It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop killer severly beaten by police.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
Being practical men, when one would yell "Chu Hoi," we'd take a look at his weapon, his magazines, the area surrounding him, and if we saw ANY evidence that he did so out of desperation, we'd take turns and take them out for a "walk."
Each time, they apparently escaped, as we never saw them again.
Summary punishment can be a very efficient, very effective deterrent.
A deterrent to what? Attempting to surrender?

And is it OK for the enemy to summarily execute US POWs? A war crime is a war crime is a war crime. Stop making excuses.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

He killed just to be killing. I am advocating a proactive approach to stop more killing. He was in court for murdering somebody, then he murders somebody in court. What should we do? Give him cable tv, three meals a day, and celebrity status for the rest of his life? Yeah that will deter crime.

We need a national law that says when you commit a crime with a gun in your possession, that you get the death penalty if convicted and it will be carried out within 12 months.

Let's blame criminals for a change instead of legal gun owners, gun store owners, and gun manufacturers. Blaming anyone but the criminal will never solve the problem.

I do not want to hear any sob stories about getting the wrong man or appeals. We can make sure that all appeals are exhausted by putting these scum on the fast track and trying their appeals first. DNA and forensic testing would be carried out to ensure that we had the right man. All the mistaken identity cases have happened before modern forensics and DNA technology.

[edit on 9-13-2009 by groingrinder]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

All the mistaken identity cases have happened before modern forensics and DNA technology.
[edit on 9-13-2009 by groingrinder]

Actually, DNA is not infallible. It has been shown on another thread here that DNA can be manipulated under the right circumstance. In addition, whats to stop the boys in blue from planting it after the fact?..oh wait...nothing. They are above reproach because they swore an oath to uphold the law, which many break every day.

..ex

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by v3_exceed

It was not proven. It was alleged and debunked.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

The point of cops PLANTING DNA "evidence" at crime scenes has NOT been debunked.

The fact that DNA can be mistaken in the case of Identical twins and can be contaminated by the method of collection makes it a useful but not infallible method of identification.

..ex

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I dont think they took it to far either

I mean his injuries obviously healed didnt they....unlike the cop and the old woman he killed in cold blood

If I saw one of my friends gunned down like that, you can bet that if I caught the sucker that did that, he would get as just as good beating as this guy

Good on the cops....life in prison is almost to good for him

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Yeah, if you want my instinctual view, I agree that he piece of scum that should be taken off the streets permanently. Such an action proves beyond a reasonable doubt that the person is very dangerous to society. I just don't wish to foster the baser instincts in myself as a way of thinking and I definitely consider the injustice done to nonviolent people without repercussions in the name of the law that also leads to cops being injured or killed.

Things are no things in themselves. All is connected through a chain of cause and effect.

[edit on 9/13/2009 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
After viewing the video, I am curious on one point. He jumped out of a window and hit the ground. How much of his injuries were from the cops beating him and how much was from the fall. I agree that emotions ran too high, but to outright take, and kill without so much of remorse, what do you do with an individual like that. I can also understand the mothers screaming loudly about police abuse, though I am also curious to know how she views her child after he has done something to an elderly lady as well. Too many questions are here.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
I dont think they took it to far either

I mean his injuries obviously healed didnt they....unlike the cop and the old woman he killed in cold blood

yeah, at the end of the video you can see him sitting there and he looks completely fine.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

Human rights is what this country is based off. If you would like a more effective system that takes care of the thugs, I suggest taking residence in China.

Everybody should have the same rights, even the accused. Until of course they are convicted.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Seriously. What kind of sick mind cares one wit about this human garbage? The cops should have simply killed him. Or better yet, the families of the two murdered innocents.

reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by hikix

Originally posted by EyesWideShut : He shot a cop in the face in court in front of a judge!

Polarization lidar measurements of honey bees in flight for locating land mines

Originally posted by ChrisF231 : I remember the case, he shot a very well liked and highlyrespected detective in I think it was the Providence PD up in Rhode Island.

They made a mistake though, they let the bastard live. They should have gone all the way and made sure he was dead.

I recently located the 'central neuron' for peer-reviewed contrail papers : NASA Contrail Scientific Papers.

