually.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainAmerica2012
Why do People who Ridicule Conspiracy Threorists Hang out in 911 Forums and on ATS?

To remind you what the real world thinks: Trutherism is political psychosis

"You can no more have a truther in the White House than you can have a Holocaust denier — a person who creates a hallucinatory alternative reality in the service of a fathomless malice."

"But on the eighth anniversary of 9/11 — a day when there were no truthers among us, just Americans struck dumb by the savagery of what had been perpetrated on their innocent fellow citizens — a decent respect for the memory of that day requires that truthers, who derangedly desecrate it, be asked politely to leave. By everyone."

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by impressme

To use your line,

"Interesting drivel to say the least".

Response to question in OP:

Question was about people ridiculing conspiracy theorists, as if it were a personal vendetta against individuals. It is not.

Conspiracies, as a subject, are fascinating and certainly some have a certain degree of merit, some germ of a hint of a truth to get the thing rolling in the first place. THOSE deserve to be investigated.

However, when nonsense is spouted, ad infinitum, those who can see the nonsense for WHAT IT IS feel compelled to address it. Because they possess certain skill sets and experience in fields that others don't, they may speak up on subjects they are familiar with, to dispel the misinformation. Sometimes, the misinfo is unintentional, as those who repeat it don't know any better --- sometimes, it is pure DISinfo, and that is the most galling of all.

There is a wide diversity of very knowlegable people in various fields here at ATS, but there are way more who are just seeking out information, and when there is BAD information presented, it's hard for those who know better to sit by and let it fester.

There is a, I suppose he would fall into the 'truther' category, but that really doesn't exist, any more than the 'OS' category does...anyway, an ATS member who is VERY well-versed in structural engineering who's convinced that the WTC Towers were rigged for demolition. I disagree, but I also do not have an education in that field. So, I respect his opinion. I don't challenge him, except if the discussion dove-tails into what I know about (aviation), then we can clarify. It's a mutual respect.

THAT is what should be happening, in these discussions. Unfortunately, even WHEN a person happens to be experienced in an aspect of technology, it is difficult to convince others, here, in an anonymous forum.

I, for instance, can go on at great lengths using aviation-specifc terminology --- to no avail. Using more common layman's terms doesn't usually help either. Most of us can find plenty of stuff on the Web, but only those who actually UNDERSTAND what is found on the Web can adequately explain it in terms you don't find on the Web...hard to convey the concept, maybe some will get it.

[edit on 17 September 2009 by weedwhacker]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Well, I for one because some French guy publishes a photoshop of a 767 flat level facing the pentagon hole with the headline "How could this fit in this?" and it took you EIGHT YEARS to figure out that a suicidal religious fanatic pilot might not actually care that his wings were nice and level as he came in to CRASH.

On purpose.

Crash.

Not land.

Oh well...

Roll.

The concept of roll in flying.

No? When they roll to rapidly lose altitude, ever heard of that?

Hey, death to the Buzzard God.

How bout those Mets?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Never forget that "we" were once believers of the the Official Story as well. Those who understand it was an inside job have been in your shoes. You have not been in ours though. That is the difference. I hereby give you permission to convert!

Wake Up.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Game_Over

For Game_Over, and others...do any of you think the recent surge in the 'conspiracy' traffic is due in large part to the fact that YouTube is a relative newcomer to the Internet World?

Saw a fluff piece, yesterday --- YT is just about five years old. Something like 60 HOURS of new content is uploaded every minute!! (Going from memory here...)

If ALL of the current Broadcast and Cable media outlets tried to air ALL of the YT content, 24 hours, 7 days a week....it would take something like 140 YEARS to show it all....and that just accounts for what's currently out there now.

I seem to recall a very old computer term, back from the 1960s, when computers were still only the realm of nerdy programmers, and technicians:

'GIGO' -- Garbage In, Garbage Out.

How true that seems, even today.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by undermind

Flat final approach is one of those things that must be accepted as conjecture for two reasons.First is the lack of wing marks on the Penta lawn with a low impact target.The other is the FACT that the film in cameras all around the scene were confiscated by the FBI within minutes of the crash part of the operation.Why did you post what I'm responding to anyway?It is such a beginner question,answered probably hundreds of times,certainly dozens.Yet you persist?Gotta be for pay.Do you have to pay them back as your arguments totally get shot down?

[edit on 17-9-2009 by trueforger]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
just to throw in my 2 cents

ats may be able to deal with the problem if they implement stricter trolling laws

there are many people who agree with the official story, on this site, that are simply nothing more then trolls

sometimes arguing with trolls brings significant debate

however, many times, the threads are destroyed by these trolls and the information at hand gets lost in the shuffle due to the level of childishness present from the trolls, and the level of aggravation caused in the people who dont believe the official story, causing them to lower their quality of debate and intellect

personally, yes i know we need debate and we need opposing points of views

but on a conspiracy board, is this really the place for people to be screaming the governments story is true, you are all nuts?

no, this is a conspiracy board, where people should be open to talk about conspiracy without fear of some troll hijacking the thread

we should be able to discuss the most outlandish scenarios possible without fear of being thrown off course

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

For Game_Over, and others...do any of you think the recent surge in the 'conspiracy' traffic is due in large part to the fact that YouTube is a relative newcomer to the Internet World?

I seem to recall a very old computer term, back from the 1960s, when computers were still only the realm of nerdy programmers, and technicians:

'GIGO' -- Garbage In, Garbage Out.

How true that seems, even today.

What would you have us watch? Fox News? MSNBC?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Only speaking for myself here, I come for opposing views and opinions to debate. One of the major problems with the way most people gather their information, from what I've noticed, is that they tend to seek out news sources and communities which validate their views and interests. If they seek out contrary views (A devout MSNBC viewer watching FOX, or vice versa), it's generally for ammunition and attack purposes. They come into it with their minds already set against the views expressed and either look for vulnerabilities to exploit to prove their own validity, or their interpretation of what is said/proposed is horribly skewed by preset biases molding misinterpretations.

It's Rashomon, self-affirmation of innate bias, the ability for contrary and conflicting subjective interpretations to arise from multiple observations of an objective event.

Me, I am by no means excluded from this... but I try to take the effort to step outside of the subjective and look at things from both various angles and from different points of view - as free as I can consciously attempt to step outside of my own beliefs and my own morals. Then, re-apply my moral positions, reassess my original opinion, and re-enter the discussion with greater insight.

As Paine said in Age of Reason (paraphrased), I have never refused the right of any man to hold or speak their own opinion, for doing so would enslave me to my own opinions as it prevents me from being able to change them.

I have yet to really encounter much information here on ATS which has significantly forced a reassessment of my established opinions, but while I will argue and debate points with other members in threads my view isn't often particularly welcome in, I only do so in the attempt to leave the option open for my opinions to change... by listening to others opinions which are contrary to my own current opinions.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join