It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't call me a racist until you read the whole OP

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by cenpuppie

Thank you cenpupie, I guess it goes to show that issues involving race are very provocative. The posters on this thread are very divided, I even had a Moderator u2u me saying I was wrong and he should move this thread to skunkworks! I just hope no one was seriously offended.

I'm no geneticist, or evolutionary scientist, and I have admitted already that my origionally theory was flawed. However, in my last post I linked an article from an African American professor from the University of Columbia who proposed a similar theory. I just wanted to have an open discussion about a theory.

Thanks for the support
-E-

[edit on 16-9-2009 by MysterE]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

Has your research yielded anything pertaining to slavery contributing to health issues in the African American community? An example of this would be the diets of slaves and if their diets contributed to an increase of diabetes or high blood pressure.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

I think eating at McDonald's 3 times a day does that, not slavery.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

I havn't looked into that.But what I can tell you is the more I research the topic the less I think evolution had to do with it. It was most likely due to the selection process by the slave traders (i.e. the strong survive). So whatever coorelation there is between African Americans would probably go back to their evolution in Africa.

-E-

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

You would know my friend, you would know.

reply to post by MysterE

These links may help you. stevegmu can only provide comedy factor, nothing more.

www.reparationsthecure.org...
www.scienceagogo.com...

[edit on 16-9-2009 by EMPIRE]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Yeah i could agree that blacks are more "athletic" than us white folk..

but in the same breath i can then tell you that instead of my white forefathers using "brawn" and "muscle" they used their "brains"

so while blacks evolved physically, the white race evolved mentally and became even smarter.

so blacks might be more athletic, but whites are definitely smarter than your average black person..

oh, and as you said

i am not racist.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

Shocker, a site advocating reparations blames slavery for everything. Poor eating causes diabetes and hypertension, not stress over slavery. Didn't L. Farrakhan have a theory stating Jewish scientists in collusion with the US government came up with a drug that was put in Church's fried chicken which got black people addicted to it, so they would end up with heart disease? Maybe that's the real cause.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Click both links, read them consider the empirical evidence contained within them, and stop relying on fallacies to support your blatent hatred for black people.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SkitzoFrenic

so while blacks evolved physically, the white race evolved mentally and became even smarter.

There is no such thing as "smarter". Intelligence, like other things is mere perception. But then again, i don't think you know about Benjamin Banneker.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by cenpuppie

your obviously not the smartest either seeing as you can't sense the sarcasm intended...

There are many white bodybuilders who are far stronger and better built than some black bodybuilders, in fact, there are more white olympic bodybuilding champions than there are black ones...

in fact the strongest man in the world...voted twice in 2007 and 2008 is a white man by the name of Mariusz Pudzianowski

others:

Phil Pfister - 2006

Mariusz Pudzianowski again in 2005

Vasyl Virastyuk - 2004

they are all white and rated the worlds strongest men of their time..

Smartest people in the world
Steven Hawking
Chris Langan
Sir Issac Newton
Albert Einstein
Nikola Tesla

in fact here is a list

hem.bredband.net...

98% of them are white

oh

and i am not racist, i am simply providing facts...

same as the OP says he has done..

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

I see. Saying black people get diabetes and heart disease from eating at McDonald's 3 times a day is racist. Have you ever listened to a black radio station that broadcasts in a city? Or watched a tv channel that caters to black-oriented programing? If so, note the large amount of McDonald's commercials, and how they cater to urban residents.
The 1st link is from a reparations site, so is garbage. Scienceagogo is a joke.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Stylez

For all the years I have been visiting this website, I have never read so many blatant ignorant statements. Black people noses are broad because they were forced to breathe extra oxygen during slavery? The majority of white people give themselves to much credit in this world, leading to a demented state of arrogance.

