It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop killer severly beaten by police.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
This is kinda old but i just saw it for the first time, I didn't know where to put it other than in current events. The video you will see is a man who was being questioned on the murder of an elderly woman. While being questioned, he managed to grab the officers gun, shoot him in the face, then jump out the building to get away. When the police finally found him...... well you'll see, i think he got what he deserved.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I would say he got what he deserved. Everyone there saw him kill the cop. I probably would have shot his penis off. Just for sport.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

I would love to know what the rest of his face looked like. If i was one of those cops and he did that to my partner I would have participated in that beating.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
He's Lucky to be alive , That's what happens when you shoot cops. This should sell many Level III retention holsters.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I remember the case, he shot a very well liked and highly respected detective in I think it was the Providence PD up in Rhode Island.

They made a mistake though, they let the bastard live. They should have gone all the way and made sure he was dead.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Don't you people have any respect for the rule of law? Innocent until proven guilty?

I guess not, you just want to shoot his penis off. Sick, absolutely sick.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I'm going to paraphrase one of the commentaries on the video.

"if it's determined that you are a bad enough person, there are all types of summary punishment the cops can inflict on you."

In general, that's a mighty slippery slope.

Anytime Law ENFORCEMENT becomes the executioner, there is going to be problems. Did this guys deserve it? In a Karmic sense, he probably did. Was it the Cops right to inflict judgement upon him? I really don't think so.

It's understandable, given our emotional nature, but it doesn't make it right.

I did find it interesting that when he came back in to the courtroom in the Hannibal the cannibal mask, that no part of the explanation for his injuries included the DIVE from a third story window. I don't care who you are, that's gonna leave a mark.

'Policy brutality!!' is what I'm assuming his mother was yelling as she was led from the courtroom. What a great testimony for how sometimes it is only the rights of the accused that seem to matter and not those of the victims.

No easy fix. Some people should not be in an open society and cops should have the restraint to not let their emotions get in the way of their jobs. When they react emotionally, and violently, they tarnish the reputations of ALL cops and risk allowing a dangerous criminal his freedom, through due process, by disregarding correct and legally substantiated procedures.

No winners.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Well, then everyone has the right to beat the crap out of anyone for any perceived injustice. I guess the cops get a special license for revenge where "civilians" are expected to rely upon the justice system or face charges. If they take matters into their own hands, it's called vigilanteism.

All parties committed heinous crimes. It's disgusting.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by muggl3z

I agree.

I would haven't taken him prisoner.

He would have made a grab for another gun, and this time he would have been killed in self-defense.

Justice.

Practicality.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I dont think that he should be allowed to live. anyone who has such little regard for life that they would kill someone just to escape deserves to die. He was just being questioned for the elderly woman's death, he selfishly kills an innocent man. There is no innocent until proven guilty, there is just guilty. i dont believe that it was police brutality. Put yourself in their shoes, a friend was just killed and you catch the killer, what would you do? Personally I wouldnt have been so merciful. I would have killed him slowly and painfully because nothing i could do to him physically could amount to the anguish he caused a family and community by being so selfish and taking an innocent life.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by EyesWideShut
Are you Slow or Stupid?!?!... Rule of law!?!? He shot a cop in the face in court in front of a judge!... You gotta be kidding me. You Sir are the reason the world is the way it is. What you wanna spend more taxpayer money on this animal?... The level of disregard of the law that he displayed by his actions is astonishing!

What applies there applies everywhere. If you don't stick up for rule of law you'll have none. The cops get no special pass (well, they shouldn't unless you like rule of men).

Do you perhaps feel that you are above things in such a way that condoning this could never come back at you? See, I don't just see that guy as the victim, I see myself potentially put in danger if I am in a misunderstood predicament and the cops feel a bit too comfortable in general doling out street justice. It isn't really about protecting a criminal, it's about protecting good people and seeing that justice is served fairly and lawfully.

Now, as I see it, the family has a right to take revenge for the revenge. Really though I do not condone perpetuating the violence.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

This wasn't a COP thing , this was a HUMAN thing. I PROMISE you If you shot one of my friends in the face you would not make it to see tomorrow! I don't know what is so hard to understand about that , If a guy is brazen enough to attempt to murder a cop IN COURT , He'd off you , your wife , and your kids without so much as a thought.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Oh my god, he shot someone in the face, in public, killing the man. Forget titles such as cop, or police, he killed another man in cold blood.

His family is all crying and yelling about the injustice done to him because the cops beat him up? What about the man who he shot in the face's family? This is the one time I will side with the police.

And that video HAS to be on the main stream media, they werent worried about describing what happened to the man he shot, they were more worried about how embarassing it was for him to wear that mask?! What the hell is up with society?!

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
it's such a touchy subject because I think everyone can agree that he deserved it, but taking the law into your own hands is unfair and dangerous no matter what the crime was.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I don't like perpetuating the violence either, so kill the SOB and it stops.

The rule of law is a good thing, overall. But the rule of law is frequently circumvented, twisted, sidestepped, and ignored by those who would desire to escape punishment.

We had a deal in Vietnam called the Chu Hoi program, and I'm not sure of the spelling. Under the Chu Hoi program, any VC or even NVA could yell "Chu Hoi!" and we were to take him into open arms as he just professed a change of sides.

We noted that only when cornered, wounded, or out of ammo did they start yelling "Chu Hoi!"

Being practical men, when one would yell "Chu Hoi," we'd take a look at his weapon, his magazines, the area surrounding him, and if we saw ANY evidence that he did so out of desperation, we'd take turns and take them out for a "walk."

Each time, they apparently escaped, as we never saw them again.

Practical justice.

Common sense.

Summary punishment can be a very efficient, very effective deterrent.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I don't see how you could put yourself in a position where you could be misunderstood to that extent. I Honestly don't know any other way to Interpret "Shooting a cop in the face in court" It's nothing close to jaywalking or a speeding ticket?!?... I dunno it seems like a pretty big leap to me

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeTan
His family is all crying and yelling about the injustice done to him because the cops beat him up? What about the man who he shot in the face's family? This is the one time I will side with the police.

Oh my god look what they did to my baby!! Meanwhile your baby is a cold-blooded killer who most likely killed the elderly woman and def. killed a cop.

Where was the cops family yelling at him when he entered the room, that they just killed their father/husband/brother??

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Personally, I don't think the police took it far enough. He still walked into the courtroom under his own power.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join