It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mohammed is now the third most popular boy's name in England. So why this shabby effort to conceal

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Appreciate = understand.

2nd

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Well, their excuse is actually logical. Computer programs will differ between Mohammed and Muhammed so their top 10 list wont show any of them near the top. Should they combine Tomas och Thomas as well?

But the fact remains. There is a lot of people named Muhammed and the list would look different if all similar names would have been grouped as one.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
So... what?
Why should anyone care what someone names their kid?
Even if they are third on the list if the two names are combined, what exactly does that prove?

As for immigration, we DO need tighter reins on our borders.

And since it's being discussed, radicals and the PC brigade are really starting to annoy me.

In Notts you can't buy Christmas cards that say Merry Christmas in certain shops anymore because it 'upsets muslims'.
They can no longer put trees up or banners with Merry Christmas for the same reasons.

Does anyone remember the school from ages ago that cancelled the nativity play for the same reason?

I may not be religious anymore, but the last time I checked this was a christian country that celebrated christian festivals nationally, so it irks me when people disrespect that and try to take it away on grounds of 'we find it offensive'.

I find big corporations ideals offensive, maybe we should ban them?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
Of course there will people trying to call this fear mongering, but to me it's clear. We are being out-bred.

So whose stopping your ilk from outbreeding the 'immigrants'? If muslims CAN than why CAN'T YOU?

While the birth rate of indigenous people of Europe is declining, the number of Muslims is growing rapidly.

Ahh the 'indigeneous people'

Is it muslims fault that the indigeneous women only prefer to get married when they are at the mid ages, who prefer a successful career more than family, who dream of fancy cars and luxury holidays,who only prefer to have one or two kids who will end up with a dozen step dads.So please tell me whose to blame?

Muslims work hard and prioritise family more than material and thats the reason they have big famillies and strong bonds.

Nothing wrong with that, we've always been very tolerant but at the same time we expect foreigners to contribute to our society, integrate and participate. And that's were the problem lies.

Muslims contribute billions in taxes in UK.

Muslims do not integrate.

So what do you want them to intergrate into?

-Hooliganism
-Binge drinking, alcoholism
-Basterdization of society
-A culture with no family values
-A society where religion is being scrapped and athiesm is becoming a norm,'we are all apes n chimps chill out have fun'.
-A society where teenage pregnancy is highest in the Europe.
-A society that doesn't know the meaning of Respect or Discipline
-Divorce are at the highest rate
-Promiscuosty, adultery

Let's compare that to the Muslims in this country. Enough Muslims who came here as labor migrants in the 60s and 70s still do not speak a word Dutch. They simply refuse.

Those who came to UK during 50s and 60s were hard working labour, they might not have spoken english but their 2nd and 3rd generations are very fluent at it.

At the same time, they (ab)use social benefits, scholarships and get whole families to emigrate to our country. They can build Mosques while at the same time Saudi-Arabia and other Muslim countries refuse churches to be build.

The social benefit system benefits the Chav population in UK more than all the immigrants combined together.

It doesn't make me surprised that they are seen as the parasites of society.

Parasites? They are parasites because they don't follow your way of ideal life?

Let's be honest, our wealth is the only reason they came in the first place.

No doubt about that.

We can all stick our heads in the sand and act as if nothing is wrong, like our politicians do, but I for one refuse to do so.

So what do you expect your politicians to do? You want them to get the millitary on muslims and commit mass genocide like the serbs did in kosovo?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Mohammed is now the third most popular boy's name in England. So why this shabby effort to conceal it?

www.dailymail.co.uk

This week, the Office of National Statistics published a list of the most popular boys' names in Britain: Jack, Oliver, Thomas, Harry, Joshua, Alfie, Charlie, Daniel.

There is just one small problem: the list is deceitful. In reality, the third most popular choice for boy children born last year in England and Wales was not Thomas, but Mohammed.
(visit the link for the full news article)

How utterly uncreative .......Hmmm I know .." lets name my child after some guy I've never met, in honor of him, even though he will never know I named my child after him because he has been dead for centuries..."

And soon follows everyone in the village...

I blame it on people not being very bright......If you were more wise you would possibly realize that naming your child the same as everyone on your block is not the wisest thing to do.....

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
What's funny is I read people writing about getting sick of Muslims not integrating in England, yet not only have these people probably never spent time helping Muslims integrate but these are probably the same people who wouldn't have the time of day for a Muslim who tried to integrate.

So a Muslim integrates. What exactly does that mean? They live here, they keep themselves to themselves. They have integrated fine. It's the British population who are either uneducated or too easily led by the tabloid press.

Here's the important bit. Mohammed is the 3rd most popular name because of successful integration. Young Muslims are hitching up with our young hotties. Why? Because not all Muslims treat women like the Muslims we see on the news.

I'm not a Muslim but due to previous work I know hundreds and every single one shows more family values, politeness, spiritual awareness and understanding than most British people.

[edit on 12-9-2009 by and14263]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

Oh and to add... My friend is named after his dead brother. Is that stupid? I mean, his dead brother is never going to even know, utterly pointless.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

There is a big difference between a 'Muslim' and a 'European'. A European is someone from Europe, a Muslin is a religious designation. There are many groups of European Muslins, as well as immigrants who are Muslim. By the same token, there are many Europeans of other faiths.

Why are we (white Europeans) so afraid of Islam? Is it really that different from the Christian doctrine that Europe has suffered under for the past millennia?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

By 2050, over 15% of the 16 million people in the Netherlands will be of foreign decent, primarily Turkish and Moroccan.

That's very mild compared to what's happening in Britain and France.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
It's a powder keg over there right now and it's going to get worse. The reason it's going to get worse is land mass. There isn't much of it there. It's going to get so tight it will be like a knife fight in a phone booth.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Oh no, in future all of our kids' friends will be called "Mohammed", "Ali", "Allah", "Durka", or "Jihad"!

