It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't call me a racist until you read the whole OP

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

The evidence for slave-time eugenics and selective breeding in correlation to athleticism is evident in the statistics. If African Natives are equally on par athletically to African Americans, why aren't Native Africans scouted and brought to America? Baseball does it with the Puerto Ricans and Japanese! Soccer scouts all around the world. If Native Africans are just as good in sports as African Americans, why aren't African nations dominating the Olympics other than running? Consistently and on average, Native Africans, Whites, Asians, Arabs, or Hispanics can not compete with the African Americans in Football, Basketball, and Boxing.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Now you are picking and choosing your arguments. Ignoring parts of the argument to focus on other points that you can still try to argue. This is typical of letting emotions blind you.

Your original argument was concerning my words: These African slaves were considered sub-human by the "white man." Prove to me and provide evidence that the "white man" during slave times only treated "colored" slaves as sub-human. Prove to me the "white man" treated freemen of color with equality and freedom. If you can not, then please stop debating the point.

You can review my post, but this is my FIRST observation to what you posted:

So it was only the "white man" who was responsible for the disgusting practice of slavery?

'Picking and choosing'? Seriously? I have brought this point up now twice and you're the one who is not addressing it.

Second point worth re-mentioning:

Slavery is evil, but don't start blaming one race over another, that's pretty ignorant to history.

edit on 18-11-2010 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Hmmm I don't know that they don't scout them. Or if there maybe are reasons why they don't participate in the olympics could have more to do with them being more worried about survival and not actually playing sports because of the lack of finances and security?

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I DID address your point of: "So it was only the "white man" who was responsible for the disgusting practice of slavery?"

No. The point was "sub-humanism." Slavery was practiced all over the world. But it was the whites that went as far as to consider the entire race as sub-human. Arabs, Africans, and Asians all had slaves at some time, but it was only the white man that treated "colored" slaves and "colored" freemen as the same. Arabs, Africans, and Asians held slaves on an individual level, or as a conquest of war, but they didn't treat all people as sub-human, only the particular slaves. To the white man it did not matter if one was free or if one was a slave.... a black was sub-human and had no rights, no protection, and no equality even if he was a free man.

If the subject offends or embarrasses you so much, then keep pretending like it all never happened. While you're at it go burn all of the books dealing on the subject. Go rewrite history and make everyone forget the truth. I'm not espousing racism, I'm simply stating what happened in history.

If you are going to keep arguing a false point and inaccuracies, I will not engage you on this subject any further. The thread is about correlating eugenics and selective breeding during slavery to create a more physically strong human. If you have nothing to add besides inaccurate argument based on emotion, I am done debating you.

edit on 11/18/10 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

And for your second point of "Slavery is evil, but don't start blaming one race over another, that's pretty ignorant to history.

Did I ever say slavery was not evil? I agree it's a horrid practice. Did I blame white people for slavery? No. I simply illustrated the evidence that here in America the white founders considered all "colored people" as subhuman. Evident through forced selective breeding, slavery, segregation, and lack of protection / freedom / equality / rights.

You, in your posting; have proved my words to be accurate in my initial reply:

From this thread I guess society isn't really ready to debate this topic without jumping the gun to racism.

Man, I'm done with you. Seriously. I will not reply to you anymore in regards to this thread at all. Say what you wish but I will not respond. I can not debate facts against emotions. Go wallow in your denial of history, and your inability to debate sensitive subjects without letting your emotions blind you to the debate at hand.

I am appalled by your denial of American history, and even more appalled by the fact you let emotions blind you in intellectual debate.

May Peace be upon you.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I only had to read the title of this thread to know that the OP is a racist. Anyone who has to preface their statements with "I'm not a racist" or something to that affect, is a racist.

This is always the case. And this case, is closed.

(no, I did not read your post, I did not need to).

UPDATE: I'm back, just read the OP's entire post. Yup, you are racist by way of ignorance. You are trying to justify racism with science, this is often referred to as eugenics.
edit on 18-11-2010 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

I have also considered lack of financing in the continent of Africa, and the fact that they may or may not be as interested in sports as African Americans. This is where I drew the conclusion of international scouting.ascots develop raw talent and raw potential all the time. But I do not see wide-scale African scouting in Basketball, [American] Football, or Baseball. Soccer [Football] and Running yes, but not the sports that are in higher demand of physical strength versus endurance.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

So you are implying that selective breeding to produce desired traits is not viable or possible? Not in breeding plants or animals? Not in cattle, domestic pets, the creation of corn, or selective breeding in flowers?

History is ugly. But truth and fact is slave owners and slave traders in America did use forced selective breeding to create stronger slaves, and to create slaves with increased reproductive capacity.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join