It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't call me a racist until you read the whole OP

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

The African American was forced

You make my point for me... "key word" FORCED

would require the BODY to ADAPT correct? or does evolution not apply to humans?

oh i forgot your special and fruit flies are just well.. flies?

i really do wonder how much people read about the subject be for they post such nonsensical arguments ..

and just let me add to this ...

the word be for American is AFRICAN

This place is ABOVE 1000 METERS OF SEA LEVEL now i do not know if you understand what SEA level MEANS..

but its like LESS AIR get me?

try climbing up a hill/ mount Kenya running out of breath.. because living IN Africa and going to the united states would be like some one SITTING on your chest

CONSTANTLY

you go to Africa? its like SOMEONE SUFFOCATING YOU

key word here OXYGEN

take more time to do science and not talk rubbish

[edit on 15-9-2009 by symmetric Avenger]

[edit on 15-9-2009 by symmetricAvenger]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Funny thing is I never called you an idiot, unless you're confusing your post with mine

Originally posted by MysterE
reply to post by Petchy29

You missed the point way beyond what I would image, so I will add this disclaimer for idiots like you.

-E-

I dont think I missed your point at all. I think you just dont realise how offensive your thread is , which is fine since you opened up a discussion about it. Slavery was a whole lot more than just working against your will so when you asked if it benefited African Americans today(and you did) don't be surprised if some people are outraged.

You might want to get better sources than wiki and keep an open mind to opposing views instead of getting defense.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

For the longest time folks with this mentality thought that black folk couldn't golf or play tennis either ... god forbid become president.

What a bunch of nonsense the whole premise of this thread is ... based on selective scientific tidbits to put together a preconceived theory. A narrow interpretation of misunderstood science and pseudo-science without regard for countless short and long variables such as social, economic, and historical dynamics. Not to mention a total lack of grasp of evolutionary science.

As far as hypothesis go, this one really scrapes the bottom.

[edit on 15 Sep 2009 by schrodingers dog]

Well I dunno about that shrod, how many Blacks were allowed to even enter a golf course? The slave trade was operated just like any other business where prime pysiques got stud fees and passed on genetic advantages those traders saw as profitable attributes where the genes expression has a better than average chance of becoming fixed when directed by a breeder and forced to pro-create with a complimentary female. I mean you can get a vast difference in Dogs just by matching temprament. Oh and does anyone really have a "good grasp" of evolution? I haven't been convinced Dawkins even knows what he is talking about.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   

I as you can see come from BOTH sides of this coin.. and i do not find his / her question BAD ?

he / she is asking if the slavery that DID happen did in fact impact on a number of people who happen to be BLACK and come from AFRICA ?

i do not see how this question can be offensive?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Petchy29

I dont think I missed your point at all. I think you just dont realise how offensive your thread is , which is fine since you opened up a discussion about it. Slavery was a whole lot more than just working against your will so when you asked if it benefited African Americans today(and you did) don't be surprised if some people are outraged.

You might want to get better sources than wiki and keep an open mind to opposing views instead of getting defense.

Petchy, do blacks today enjoy and have benefits they would not have had if not for slavery. Yes or No?

That doesn't mean it justifies it, it just means their was benefits that resulted from it and that isn't the OP's fault nor is it fair for you to imply this as some twisted idea of racism and if someone is offended by it. It isn't like we brought slaves here so Michael Jordan could help the bulls win for Chicago. Even if they did know, are YOU suggesting the OP is saying the end justifies the means?

get off her neck

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Stylez

you make very valid points .. and ill show you why

Human trafficking was not restricted by the colour of your skin by no means.. so lets take the race card out of play please..

But the fact that SO many BLACK people was used as the commodity of the day IS a key factor in this as you point out..

They was BRED like DOGS for a reason "work hard" its not funny nor can one deny our own history but its true...

it does not MATTER if you are WHITE or BLACK the facts are just clear and we have evolution as its point correct?

Yes the fact that people was taken from one place to another is key "environment" the systematic breeding of the given people is also a factor as well..

The result of this would inherently give rise to changes in the body in order to adapt..

just because we are talking about humans, black white or any other creed makes not one jot..

The op is only pointing out the changes that can and HAVE arose due to many factors and one of them happens to be the slave trade of Africans to the united stated and other places around the world "yes more so the USA"

I being of 2 "so called races" white and black can not see any reason to label this OP as racist based on what he / she is trying to point out

if anything its about the understanding of ones environment and the effects it has on the evolution of the species as a whole.

people wish to put it in a box BLACK AND WHITE.. well do i look BLACK? do I LOOK WHITE?

feel free to stick a label on me... because doing so results in the very thing people on ATS resent

DENY IGNORANCE

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Eight

So instead of learning from each other we should automatically disregard any opposing views? We should only comment if we completely agree with the OP or learn see it his way? Brilliant!