Originally posted by hikix :
    Oh my god look what they did to my baby!! Meanwhile your baby is a cold-blooded killer who most likely killed the elderly woman and def. killed a cop.

Where was the cops family yelling at him when he entered the room, that they just killed their father/husband/brother??

Originally posted by hikix : it's such a touchy subject because I think everyone can agree that he deserved it

Here's where I'd choose to step in and point out that the 'issue' of whether or not he 'deserved' a severe beating at the hands of the police upon his arrest has nothing to do with whether or not the police should or shouldn't have administered said severe beating ...

The 'real' issue, IMHO, is whether or not the police themselves should be charged with criminal breach of the public trust ... after all, they are the police, not judge, jury, nor executioner ...

They are being payed by public funds to 'arrest and detain' certain said individuals for certain other said breaches of the 'public trust' only -- and nothing more ...

If he is to receive a severe beating, then a jury of his peers is required to be empaneled to adjudicate said severe beating on him as lawful punishement for said crime of shooting a police officer in the face in the presence of a judge while in the judge's own courtroom ...

Whatever ... this is all getting so old, don't you think ?

To post a story like this here is just about expressing justification that the police can meet out severe beatings upon criminals, and concievably other generally unspecified 'non-judicial' punishements of an undiclosed nature, at their own discression ( as long as the majority of us agree with them ) upon citizens they have been directed to detain and arrest ...
Now, agreed ... shooting a cop in the face in the presence of a judge, and indeed in that judges own courtroom seems an exceedingly egregious offense both against the law, and implicitly against common decency as well ... but, I digress --

Originally posted by EyesWideShut :
    I don't see how you could put yourself in a position where you could be misunderstood to that extent. I Honestly don't know any other way to Interpret "Shooting a cop in the face in court" It's nothing close to jaywalking or a speeding ticket?!?... I dunno it seems like a pretty big leap to me

Originally posted by LeTan : he killed another man in cold blood.

But, I object !!

'Killing a man in cold blood' as you have so eloquently put it, is a thing soldiers do each and every day ... or, I suppose, depending on the circumstance, every hour ... every minute ... maybe even every second, of course, depending on your favorite offensive/defensive weapon of choice, perhaps even up to as many as 60 or a 100 or more per second and also depending, one would ultimately be forced to admit, on the availabitly of still moving targets ...

I remember posting, for instance, a short video of a 50-caliber dipolomatic limo-mounted 50-caliber gattling gun which purportedly can fire as many as ( *unclassified* ) 60-rounds persecond, amounting to a sustained firing rate, in short bursts anyway ( don't want the barrel to get so hot it begins to droop, since then the rounds don't go where you think they're going, not to mention that when the barrel reaches its pyroclastic regime ( temperature-wise that is ) then it all becomes a foolhardy exercise in self-anniahalation ) of 3600 rounds perminute ... think about it -- if there were enough 'bodies' present to hit only one, on average, with each round, then you would have a 'sustained' kill-rate of almost 4000-per-minute, for short bursts, anyway ( dont' want the barrel to droop, etc, etc ) it quickly rose to #1 on the video list at this board ... then was quietly deleted one night without warning or explaination ... certainly, if on average, each round could be expected to hit more than just only one body, then sustained kill rates ( for short bursts, anyway, since you don't want your barrel to droop, etc ... ) of a substantially higher number than just only 3600 per minute would certainly be achievable ( and have been ) ... but I digress ...

Of course, hardly anybody cares about that kind of stuff anymore.

Originally posted by groingrinder : I would say he got what he deserved. Everyone there saw him kill the cop. I probably would have shot his penis off. Just for sport.

And now, gentle and patient reader ... where am I going with all this ?

When they eventually come around with your specially prepared dose of vaccine, as all indications are they soon will, all of those who choose to decline said prophylactice medical treatment may very well be required to immediately, and without further delay, take up residence in 'quarantine' ... a nice little place in the forest somewhere ... there's a cheery thought ...

What will you do, and why ?

Originally posted by hikix :
    reply to post by groingrinder :
      I would love to know what the rest of his face looked like. If i was one of those cops and he did that to my partner I would have participated in that beating.

