It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coast Guard fires on suspicious boat on Potomac River in Washington: CNN

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
They do these drills almost every day on the Potomac because of the difficult areas - lots of shallow areas, etc. However, it doesn't excuse them not "thinking" about 9/11 as a day they might want to "consider" not doing them. I am sure in their weird thinking way they thought this would be actually a good time to do the drills because the area would be restricted with the president and the ceremonies. No water traffic to get in the way of their drills.

This is just typical of the way our govt corporately thinks.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

Many think (maybe you in another thread) that is exactly why Obama reversed his stance on some things after taking office!!

Troops out of Iraq? No. Troops in Afghanistan? Increased! Gitmo? Still Open. Truth about Abu Ghraib? Buried. Patriot Act? Still around. Executive Privelige? Renewed!

Whatever Obama learned after taking office changed his opinion on life! Now he agrees with Bush/Cheney in many aspects!! They must know something pretty heavy, unless he is just a liar!

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Roadblockx

Blackwater changed their name. Still operating but under a new "title". Can't remember what that new name is though.

Plus, if they want this quiet, the only noise ever heard will be on sites like this one. MSM will never give a peep of what really happened.

Just my 2 cents. . .

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roadblockx
Slow news day??

You would think that someone may know that an event happened a few years back on this day that tend to get people a little nervous. There are a few articles about this event on ATS and on the internet. Do a bing or google search for 9/11. You will be amazed.....

News that happens today will probably be viewed a little differently then October 12th or June 23rd or May 7th (random days). Especially with a few other things going on in the world.

Was someone holding you prisoner in a shed in their backyard and you just got out?

Oh please, I have little or no use for such grandstanding. That's all it is. Oh 9/11, 9/11, 9/11 - I don't give a crap as far as this thread is concerned. It's nothing but hype and people are just using 9/11 as a reason to hype and grandstand.

I know what happened, watched it happen same as everyone else. The difference? I'm not using the event for political means. It's really freaking pathetic IMO the way people treat that stuff.

Reminds me of this family I knew once. The father/grandfather of the family died of a heart attack one day. Suddenly, that family started fighting over "what he would have wanted" and all this crap. Just a bunch of grandstanding - because not a single one of them gave a crap what he wanted when he was alive.

So oh no, it happened on 9/11. So what. No different than the people who grandstand on memorial day, waving the flag talking about what great patriots they are, while at the same time openly and freely giving away the very freedoms of the people they are claiming to honor died for. That's not tribute, that's spitting in their face.

People don't know the first thing about respect. This is how we remember 9/11? By taking any thing that happens and blowing it out of proportion because the day shares the same date? Not in my book.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

If my time in the military showed me anything, it showed me that those of us that are the "little people" probably get 1/10th of what is really going on.

Fact is, we'll never see what Oz really looks like. But we can deny ignorance and ask and question anyways.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

Xe formerly known as Blackwater

Xe Services LLC (pronounced Ze) is a private military company founded as Blackwater USA in 1997 by Erik Prince and Al Clark. In October 2007, the company was renamed Blackwater Worldwide and was colloquially referred to as "Blackwater"....

I think this is the one.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

Ta Hazelnut. The name had escaped me.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Watching CNN right now.
Ive been following this and the fact that the CG would run a "Drill" on a day that our nation is scared and on edge if anything out of the ordinary would happen we would all freak out like so. Its incredible, and in my opinion this is not over, be prepared Americans. But its amazing we all must agree that we look for this things like this, in a way we all want another 9/11 because we want a new start, we don't wont to be ran by a government that fights each other more than solves problems. We want this so we can all re unite it again. We don't need government we need each other.

[edit on 11-9-2009 by bonzye]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by nydsdan
"fool me once... shame on... shame on you. Fool me... you can't get fooled again."

I agree with others, if you have video or 1st hand testimony of the events this AM, right now is the time to collect that information and share it. Even if this was a simple MAJOR snafu, it is our duty to verify it. These events are all too suspicious.

Who would have ever thought that those words would ever ring so true.

