It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mohammed is now the third most popular boy's name in England. So why this shabby effort to conceal

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I don't understand where this unnecessary fear mongering and pissing in pants is coming from, a good percentage of the Muslim people are not to be in any way feared or hated. Many are law abiding citizens that love their country, whatever country that may be. There is no sense in allowing this racism to be on ATS and if the mods actually did something, or cared, they would put a stop to it.

But as moderators on popular forums, just like other moderators across the internet, they don't give a ****.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deus Ex Machina 42
I don't understand where this unnecessary fear mongering and pissing in pants is coming from, a good percentage of the Muslim people are not to be in any way feared or hated. Many are law abiding citizens that love their country, whatever country that may be. There is no sense in allowing this racism to be on ATS and if the mods actually did something, or cared, they would put a stop to it.

But as moderators on popular forums, just like other moderators across the internet, they don't give a ****.

Wow, you want discourse on the subject censored? Really?

Show me one quote where racism has been in evidence. We are talking about a religion, not a race. Try to remember that before you start slapping unnecessary derogatory labels on people.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I traveled to London earlier this year, and was shocked at the level of muslim assimilation. I suppose it's the English version of the hispanic growth in America (i.e. the caucasians will be the minority in the decades to come).

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
duplicate post

[edit on 13-9-2009 by JJay55]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by IBeenThereDoneThat
I traveled to London earlier this year, and was shocked at the level of muslim assimilation. I suppose it's the English version of the hispanic growth in America (i.e. the caucasians will be the minority in the decades to come).

If that's where it stops it would be ok. However, that isn't the case. Instead demands for Sharia, increased birth rate, continued threats of terrorism, taqiyya, kismit, fmg, honor killing, belief that all non-muslims are inferior will have consequences that are yet to be seen.

You don't see Mexicans demanding that Mexican law be established in the US!!! You don't see Mexicans threatening with suicide bombers. You do see Christian Mexicans wanting a better life and appreciating their new country.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
A lot of people are sick to their back teeth with the invasion of the UK (and it’s not just a UK problem by any means) and they see what is taking place with the confrontation of what really is a colonisation of their countries as a thing that governments are acquiescent to.

And this acquiescence is real. The problem is that so many people really do not see what Islam is about and what so can not see any significant problem believing that what is taking place is nothing more than the ‘same old same old’ that has always accompanied any wave of immigration.That and Islam as being ‘just another religion’.

In both cases they are wrong.

Never in the past has any group of immigrants refused to integrate with Britain as the host nation in the way that is taking place, never in the past has any group of immigrants carried with them an ideology that includes an absolute imperative to convert the host nation to their beliefs and laws. The only time that what we see taking place now is when what has happened has not been immigration, it has been colonisation and that is exactly what is happening.

My concerns about fundamentalist Islam is based on the way that when Islam comes in the door freedom goes out of the window. The very word ‘Islam’ means submission, submission not based on the will of God, but instead submission to a code of life invented by an individual 1300 odd years ago and that is unchangeable in any way.

Islam is a political religious ideaology, a very interesting article from the BBC in 2005 about a tv programme...How Islam got political: Iran....

news.bbc.co.uk...

My reservations about fundamentalist Islam is not a umbrella hatred of Muslims. If anything I honestly feel a pity for the many decent people who have their lives so utterly dominated by an ideology which is totalitarian with little regard for human rights and who in the case of so many lead honest decent lives in SPITE of this.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
I think people are making a mistake in assuming that birth rates for Muslims will indefinitely continue at the current rate.

People are people. It doesn't matter what your religion is in the end. Almost every group of immigrants to the west, once acclimated to the new world, eventually adapt to its customs and standards; and that mean fewer kids.

People learn that to achieve success for their children, with expensive higher education and all, its best to have smaller families. Pool your resources so the one child can have the best there is available.

Why would the Muslims be any different? Even if their religion teaches to have many, most won't in the end because in this society fewer kids is more practical.

*****You are so naive....you really should study the nature of the "beast" and its history.

Remember, the American Natives were careless about their immigration policies, and look what happened to them.
You're next. You'll be lucky if they give you a Reservation to live on.

[edit on 13-9-2009 by OhZone]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Islamic principle that if an Islamic land is attacked, jihad becomes fard ayn, or incumbent upon every individual believer to join or to aid in any way he can. And one of the ways is having more babies to become Islamic warriors.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
some points,

1. people need to stop with the Jihad Crap
Jihad in its true form isnt Holy war and what some people on here keep on trying to throw around.

2. The Birth Rate is Pure BS as 2nd generation Immagrants follow the same life style as anyone else in the country with few diffrences, Having kids later on in life, only diffrence it seems is the family structure and how close they are compared to others in socites.

3. People need to Learn as much as Honor killing is a very Bad crime and so on
Its not Just in Places with people of the Muslim Faith, Sikh and Hinus also have people who commit this crime, its Not something that stays within one area.

4. People need to look on on what Type of Sharia court is running in the UK and who it effects and the power it holds which is basicaly Jack all unless the people who opt for it agree with it , ( and it doesnt envolve killing people)

i havent seen so much BSing in my life.

we have Boarder line Nazis/racists (and yes i know You cant be racist against any type of religion but then again most people here just seem to be attacking people who follow islam)

i am thankfull are most americans and not from the UK

before anyone says why i take this personaly
as my family moved to Britain, Most these insults are also directed at me and my family.

i will leave with something my late grand father said to me

no matter how much you try
people will always try and put you down and see you as out siders, and never give the same amount of respect back.

[edit on 13-9-2009 by bodrul]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

I find it hard to believe the Nazis in England are Americans.

