It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do People who Ridicule Conspiracy Threorists Hang out in 911 Forums and on ATS?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
The people who believe in the OS story DO NOT WANT TO HEAR ANOTHER VERSION PERIOD! It is like religion they are brainwashed to believe whatever their leader says, and refuse to think outside of that philosophy. We can thank the lack of media interest in 911 for much of this.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I know we put on all kinds of evidence trying to prove our point, and all thats happens is people replying to your posts telling you ur an idiot and have no evidence to support there side.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I don't think thats true. You can't paint with such a wide brush. i talk with a lot of people about this subject. And many have doubts in the official story. But the attitude i find expressed the most is an old one. You can't fight city hall. When people are concerned with wheteher they are going to be employed tomorrow, or make that mortgage payment this subject is not going to be on everyones front burner. the fact is it has been 8 years and nothing has been presented to a grand jury and no indictments have been issued. People have short memories.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
See my mistake was bothering to ask questions. Not really much point in posting about something you know little about, that's why I U2U'd a few people who seemed informed asking to point me in the right direction. I would love to post some of the reply's but I asked a mod first if it was ok, and was informed that it wasn't with out the senders permission.
Not looking for sympathy just angry because it has left me feeling torn over weather I want to pursue looking into this or not.

Edit to say: All I'm asking is that if someone has questions please don't tell them how ignorant they are for asking.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by calstorm]

Do the research on your own and don't get caught up in the absolute hysteria that surrounds the 'truth' movement, I swear there are some involved in it that are as bad as any religious zealot screaming TURN OR BURN to homosexuals.

You see, if you ignore the hysteria, you see things for what they are; and there are MANY unanswered questions and MANY things that do no add up.

But jumping on, as you said, "Ooa Ahh!" bandwagon fosters more closed mindedness, and before you know it you are seeing what others see, not because YOU SEE IT, but because you want to see it just for the fact everyone is so frenzied.

I, like you, am on the fence. I absolutely cannot stand 90% of the people who rant and rave about the ABSOLUTES surrounding this, offering frame by frame footage and low resolution youtube video as evidence - and those who then start to claim there were no planes at all, and they were holograms, or whatever other, IMO, nonsense that arises as UNDENIABLE FACT!

I sit on the fence, but on the side of this being more than meets the eye, is where I find more and more things that do not add up. That causes me to want to look more into it.

I certainly will not jump on the bandwagon and start screaming it is 100% fact, and so if that makes me a shill, a sheep, ignorant, or whatever, so be it. I'd rather have MY OWN opinions than blindly swallow anyone elses.

Good luck, be careful what you take as fact unless you yourself are convinced.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizan

I agree with most of your post and yes people are not going to risk their jobs to most people who are struggling to put food on the table and pay their bills really do not have time to look in to, or research 911. I have always wonder if the people that were behind 911,were trying to destroy our economy with the help of Freddy Mack, and the banking cartel and perhaps the Federal Reserve. Perhaps they were doing it as a distraction to deliberately cause another emotional shock to the American people, to take their minds off of 911 to get them to focus on what do to save our economy and the lost of so many jobs and the rising cost of living.

Now the new distraction is the healthcare bill, what will be next? Notices it is the media who pushes these agendas. Let’s give the American people something to really worry about instead of 911. Noticed that ALL these distractions all have started with our government

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I can understand and agree that all of us are entitled to our own opinions even if they are wrong.

However I cannot understand how any fair person could dismiss, at the very least, LIHOP or incompetence!

Not one official has been even reprimanded for the 9/11 attacks and I think that speaks volumes.

No real investigation has taken place for one the greatest crimes of our history.

That is disgraceful.

Name calling and ridicule does not further constructive debate or discussion.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

But it's so much fun. I'ts what we Americans do best. Just turn on the news.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Where else would I go to ridiclue 9/11 conspiracy theorists?
Sorry, but you asked. Hugs and kisses.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by johnmhinds

I'm not sure what this is post about?

"For the exact same reason you're here, because we like a good old debate.

If I see someone saying something that I think is incorrect or misleading i'll try to tell that person why I think what they are saying is wrong, and they'll reply with a rebuttal.