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   

what he is saying is misunderstanding of the subject is key..

I once told someone who posted on here about OMG Jupiter had just blown up..

only to find out the person who in fact made the post did not even know that Jupiter was a gas giant ?

funny yes stupid VERY lack of education AMAZING

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stylez

Wow dude, I almost wish that was me you tried to pull that with because I would'nt have a problem saying it and you wouldn't be able to superimpose your idea of what I really am hiding about my evil side.

What am I trying to pull and what dont you have a problem saying? You reading too much into what I said and misunderstanding me. I never said or implied that the OP was hiding some evil side. Makes me wonder why you took it so personally. Please lose the aggressive confrontational tone("Wow, dude, I almost wish that was me you tried to pull that with..") and dont call me "dude" I dont have the parts.

Fact is, what if their was benefits to bringing blacks here? What if their is a silver lining in all that injustice done? What if many Black athletes making millions today because of slavery yesterday?

You talk as if our Government gave them a Boat ride ticket to go back to africa back then, they would have been jumping at the chance to get the hell out of here. Fact is many had that very opportunity and for some reason, they saw more "benefits" in staying here.

I never said that there were or weren't any benefits of slavery. I was disgusted that the OP seemed to be implying that improved athleticism was a benefit but wouldnt come out and say it. Exactly how many blacks are making millions because of slavery? A few hundred maybe and that would be an exaggeration. They had an opportunity to return home? Really? Its good to know a couple hand full of people makes up for slavery.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by symmetricAvenger

I as you can see come from BOTH sides of this coin.. and i do not find his / her question BAD ?

he / she is asking if the slavery that DID happen did in fact impact on a number of people who happen to be BLACK and come from AFRICA ?

i do not see how this question can be offensive?

To me, the OP seemed to be saying that thanks to the horrors and slavery African Americans are great at sports as if a select group of people being good at sports makes up for everything. As if it was almost a favor to them to be enslaved. Plus the OP's sources weren't exactly scientific. Not everyone will be offended by the same things and not everyone will feel the same as I do. None of that matters as long as we try to listen and learn from each other.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Interesting debate, especially regarding the evolutionary theory. I understand that some changes take hundreds of years while some as stated earlier can happen in one generation.

I think that people generally fit the climate or the environment in which they live or originate from, having being created from the parents of the same geographical locations. Africans are indeed strong and many have a larger lung capacity than say Europeans. This is also found in the North of Scandinavia, the Norse like their ancestors the Vikings are huge strong and rugged men, which obviously suits their environment.

I am not sold on the slavery part of the theory but it is a subject to be looked into non the less. We, like other species on this earth adapt to suit our needs - genetics and evolution should advance to help us excel.

I think the OP raises a strong point and it should not be dismissed so readily. I remember a scientist, forgive me I have forgotten who but im sure someone here will know, conducted a study that resulted in him concluding that black people could not be more intelligent than white people due to the genetic make up. Whether this was accepted or not im not sure, I do know that it was very controversial though.

What I think we should take from this is that we all have our strengths and weaknesses and when we start to learn to embrace them rather than shun them then humanity will take great leaps forward.

Peace

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Petchy, do blacks today enjoy and have benefits they would not have had if not for slavery. Yes or No?

That doesn't mean it justifies it, it just means their was benefits that resulted from it and that isn't the OP's fault nor is it fair for you to imply this as some twisted idea of racism and if someone is offended by it. It isn't like we brought slaves here so Michael Jordan could help the bulls win for Chicago. Even if they did know, are YOU suggesting the OP is saying the end justifies the means?

get off her neck

I'm not arguing whether or not there are benefits. The fact that we're considering that there might be benefits is the part that unsettles me. I wasnt implying that the thread was racist, I just think its funny that whenever someone is about to say something offensive or thinly veiled racism(not referring to the OP) they usually say "I'm not racist" or "I have blacks". I dont think fairness to the OP has any place in this discussion, although I try to be, since the started this thread knowing the consequences of a discussion of a topic like race. I'm not suggesting that the OP is saying that the end justifies the means and I dont see the point in getting off her since she opened this up for discussion. What would be the point in ATS if not to learn from each other?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
Originally posted by Eight

Hate to break it to you but there aren't many swimming pools either in the projects or in Somalia.

For the longest time folks with this mentality thought that black folk couldn't golf or play tennis either ... god forbid become president.

What a bunch of nonsense the whole premise of this thread is ... based on selective scientific tidbits to put together a preconceived theory. A narrow interpretation of misunderstood science and pseudo-science without regard for countless short and long variables such as social, economic, and historical dynamics. Not to mention a total lack of grasp of evolutionary science.

