It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coast Guard fires on suspicious boat on Potomac River in Washington: CNN

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helmkat
reply to post by getreadyalready

Just a reminder.

This incident took place a stones throw from a Naval weapons testing facitility. Training and lives weapons fire occur here all the time.

Yep, ships fire their guns here. I was a NGFS RT talker.

This is really a non issue folks.

Dahlgren

Well, I dont know how far you can throw a stone....but there are NOT live fire exercises north of the Woodrow Wilson Bridge all the time...which is where this incident took place. They dont even do the artillery fire like the 80's down at Belvoir anymore.

Maybe you are confused with Pax River or Indian Head...but not between the 14th st and Memorial bridge.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roadblockx

Majority of the posters on this thread seems to agree (did hell just freeze over
) that the government may be a little slow but even they wouldn't schedule an exercise on a day like this and with the prez driving over a bridge right nearby. Seems something a little more sinister and reeks of another "exercise" going on 9/11 eight years ago except this event was cut short.

My guess is that something was supposed to happen today that involved BHO meeting his maker. Something came up that prevented the plan from being executed (timing off, not in place, etc.) and the CYA plan was a CG training exercised. They missed their mark, back to the drawing board.

[edit on 11-9-2009 by Roadblockx]

That thought also crossed my mind. If Obama should decide to "pull a JFK" (as many of us hope) then he would be considered for targeting.

Many have predicted that the next attack could involve taking him out and putting Biden (someone more likely to follow Israeli orders without question) in his place.

What an amazing thing it is that the boat attack suddenly happened near the time Obama was supposed to be near the water. The headlines would have been about Obama motorcade attacked on bridge by Paki-Taliban in speedboat. Let's roll!

9-11: Norad stand down and exercise involving planes hitting WTC buildings and Pentagon and by coincidence planes hit WTC/Pentagon.

7-7: Cameras turned off during an exercise regarding backpack bombers in the subways suddenly turns real when, low and behold, backpack bombers are said to have exploded bombs in the tube. Damn. Just when the stand down for the exercise took place too.

9-11 Eight Year Anniversary: Obama somehow leaves early before an "exercise" regarding a speedboat attack goes down and the media is told that security has no idea what is going on. Moment is turned into an "oops" event later by a confused Admiral who says no one knew about it but the higher ups above him. hmmm

When the next event happens to get us all riled up and ready for the next battle (in Pakistan, Iran or wherever) we should all keep this in the back of our minds.

I think the President is in real danger. And as with JFK, the danger is close.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
What would the implications be of a assasination attempt on president two weeks before the G20?

[edit on 11-9-2009 by Gixxer]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dramey
thats simply all nothing more then a lie, if you didnt care, you wouldnt be here to post

I don't care or even think today's date is at all relevant to the event. I do care in terms of people who use 9/11 as justification for other things, including hyping up an event such as what happened today based on it.

on top of that, you say you watched the same thing all the rest of us did, so obviously nothing happened

I'm not even sure what you are talking about here. I didn't say nothing happened at all.

well bud we all saw the same thing 8 years ago and we still dont know what happened, so to think we know exactly what happened this morning all because some source showed you some video footage is plain arrogance and nothing more

And what does this have to do with people making a big deal about the event because it happened on the same day as what happened 8 years ago?

you might as well dress up as a red pitcher of liquid and crash through walls with that kind of thinking, that statement shows more then just drinking the kool aid, you are the kool aid

I think you've pretty much proved my point. Because I brought into question how people hyped up today's event simply because it happened on the same date as something 8 years ago, you completely assumed a ton of things about me.

Your entire response was mostly a ploy to the emotion/events of 9/11, pointing out the tragedy of the day - which I did not even say anything against, and then followed it up with nothing more than a personal attack.

So you have once again used the tragedy of 9/11 as a way of promoting your own opinion/bias, rather than addressing the points made. As if what you say/do is automatically justified because of it. QUIT.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by XKrossX

Its been awhile since I was there, however the area is often very crowded with all manner of craft and I can well imagine some overzealous reporter hearing gunfire from down river and seeing a Coastie and jumping to conclusions. Believe me if the Coasties fired at a ship as suspicious there were would of been a convergence of sea and air assests like you could not imagine and nobody would of been able to mistake what was going down.

I've been involved in anti-drug ops in the Caribbean, anti-sub ops off Florida, the Med. and a host of other operations so I do have some insight into how these things go down. I know this is a conspiracy site and all and its fun to speculate, I'm just providing some insight

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

I don't care or even think today's date is at all relevant to the event. I do care in terms of people who use 9/11 as justification for other things, including hyping up an event such as what happened today based on it.

I agree, that 9/11 is brought up too much, but the fact remains that the anniversary is a significant date for a number of reasons!
*Memorials and Other Ceremonies and Gatherings
*Increased Threats (Some may actually Celebrate 9/11!)
*Presidential and Other Political Appearances

So, like it or not, the date is significant, Law Enforcement goes on Alert, Politicians are vulnerable in Public Speeches, People are Emotional, and the Press is out in Full Force!

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by 10001011
Honestly, think about it thoe,

It could just be legit, in a training op, you normaly are limited to how real a situation can be portrayed. But when the prez, or likewise does a event like this, you could have a very good moment to conduct a life like training op.

I think its just poor time management, and poor Communication skills.....

[edit on 11-9-2009 by 10001011]

Well--I personally don't believe this,but let's suppose for a moment that you're correct.What does it mean that people operating in capacities such as these are that inept,after EIGHT YEARS?Consider the implications of that......

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Definitely strange occurances today. I can't wait to see the spins.

Never did trust the media all too much . .but "badmedia", you need to
lighten up. You are grouchier than hell.

