It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coast Guard fires on suspicious boat on Potomac River in Washington: CNN

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
People really should take it easy...coast guard exercise as a psy-op and all. I mean it's not only pretty weak in regards of impact, but if anything people should be glad people are training on 9-11. I pray for all the lives lost, as with anywhere else, but I hope in the future there's no "9/11 day" where kids get off school.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I'm assuming that most people posting here are Americans.
I'm not positive in this. I made to about page Four before deciding to post.

Anyhow, I agree with the poster who said way back that the Government is seeing how far they can push the public.

"Lets mock up an assassination attempt, that we will cover up on 9-11, and see how the idiot public reacts."

From what I can tell, the sheeple did exactly what they were told by their MSM handlers.
"Nothing to see here, move along."

Same with the low flyover of Manhattan. People still just buy the Gov story hook, line and sinker. This is a mockery of one of the saddest days in our Proud Country's history.
It infuriates me.

Also, this is a convenient distraction from the eligibility stuff that came out today as well.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
This sound suspicious, why don't they say from the beginning it was an excercise. They where trying to get a cover story up for something. Training excercise on 9/11, get real. Something happened and they are keeping it hush hush.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
searching4trutha.blogspot.com... My investigation and story

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
What else happened today that could be of any importance for thruther ?

When i see that much coverage on MSM, i know its because something else is going on, especially with crappy news like this one.

I read something about Israel had happened yesterday or so but cant remember more.

MSM is controlled, we just have to get the whole picture meaning the outside of the MSM box.

[edit on 11-9-2009 by Fedge]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Just seems really strange that the Gov't immediately called for a halt on all outgoing flights from Reagan International Airport right as this all developed this morning. I was watching the 9/11 memorial coverage on Fox News when the story broke. And they specifically stated that outgoing air traffic was grounded.

However, we're all dumb and naive, thats how they can cover this stuff up.

To prove that the American people are dumb and naive, 90% of Americans will believe that big bang bang bang theory.

[edit on 9/11/2009 by MadDogtheHunter]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I don't know what the hullabaloo is about. There is no more "war on terror" therefore this couldn't have been a possible terrorist attack...wait...I take that back...I meant to say possible "man made disaster." You get the point.

It's really just a matter of someone wanting to get a big fish in the river. Nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadDogtheHunter
Just seems really strange that the Gov't immediately called for a halt on all outgoing flights from Reagan International Airport right as this all developed this morning. I was watching the 9/11 memorial coverage on Fox News when the story broke. And they specifically stated that outgoing air traffic was grounded.

However, we're all dumb and naive, thats how they can cover this stuff up.

To prove that the American people are dumb and naive, 90% of Americans will believe that big bang bang bang theory.

[edit on 9/11/2009 by MadDogtheHunter]

yes its very interesting that everyone trying to downplay this situation ignores the fact that flights were grounded and fbi responded as they didnt know what was going on

but yea it was just a simple exercise
its useless trying to get anyone to believe it

those who believe it, always will, those that dont, always wont

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by MadDogtheHunter

]

Not necessarily strange. Obama was speaking at the Pentagon at the time. When this broke, his motorcade loaded him up and scurried back to the White House.

Given that, it's not strange that protocol might have called for grounding flights.

Obama was snookered just like CNN was.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

That is hilarious, (the leg in the nutz! ouch!!!) and spot on with the insightful comments on your post.

How many times, how many examples do we have to give them, to tell the american zombies to f**kn WAKE UP!!!!!

Gerald Celente and the likes are the only ones I will listen to anymore. It's like, what do you do?! I pray it is not too late to save us.

Screw the H1N1!, I want the meds to protect us from Radiation poisoning!(I forgot the name,s)

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
This is a rather odd situation I do agree about it having a distinct smell to it. I really can't put my finger on it but it can be made to look like a soft probe of the President's security.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Not necessarily strange. Obama was speaking at the Pentagon at the time. When this broke, his motorcade loaded him up and scurried back to the White House.

Given that, it's not strange that protocol might have called for grounding flights.

Obama was snookered just like CNN was.