You are not God, you are not creator, you only wish to claim all things in nature as existing in their current state because of the anglo-saxon's"enlightenment" of the world, "taming savages" like dogs . Black people existed with these attributes long before what is termed "white man" came into the picture. History goes to the victor, and therefor acknowledged history could be a two faced liar. Is this why Napoleon who massacred african slaves on the island of haiti shot the nose off the Sphinx.

I guess with his demented arrogance he did not like the broad nose figure, and had a hissy fit.
African americans have low intelligence because they were bred to be physically fit? Nice job
I guess this is the reason why their have been many african american inventors but somehow the only black inventor George Washington Carver pops up in text books as inventing peanut butter, even though he didn't but did so much greater that is not mentioned, if mentioned at all.

Someone stated black people did not go back to Africa because they found more benefits in staying in America? Research Marcus Garvey, and his back to Africa movement that was sabotaged by the good o American government.
And besides where would african americans return to in Africa. Despite the "ignorant" race comments on this board, Africa is a continent, not a country. After stripping away black people sense of self-identification with their country they became lost not knowing where they come from. So how would they know where to return. Besides many parts of Africa were still white governed colonies so they would just be going back to the same situation. Has everybody forgotten what happened when a large amount of Jews were returned to "their homeland" and forgot how the locals took the news.

And once again white people still have the habit of categorizing black people in terms of cattle such as saying black americans were bred, stereotyping blacks behavior as "expected", and stating black people are the product of white people. I know many white people disagree with the out of africa theory, quickly gulping down "evidence" humanity evolved in Russia and navigated to Africa without doing reasonable research, but stop trying to claim control over all the devices of God that existed long before the pride and arrogance of the anglo-saxon.

And why are their always topics focusing on black people, or revolving around understanding the way black people behave, sought of similar to studying rodents in a lab. At one point I just stopped coming to this website because it was becoming evermore rapidly irrational. People statements are all over the place connectiong from A to J to smiley face.
According to this method of reasoning many ridiculous conclusions can be made based on observation such as 1. Asian people eyes have a slit because they did long meditations in such things such as focusing or prayer therefor their eyes evolved to meditate even with their eyes open.2. Native americans are red because of continually painting themselves in baffalo blood, to ambush american settlers. 3. White people skin is white because they have calcified pineal glands from inbreeding with one another resulting in them having no spirituality or rhythm with nature hating mainly black people because they are the norm in nature such as photosynthesplants . 4. Arabs wear those special hats on their heads to hide explosives to commit terrorism.
I support the OP and everyone in speaking their opinion, but don't take assumptions as absolute fact. :

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
This is my final say, and thank goodness. And according to this theory black people who are products of 400 years of physical slavery should psychologically as well adept to this harsh environment. So maybe descendants of the trans Atlantic slave trade developed an sense of displaced animosity towards their oppressors inscribed upon their dna from years of being tortured by a slave master. And guess what, this slave master had distinctive traits that the black person uses to discriminate between hostile and neutral, since this is a characteristic of "evolution".

This country wouldn't even exist if it wasn't for the trans Atlantic slave trade. Those inheritances and nepotism is to ensure a caste system becomes a economical caste system. Have any of you heard about the major cash crops such as tobacco, and cotton that were popular back during slavery? Do any of you know about the many structures built in america that were built by african slaves. Then every time black people tried forming their own communities such as Rose Wood to not be a burden to the white man, white people follow behind and burn the town because of a twisted fear of karma coming, and pure hatred. Maybe if these european american "settlers" weren't so busy persecuting black people, and too lazy to work the land then every black person would just be sitting in Africa dying of aids, poverty, hunger, malaria, war, and as many posters stated.

Well I guess since black people have been in African for thousands of years in Africa dying of aids, poverty, hunger, malaria, and war black people shouldn't exist. Why is black people in Africa pushed to the brink of destruction as soon as they come into contact with white people, not to mention many destroyed civilizations in south america, austrialia (aboriginals), certain asian countries, north american, animal species, plant species and the earth itself. I mentioned this since everyone wants to blame everybody else for their problems.

