It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mohammed is now the third most popular boy's name in England. So why this shabby effort to conceal

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
reply to post by JJay55

as a Muslim what the hell is a dhimmi?
i say what i know and have been taught,

is there any point in repeating my self? to someone that will just spew their crap? i know look up in the corner where it says Google search and search Jihad and look up old topics where it has been argued over and over.
look up the older topics about Moderates speaking out againt Terrorists and so on.

as its becoming OLD

edit:
Have fun, i am off this forum.
its the same crap over and over here these days

[edit on 13-9-2009 by bodrul]

Who are you blaming? Isn't it muslims who have made the image and name for themselves? If the words and actions of Islam are violent then no one is to blam but Islam itself. Like your words in this post. over and over again. Yes it is old, please make an effort to change Islam.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by and14263
... these people probably never spent time helping Muslims integrate but these are probably the same people who wouldn't have the time of day for a Muslim who tried to integrate.

I don't know how many Muslims you've been around. I've worked alongside Muslims for about seven years now.

Have you sat in the lounge-room as a guest of a Muslim family who all speak English? Arabic.

Have you been the only non-Muslim in a conversation of Muslim co-workers? Arabic.

Young Muslims are hitching up with our young hotties. Why? Because not all Muslims treat women like the Muslims we see on the news.

Not very many, and if there are a few, that's not the reason.

I know a beautiful, educated 19 year old girl who hitched up with a fat, 58 year-old heroin addict, and became addicted herself and worships the ground this guy walks on. That doesn't make his appeal to her obvious, does it?

I also note quite a few Muslim killings of Westerner women who try to divorce them.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
I think people are making a mistake in assuming that birth rates for Muslims will indefinitely continue at the current rate.

People are people. It doesn't matter what your religion is in the end. Almost every group of immigrants to the west, once acclimated to the new world, eventually adapt to its customs and standards; and that mean fewer kids.

Doesn't look like it to me going by the stats... 600,000 increase since 2004 and you are saying they will have less children? You are either blind to the current situation or having a laugh... a couple of houses down the road there's a Muslim couple with like 9 children!!! That's too many... they just don't stop having kids and i've never seen them working either...

I dunno about you but i don't like the Religion and i don't like their ways...

Having said that there are a few i can see who do try and who are pleasant but the majority just get on my nerves...

Why they have to bring their Religion with them?

Things would be a lot easier in this World without Religion i believe... as others have said it creates Seperatism not to mention Fanatics...

You can believe what you want but i don't think you will like the World in 50 years time if you are still around...

I should also add that i have spotted too many Mohammeds or Abduls on recent letters through the post... I cannot Identify with them at all... they are too different and will always be different....

[edit on 14-9-2009 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I agree with you on one thing. I am really skeptical about religion in general. It definitely has its dark side; no matter what religion you choose to look at.

But my point remains that all people are essentially the same inside and are motivated by the same things. First generation immigrants bring their beliefs and practices with them. I also have neighbours who are refugees from Africa and are Muslim, and they have too many kids for me to count!

As those kids grow up though, they can't help but "absorb" the local culture and the realities that make it work. They want the best for their children, and to realize that, they know that it takes a lot of money in this land. That means spreading it out too thinly just is counterproductive. I don't care what ethnicity a person is, they all want the best for their kids -- and in this land that means materially as well as spiritually.

There has never been a group that bucked this norm for very long. They all succumb to the wish for material wealth and personal success.

Think about it. Isn't that why most of them come here for in the first place; in spite of their religious beliefs.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

I actually thought they came here to change their ways... to get away from that depressive & oppresive World they came from... to embrace our way of life... to not stick together in their hordes... to not try to force their religion upon us in every Town or City which brings me back to the Religion issue...

I'm a Spiritual person myself but i'm against Cults who have and always will make a mess of this World with their religious views!! Been this way since the beginning of time and it's now 2009! I just wish people would grow the funk up!

Take a look at the World, see what's really important and stop thinking of themselves...

[edit on 14-9-2009 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I have no issues with the British allowing the Muslims to take over their nation, albeit by a creeping invasion, after all, it's their country to do with as they please.

I see just 2 problems.

The first is that even the traditionally idle British are still capable of revolt, and it would be a fascist revolt at that. I do consider this highly unlikely though owing to the fact that the "do gooders" over there will be pandering to their internal enemies even as their own throats are being slit, and there are plenty of those idiots to ensure that the current insanity will rule until the very end.