Originally posted by EyesWideShut : He shot a cop in the face in court in front of a judge!

I was not able to find Appleman's paper ( 1953 ) anywhere. Appleman's paper appears to be the seminal reference in contrail studies and I would like to see it. Does anyone have a link or a pdf ?

Polarization lidar measurements of honey bees in flight for locating land mines

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Being from the area perhaps I can shed some light on this... At the local barber shop an officer was screaming how the officer that did that to Carpio was a "monster". I also met a cat that actually hung with Carpio that said that he was a bonafied maniac that needed help... I do not defend his actions regardless of his mental faculties because the detective most certainly did NOT deserve his fate. The question I propose is... Deliberate evil is condemnable, but are these abominations that may not have that moral compass deserving of vigilante justice despite the obvious? I would personally be just as forgiving as the aforementioned officer but does that make it right?

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by hikix

He got what he deserved, and well to it. You can't go far enough when one of your own is shot in the face, no matter if you're a cop, soldier, hell friend.

Lay that beating down, but don't kill him, just leave him retarded because it's not like he was any smarter before hand. Let his family deal with it, just think how the cops family feels.

[edit on 13-9-2009 by Tomis_Nexis]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   

A very big difference, and no, ones who would in turn cancel his ticket are not the same.

I do understand that there are those who could not kill under any circumstances, and I bear them no disrespect. It's just not in them.

But then there are those who have no problem shooting a rabid dog, fox, skunk, or even a two-legged animal who is obviously rabid and beyond redemption.

You take a life, you forfeit yours.

This prison idea for capital crimes is a very recent development. Only four or so generations ago, they didn't waste time, money, or effort. Caught red-handed, without any shadow of a doubt as to guilt, they were summarily punished.

It's quick, it's efficient, it saves time, it's cost efficient, and it's final.

Anyone ever kills one of my family, the police, the sheriff department, the state police, and even the National Guard will not be able to keep him alive.

So help me God.

[edit on 13-9-2009 by dooper]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
This is in response to the person who was talking about gun owners vs. criminals. Gun owners are a violent bunch..there is no doubt about it. You say all you guys are all law abiding citizens....but you all sound like you are just waiting for th oppurtunity to use your gun on another human being. With such word as "if I was there it would have been different" , "Let them try to take my gun", "if I was the cops, he would never made it out alive" and other such crap. You can just tell who the gun owners are by the way they talk. Sure the criminals use thier guns for violence, but you would jump at the chance to take a life if there weren't any repercusions.

To the other poster concerning death penalty...does texas not have the death penalty and do murders, rapes n other violent crimes still occur? So it does not seem to deter anything. Like I said at the beginning gun owners are a violent bunch...who always ask for blood.

[edit on 13-9-2009 by kerazeesicko]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   

My wife is a gun owner, has never killed anyone, and never wants to.

That's the most asinine statement I've ever heard.

I learned my killing in the service to my country. I am a gun owner, and oddly, I haven't killed anyone since I've been back.

I would suggest you grow up, and next time momma and daddy are home, ask them why in hell they didn't raise you to be at least familiar with firearms, and given you a choice - rather than this obvious, irrational fear and loathing you have for firearms.

Then that would prevent you from making broad, sweeping, mistaken statements such as the one you just made.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by hikix

He killed a cop, he's a scumbag. However the police went well beyond their jobs doing this. They are supposed to uphold the law, not deal out justice. The police are in the wrong, i am sure many of you are happy to justify it but the police are meant to arrest the suspect and hand them to the courts. The police need prosecuting for this.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Actually I am a gun owner. Please read my post on page 2.

The responses that I'm reading from the hypocrites makes my stomach turn. The people who turn their back on their oaths to protect kin an country via the laws and courts are NO better than the guy this thread is about. The only difference is these people haven't been caught yet.

I dread the day I have to use my gun to protect my family. Not just because of the red tape I'd have to go through after the fact, but because I'd have to live with my actions on my soul.

The "he deserved it" group, are sickening.

..ex

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
If someone shoots me in the face - please dont beat him and please give him a Jury Trial.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join