Please, you mean to tell me Obama wasn't in on this "training" exercise. If he was bundled up and rushed back to the WH this was a failed attack plain and simple.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by skepticantiseptic

Please, you mean to tell me Obama wasn't in on this "training" exercise.

Uh, yeah, that's exactly what I'm saying. You think he is notified of every training exercise that goes on?

If he knew about it, why did he rush out of there like his hair was on fire?

'Failed attack'. Please.
Explain that. Where was this supposed attack?

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Jay, we have Military exercises all the time....

How is that pushing the public?

Heck in the Navy that's all you ever do is practice, practice practice. We used to perform military exercises constantly, only about 10% of the time did we get a chance to actually do what we trained for. Did it well though, because of all that damn practice!

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

No kidding JSO, how dumb to actually schedule a live fire "training" exercise on the anniversary of 911. Much less on the Potomac river just down from the Pentagon where Obama is speaking. And you find that not strange and quite insane

Sorry I forgot that insanity is the new normal.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Hi,

I am new too ATS, have been working in the PNT for 15 years, was here on 911. This seems very, very weird to me. More so than 911 even. YOU DO NOT RUN EXERCISES during a memorial service! It just does not make sense, especially if you are using blanks or even live rounds being fired in such close proximity to the CIC. Secret Service would almost HAVE to be notified of this Prior to any action. Smells really bad! WTF and whose cleaning it up if anyone. Have we gotten so parranoind we don't call these people to answer our questions?

my 2 cents

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

I Concur

As a matter of fact, vessel queries are strictly scripted so that you cover all the legal bases should you wind up in court. This is especially true with the USCG who has to deal with the mutagenic US court system.

The crew that mans the vessel is not always made up of the same personnel, each job has a function that they are responsible for, the drills allow them to go through the query to make sure they get it right. It gets graded, and either the various segments of the drill need work, or they pass.

(ex: Combat Systems Training Team)

How did the public find out about this?

By monitoring Coast Guard communications.

The FCC has regulations that dictate what you can and cannot do with intercepted communications. Since they are not in the outlawed Cell phone frequencies, listening to them is not out right banned. But you generally are not allowed to divulge the contents of the communications.

Depending on the circumstances... whoever released the audio could be facing court, should a prosecutor care to take it up.

Edit add:

You always run exercises. Unless you are involved in a ceremony, an actual mission or some sort of formation operation... (which by the way, has it's own exercise number)

Queries are the easiest exercises to run. All you need is a radio. You dont even have to man a gun crew or boarding team. I dont know what level of exercise they were running, but all that has happened is some idiot heard it on a scanner and never checked to see what was going on before darting off a news story.

Originally posted by skepticantiseptic

No kidding JSO, how dumb to actually schedule a live fire "training" exercise on the anniversary of 911.

It wasn't a live fire training exercise. How many "live fire" shots are announced on the radio as "bang bang bang?"

In order to have a live fire traning exercise, you have to have an allocated oparea to go shoot in or else you might hit someone. The area has to be checked to see if it's clear, and to make sure that any overshots dont hit some stray fishing boat down range. The Potomac didn't have any live fire training areas last I looked. Warning area 386 in the VACAPES oparea is probably the closest place you can go to do live fire exercises. Ya might check into that.

Edit: Had an extra "have" next to a "have". They are like weeds, you need to keep them pruned back.

[edit on 12-9-2009 by RoofMonkey]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by skepticantiseptic

No kidding JSO, how dumb to actually schedule a live fire "training" exercise on the anniversary of 911.

"No shots were fired, there was no suspect vessel, there was no criminal activity, this was a pre-planned training exercise," said Currier. "Our people have to train; they do it on a routine and normal basis."

www.google.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by RoofMonkey

You always run exercises. Unless you are involved in a ceremony, an actual mission or some sort of formation operation... (which by the way, has it's own exercise number)

Do you really believe that the Coast Guard would run a planned exercise during a memorial service in which the President of the United States was participating? The secret service would never have allowed this.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Later in the day, Fox and CNN changed their tune "slightly"....

"....President Obama's motorcade had already passed over the Potomac several minutes prior to the incident...the President was nowhere near the Potomac when this all unfolded..."

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join