The second problem is the one that concerns me the most.

The British will progressively bolt from their country as it crumbles, and many of them will try to make it across the pond to set up residence here in the US, bringing their twisted and dangerous logic with them, in fact it's already happening with absolute morons like Niall Ferguson spreading his crap at Harvard where he currently lectures.

Thus ex-British nationals can be seen as a disease, infecting and ultimately destroying any country that they populate in sufficient numbers.

I can but hope that our immigration controls keep them out, but with the numbers already coming over here as permanent residents, I doubt it.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

a little harsh on the British don't you think. I dont think we'll all be coming over the pond to infect you with our dangerous way of life. why do you fear a British invaision, sounds madness to me. Do you have a bad aversion to tea or something.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

Actually if all the fear mongering going on on this site is anything to go by, i won't be moving over there... however if it all turns out to be just propaganda i may get a ticket out of here... i'll know next year if the same threads are still coming up on ATS!!

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh

The British will progressively bolt from their country as it crumbles, and many of them will try to make it across the pond to set up residence here in the US, bringing their twisted and dangerous logic with them, in fact it's already happening with absolute morons like Niall Ferguson spreading his crap at Harvard where he currently lectures.

Why on earth would i want to go running to America, i'd rather go to some nice place in Europe 'should' i ever run. No offence but many parts of the USA seem like hell and that's coming from a Brit.

Thus ex-British nationals can be seen as a disease, infecting and ultimately destroying any country that they populate in sufficient numbers.

Riiiight.... Don't forget it's OUR language you are typing with, our invention you are typing on. If you hate Brits that much, i can only imagine that it's because you may be ever so slightly jealous of our achievements.

I can but hope that our immigration controls keep them out, but with the numbers already coming over here as permanent residents, I doubt it.

*SNIP*

Mod Edit: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 14/9/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I have to say that this is both an American and European problem. Many of you are right to say that if we attempted to assimilate their culture we would be chased to the border. Why don't we do the same?

I don't know. It's hard to say whether or not allowing them in is right or wrong, but what I can say is that we should have higher standards of immigration! The US is letting everyone in now, and it's enough for me to want to move to Europe. Only problem is, since I was born American (however of 100% European decent) I would be persecuted to no end in Europa. Also I would be an immigrant myself!

Hey at least I would try to learn your language! Ich bedaure, dass mein Deutsch ist schlecht...

Anyway, I agree with the OP. Not to the point of Muhammad being a popular name but to the point of immigration getting out of hand.

[edit on 14-9-2009 by DaMod]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Why on earth would i want to go running to America, i'd rather go to some nice place in Europe 'should' i ever run. No offence but many parts of the USA seem like hell and that's coming from a Brit.

So of course you have never ever chosen the USA as a holiday destination, hmmmm?

Yep because nothing exists outside America does it you ignoramus. Go play with a shotgun fool.

Ad hominem insults may be a defining British characteristic, but unfortunately they are also against the forum rules. Attack the statement, not the individual.

And that statement is quite clear, the OP stated that Muslims don't matriculate well, and I contend that the British don't either. Hence my opposition to mass relocation, because not only will it happen, it's ALREADY happening.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

No i have never considered America as a holiday destination.... Why would I?

Also i can't help notice underlying elements of racism within your post. This too is against forum rules.

Not very nice eh? Not just a lie, but a considerably racist and nasty insult.

And that statement is quite clear, the OP stated that Muslims don't matriculate well, and I contend that the British don't either.

Maybe you should have a look at a little British history.

P.s Great moderating Mirthfulme: How VERY one sided.

Warn me for a petty insult aka calling somebody a 'fool', but allow racism to escape under your very nose.

Or do these things only work one way?

[edit on 14-9-2009 by mr-lizard]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Originally posted by Retseh

Riiiight.... Don't forget it's OUR language you are typing with, our invention you are typing on. If you hate Brits that much, i can only imagine that it's because you may be ever so slightly jealous of our achievements.

*SNIP*

Mod Edit: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 14/9/2009 by Mirthful Me]

Actually, I live in America. I am surrounded by surreal natural beauty and a vast plethora of wild life. My life here is virtually stress and worry free. Let me show you a picture!

You're right. Ghastly isn't it? Why would anyone ever want to live in a place like this? This is surely what hell looks like.

