It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop killer severly beaten by police.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
If someone shoots me in the face - please dont beat him and please give him a Jury Trial.

Ok, and if he gets off.......then I guess thats to bad

No beating and no jail

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Haha, the statement about Gun owners made me laugh. Most people will own a gun for protection and will gladly use it if needed in SELF DEFENCE.

As for your comment about the death rate not acting as a deterrent, so what if it doesn't in the immediate future? It's preventing them committing further crimes so how is this a bad thing? I'm all for the death penalty If proven guilty 100% and I don't see any argument against it. If any member of my family killed someone, I would still agree with it.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

I don't carry a gun because I'm worried about getting into a gun fight.

I carry a gun because I don't want to miss the opportunity to get into a gun fight.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Originally posted by Exuberant1
If someone shoots me in the face - please dont beat him and please give him a Jury Trial.

Ok, and if he gets off.......then I guess thats to bad

That is the Price of Civilization.

You do not get it....

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
If a random person shoots me in the face.. please avenge my death.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by hikix

Some of you act tough but you wouldn't be able to take the hits yourself. He felt and others felt it was an injustice I'm sure, when you're accused of something wouldn't you want justice and fairness? Maybe getting beat for a parking ticket. Oh that's not fair you say? Well the person "got what they deserved". It's all relative.

No one is sinless and if they think so they're a fool.

[edit on 13-9-2009 by ghaleon12]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
"maybe getting beat for a parking ticket. Oh that's not fair you say? Well the person "got what they deserved". It's all relative."

Have your heard yourself? Your trying to compare a parking ticket and murder.

So in your world you'd have a £60 fine for murder?

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
If a random person shoots me in the face.. please avenge my death.

That is what the courts are for, not the police.

The law is reason free from passion - Aristotle

So many of you react with your gut instinct, with emotion and don't view this with any logic at all. The job of the police is to arrest, question, gather evidence and present that evidence to the lawyers. The lawyers present it to a jury who decide if the person is guilty. Then the judge, upon a guilty sentence decides the punishment (some could call this vengeance).

That is how the system has been designed to work. If we can all start beating people and getting away with it then lets just forget the courts shall we? The police in this situation were outside of their remit and should have been thoroughly prosecuted. If examples are not made then the abuses of power will get worse.

Amazing how people turn into barbarians so quickly.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
He is a murderer, I don't feel bad for him at all.

Hopefully he is someones boyfriend and was issued a set of knee pads.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I really think the police should be above such actions, and should have restraint, even when it's something as horrible as this. That said, I won't be shedding any tears for the guy, he does deserve worse, but the cops should have left it to the judge to dish out the sentence.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I have no issue with violence, violence occasionally does solve issues.
Hell, I'm down with some vigilantism too, if justified.

But, in my case, I would be proscecuted for taking the law into my own hands.
I would go to prison.
I would lose my wife and children.
I would lose my job, as well as my right to vote and carry a firearm.
I would be forced to rack up tens of thousands of dollars paying for my defense.

If the cops, not the fall, did this, then they broke the law, and should be prosecuted.

This is not about "defending" this p.o.s. that shot the cop, but about keeping cops in line with the law,
not above the law.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
This is all sickening. Horrible and vile human behavior at its best.

Now, since that's been stated I don't see the big deal. At some point people are not going to follow the books, and in the case that a man, probably a friend to many, was shot in the face in a court room in cold blood, can you really blame the cops who caught him? When that man's friends caught up with the guy WTF did people expect to happen. It's all sad and brutal, but tbh, the reason this was not investigated further or the police held responsible is the fact the "victim" SHOT A COP IN THE FACE IN A COURT OF LAW. The dirtbag was still breathing and walking under his own power, that's more than I would expect from a lot of police.

[edit on 13-9-2009 by VirginiaGreen]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
"He jumped from a 3rd story window"

Ummm, mabey his face broke the fall a little bit. I dont know anyone who is capable of doing that without suffering some damage,

[edit on 13-9-2009 by CaptainAmerica2012]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Sounds wonderful. I hope you aren't convicted of a crime if you have to shoot some guy in your house.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
To the person who told me I should learn about guns and how to use them....
. I laugh at you....my parents taught me how to be a man and stand on my own...no need to hide behind a weapon. I have trained in Hapkido since i was five...I am now 26. Sure someone might pull a gun on me...and there maybe nothing I can do, but what ya gonna do....if its your time to go it is your time to go. At least I would die calling myself a man...instead of pseudo-man ( one with a gun...lol). I have faced death...twice.....I have ben invovled in a car accident that claimed two of my cousins...and I have been knifed at a party...by some coward from behind at a party..and yet I am still here. Well god forbid your child or nephew decides to act like this idiot and shoot someone....would you still be yelling kill him, maim him or torture him.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   

I wouldn't laugh at them. Marksmanship is a valuable skill. On a bad day it's the difference between life and death.

There's plenty of instances of which it may not be simply in the street that some man pulls a gun on you.

What if a group of terrorists decided to start shooting up a mall, and there you are. Hiding in a corner. An officer goes down after he tries to pull his gun out and take one of them. The gun slides infront of you. You reach out grab it.. and as you do one of them turns around and aims. But you already are. But oh no! You forgot to remove the safety.

There's this myth that guns are for cowards.. that is true only if you are the one committing the crime.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Its sort of amusing since I think if something bad were to happen, it'd more likely happen to those that say "he got what he deserved" over someone who has more compassion. Like the saying An eye for an eye would make the world blind. You're going to get into a tussle with the wrong person eventually and they'll repay you in kind, they'll have the same attitude as you.

Reminds me of "Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:" Luke 6:37

[edit on 14-9-2009 by ghaleon12]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by hikix

After killing a cop in front of other cops like that, he is damn lucky he was able to walk at all. I know in some areas of the country, he woulda had an 'accident'. He really should consider himself a lucky man.

Chrono

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj

I wouldn't laugh at them. Marksmanship is a valuable skill. On a bad day it's the difference between life and death.

There's plenty of instances of which it may not be simply in the street that some man pulls a gun on you.

What if a group of terrorists decided to start shooting up a mall, and there you are. Hiding in a corner. An officer goes down after he tries to pull his gun out and take one of them. The gun slides infront of you. You reach out grab it.. and as you do one of them turns around and aims. But you already are. But oh no! You forgot to remove the safety.

Well I dojn't know what I would do....what would the script say to do
. I don't live in movie land so the chances of what you are saying actually happening are pretty much nil. But since we are in imaginary land...I would use my bazookas on them....of course I would check the safety. I know about guns.....I just don't care to hide behind one thats all.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Ask the people killed in mumbai if they think that is a fantasy scene. I assure you they don't think so.

I'm simply suggesting that having the ability to operate a gun is a good thing to have.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join