It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do People who Ridicule Conspiracy Threorists Hang out in 911 Forums and on ATS?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Why do People who Ridicule Conspiracy Theorists Hang out in 911 Forums and on ATS?

Because they are paid to. As we all know - money talks, money makes the world go around, money makes people do things they don't want to do etc etc.

EDIT: Oh yeah and the odd person who actually wants a decent debate.

[edit on 16/9/2009 by Kryties]

I couldn't say it better myself.

Many people, companies, places and ideas all need salespeople inside and out to make sure their product, whatever that might be in a literal sense, sells and is not brought off track in any way.

After those "internet-lobbyists" if you will, there are those who are filled with rage, and want to fight, those with questions, and want answers, those confused, and denying truth, and countless others who fit none of these molds.

I think they come from everywhere, consist mainly of angry skeptics, the religious, and those who have ideas so firmly rooted in their brains that they can never be separated again; something ATS does constantly, challenge your beliefs and make you reassess the situation, the reality.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainAmerica2012

A very good question you have postulated.

The reason is very simple, because American citizens would rather deny intelligent knowledge of a situation and continue to live in ignorance through denial of reality and ridicule those who actually see the truth for what it is, that Government will do anything and everything to gain and retain power over the people.

The short, simple, yet complex answer is people fear for the truth to be correct, and that they are in fact the ignorant person who lives in a fantasy land where Government is benevolent and fairy tales like honest politicians, honest Government, and honest laws exist.

Instead of actually understanding that laws are often written ambiguously, legalese strewn, and vague enough so only a politician, lawyer, or someone highly intelligent will understand those ten and twenty dollar words, the average America does not want to face reality, they want to escape reality, and what better way to escape reality than to criticize those who know reality and thereby put them down in order to raise themselves up just like abusive relationship where the ignorant person is in charge, the citizen who is blind to the truth will abuse the person that is on to the actual facts in order to either deliberately or subconsciously cover-up their crimes of ignorance.

Remember, the Matrix has the sheeple, and they do not bleat complaints unless there is a wolf in their midst and the Shepherd is a false Messiah, pointing to the conspiracy theorist as wolves.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
It gets pretty old hearing that people who disagree with the truth movement are paid disinfo agents.

Look the vast majority of people will never change their minds. Some people will believe the offical story and some will believe the conspiracy.

Its frustrating when both sides attack each other, I do believe there should be healthy debate but without the personal attacks which we have all been guilty of at one time or another.

We need to respect each others opinions even if we disagree.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
See my mistake was bothering to ask questions. Not really much point in posting about something you know little about, that's why I U2U'd a few people who seemed informed asking to point me in the right direction. I would love to post some of the reply's but I asked a mod first if it was ok, and was informed that it wasn't with out the senders permission.
Not looking for sympathy just angry because it has left me feeling torn over weather I want to pursue looking into this or not.

Edit to say: All I'm asking is that if someone has questions please don't tell them how ignorant they are for asking.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by calstorm]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I dont really believe in a lot of conspiracies (notice I said a lot, I do believe in some, like 9/11 and aliens..etc. I'm not quite buying the whole fema camps thing and all that though). But I am into ghosts and aliens and secret societies and crytozoology. Thats why I post here.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
For all we know these type of conspiracy forums may just be created in the only goal to ridicule conspiracy theories.
The average joe only thinks that mad people hang out here... Which is a good idea really, create forums so people can join together about conspiracys and discredit them by saying they are out of their minds.
And also throw out so many theories just so you're never certain which one is true. Too much information kills information.
To me all these forums only serve to discredit theories.

TPTB create forums where they can come and create new theories discredit facts. One big vicious circle.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by WeSbO]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Here's another question to ponder:

What's the most likely response given by a cheating spouse to their mate when confronted with questions of their fidelity?

A) "You're crazy"

B) "You're paranoid"

C) "You're imagining things"

D) All of the above

Notice any similarities?

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by WeSbO

This is kind of true. I've shown this site to my wife and friends and stuff and they always say stupid stuff like, "What are you crazy". Stuff like that. A lot of people automatically assume you are crazy or some crap if you are into anything thats posted on this site. Course I've got bothered my whole life about that stuff because I believe in aliens and ghosts...etc.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by squidboy
God only knows.

I can understand skepticism, but what I see on this Forum sometimes is hateful... It's mostly ignorant. And 99 percent of the time, is pure opinionated/ MSM dribble, lacking any fact or evidence.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by squidboy]

The lack of independent thought and no real substantiated facts in these kinds of hateful opinions reminds me a lot of the type of thoughtless "debate" that I have seen from the talking heads on Fox "News". It also reminds me of a lot of the angry finger pointing going on by the protesters from both sides of the aisle. People seem stuck in a paradigm of left vs right and are not able to think outside of the box. I get frustrated when trying to discuss factual, researched, or well documented sources and the rebuttal is a knee jerk talking point from the latest angry talking head. Systemic, ingrained, cultural causes don't lend well to linear finger pointing... It's almost like people are angry that you suggest that they have it wrong and there is more to the story, especially if the audience has been marginalized by the MSM.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Depends how you define ridicule.