It is always funny when one cries about being persecuted and their religion attacked, when said person is both anti-American and anti-Semitic...

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

you should take the time and Re-read my reply

Look at the word Most since Most posters here are from the US
and you should read the part where i said you cant be racist againt anytype of religion, so you Learn to Read.

Big diffrence between attacking a faith and attacking People.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

Heh. Denial isn't a river in Egypt.
Jihad is indeed a form of holy war. The goal is to convert non-muslims and have the planet Islamic.
Honor killing cases in the US are on the rise from only muslims.
If Islam is the fastest growing religion and population on the planet then... no... they aren't Westernizing and having 1.2 children.
Sharia Law does dictate stoning for adultry, beheading for converting to Christianity among other things. Sharia law is carried out daily.

Be a dhimmi, that's your choice. Meanwhile many people in the US will defend the law and the country against Islamic terrorism... which isn't going away, where are all the moderates to make terrorism stop btw?
How many mosques in the US and UK have imams and clerics who preach hate? To stay alseep is just what will make the problem worse. Don't be an apologist.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

as a Muslim what the hell is a dhimmi?
i say what i know and have been taught,

is there any point in repeating my self? to someone that will just spew their crap? i know look up in the corner where it says Google search and search Jihad and look up old topics where it has been argued over and over.
look up the older topics about Moderates speaking out againt Terrorists and so on.

as its becoming OLD

edit:
Have fun, i am off this forum.
its the same crap over and over here these days

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Islam "now targets non-Muslim peoples all over, both in the Muslim-ruled lands, where they have steadily been persecuted, humiliated, and their numbers have declined, and in the lands of Dar al-Harb, where the Muslims who have innocently and far too negligently been allowed to settle in large numbers have taken advantage of every benefit the generous Infidel nations provide. These include the kind of education and medical care unobtainable in the Muslim lands. Muslims have also taken advantage of the edifice of human rights guarantees in order not to promote but rather to subvert the very legal and political institutions that gave birth to those rights, and have helped to maintain and even expand them.

The Return of Jihad is a result of the fact that Muslims became both more powerful, and more aware of their power and their ability to spread the message of Islam more fully to fellow Muslims -- and to disrupt, and demoralize, and confuse, and even bully non-Muslim peoples and states that remained, militarily, far more powerful." Hugh Fitzgerald.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
reply to post by stevegmu

you should take the time and Re-read my reply

Look at the word Most since Most posters here are from the US
and you should read the part where i said you cant be racist againt anytype of religion, so you Learn to Read.

Big diffrence between attacking a faith and attacking People.

Yes, but you said this,

as my family moved to Britain, Most these insults are also directed at me and my family.

and are clearly anti-American and anti-Semitic.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   

we have Boarder line Nazis/racists (and yes i know You cant be racist against any type of religion but then again most people here just seem to be attacking people who follow islam)

Well, isn't censoring their free speech a fascist move? Could you quote someone, anyone here who has been racist? If not, please take it back with dignity.

And why did they do that, pray tell?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I take personal offence to the attitude shown here towards bodrul.

It's moderate Muslims like him who are the true victims of this mindless, nonsense fed in certain parts of the UK press. Muslims make up 5% of the British population, so how can Mohammed be the third most popular
Daily Mail suggested it was the first popular last year.

Secondly, majority of the Muslims community are liberal and secular. Are we forgetting the tens of thousands who marched after the London bombings and declared the bombers traitors of Islam. Issued a fatwa against them too? Selected memory, perhaps.

Thirdly, Atheism is rapidly growing with Islam and all religions in the United Kingdom. Evidence showed, across all groups, only 34% of the UK population believes in God or another form of deity. The data includes those from Islamic background too.

Fourthly, the Times showed British Muslims had more faith and respect in our institutions then the rest of us. Not the mentality of "the enemy within"

Finally, read this.
Moderate Muslims 'drive extremists off Luton streets'

Islamist extremists who made headlines with their protest at a parade for returning soldiers were forced off the streets yesterday by an organised demonstration of moderate Muslims.

Mr Baksh said: “There were about 200 of us and just a few of them. We didn’t even let them put their stall up. This is not the end. This is just the beginning.”

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

[edit on 14-9-2009 by infinite]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   

i will leave with something my late grand father said to me

no matter how much you try
people will always try and put you down and see you as out siders, and never give the same amount of respect back.

Are you kidding? I don't think the UK could have been more welcoming of immigrants than it has - particularly Muslim immigrants.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

No Islamic extremism.... but I'm sure something else would have taken its place. I was speaking hypothetically though, and I wouldn't endorse such actions.

But almost everything has benefits long-term at least, such as multicultural kids whose parents travelled to get away from Nazism, or surivivors of the holocaust. Because of this, many children existed, who would not have existed otherwise. So from the tragedy of nazi attrocities, people are alive today, who may not have otherwise existed. That's just how life is!

And what is Islamic extremism? Please do so clarify. There is a huge confusion into this matter.

And the sense that everything has benifits, you should also not forget that everything has negative effects also. It goes both ways, you can't say let's kill everyone because it will make the earth green in the long run.

Your ideas are beyond me, first step of the treatment is openmindedness. Meaning don't simply avoid an information which is beyond your comfort.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

There is no such thing as a moderate muslim. You are either a muslim or you are not a muslim. I have practiced probably longer than he and that's just the way it goes. The sttitude of "typical" muslims is apparent.

what is the tag in the signature: boycott Israeli goods? And so the battle from Islam continues and no one can live in peace.

[edit on 14-9-2009 by JJay55]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join