Oh well, just remember, that day holds plenty significance for alot of people, our enemies included. Not every event is a false flag, I hope we don't dismiss every danger that way and I am glad they are having drills and such, I don't think it should be today of all days, but I want this country to be safe damn it.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
reply to post by Hazelnut

Ta Hazelnut. The name had escaped me.

I remember thinking that was probably why they changed their name to begin with. Too much public awareness. Apparently, the new branding technique was effective.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
There has to be more to this. I don't believe for a moment that they would even consider having a training exercise on this day. That's just insanity. When I was in the Army, I had many training exercises, and many actual details where we had to be ready. We would NEVER, in a million years, think about conducting a training exercise for the same day, it's unthinkable.

There is more to this, there has to be. I can't fathom an entire group of trained professionals would be so idiotic as to do a drill on this day, in that location.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
If this is a false flag it's a pretty damn weak one. I think you are seeing Indians behind every tree.

Are you kidding me? Not only was this a false flag, but they didn't even use a real boat. It was all holograms, smoke and mirrors. In fact, the officers that allegedly fired on the hologram was just an animatron.

[edit on 11-9-2009 by tyranny22]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

You given people too much credit. I think there's an abundance of idiots working in the intelligence agencies that would have thought this a good idea.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Apparently it is just a training exercise.... you know same ol' story. Whoever does their scheduling needs to be fired.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by j2000
Homeland Security - Either get your Sh@t together, or shut it down.
You have had 8 years to get communications together and we have this on 9/11? What, are you kidding me?

Is the Coast Guard so lame that they would plan this? I don't think so.

This is just as bad or worst than the Air Force on Fly over this year.
Is Obama doing this crap on purpose? It looks that way..........

If I understand where they are talking about I did NGFS not far from there.

Firing range

I'm not sure its still active but I will tell you this, it was a royal pain in the butt trying to do -anything- there because there was so much civilian traffic. We would get set up to do an exercise and then some guy would come by in his pleasure craft "CHECKFIRE" all day long!

anyway if the range is still active and or exercises are still conducted in the area it would be very easy for the msm to get this encounter seriously wrong.

Edit: Just did some map checking, yes the base etc. is still active. Also to those who say "why would they train on 9/11!", well the military never shuts down entirely for any holiday, let alone a holiday centered around rememberance and preparedness.

[edit on 11-9-2009 by Helmkat]

[edit on 11-9-2009 by Helmkat]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
My countries (Canada) news outlets are saying it was a scheduled excercise? any merrit?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hack28
My countries (Canada) news outlets are saying it was a scheduled excercise? any merrit?

The "scheduled" part should be the easiest thing to pick at!!

The Park Service and Police Force didn't know about it. Apparently the Press wasn't informed. Apparently the FBI didn't know. It isn't on the Coast Guard website.

Can anyone find any sort of "schedule" that had this event on it prior to 10:45 this morning!?!?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

I was wondering when someone would be ready to jump into the spotlight and be the thread's rainy cloud. Grandstanding.... Def from MW > : to play or act so as to impress onlookers

Not sure who I am trying to impress by saying that the news on a day like 9/11 would be viewed differently then another random day. Maybe someone used the wrong word.

Fact is, in order to pay respect for an event like 9/11, you have to take the blinders off that the MSM hands out at every corner and in most homes and view things that happen (especially on a day like this) with cautious eyes. Feel free to paint the attention given on a day like today with a "nothing to see hear, just another day" kinda stroke but don't count on those here to buy into it.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I am new here, but am always monitoring. I find that breaking news and the freshest ideas are almost always found right here on ATS. I felt compelled to start an account today as one thought kept creeping in while reading and watching this thread develop.

The thought is that this "incident" on the Potomac has completely buried the ACORN sting video made by biggovernment.com and any chance that it had of coming to MSM headlines.

Just thought I would share.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I am going to post a thread of my own investigation on this. Its funny how so many stories are coming out from CNN in the last hour to cover their so called "mistake"

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join