It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't call me a racist until you read the whole OP

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by THELONIO
african men and women are naturaly more muscular than europeans, i have tried this before with the differences between what was once known as caucasoid, negroid, mongoloid and australoid, i still believe in these seperate races even though science no longer accepts this theory because they can find no genetic differences to suggest that the seperate races exist, i feel that you can see it plainly with the eyes. i understand the basis of your theory but dont necessarily concur, and dont worry , i dont think that you are a racist, i wouldn't judge you if you were, i am not a racist either

Anytime that the issue of race is brought up, everyone turns squeamish because today being called racist is one of the worst insults that you can lay on someone. Just because of this fact, we will never know the extent of these differences as any legitimate research study would be shot down as un-pc. How about the fact that many blacks (and notice I said many) have no career goals or any aspirations to do anything to further their career goals, and therefore have an exorbitant amount of time to focus on much less important things such as sports.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jester1211

How about the fact that many blacks (and notice I said many) have no career goals or any aspirations to do anything to further their career goals, and therefore have an exorbitant amount of time to focus on much less important things such as sports.

Please post any data you have that supports this so-called fact as I'm eager to review it.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by EMPIRE]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
with out a doubt, slavery as it was practiced in the south practiced a crude form of eugenics.
It is a fact that stronger individuals survived longer and were bred with other strong individuals. This has lead to different body morphology, over that of native africans, sort of.
Its is also a fact that most of the africans that were taken as slaves to new world came from western africa, where the average african is far different in body shape and size from other africans such as plainsmen of kenyan plains or the san related bushmen.
The kenyans are built for running, it was part of their native lifestyle spending days on the hunt following herds of animal.
Thats why they are built the waythey are natural selection at work.
On the other hand the africans of western africa lived in a different environment, and thier bodies show it. They hunted in the woods and forests of western africa and didnt have to cover as much ground to hunt so they developed a more robust physique.

As far as american professional team sports some of them are heavily weighted towards african americans, but that is more of a social response to urban poverty, than anything else.
For many years sports was the only avenue open for black people to truely advance in.
As far as basket ball goes its an urban thing.
Black representation in many other sports is low because of economic issues.
Swiming, golf, tennis are all upper what I call "club sports" they require an infrastructure to participate in, ie a swimming pool golf course or tennis court.
These sports formed clubs to spread the cost of facilities around, and since these sports have their origins in victorian england they brought some of the class issues with them.
Only the upper class had the money to participate, that left the lower classe to crude sports boxing and footbal(soccer/rubgy).

I used tp participate in a very elitist sport ,fencing, it too was a sport of the upper class and still is in many instances.
The lady who ran the school was very passionate about fencing and we did demos at some local schools to try and get a larger base of participants.
But the high cost of gear and membership in the club doomed that right off.
im rambling now thats all i got

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jester1211

lmao thats not true I make over 100k a year and I'm only 26. I'll make tons more in a few years. I have many friends that are sucessfull too. You are thinking of dumb and uneducated people, and those people are from many walks of life and races.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

He's probably referring to inner-city blacks. The ones in the suburbs are no different than whites, Asians, Hispanics, etc. Graduation rates for inner-city schools is a good place to begin, although inner-city schools in California and the south west are probably predominantly Hispanic.

'Crisis' graduation gap found between cities, suburbs

link

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stylez
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Now THAT is racist lol. They didn't have the sports culture first guy, they got recruited into sports NOT because THEY could rise to the top or wht have you, but because they could make a lot of money for rich white fat cats who exploited this innate ability. Saying their is no incentive for a white kid to get hit in the head?

Hell NO but their isn't for Black kids either then is there?

Why? is that do you suppose?

Most of what you said sounds like you got it out of a fortune cookie and the rest is, well Ill let petchy tell ya. at least this time she might be right

lol, your completely kidding yourself and throwing out YOUR own set of beliefs which are biased and highly influenced by popular culture...