Besides did any of you know the first person depicted as getting shot in the boston massarce was black, and their was a substantial amount of black people who fought in the american revolution as well as every other american war. Talk about pride and utter arrogance to take credit for all existence, even proclaiming ones self as God. Then white people get agitated when anyone tries to challenge their Caste System of white supremacy over the world today, regulating black people to the bottom, asians in the middle, and white people over all. If anyone denies this caste system exists today then either they support it, or are genuinely ignorant to the world around them.

But alas God always waits until the pride of the deceitfully wicked in heart to come grow bold enough to outright challenge him then the judgment comes down. Well I guess this is the punishment of God's chosen people in Deuteronomy 28, for disobeying God, and wanting a king like the other nations to rule over them. Well black people (hebrews got their wish) and still are suffering the curses of Deuteronomy 28, and even a white historian named John Gill supported this in the 1800's, and wondered how black people managed to survive the trans alantic slave trade. Alas one curse was their will be no remembrance of you, therefor the victor decides history, and who constitutes their version of history. Basically why is everyone so fixated on categorizing black people into this small stereotypical bandwith on this website with threads ranging from Obama and black people getting revenge on white people, to threads making excuse for a white supremacy caste system existing in order to tame black people for our own benefit.
P.S What is with the I am a black person, and I have black friends comments? I hold this in no regards in determining your cuddly loving openess with having black friends, because you can be black and have black friends yet support racism. It is actually not funny even though you may find it so.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu
reply to post by MysterE

Would you agree the average American has a better life than the average African? If I were black, I'd thank my lucky stars for slavery. After all, I'm here, not starving, fighting off malaria, or dying of AIDS in Africa.

Yeah because we all know the whole continent of Africa is AIDS infested and war torn. There are no signs of modern civilization in Africa.

Those slaves were so lucky to be kidnapped, taken from their homeland, and forced to be nothing but animals on their new "home-land"

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I understood the OP, I agree he isn't trying to be racist etc. But I disagree that slavery was beneficial for black african american. I dont think it helped in anyway for their mproved performance in sports. The reason I say that is because Slavery was done in America but you are posting examples of countries like Kenya and Ethipia.

Even if hypothetically african american did get a better metabolism due to the labor work it has no direct link with improved performance of people in Kenya. So either you dont link slavery with improved metablosim and only link physical movements/exercise and strain of body which is required for every sportsman allover the world or you should only talk about US athletes who are black if you want to relate the slavery angle.

You cannot mix both angles for 1 theory in my opinion.
Most of the african american who went as slaves to America stayed there itself after slavery was abolished and those who returned you will have to agree they themselves wont change physically even if we consider your hypothetical theory, it's their generation and generation which will be affected. But these traits are in native african and other black humans from before than.

Thirdly, if we consider your theory then also not all black people allover the world were turned into slaves only a very very small portion of black people suffered thru it in comparison with black people allover the world. But the physical traits you speak of are similar in a country for everyone.

I do agree with the thing that physically black humans are more better built with more stamina and physical superiority than white humans. It can be nature's doing but certainly not slavery.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Again, you need to refer to my previous post because you're on loop playback and repeating the same fallacious venom you usually do.

Here you go buddy, the following will explain your actions.
-------------------------

Description of Poisoning the Well

This sort of "reasoning" involves trying to discredit what a person might later claim by presenting unfavorable information (be it true or false) about the person. This "argument" has the following form:

Unfavorable information (be it true or false) about person A is presented. Therefore any claims person A makes will be false.

This sort of "reasoning" is obviously fallacious. The person making such an attack is hoping that the unfavorable information will bias listeners against the person in question and hence that they will reject any claims he might make. However, merely presenting unfavorable information about a person (even if it is true) hardly counts as evidence against the claims he/she might make. This is especially clear when Poisoning the Well is looked at as a form of ad Homimem in which the attack is made prior to the person even making the claim or claims. The following example clearly shows that this sort of "reasoning" is quite poor.
-------------------------

Description of Ignoring a Common Cause

This fallacy has the following general structure:

A and B are regularly connected (but no third, common cause is looked for). Therefore A is the cause of B.