Exceptions don't make the rule. Golf is different, you have blacks that play golf but can't dunk a basket ball or run a marathon. Tennis is different that golf. Look how many black tennis players their are and that have won.

You are talking apples and oranges, so show me all the blacks that have won the gold in the Olympics for swimming or synchronized swimming?

Show me the Asian that has won the gold for weight lifting or long distant running.

So let just face the facts.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by Eight]

[edit on 15-9-2009 by Eight]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   

No,what I mean it that the OP is saying over and over what he means and doesn't mean and to try and convince a person that just don't want to see it any other way is a waste of time.

I'm black and I don't even see it as being racist because it is not. It is fact and the way the world is. We need to stop seeing racism at every turn or when ever someone white says something about someone black...

Whites walk on enough eggshells as it is. The intentions of the OP is not racial in any shape form or fashion.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   

So instead of learning from each other we should automatically disregard any opposing views?

Which is exactly what you are doing. Rather than learning the truth, you disregard it

We should only comment if we completely agree with the OP or learn see it his way? Brilliant!

I see this tactic being used here so much it is making me ill.

First, NOTHING you have said in this post can be quoted as being said by anyone of us, YOU said all this, WE didn't.

Then after you assume we said the things we never said, YOU give an answer, we never gave.

Then when you don't like the answer we never said, you criticize it for being silly. So please use the quote method and copy paste the response in question as to your understanding of it but please make sure readers know this is how YOU interpret english.

If you ask it in the form of a question to us, please do not assume the answer for us, especially if all you are going to do is criticize it for being stupid. Their is a word for this kind of dialogue and it's called

a monologue.

It can be funny when commedians do it but the way you're doing it, only pisses people off.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   

I'm not arguing whether or not there are benefits. The fact that we're considering that there might be benefits is the part that unsettles me. I wasnt implying that the thread was racist, I just think its funny that whenever someone is about to say something offensive or thinly veiled racism(not referring to the OP) they usually say "I'm not racist" or "I have blacks". I dont think fairness to the OP has any place in this discussion, although I try to be, since the started this thread knowing the consequences of a discussion of a topic like race. I'm not suggesting that the OP is saying that the end justifies the means and I dont see the point in getting off her since she opened this up for discussion. What would be the point in ATS if not to learn from each other?

Yes I see people preface their arguments with disclaimers a lot around here, but most of that is to try and diffuse the very allegations you have presumed are the motive behind the OP's "real intention" in spite of her clarifying what they are, you insist and at this point, one can only know if they are a mind reader which I am certain you are not. So the benefit of the doubt must be granted OR it is YOU that starts becoming the focus of someone having issues and preconceived notions and ideas about people.

Ill give you an example:

What if I told you the OP is Black?

[edit on 15-9-2009 by Stylez]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Called selective breeding.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   

reply to post by schrodingers dog

so the point is SOME African Americans are what hitter wanted to make a supper race of humans

So not only did Hitler want to eradicate Jews , while he was at it he decided to turn black people into hotpockets? Thanks Hitler.... I always wanted to be the Main Course.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   

reply to post by OzWeatherman

people need to understand what the world RACE means.. its got bugger all to do with colour or culture..

its ABOUT SPECIES

Yeah , because we all know that Black People and White people aren't the same species.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   

I never said that there were or weren't any benefits of slavery. I was disgusted that the OP seemed to be implying that improved athleticism was a benefit but wouldnt come out and say it. Exactly how many blacks are making millions because of slavery? A few hundred maybe and that would be an exaggeration. They had an opportunity to return home? Really? Its good to know a couple hand full of people makes up for slavery.

I'm not reading into anything with the exception of the "dude" thing. The Op never said it was a benefit of slavery but a result of generations of slaves bred like livestock.

A few hundred maybe and that would be an exaggeration.

Wrong way to look at it, try how many sports are dominated by blacks and why.

They had an opportunity to return home? Really? Its good to know a couple hand full of people makes up for slavery.

Now you are accusing me of racism and I take it as a personal afront so KNOCK IT OFF! We have TOLD you this isn't about slavery nor was my comment anywhere CLOSE to suggesting a handfull getting to go home on a boat makes up for it did I! NO!

Do ya think the OP didn't want to come right out and say it has anything to do with the fact that maybe?? Just Maybe,, it is because the thought never OCCURRED TO HER???

No BUT it DID to you and believe it or not, we all don't think the way YOU DO. Just because that is the reason YOU would have made this thread whether you are ashamed of it, dislike people you see the same faults in yourself about it, what ever the reason, doesn't mean a damn thing.

If anyone is a racist, YOU ARE.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join