There is no physical superiority inherent in any race, it's a load of rubbish...

I'm Racist because I "don't" believe that there is a genetic basis to better athletes?

Up until the last 20 years if you were BLACK there was NO viable option for wealth and status but Athletics or show biz...

There is NO other argument, a couple of generations of African Americans were raised with Athletics as a Viable HOPE for having a life and acceptance in popular culture...

Culture, nothing to do with genetics, NOTHING it's the only place White people ALLOWED them at first to rise in status.

and no

ROFL

95% of white kids don't or didn't NEED athletics as the ONLY way they could have a chance aside from music, Motivation is the prime factor, proving a point HEART, not DNA

so please call me racist LOL and keep seeing giant field Negroes in your nightly sex fantasies and scary nightmares in the end it's a product of your perceptions and proof particularly in your name calling of how YOU see the people not how they really as a group actually are.

If it wasn't you who were racist, you wouldn't exist with some belief in a race of big buck brothers that you secretly fear and probably lust for, your words are a JOKE

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu

This has nothing to do with my question, thanks.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by EMPIRE]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
This is a very hotly debated question; so much so that scientists have steered clear of performing studies that could bring viable answers.

This is ATS, we are suppose to deny ignorance. Must everything be about racial discrimination? I applaud the OP for having the courage to discuss such a controversial subject.

This is from Jon Entine's book 'TABOO'

In ''Taboo,'' Jon Entine, a journalist, brings this evidence together to make a painstaking case that race and genetics are indeed ''significant components'' of the ''stunning and undeniable dominance of black athletes.'' The book, a highly readable blend of science and sports history, had its origins in a 1989 NBC television documentary on black athletes that Entine wrote with Tom Brokaw. That show drew charges of racism when it was broadcast, and Entine clearly expects that ''Taboo'' will do the same, judging from all the space he devotes to defending his decision to write it.

Why should it be taboo even to raise the hypothesis that evolution has given people of African ancestry an athletic edge? There are several reasons. On the one hand, the idea rankles white racial chauvinists, who until the last century clung to the myth that Africans were inferior to Europeans not only mentally but physically too. On the other, it seems to diminish black sports achievement, making it a matter of biology rather than of training, drive and heart.

Very interesting article to shed some light on the subject.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

Really? If they had career goals, they might actually do well in school, rather than focus on sports.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

Fascinating if your a white male and you say your Race is superior you are a Racist

But if you say that African Americans are superior, your not being Racist simply applying science...

Even though scientific studies confirm as fact on all fronts Northern European Caucasians tend to be the tallest strongest men on the planet...

Racism is gross, it really is master race theories are all nonsense...

I suppose that working in a field all day doesn't make a person muscular by the nature of working in the field?

And i'd imagine getting handed physical labor for the last century and blue collar jobs does tend to build a little extra muscle?

Somehow when I actually go out at night, ha;lf of brothers are shorter than me at 6 ft and halfare bigger just like any other group out there mainly... perhaps there are, slight slants, but always to one degree or another at 6 ft i'm mainly median in height

Nutrition i'm guessing has nothing to do with anything, not does culture and priorities and exposure, every muscular man gets that way.... just naturally lol no activity or effort involved huh?

I'll say this...

When Japanese Men and women want to fantasize about exceptionally virile and impossibly strong Masculine figures, they at least have the decency to make cartoons about Demons with Giant laser Penises unlike my culture who prefers to wax utterly racist and paint Brothers into that stereo types and enforce it with belief and Media

I suppose being inherently bigoted my culture has found a more benevolent? way of expressing it... but it's still kind of disgusting when you think about what your actually doing to the real humans under the perpetual mask you ask them to wear.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
The one thing i'd offer that is superior between Black People and White People

Black people never seem to have a problem admitting when they are attracted to white people.

White people however have to make up the craziest stuff, fund scientific studies, come of with race theories and pass laws to handle it when they find themselves attracted to Black people.