This fallacy is committed when it is concluded that one thing causes another simply because they are regularly associated. More formally, this fallacy is committed when it is concluded that A is the cause of B simply because A and B are regularly connected. Further, the causal conclusion is drawn without considering the possibility that a third factor might be the cause of both A and B.

In many cases, the fallacy is quite evident. For example, if a person claimed that a person's sneezing was caused by her watery eyes and he simply ignored the fact that the woman was standing in a hay field, he would have fallen prey to the fallacy of ignoring a common cause. In this case, it would be reasonable to conclude that the woman's sneezing and watering eyes was caused by an allergic reaction of some kind. In other cases, it is not as evident that the fallacy is being comitted. For example, a doctor might find a large amount of bacteria in one of her patients and conclude that the bacteria are the cause of the patient's illness. However, it might turn out that the bacteria are actually harmless and that a virus is weakening the person, Thus, the viruses would be the actual cause of the illness and growth of the bacteria (the viruses would weaken the ability of the person's body to resist the growth of the bacteria).

As noted in the discussion of other causal fallacies, causality is a rather difficult matter. However, it is possible to avoid this fallacy by taking due care. In the case of Ignoring a Common Cause, the key to avoiding this fallacy is to be careful to check for other factors that might be the actual cause of both the suspected cause and the suspected effect. If a person fails to check for the possibility of a common cause, then they will commit this fallacy. Thus, it is always a good idea to always ask "could there be a third factor that is actually causing both A and B?"
------------------------

[edit on 17-9-2009 by EMPIRE]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkitzoFrenic
Yeah i could agree that blacks are more "athletic" than us white folk..

but in the same breath i can then tell you that instead of my white forefathers using "brawn" and "muscle" they used their "brains"

so blacks might be more athletic, but whites are definitely smarter than your average black person..

oh, and as you said

i am not racist.

You have to be hitting that pipe. In my engineering class, why do I have to help whites with structural calculations? According to you, shouldn't it be the other way around?

We are all born with a predefined amount of intelligence, many of us can and do grow beyond our confines? We all wonder am I more intelligent than him? Is she more of a genius than me?

I can put many mechanical devices and equipment together without looking at the schematics surely that makes me a genius? Are asking these questions a sign of intellect, genius or ignorance of what intelligence is.

BTW, don't you know you start a sentence with a capital letter, 'I" is capitalized also. This is why your statement is ridiculous, if you are going to claim to be smarter that a certain race, show it.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by Eight]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by kj6754

That's almost an accurate portrait of most of Africa.

I never said the slaves were the lucky ones. Today's black American descendants of slaves are.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
It would seem to me that the evolution process would take much longer than the time slavery has been around.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
One of the finest women I have had the honor of knowing was of Watusi heritage, She was Africa black,her family immigrated here, legally.
She served in the USMC and retired as a D.I..
She kept her military manner, stayed in shape, and made friends everywhere she went.
I've known hardcore racists grudgingly admit they had to admire her.
Never late or missing from work.
Attended church on Sunday, she was a devoted Christian.
Her parents had a very dim view of american blacks, I guess it rubbed off on her, she kept to white society, and nobody ever felt that she was out of place.
She was Martin Luther King's Dream.
I don't think the OP was being racist.
I think the OP wished to raise some issues about which the OP had questions, or felt that perhaps concepts and observations were creating a Zeno's paradox across generations.
Books addressing differences between black people and white people were very different 150 years ago, and recent literature has had a PC slant which the OP had observed was at odds with personal experience.
And so a lite discourse was entered into in hopes of greater understanding.
The truth lies between the blue sky and the tempest, and in every difference betwixt the two.
Know thyself, and to thine own self be true, for then it follows as surely as the night the day, thou can be false to no man (peer pressure counts though).
One Love.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join