It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Cop killer severly beaten by police.

page: 7
3
<< 4  5  6   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984
 


"Civilazation" is corrupt and is a tool for govt. control. I dont live in civilazation, i live in a small southern town where just about everyone owns a gun and i know several people around here who have the signs on their house "Nothing is this house is worth your life" If you look to the past when governments got so corrupt that Due process no longer worked and more and more criminals were set free and more and more innocent men were jailed by corrupt judges and jurys then the citizens would take the law into their own hands to avert mob rule. i believe that we are coming to an point where vigilantes and revolutionaries will be respected and admired and the common politician will be vilianized. There will come a time where you will have to pick sides Govt. Control Civilazation or The People and Vigilante Justice.




posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by celticdragon23
"Civilazation" is corrupt and is a tool for govt. control. I dont live in civilazation, i live in a small southern town where just about everyone owns a gun and i know several people around here who have the signs on their house "Nothing is this house is worth your life"


If someone tresspasses you can easily argue that you were defending your life and the life of your family. That is a very different situation because it is not premeditated or retaliatory. It is done out of concern for ones life or possessions without any forethought.

Civilization is not a corrupt tool for government control. I refer to Benjamin Franklin (i think)

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. "

A government run by the people and kept under control by the people, lead by a beautiful document like the constitution of the USA will be a bastion of freedom, a safe haven for the oppressed and a bulwark of balanced justice. It's a shame so many like yourself are willing to give that away.


Originally posted by celticdragon23
If you look to the past when governments got so corrupt that Due process no longer worked and more and more criminals were set free and more and more innocent men were jailed by corrupt judges and jurys then the citizens would take the law into their own hands to avert mob rule. i believe that we are coming to an point where vigilantes and revolutionaries will be respected and admired and the common politician will be vilianized. There will come a time where you will have to pick sides Govt. Control Civilazation or The People and Vigilante Justice.


If you take a look through history you will find that vigilantism always gave way to peer reviewed justice. At least in modern times. This is because vigilantism has some serious drawbacks and whilst the elgal system also has some problems it is far superior. Your argument is utterly baseless for a very simple reason. This man would have been caught (as they obviously found him this is a fact) and prosecuted. He would not have gotten off with so many witnesses, his prints and DNA on the murder weapon and many other factors. He would have been serving life, meaning life in prison.

So the idea of punishment is not a good argument for this case. This was pure revenge based upon emotion. Now many here are happy to excuse that by saying they would ddo the same, as would i if it were my friend. However these were police officers who are trained to suppress their emotions and apply the law. They have to deal with horrible people daily, rapists, murderers, paedophiles etc and yet they manage to suppress their violent feelings towards these people.

It was at the very least unprofessional and at worst criminal. I say again that if any normal citizen had gone on a vengeance trip like this then they would right this moment be in court and would no doubt end up being jailed. So why have the police officers been let off?

You talk of government legal justice being ineffective and then you're happy for the system not to work to protect the police thugs abusing their positions.



[edit on 16-9-2009 by ImaginaryReality1984]



posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984
 


But how would serving life really make him realize the gravity of his actions? i saw no remorse in his face as he was led into the courtroom, there are certain people that just are too self centered and evil to be allowed to live. Why in the hell should he be allowed to live when his actions are going to cause pain to an innocent family?



posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by celticdragon23
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984
 


But how would serving life really make him realize the gravity of his actions? i saw no remorse in his face as he was led into the courtroom, there are certain people that just are too self centered and evil to be allowed to live. Why in the hell should he be allowed to live when his actions are going to cause pain to an innocent family?


You think that his entire life taken away isn't punishment? The family can think whatever they like but i can tell you now that if someone murdered my friend and then spent their entire life in prison and died in prison i would be pretty happy about it. If they died i'd feel cheated.

Our opinions however mean very little. It is about the law and it's application. The police, in this instance abused their power and got away with it. The worrying part of that is that they may well get away with future abuses. The sad part is that i se many peopel here who are for free speech supporting the actions of these police officers.

It seems very hypocritical. They are happy for abuses of justice to occur when it serves their barbaric feelings but are not happy when it is someone they like.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by ImaginaryReality1984]



posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
There are some people who deserve to be treated barbarically as you so put it. Prisons are far from a punishment, free food, free lodging, free medical care, how is that a punishment? Most inmates have a better chance at a college education then people who live lawfully but can't afford one. They are afforded many luxuries that most people would love to have, and our tax dollars pay for it. Vigilanteism is more efecient, cheaper and sends a much clearer message, You push us we push back. Is he going to be locked in solitary for the rest of his life, i doubt it. So please explain to me and the family of the innocent police officer how exactly is he being punished. And explain to them that they are going to have to pay for his upkeep, food and clean clothes, a bed to sleep on, and even if he chooses it his college education. Explain to the wife of said officer that if she cant make the house payment and they loose their house why she should live in poverty and the killer of her husband should live in luxury. With so many losing jobs and homes why should he live better than those who obey the law? Our system is a flawed one and needs to be changed. There are those willling to stand up and fight for the cause and those sheeple that will live with it as it is because they are not effected. But one day the flaws will become all to apperent when the flaws effect us all.



posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by muggl3z
Don't you people have any respect for the rule of law? Innocent until proven guilty?

I guess not, you just want to shoot his penis off. Sick, absolutely sick.



You mean the law that says don't kill any man ?

He had no respect for that law so why should other people have respect for other such " laws" ?



posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85

Originally posted by muggl3z
Don't you people have any respect for the rule of law? Innocent until proven guilty?

I guess not, you just want to shoot his penis off. Sick, absolutely sick.



You mean the law that says don't kill any man ?

He had no respect for that law so why should other people have respect for other such " laws" ?


To respect and apply the law makes us better than him. If you are willing to sink to his level then how can you possibly say what is wrong or right?



new topics

top topics



 
3
<< 4  5  6   >>

log in

join