No i have never considered America as a holiday destination.... Why would I?

See above... Dip *Snip*

Oh and this, north of me.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

The problem is that Brits only seem to resort to ad Hominem insults on this site following your posts. And you know what, I think you rather enjoy it. A shame because I thought you had been showing signs of improvement recently (leaving aside relapses, such as your ramblings about the role of infra-red detection and targeting of sea skimming supersonic missiles in a marine environment). Trust me, any Brit reading this site recently will not be beating a path to what appears to be the Dis-United States of America.

Back on topic. I have grave doubts about the validity and historical/religious roots of Islam. In general, I do not consider it to be a progressive force. However, people must be free to follow their own religious path, within the bounds of the laws of the society in which they live. I also believe that many of the sins laid at the door of Islam have more to do with with the cultural backgrounds of those practising the faith, than the faith itself. 'Muslims' do not constitute a single monolithic bloc. They are not The Borg.

I have Muslim friends of Turkish descent. Their attitude towards their Arab co-religionists is frankly unprintable. I have another friend who is Moroccan and is a remarkable musician and DJ, another who is Algerian and runs a local Bar (and is an expert on Malt whiskey). Both consider themselves proud Muslims. But their views of their Pakistani co-religionists is, again, unprintable.

There are approx. 2.5 million Muslims in the UK. How many do not practice or have quietly dropped their faith is unknown. The vast majority however just want to be left alone to observe their faith in the way they choose.

Most UK Muslims are of Pakistani origin. Many of the original immigrants (now grand parents) tend to be conservative and paternalistic. Some in the North West of England are clearly uncomfortable living in a modern Western Country. Compared to the UK Indian community (including Indian Muslims) they under achieve. In fact they are amongst the lowest achieving socio-economic groups in the UK. Whilst a significant proportion of the comparable generation of Indian descendants are at the forefront of achievement in the Legal system, Medicine, Commerce and Finance.

I believe that much of what we see from young 'loud' Muslims of Pakistani descent in the UK is borne out of sheer bloody frustration at their inability to participate. So they shout about how wonderful Pakistan is, how Islam is going to take over the UK,
how Sharia law will be imposed on the Kafirs. It won't though and they know it.

But still we go on. Worrying about the Muslims, The 'Illegals' who want to share Retseh's cocktails and swimming pool (yeah right). The Chinese who quietly plot the demise of the West, in between making garden furniture for for Europeans and Americans. The Russians and their plans to control the the Worlds energy supplies, The Iranians,The North Koreans, the Texan secessionists and let us not forget the shape shifting lizards and the Illuminati.

One could developing a very odd outlook on the world, by using this site as the sole source of news and analysis.

[edit on 14/9/09, by Fang]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Fang

Lol thank you for changing it. You had me confused on whether or not that was directed towards me.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Hi all, last night was the Last Night of the Proms, an occasion that celebrates the true eccentrisness of the British people. There was no sign of any of our ethnic friends waving the flag of St George or indeed any other flag celebrating the event. Surely if they want to accept our culture a little flag waving wouldn`t have helped, it could even have been their flag! We are expected to support their culture why not ours for one evening?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

My apologies. Not sure what happened there. You are of course right about the stunning beauty of many parts of the US. Work tends to take me to L.A. and I have friends in New York and Connecticut. I'd love to spend time in Montana and to drive along the California coast. One day.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Fang

Don't forget about Yellowstone or the Grand Tetons. I've always wanted to make that drive myself. The California coastline is beautiful and so is Montana. I actually try to vacation (or holiday as you would call it) in Montana at least once a year.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

That's what i need.... Space to breath, Nature to be around.... not this City life with concrete & Brick everywhere....

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

It would amaze you how clean the air is here. You can tell the difference in a single breath! The water is also clean and pollution free (for now). The terrain is so beautiful, there is no way I would ever go back to the city life. Plus the cost of living is unbelievably low. Most likely a small fraction of what you experience.

There are still areas here that have never been set foot on by mankind. I've been places not far from here that have no evidence that man ever existed. Just for fun, let me show you one of my favorite fishing holes.

This is the Bear River about 5 minutes from my house at the state park.

Or the Wasatch National Forest 20 mins away.

Mirror Lake also Located in Wasatch National Forest.

The list would go on forever if I posted all the amazing stuff around here. So I'll end it with that.

Mods please don't delete, my future posts here will be on topic.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join