Unfortunately the rebuttal is rather stupid "you're a shill for the government" comment 9 times out 10, but I enjoy that 1 time out of 10 when I get to have a real positive debate with someone.

If people feel ridiculed by me just giving my honest opinion on a subject how I see it then that's their problem."

Does this mean 9 out of 10 people here,(ATS) are both stupid and misinformed? or that 9 out of 10 people don't agree with you, rightly or wrongly. How do they feel ridiculed? you really do need to enlarge on that.

BTW, I have looked at some of your logged posts and so far most replies have been normal enough.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by smurfy]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Unfortunately, the Pentagon's 'Operation Information Roadmap' certainly indicated that there would be operatives at all relevant levels of forums etc., on the interweb.

So, based upon their (the ptb's) own revelations, it is likely that some posters are getting retirement benefits from the MIC.

Simply based upon reading what 'they' have written and intuiting the probabilities.

To imagine otherwise is simply naivete.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   

WASHINGTON -- The U.S. Air Force's goals now include "fighting" in cyberspace, according to a new mission statement released this week.

A cyberspace security responsibility was newly included in the mission statement, released Wednesday. The new mission statement, intended to set the current and future direction of the Air Force, reads: "The mission of the United States Air Force is to deliver sovereign options for the defense of the United States of America and its global interests--to fly and fight in Air, Space, and Cyberspace."

www.pcworld.com...

Ok, so its now proven that some debunkers are from the air force and are too fat or physically incompetent to fly aircraft. Welcome to the board. USAF No One Comes Close...... burp.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by CaptainAmerica2012]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I actually had a similar conversation to this with my significant other today.

The conclusion we came to was that a lot of people come to ATS believing in some fringe theory or another but the sheer amount of crazy crap that can be found here often turns those same people into seeming skeptics, they stay hoping to find that which bought them here in the first place.

That and you know some people come here for NWO conspiracy, some for aliens, some for 9/11 etc etc and often people don't play nice outside of one or two boards but they go to the other boards anyway cos well they are bored and trying to kill time.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
It is strange why so many debunkers and non-truthers hang out here. I think the ones who post on a daily basis just have way too much time on their hands and really need to get out more.

I don't believe in UFOs and government cover-ups concerning them, but I have no interest whatsoever in going over to the UFO forum to start talking about my views or non-views on the matter. I've got better things to do with my time.

I think the ones here who say they just like a good debate are kinda full of it because there is a forum dedicated to proper debates and from what I've seen since joining ATS is that they always shy away from having a structured debate because when all is said and done they have nothing to back up their claims apart from the laughable OS.

Next time a debunker challenges something you post, just challenge them to a proper debate in the debate forum. That will shut them up

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I am fairly new to ATS but I find it very interesting. I can be looking at different subjects for hours and not get bored. I am not a U.S. citizen and I also believe that the “truth” movement is wrong. (Much of it I think actually is false, fake. Some people are just making money out of the naive and innocent.)
The subject of 9/11 is very important to me because I am an aviation professional.
I´ve seen countless research subjects by both truthers and debunkers, as well as documentaries, movies, and read many articles from official as well as private authors, both pro and con.
One of the things that stands out very soon is how the truthers are a minority in any professional area involved. Demolition experts, Pilots, military or commercial, a minority are with the truthers. Fire men and police officers, also. Engineers and architects, same thing. And we are not talking just below 50%, but a very very small percentage.
Speaking of pilots, let me tell you that I got banned from the pilot´s for 9/11 truth web site, just for expressing my opinion, which was against the “inside job” theory. How is that for respecting diversity of opinions?
One of the biggest arguments I find against the “inside job” theory is HOW MANY PEOPLE AND INSTITUTIONS AND CORPORATIONS would have had to be involved????
We are looking at THE U.S. GOV., THE CIA, FBI, NYPD, NYFD, THE FAA, THE NTSB, THE AIR FORCE, FEMA, WTC OWNERS AND ADMIN., UNITED AIRLINES, AMERICAN AIRLINES, MAJOR NEWS PAPERS AND TELEVISION AND RADIO STATIONS, PLUS HUNDREDS OF WITNESSES, AND PROBABLY THOUSANDS OF REGULAR U.S. CITIZENS EMPLOYED AT THOSE PLACES AND OFFICES.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by impressme
Where is your facts that support your claim?
You have proof for this information with sources and links or maybe a Zoby poll?