This is probably because of a social stigma that has most white people thinking of Blacks as inferior not even an actual Racial difference either. Even the people among Caucasian culture who Jock Black people have to invent racial dominance theories and other such non sense to rationalize simply offering people of another race respect.

It's kind of sad really that Caucasians have been made to feel so badly about themselves if you ask me...

Fortunately I grew up in a Black neighborhood and never had to watch them on TV and build all sorts of bizarre misconceptions in my head and stereo types my whole life until convinced they were facts

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

It's a good post but this question:

So, what do you think, has slavery actually benefited todays African American in a way?

Is wrong!

I don't think anyone would benefit as a slave!!!

BTW Are there any Black participants in Winter Sports? Winter Olympics? Ice Skaters? Slalom Skiers? Snowboarders?

I don't recall seeing any but then again i havn't watched it for a while...

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
im not a racist either, as a black male can be a dominant force in the sports industry, let us not for get the gang banger mentality also...

Stats are stats..... if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, and does drive buys like a common street thug, chances are its a black teen...

just the truth folks...sorry, anyone can check those facts...long live ATS and the truth!!!!!!

bet this post gets flagged!!!!!

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
It annoys me how ignorant Americans are about Africa. You all seem to be under the false impression that Africa is just one big drought plain with starving children lying around with flies buzzing round them. You probably think this way because of all the images you saw of the Ethiopian famine in the 80s's and 90's and the Sudan famine etc.

NOT ALL OF AFRICA IS LIKE THIS.

Yes, there is and has been poverty and famine and wars in Africa, however of the 53 countries in Africa the majority as of now are STABLE, some are even beginning to prosper.

Go to North Africa - Tunisia, Morocco, Egypt. Go on safari in Kenya. Go to prospering nations such as Angola, Mauritania or Mozambique. Go to the amazing islands of the Seychelles or Cape Verde. Check out West Africa - Nigeria, Ghana, Cote d'Ivoire - yeah they may not meet your fat ass American standards but I guarentee your mis-conceptions of African way of life will be shattered.

Returning to the original point of the thread - slavery has nothing to do with African-American "dominance" in sport. With regards to successful African-American/British/Carribean sprinters - that is down to genetics and much better training programmes, coaches, diets etc that are available to Africans.

I guarentee that if all the West African countries were 1st world countries, they too would dominate sprinting, NFL, NBA etc. The reason you don't see any Togolese or Ghanaian NFL players is BECAUSE NOBODY OUTSIDE OF AMERICAN GIVES A # ABOUT AMERICAN SPORTS. Africans play and excel in football/soccer, as do South Americans, Europeans etc. Because there is more to football/soccer than being strong and being able to run fast, Africans don't "dominate" (although many of the top players in the world are African) this sport like they would NFL for example.

Slavery has nothing to do with it at all.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by Lurch]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
@ stevegmu

They might actually do well in school if there were equal playing fields when it comes to learning curriculum/exams, learning materials and resources, proper funding and people willing to explore how poverty hinders social mobility.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by EyesWideShut

Oh great, next we get the Protocols of the Elders of Zion, right?

Any evidence that any of this actually appears in the Talmud?

Or is it just NAZI chain-letter BS?

When did ATS turn into Stormfront, was I asleep?

[edit on 9/15/09 by xmotex]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
reply to post by EyesWideShut

Oh great, next we get the Protocols of the Elders of Zion, right?

Any evidence that any of this actually appears in the Talmud?

Or is it just NAZI chain-letter BS?

When did ATS turn into Stormfront, was I asleep?

[edit on 9/15/09 by xmotex]

It was around the time this happened...

Originally posted by jester1211
How about the fact that many blacks (and notice I said many) have no career goals or any aspirations to do anything to further their career goals, and therefore have an exorbitant amount of time to focus on much less important things such as sports.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join