It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coast Guard fires on suspicious boat on Potomac River in Washington: CNN

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Wow, This so reminds me of the mis-info and dis-info that the people of the Soviet Union were fed by their gov't when some event occurred in their country.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

Blackwater change their name to Xe,which is pronounce Zee.

Now they can go operate wherever they want,because they changed their name,huh ha!,huh.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmNishEnt
I am new here, but am always monitoring. I find that breaking news and the freshest ideas are almost always found right here on ATS. I felt compelled to start an account today as one thought kept creeping in while reading and watching this thread develop.

The thought is that this "incident" on the Potomac has completely buried the ACORN sting video made by biggovernment.com and any chance that it had of coming to MSM headlines.

Just thought I would share.

Great observation friend. Very good.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Roadblockx

The media is the one who pretty much tells people they are wrong if they don't grandstand in this manner and so forth, as well as being a big part of that who uses 9/11 for such political means.

So honestly, I'm not even sure why you are saying I need to drop the MSM - which I don't even watch to begin with. I seriously doubt you have heard anyone on the MSM even dare speak up in the manner I have here, but I'll bet I can find a bunch of people on their talking about "Oh, I can't believe they would do that on this day" and on and on and on.

If there is more to it, then fine. But if there is more to it, it will have absolutely nothing to do with today's date, and only what to do in the event itself.

The media would scold me for even mentioning these things, but you suggest I'm parroting the media? My username is even based on my dislike for MSM.

I'm just sick of people using 9/11 as justification for the things they do and so forth. From illegal wars right down to people acting as if the date gives them "extra" reason to be offended/outraged - it's doesn't at all and people should be ashamed of themselves for using the event for such reasons.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Ok here is the thing.

Would they care if they trained on a holiday vs a non-holiday? NO.

Would they care that they are "training" 100 yards from the POTUS bandwagon?

... let it sink in...

Now do I really need to still answer that question?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

Even tough I never became a huge fan of Reinhardt, there is something he always said that got stuck in my mind:

"The primary function of government is to pretend to fail"

And that lines seems to be right on target here.

The question is: Why the government would want you to believe they fail?

Hmmm ...

Let's see, first that jumbo over NYC and now the Coast Guard saying this was just a training exercise with some miscommunication involved.

Hmmm ...

They seem to be failing to me.

Incompetence ¿? Hmmm ...

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SlasherOfVeils

BUT, this is a day of heightened security risks and threats. SO, they should be WORKING not training!! I do not believe for one second that they were taken off of regular duty stations or posts to be here "training" on this day!

That is like the Highway Patrol having a Conference somewhere on New Years Eve! Or the Fire Department doing "training" exercises on the 4th of July!

You don't take your security personnel somewhere for training on a high security risk day?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

No, I know you are much smarter then someone that would be a MSM parrot or fall for every BS event that involves 9/11. What I was saying is that on a day like today, events that involve the prez, the CG and shots fired will get all kinds of attention, warranted or not. Now if this was some idle Wednesday afternoon and the prez was no where around, yes, this story could be left to sink (pun).

If your point was that the exploitation of 9/11 to push news stories, sell wars or generate right limiting laws, then I am with you when I say that is the most disrespectful act.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Exactly! That is why my belief is this was a LIVE event held by an ON DUTY CGU.

Which is also why the FBI came running.

Also why CNN and other MSM interrupted the memoria and scheduled programming to announce it-- and when DOHS got their feathers ruffled, they shuffle it under the carpet and say something rediculous-- ala our "Training mission" story.

"It was a WEATHER BALOON! *as military personell cover a giant shiny metallic object under a black tarp with half a unit of armed guard keep everyone away from direct view*

Rediculous stories seem rediculous no matter how you try to spin em. They just wanted to get the whole incident off the radar A.S.A.P.

[edit on 11-9-2009 by SlasherOfVeils]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia

Originally posted by Roadblockx
Slow news day??

You would think that someone may know that an event happened a few years back on this day that tend to get people a little nervous. There are a few articles about this event on ATS and on the internet. Do a bing or google search for 9/11. You will be amazed.....

News that happens today will probably be viewed a little differently then October 12th or June 23rd or May 7th (random days). Especially with a few other things going on in the world.

Was someone holding you prisoner in a shed in their backyard and you just got out?

Oh please, I have little or no use for such grandstanding. That's all it is. Oh 9/11, 9/11, 9/11 - I don't give a crap as far as this thread is concerned. It's nothing but hype and people are just using 9/11 as a reason to hype and grandstand.

I know what happened, watched it happen same as everyone else. The difference? I'm not using the event for political means. It's really freaking pathetic IMO the way people treat that stuff.