Its around 1/3…
Why the 9/11 Conspiracy Theories Won't Go Away
New National Poll: 36% of Americans Believe 9/11 Was an Inside Job
Third of Americans suspect 9-11 government conspiracy

Which surprisingly happens to be very close to the percentage of Americans (26%) who suffer from some form of mental illness per year.

Last time I checked 1/3 is a minority, thank goodness…
That is, unless we use truthers math.

And to be honest we all know that once a truthers site catches wind of a poll, they spam it as required by their religious leaders. Similar to the way that overzealous Ron Paul supporters did with polls during the election. So that number is more then likely higher then reality.

Why do I say that?
Because out of the vast number of folks I know, from various fields (medicine, law enforcement, rescue personnel, computers, aviation, etc) not a single one of them is a truther… So via Defcon’s poll, the number of folks outside of ATS who believe in this are less then 1%. That number most likely seems low to you since you have an interest in the subject, and thus probably associate more with like-minded folks.

That is not true, I know the OS is a fairytale and I am not a member of the Pilots for 911 Truth. Most of these Pilots have families to feed and they are not going to jeopardize their jobs on an event that happened eight years ago. Most airlines Co have close connections with our government so; most pilots are not going to rock the boat for themselves.

Absolutely false. I was an airline employee, and there are several others with similar backgrounds on ATS. There are a number of them in my friends list, including Weedwacker and Zaphod. Guess what… Neither of them seem to believe in 911 truth either; at least from what I know of them.

There is no connection between the airlines and the government in the US, other then the government occasionally charter airlines aircraft (same as civilian agencies), and that the FAA oversees the airlines. Now in Canada and the UK, that's a different story. Air Canada, and British Airways are very closely related with their respective governments.

I never signed any agreement with the airlines that limited on what I could talk about. The only things that I will not talk about are issues related to security matters, for obvious reasons. Even still, that is my choice, no one made me sign any agreement that I would uphold such standards.

Many things are against T&C but people break the rules all the time. So, do you think posting negative posts against a group of people isn’t breaking T&C or do you feel you are above T&C rules?

I have put up with so many personal attacks against me by both the Chemtrail and 911 crowd, since I started here, that my occasional little humorous jibe hardly holds a matchstick up to their lighthouse. But keep whining about it, since your plan is obviously to silence any truthful opposition to your message.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
Weedwacker and Zaphod. Guess what… Neither of them seem to believe in 911 truth either

So that would only mean they believe in 911 lies.

But most of us knew that already. :

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Mark_Amy

we could say the same about some of the truthers. heck i think we all need to get out more.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   

The people who believe in the OS story DO NOT WANT TO HEAR ANOTHER VERSION PERIOD! It is like religion they are brainwashed to believe whatever their leader says, and refuse to think outside of that philosophy.

Not true.
Actually, I do not fully believe the official version either, but that does not force me to dive into the deep end of conspiracy theories full of holographs, controlled demo, rods from god, etc... In fact, most people realize that there is no way to completely sum up the event exactly as it happened. There are just to many variables, and too many unknowns. Even if they built a 1 to 1 scale recreation, it would not be exact. Especially when you add the imperfect human factor into the equation. Most aviation people realize that humans that day were rapidly dealing with an unknown situation with imperfect information. That happens from time to time in that field, and when it does things don’t slow down and wait for the information to become clearer. You make decisions based on the best estimates with the information at hand.

So stop painting with a black and white brush. Not believing the OS word for word does not make one a truther, and those who do believe the OS are not necessarily skeptics, paid agents, or debunkers.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

36% of Americans think 911 is an inside job well that is a whole lot of people we are talking about remember the population in the USA is around 300 million people so we are talking about one third of the population , not bad.
I am sure it is growing every day thanks to the truth movement on the internet. Soon the OS denial group will be all gone. I love it.

And to be honest we all know that once a truthers site catches wind of a poll, they spam it as required by their religious leaders.

Really, I was not aware the 911 Truth movement had religious leaders would you please post who they are. I had no idea the 911 Truth movement is that organized.

Ron Paul supporters did with polls during the election. So that number is more then likely higher then reality.