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Seriously though, we had muslims riots today in London, over 1000 of 'em protecting a mosque. It was crazy!

It can only get worse, I think the population levels of muslims are already high enough for riots to be commonplace from now onwards. At some point when levels get even higher, I wonder if the army may have to step in.

Will we see muslims penned in, in places like Bradford, Birmingham, leeds, Leicester etc, just to protect the indigenous. That can only lead to holy wars against over a billion people, and either us or them exterminated!

Sounds a little pessimistic, but if ever a pro-nazi european leader emerges again, we could see another fascist killing spree - muslims this time!

Interesting that if the Nazi's won the war, as they could have if hitler were more tactially sound, I wonder if muslims would have been next on their list after the jews. Quite probably so! Every negative action has future positive actions, possibly even exterminations of races. Even if the human race were wiped out by an asteroid, a future species would probably emerge and evolve in the distant future to dominate instead, which wouldn't have had the chance possibly had humans still been around. Similar to how the dinosaurs dying out probably gave us the chance!

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

All that ranting and you still haven't told us the advantages of killing almost 2 billion Muslims

I would love to hear it.

oozy

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

You are so right. Not !!
Britains or Americans don't move entire clans to another country and then try to change it...

No...
Brits and Americans just Start Wars or get involved in other countries business and force Democratic/Parliamentary Government systems on them.
Oh and lets not forget all of the christian missionaries that have "spread the word" to the point of
whole societies/races losing all of their own original beliefs and customs.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
ah man, so much ignorance in the world, you people realise that islam is a religion not a race right? you can get asian muslims, black muslims (i believe there are a fair few black muslims in the US) there are even a good portion of white muslims these days. you cant generalise a whole religion on a small minority of social degenerates. As for out-breeding the so called master ra - sorry i mean the "native" englishmen, is there such a thing? if you go back far enough most people who class themselves as english have some other nationality somewhere along the lines. its just more scare mongering from the daily mail in my opinion.

most of the muslims i have met are hard working and polite and speak better english then me. sure theres the few who arent, but there a groups like that in all parts of society. do you think they generalise all christians based on the grand dragon of the KKK? - now i dont know if the grand dragon is a christian, But hey hes white so lets just assume that he is. i means thats what we do about asians right? you see a few who dont speak the queens english (which is apparantly a crime and the beginning of their master plan to outbreed us) and intstantly they're clearly muslim, though in actual fact they could be any number of religions regardless of their skintone.

as the saying goes: whats in a name?

[edit on 12-9-2009 by Jdizzay87]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by merkava

Brilliant post, my sentiments exactly. people need to stop fearing this "straw man" hypothesis that somehow a minority of Muslims are going to impose sharia Law on the general populace. There are 2 million muslims in this country only a very small minority of those want to impose sharia Law. Not going to happen. stop fearing it.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I got this story a few days ago, but your description is different, so it's okay. Variety in views is good.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
First hand experience ...

My business partner is Muslim. He's Turkish, born in Cypress and has lived in Australia since he was 10 years old. He's a practicing Muslim who goes to the mosque every Friday for prayers.

He has a wife and one daughter. He has no plans for any more children. I know his entire family very well, and have done so for years.

When the twin towers were attacked, I seen first hand his families reaction. We all sat around and discussed the terrible events. Their reaction was no different from my own families reaction, who just happen to be Australian (Scottish and English decent)

I can't count the times I've stirred him up about being a Muslim. At our work place, there is not a day goes by without one of us having a lend of him about being a Muslim.
A package arrives in the mail ..."make sure its not ticking" hahaha
Guy with the lunch deliveries arrives ..."did you get the pork sandwiches?"
The list goes on.

Not once, not a single time have we ever argued or fought about religious differences or political beliefs. My work place has one Israeli, two Muslims, three Vietnamese, two of which where raised in New Zealand. (You gotta hear a Vietnamese speak with a New Zealand accent)

The religious differences at our work are vast - Muslim, Christian, Jewish and Buddhist. Talk about multicultural ....

Never a problem, EVER!

If we believed what the news tells us, we'd all be sworn enemies. The fact is the majority of immigrant peoples of all nationalities are hard working NORMAL people.
I've been to uncountable birthdays, weddings, religious holidays, events, different new years and so on. Sometimes the only "white" guy there.
Every single person I've encountered has been polite and respectful.

I'm not saying there isn't radicals out there, from ALL walks of life. Radical religious people from all faiths and so on.
But the other side needs to be told as well. Some of my closest friends are not white nor Christian, but they are friends, real friends.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

Do you know why there were riots? You should because the man who instigated them has been on the MSM this week.

In a radio interview yesterday he openly admitted to hating all Muslims and said ALL Muslims were extremists.

The mosque in question has indeed been attended by three seperate Muslim extremists over the last few years, these guys have been convicted for crimes. I'm also pretty certain there'll be a few more extremists in there and other Mosques. This is just like a Christian church... there will be people who attend who are criminals, who have secrets, who have dirty habits. Does that mean all Christians are bad?

I can't remember the man's name, he was on BBC Radio5 Live yeasterday around 2pm-5pm.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Everybody can see the writing on the wall. This will cause mass conflict in the future. Ever seen the movie "Children of Men?"

I have seen that film and despite my ever increasing dislike of extremists in this country, it is exactly why i will never vote for a party like BNP. They wont just out with extremists, they'll be out with EVERYONE and more then likely set about it in a inhumane nazi way.

I wish a politician would grow a pair and support the ever dwindling majority so that we dont have to rely on partys such as the BNP to do the dirty work.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join