I've witness sceptics make valid claims on this section of ATS and are automatically accused of being an agent or "brainwashed." From a previous experience, I made one point regarding the words of a former Italian President and how his claims were taken out of context - immediately accused of supporting the US government being associated to the Bush regime

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Well, I'm here for the debate and to see what other people believe - be it aliens, ufo's, conspiracy theories or just plain opinions on some current event.

While, for the most part, I do sit back and chuckle at a great many theories put forward, I often stare in shock at how bizarre the reasoning people use to get to some of their conclusions.

But I'm certainly not here to bash or demean anyone - like someone already mentioned - if someone posts a thread about some theory/concept/"fact" that I simply cannot see any common sense or logical reasoning behind it, I'll post up my own thoughts.

Incidentally where you say...

Originally posted by CaptainAmerica2012
Its been proven that people in the government or in the forces do and are forced to come to these forums and protect the interests of certain groups or agencies.

Care to share that evidence ?

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
It makes about as much sense as someone who doesn't know the first thing about model airplanes, gardening, or stamp collecting to come to a model airplane website, gardening website, or stamp collecting website and try to tell the people there how things really are. It just doesn't seem plausible to me that anyone without knowledge and interest in the subject would be so outspoken in a forum regarding a topic they don't believe is real.

All of the trash talking posts lead me to believe that those who do so are people who are being given some kind of incentive to do so. Paid, in other words. Why else would personality types which are inclined to believe that everything is simple and already understood waste so much time arguing with those who are convinced the world is not as it seems?

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I mean GWB could come here in person and post the truth and nobody would even know and everyone would still call him mad.
What better way to make a group of people look stupid, put a trap that everyone will fall into (especially on a forum where a good amount of people want to look like they are the best, in the know, intelligent, want to be recognized by everyone...) feed them what they want to hear.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by WeSbO]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by squidboy

Oh really, and I thought it were the truthers who were ignorant that the twin towers didn't really collapse at freefall rates.

Yes the govt. send all their spies here, they are so scared of a forum that they just feel the need to discredit you all.

You do a good job at discrediting yourselves some of the time!

How ironic that the truthers claim ATS for themselves, like a cult status, eh? Check out the other ATS topics, you know.... alternative news, UFO, etc. Maybe those other topics are just a little more insightful and interesting, and more worthy of discussion by intellectual folks.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
well, count me as one who is skeptical of any conspiracy about 9/11. And I resent the insinuations that somehow that makes me ignorant - as one poster put it - or willing to ignore evidence or something like that.

But evidence, NOT THEORIES, is what is needed. Serious, tangible evidence. To perpetrate such a hoax on America would require the silencing of thousands of people, from the families directly impacted by the loss of loved ones on planes or in the WTC, to the military, police, and firefighters, politicians, news media, etc....just to keep this covert. I dont see that as possible.

I will therefore, remain skeptical until I see something very tangible that shows clear evidence of a cover-up. You may choose to label me something derogatory, but to me its the only way for someone to approach something so important and so serious to America. So when that evidence is produced by credible sources, then you can expect me to join the march to reveal the truth. Until then, the truth - as it exists for me - is that Islamic terrorists planned and executed a successful attack on the WTC and Pentagon and they are solely to blame.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Conspiracy theorists are the nerd in the class room all the bullies gang up on. They have no second thought about bullying him, because thats how the world has always been.

Nerds are intelligent. They ramble about complex theories. Too complex for most people.

We need to ask simple questions instead of rambling off complex theories, and not try to come with the complex answer.

If we ask simple questions, all understand.... we dont seem so intelligent.

If we ask simple questions, all understand.... we dont seem so nerdish.

If we ask simple questions, all understand... we are no longer the nerd all the bullies gang up on...

Charlie Sheen is on the right track!

We should replace "911 was an inside job"
with
"We want new investigation"
or
"we want to know the unaswered questions the 9/11 commision left out" or is that too complex?

Omg, Charlie Sheen is showing the way!

[edit on 16-9-2009 by conar]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by VirginiaGreen

Click here to learn more about this warning.

It didnt take long before one of this idiots put their head out..

Bless all of you who search for the real truth! Ignore anyone who tells you different....expecially the sheeples who only base their belifes from the black box...

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Why do I debate? It is pretty simple. I don't want this crap to become mainstream. Like the JFK and UFO conspiracies. Wherever truthers try to plant their seeds I want there to be markers that tell everyone that this stuff is poison. Twenty years from now I would like to see the term "inside job" as synonymous with "tin foil caps". I don't want some high school freshman in ten years doing research on 9/11 for a school paper and think for one moment that persons in his own country, dedicated to protecting him and his future, were capable, willing and able to commit acts of mass murder of their fellow countryman.

This stuff is particularly distasteful and ugly in that accuses dozens, hundreds or even thousands of innocent people. And if that alone is not bad enough, then compound that with the disgusting idea that anybody who disagrees with these preposterous notions - I will never call them theories - is accused of being an accessory after the fact to murder.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I think if I beleve the official story I wouldn't waste my time with people that I thought was crazy, I mean who would?

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Q. Why do People who Ridicule Conspiracy Threorists Hang out in 911 Forums and on ATS?

There is no "one size fits all" when it comes to conspiracy theorists, if you believe in EVERY conspiracy, then you have a problem in my opinion.

Personally, I identify with the serious investigation into classified locations and the activities at those locations, but regard the 911 conspiracies as nothing short of irrational.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by Retseh]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join