Do you just make this stuff up out of thin air or do you have some proof about Ron Paul supporters did with polls during the election, I would like to see this information.
You are only enlightening us with good info when you have proof which you did earlier I was amazed that you did find a percentage good for you .

Absolutely false. I was an airline employee, and there are several others with similar backgrounds on ATS. There are a number of them in my friends list, including Weedwacker and Zaphod. Guess what… Neither of them seem to believe in 911 truth either; at least from what I know of them.

You are Absolutely wrong. You only know a small handful of people and that dose not make you right. There are Thousands of commercial pilots and military pilots in the United States alone We do not have a poll that tell us anything, so you are only guessing.
As far as your friend Weedwacker I do not find him creditable, not at all.

Neither of them seem to believe in 911 truth either; at least from what I know of them.

We are not interested in what your friends think about 911 that really dose not help you any dose it.

There is no connection between the airlines and the government in the US, other then the government occasionally charter airlines aircraft (same as civilian agencies), and that the FAA oversees the airlines. Now in Canada and the UK, that's a different story. Air Canada, and British Airways are very closely related with their respective governments.

That is not entirely true about FAA and our government. Who do you think put a gag order on the FAA?

I never signed any agreement with the airlines that limited on what I could talk about.

No one said you did.

I have put up with so many personal attacks against me by both the Chemtrail and 911 crowd, since I started here,

Can’t handle the heat in the kitchen?

that my occasional little humorous jibe hardly holds a matchstick up to their lighthouse.

That is your opinion.

But keep whining about it, since your plan is obviously to silence any truthful opposition to your message.

That my friend is a lie, and you know it. You Sir, show me and everyone in here where I have personally tried to silence any truth in these 911 forums?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

The people who believe in the OS story DO NOT WANT TO HEAR ANOTHER VERSION PERIOD! It is like religion they are brainwashed to believe whatever their leader says, and refuse to think outside of that philosophy.

Not true.
Actually, I do not fully believe the official version either, but that does not force me to dive into the deep end of conspiracy theories full of holographs, controlled demo, rods from god, etc...

If you do not believe in the OS then you obviously believe in a conspiracy theory correct?
Why do you “lump” every person who is seeking the truth about 911 that THEY ALL believe in such nonsense as holographs, rods from god, etc... Not only are you lying but also, you are constantly ridiculing people who question issues concerning 911, and don’t believe in your fairytales.

In fact, most people realize that there is no way to completely sum up the event exactly as it happened.

Then why do you act as if you are the foremost authority on everything about 911?
If you don’t have all the answers to 911 then why do you criticizes, and ridiculed people for only assuming different views like you do then.

There are just to many variables, and too many unknowns. Even if they built a 1 to 1 scale recreation, it would not be exact.

That can be for anything not just 911.

Most aviation people realize that humans that day were rapidly dealing with an unknown situation with imperfect information.

I agree with you on that, but you forgot to mention that pilots are human to.
I have to wonder whom it was that was giving this “imperfect information”?

That happens from time to time in that field, and when it does things don’t slow down and wait for the information to become clearer. You make decisions based on the best estimates with the information at hand.

So I guess that gets the government off the hook for not doing their jobs on 911 by protecting the American people and this county. So, the Vic Presidents stand down orders of an object heading into the Pentagon is meaningless. The lies the pentagon told the 911 commission that where so criminal in their statements, that the 911 commissionaires demanded an investigation from the justice department.

Military officials were lying so bad that the 911 commissionaires said that their investigation was hindered and they admit the White House stonewalled all their investigations concerning 911. You want people to think this is ok and stop being so skeptical or suspicious that the Bush administration is hiding something, what would you call it then?

So stop painting with a black and white brush.

I don’t paint a black or white painting, I would like to think I paint a picture of truth and concern for my country.

Not believing the OS word for word does not make one a truther,

What are Truthers to you, lairs?
I do not believe the OS because it is so full of proven lies and defies physics, impossibilities, and it lacks evidences and creditable sciences.

those who do believe the OS are not necessarily skeptics, paid agents, or debunkers.

You cannot prove that, there are no paid dissinfo agents on the internet or ATS you are only spewing your opinion that’s all. For whatever it is worth, then I would have to say people who believe in the OS are ignorant.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join