It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coast Guard fires on suspicious boat on Potomac River in Washington: CNN

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   

cnn.com

Developing right now...more to come

Edit to add more: The U.S. Coast Guard tried Friday to prevent a boat from entering a security zone on the Potomac River not far from the Pentagon, where President Obama was at an event commemorating the September 11 attacks.

There were reports on police scanners that the Coast Guard fired 10 rounds of ammunition, but those reports could not immediately be confirmed. It was not immediately clear from the reports whether they referred to warning shots.

The incident took place between the Memorial and 14th Street bridges, in a zone that had been blocked off because of the ceremonies.

www.cnn.com...

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 11-9-2009 by kdial1]

mod edit to fix link

[edit on 11-9-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Developing more to come

False flag anyone? Lets see how this progresses. Everyone has been on edge and it seems something is happening right now. This is being covered on CNN right now. Plus all of the stuff that is happening in Israel right now, today looks like it is going to be an eventful day.....ugggh

-Kdial1

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

Beat me to post by less than a minute.

That will teach me to waste time in a spell check LOL

[edit on (9/11/09) by AllSeeingI]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Ah, we both posted this at the same time. Saw this on CNN. This is something more than just a boater accidently in the wrong place. It will be interesting to hear how this plays out and what they were up to.

[edit on 9/11/2009 by Erasurehead]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   

The U.S. Coast Guard has fired on a suspicious boat in Washington DC's Potomac River, CNN has reported. The incident came as Americans mourned the eighth anniversary of the September 11 attacks on the Pentagon and the World Trade Center in New York today.

It is understood that the Coast Guard tried to contact boat, believed to be a recreational boat. However there was no radio response. The decision was then made to fire on the boat. It is believed that ten rounds were fired on the boat. It is not known if anyone was injured in the incident.

Sources have told Fox News that the shots were warning shots only, however the Coast Guard has not yet confirmed the incident.

The Coast Guard began patrolling the Potomac after security was increased in the wake of 9/11. T

he Potomac River flows past many of Washington's greatest attractions, including the Kennedy Center and the Washington Monument. It also flows close to the Pentagon, one of the sites of the 9/11 attacks.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Probably nothing. But hey, Osama did promise a 'present' for al muslims this ramadam didn't he? (source

[edit on 11/9/2009 by FreezeM]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
www.nbcconnecticut.com...

secondary article. Looks like tyhis JUST happened?

Ten rounds seems a little excessive to be just a warning shot. And twitters are saying that president was moved to secure location.

I can't seem to find any/much information on this though. It is still rellatively fresh

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SlasherOfVeils

If fired from a machine gun, then no 10 rounds is not excessive.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
STAND DOWN!

ABC7 (twitter.com...) now reporting it was a training exersice.

this reminds me of those training exercises taking place on... uh... 9/11 and on 7/7

Edit to ad: CBS News confirms that Coast Guard conducted a training exercise on the Potomac. No shots fired - contrary to CNN reports.

[edit on 11/9/2009 by FreezeM]

link   
More than likely this is the maritime equivalent of a plane violating a TFR (temporary flight restriction). The gov't sets up exclusion zonmes around certain events and if people (pilots or boaters) aren't familiar with them or don't check they can wander into the area unaware.

link   
There was no radio response because it was a dummy boat, part of the Canada/US "false-flag" operations around Washington DC thats been talked about so much on ATS.
This was just hyped up because of it just happening on 9/11 and was actually a drill to test the US Militarys response times to such threats since the USS Cole bomb.

link   

This just happened just after 10am eastern time. Not much information out there yet. I am calling some people I know in DC to see if they have anything more on this story.

Spoke to some people. Maybe be a coast guard training excercise. Real dumb to do this on 9/11 if it is true.

[edit on 9/11/2009 by Erasurehead]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

Now CG is saying it was a training exercise and miscommunication...

*#$!ing strange if you ask me... Training during the 9/11 memorial ? Then again I may just have my tinfoil hat attached too securely this morning...

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Training..... What were they thinking doing this on such a day that is etched in americans minds? Inciting more fear

-Kdial1

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Can someone explain why they would do a training exercise on 9/11?
It seems highly suspect.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Sky News saying no shots fired and was just a drill.

Just a few minutes after Obama's motorcade went over the bridge apparently!

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
FoxNews: Coast Guard Conducts Training Exercise on Potomac

"Developing: The Coast Guard was conducting a training exercise in the Potomac River moments before President Obama and his motorcade crossed a nearby bridge."

Oh this ranks up there with the: "LETS FLY A JUMBO JET AROUND MANHATTAN!"

oooh bright IDEA. Let shoot off some rounds on the Potomac on 9/11 for some training.

&$%!%!%# IDIOTS!

[edit on (9/11/09) by AllSeeingI]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Yeah they are pushing it as a training exercise. I am sorry, exercise on 9/11? NO. If my service in the gov't has done one thing since 9/11 is that there are NO EXERCISES on 9/11. It is a day of uber-vigilance. Something smells and it isn't because I took a laxative this morning.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
Can someone explain why they would do a training exercise on 9/11?
It seems highly suspect.

To keep the mythical fear of 'terror' alive in the minds of the public.

Wont be long before they just start blowing up our own buildings to 'celebrate' the 'terrorist' and the enslavement it has helped the gov create....oh....wait....

link   
reply to post by kdial1

Well, I'm with everyone else who thinks that it really sucks that they decide to do a training drill on 9/11. That's just stupid/disrespectful, IMO.

link   
LOL - Did NOT take long to cover this up!

It will be interesting to see how this does play out!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join