[edit on 11-9-2009 by SIEGE]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
If this is such a common occurrence in that location, why was this one reported? Wouldn't there be many such reports, if people thought boats were being attacked? You'd think this would be news previously, if this had happened before. What... they only noticed today?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I am surprised. We have no fellow ATS'ers in the DC area who can give a personal account?

The gunshot sounds are now edited out of all the MSM takes on the subject, and even if it was someone going "BOOM BOOM BOOM" as suggested, if it was ten shouts, I dunno anyone who honestly vocalizes "BOOM BOOM" ten times in a row.

And all you military folks saying its a normal training operation, would you be hitting targets with the commander in chief downwind 300 feet away? So how on earth can you possibly say they were doing naval training under the same circumstances

[edit on 11-9-2009 by SlasherOfVeils]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
Can someone explain why they would do a training exercise on 9/11?
It seems highly suspect.

Same reason they did the original "training exercises"? on 9-11-01 and 7-7-05, I assume to distract and in today's case upset anyone who catches wind of the "exercise". Dirty dirty games our military minds play.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Later described as a training exercise by MSM...

My A#@ this was a training exercise... why in the hell would they conduct a live fire training exercise when the president was right there....?? There is something else going on that the military doesn't want to comment on!

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
my questions are:

Who's was trying to take Obama out? A domestic group?
How did they know Obama was going to be at the location at that right time? Did they get information from insiders? What was the government trying to do when they shut down the airport?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I can not believe the BS coming out of the mouth of Government regarding this, yeah this is fishy, more then that it's disturbing to know that if Obama was coming a cross a bridge that the coast guard would have been informed and also been patrolling instead of doing exercises, and not even follow protocol in doing those exercises, just more fear mongering pushed to remind us of the possibilities,

Wake up America

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SIEGE
Definitely strange occurances today. I can't wait to see the spins.

In the new "official" story, the shots are now someone calling out bang.
Also, I find it odd that CNN was listening to scanners:

In a Coast Guard radio transmission audible over police scanners monitored by CNN

Talk about spin

www.cnn.com...

In a Coast Guard radio transmission audible over police scanners monitored by CNN, a voice could be heard saying, "You're approaching a Coast Guard security zone. ... If you don't stop your vessel, you will be fired upon. Stop your vessel immediately."

Later, someone could be heard saying "bang, bang, bang, bang" and "we have expended 10 rounds."

CNN called the Coast Guard immediately after the initial reports suggesting possible trouble in the water; a spokeswoman said she had no information about activity in that area.

Minutes later, CNN again contacted the Coast Guard and was told officials were looking into the possibility that it may have been a training exercise.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Lurking for months - 1st post.

All this is making me somewhat nervous. We all know that there were training exercises before 9-11 reflecting a mirror image of what actually happened, right? Then perhaps we should keep in mind that the G20 summit is going to be held in Pittsburgh on the 24-25 of this month and it is being held at the David L. Lawrence Center which is right beside the Allegheny River. They are expecting a "multitude" of protesters there. There have also been MANY reports that the government cannot afford??? the extra security that is necessary for the event. I find it more than odd that the gov. would ALLOW the media to report this if they weren't asking for trouble....or at least a scapegoat for the trouble they intend to cause? Could this "training exercise" be a precursor for something coming in the next few weeks? What do you thinKz/

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

Just what I was going to say....just a little pressure on the trigger and 10 rounds go down range.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Don't you all think it's a little odd that they decided to pull an outrageous training maneuver on 9/11, on the Potomac, in Washington? While Buck Ofama is up the stream? I say it was for real and they screwed something up and don't want to admit it. Not that it was a terrorist act, but some goofus riding his boat in the Potomac and "bam" they shot him. For all we know whoever was in the boat could be dead.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocknroll
Don't you all think it's a little odd that they decided to pull an outrageous training maneuver on 9/11, on the Potomac, in Washington? While Buck Ofama is up the stream? I say it was for real and they screwed something up and don't want to admit it. Not that it was a terrorist act, but some goofus riding his boat in the Potomac and "bam" they shot him. For all we know whoever was in the boat could be dead.

So what would you have them do? Stand down on 9/11 and hang their heads? I would rather have them out there training and on 9/11 what a better day than today to train.

This was CNN over hearing a training excersise and it wasn't even real shots being fired. It was someone speaking into a mic saying bang, bang, bang. They were simulating an attack and CNN screwed the pooch.

It was a damn training excersise and you people are so far up CNN's poop scoop its funny. CNN intercepted a marine channel and reported it for the fun of scaring the people there and here it seems....

People really got to lighten up on he 9/11 woe is me crap. This is what these guys do. They train... Whatever....

[edit on 11-9-2009 by northof8]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SlasherOfVeils

Here is the what is being said.

Video

and you know what?

I believe it 100%

There were no shots fired, no suspect boat, nothing, this was a training exercise that was overheard via radio. There is a motto used in the service "Train like you fight and fight like you train" that means when you train you train it as exactly as you can within safety limits as if it were really happening. Thus to a casual listener it would sound exactly like the real thing.

I do have a real world example of how this could freak people out. During Nato ops in the North Atlantic one year we were overflown by a British aircraft that for training purposes was simulating a Soviet anti-ship missle. Now when this happened we reported it exactly as if we had been hit by a missle. No difference, none at all. Boom our bow was flown off as far as the radio report was concerned.

Now lets imagine a casual listener who was unaware a training exercise was ongoing would of thought. OMG! Start a thread on ATS we are at war! (I served on the USS Pharris, those who read Tom Clancey might get a smile from that).

Now as to why the training today, that should be obvious, vigilance does not take a day off, even on 9/11.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join