Reminds me of this family I knew once. The father/grandfather of the family died of a heart attack one day. Suddenly, that family started fighting over "what he would have wanted" and all this crap. Just a bunch of grandstanding - because not a single one of them gave a crap what he wanted when he was alive.

So oh no, it happened on 9/11. So what. No different than the people who grandstand on memorial day, waving the flag talking about what great patriots they are, while at the same time openly and freely giving away the very freedoms of the people they are claiming to honor died for. That's not tribute, that's spitting in their face.

People don't know the first thing about respect. This is how we remember 9/11? By taking any thing that happens and blowing it out of proportion because the day shares the same date? Not in my book.

thats simply all nothing more then a lie, if you didnt care, you wouldnt be here to post

on top of that, you say you watched the same thing all the rest of us did, so obviously nothing happened

well bud we all saw the same thing 8 years ago and we still dont know what happened, so to think we know exactly what happened this morning all because some source showed you some video footage is plain arrogance and nothing more

you might as well dress up as a red pitcher of liquid and crash through walls with that kind of thinking, that statement shows more then just drinking the kool aid, you are the kool aid

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by wycky
THe very first line of the Sky News report says:

The US Coast Guard has denied opening fire on a boat on Washington DC's Potomac River.

So it went from an attack, to a drill, to a what are you talking about i didn't shot anyone??

LINK

Edit forgot link

[edit on 11/9/2009 by wycky]

Please fix that link to a single word, you are stretching the page all to hell and I have to sidescroll to read posts, Thx

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Watch CNN situation room their covering it right now and running the scanner. They cut out the gun shots!

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Don't forget folks that the military was doing wargames during the original 9/11 action. Why they had so much of a problem. They couldn't tell which plane was real or part of there game.

Seems like there just playing the terror card again, to get peoples minds off whats really going down.

hmmmm..

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Curio

No they should absolutly be doing there jobs on september 11th and protecting us from the posibility of a real event not holding a training exersize, they had the hole year for training exersizes I think due to the fact that those responsible for the 2001 attacks would love to do so again on 9/11 they should all be on alert and doing there damn job not out playing war games. What if a real event was to happen durring this oh its just a part of the trainign exersize dont shoot the guy with the shoulder fired rocket!

Doubtfull this was a training excersize!

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
normally i tinhk you lunatics are taking shots in teh dark at stuff liek this.
but on 9/11 .....cmon goverment.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Think about it. While you may understand how an idiot could allow Air Force One and a fighter jet to low fly in New York for a photo op and not figure out how that would effect people - the explanation for this event today doesn't hold up.

During the Admiral's press conference in which he tried to explain how this was all just normal training and apparently no one thought anything about doing this on the eight year anniversary of 9-11 in Washington DC during 9-11 ceremonies, a REPORTER spoke up. As soon as the reporter said the media HAD contacted them and were told that no one from the military knew what was going on, the Admiral was cut off by a young man and he was told that the conference was over.

There is no way that higher ups didn't grasp what they were doing. There is NO good reason to have to practice boat attack simulations in the middle of DC on 9/11. They really are not that stupid in the Pentagon that they would allow this to occur with the nation on edge unless they had a reason.

The question is why? I hope members here will think about this and come up with some theories...

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Majority of the posters on this thread seems to agree (did hell just freeze over
) that the government may be a little slow but even they wouldn't schedule an exercise on a day like this and with the prez driving over a bridge right nearby. Seems something a little more sinister and reeks of another "exercise" going on 9/11 eight years ago except this event was cut short.

My guess is that something was supposed to happen today that involved BHO meeting his maker. Something came up that prevented the plan from being executed (timing off, not in place, etc.) and the CYA plan was a CG training exercised. They missed their mark, back to the drawing board.

Maybe the arabic terrorists didn't get their boating license or they drive a boat worse then they can fly an airplane....
My theory is that a boat was supposed to run into the bridge that the prez was driving over and boom.... Just like the USS Cole. But again, something went wrong and they scrubbed the mission.

Either way, history was almost made today. I may not agree with BHO and would love to see him out of office but let's remember he is a father (and probably/mostly a human being) and there is no reason to be excited about anyone losing their life. Here's to hoping the rest of the day is BORING!

[edit on 11-9-2009 by Roadblockx]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Does anyone think it wise for the CG to be diverting their attention away from protecting the POTUS on a training exercise when the he is in the very near neighborhood?
This is either total recklessness or a coverup!

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Roadblockx, that's a good theory. But do don't you think if a highly targeted US almost was hit again, if they can get that close they won't try again

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Just a reminder.

This incident took place a stones throw from a Naval weapons testing facitility. Training and lives weapons fire occur here all the time.

Yep, ships fire their guns here. I was a NGFS RT talker.

This is really a non issue folks.

Dahlgren

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join