It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's national flag to fly outside White House

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

I am only on page three, but your posts seem to dismiss everyone's claim that this is not a state visit, merely a celebration of the founding of the PRC.
I can show you news links that say this is not a state visit, but a celebration of the PRC founding. Can you show me supporting articles for your posts?
I thought not. You and BH are both spewing what is obviously opinions, all in a tizzy because your man was attacked.
So will you finally own up to this statement of yours, or are you merely deflecting because you have none?
As a celebration of the founding of the PRC, whatever date it happens, I find it more than offensive.
People can not tell me I should worry about Global warming, Slavery, Debt, and other world issues, and then tell me I shouldn't care about the government of a communist country (that cares not for individual liberty) having a celebration of their founding on my G-D FRONT LAWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone against this point of view is truly un-American, no doubt in my mind, or the minds of MANY OF US HERE!

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

There is certainly some truth to that, but we don't have a right to dictate anything to them anyway. The US is one country, we're a Republic, and we shouldn't pretend to be a global Swat Team or a hegemonic power or anything else - we're certainly no angels, and going around the world bombing people in the name of "human rights" seems... paradoxical at best.

Frankly, I'm with Thomas Jefferson: "peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations, entangling alliances with none."

Let the Chinese run China, and let the United States run the United States.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

It is a collective you and I.
As in, the people of this country allowing these things to happen by not stopping them.
I'm often reminded of the Stones - Sympathy for the Devil.

"They shouted out, who killed the Kennedy's, when afterall it was you and me."

Very true words.

Yes, I would agree but then what if we can't stop them. As is highlighted in the following quote by a very wise person:

I get upset by a lot of things in on these forums, but most times it is when I hear that the Government is ignoring the will of the masses.

Seems to me that because the government ignored us masses (is that proper english?), that we've incurred an enormous amount of debt that has to be funded by selling U.S. Treasuries to...... China!

[edit on 4/9/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
China is in no position to attack the US, they really don't represent any kind of credible military threat to us except in their own backyard. They really have no offensive capability against the US, and don't seem to be trying very hard to change that.

I am not a big fan of the PRC, but we're way past the Cold War situation, and it's time to grow up and get real.

China's Growing Military

During a recent Naval exercise a Chinese Song Class submarine surfaced close to the U.S.S. Kitty Hawk, evading more than 12 American ships to reach the super-carrier. The end of the Cold War made the United States the world's preeminent military power, but China's spectacular economic growth has given it the resources to fund its armed forces. China's military advancements have begun to challenge the technological superiority that the U.S. enjoys. With Chinese military spending unknown and the People's Liberation Army growing every year, America cannot count on unrivaled military superiority indefinitely.

U.S., Japan to address China's growing military

The senior State Department official said that while China's main goal of expanding its military might is to intimidate Taiwan, it is also trying to demonstrate its power in the region and operating in areas where the United States has operations, "which is not a good thing."

The official added that Japan is concerned about moves by China, such as a recent incursion into Japanese waters by a Chinese submarine.

INCREASED SPENDING:

- China has reported nearly two decades of almost unbroken double-digit rises in declared defense budgets being used to modernize ships, planes and weapons. Many analysts believe China's real level of military spending is significantly higher.

China's Growing Navy Worries U.S.

China's Growing Navy Worries U.S.
International Herald Tribune
December 31, 2004

One day in November, a nuclear-powered Chinese Navy submarine quietly slipped past this western Pacific island, home port for five supply and ammunition ships positioned here by the U.S. military for rapid deployment around the world.

"We are watching them," a crew member of a U.S. Navy nuclear attack submarine said at an American fast food restaurant while on shore leave here. "The Chinese are a real concern."

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
[face palm]

[shakes head]

Reads posts

[sighs]

My father fought during the Korean "police action" (as well as WWII); and I am glad he is not subject to this event, because it would break his heart (at least I think so).

My father would have voted for Obama on principle - namely that mother-fixated fat middle-aged white men had overstayed their welcome in our government. He would have resisted all the indicators showing that tragically, as with prior presidents, his personal ideology was more important to him than the people he swore to serve.

This however would not be well received by him. These people put him through hell. He went because he had to. He fought because it was his duty. And they fought because it was theirs.

Consider, if you will, could we gather about 4 or 5 thousand tourists in Beijing and have them raise the American flag at their seat of government? Would they 'celebrate' our nation in their capital?

We are celebrating the destruction of the middle and upper class in China. Sounds like a real success, huh? We are celebrating the same people who have opposed our efforts (or so we are told) since 60 years ago. Now that they practice capitalism of the state they are OK? I see this as a diplomatic capitulation to global indebtedness.

Sorry, I've heard the arguments why this should not be a concern, or we are being too sensitive. They fail to persuade.

For the record: I object.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Oh yeah, I agree with you to this end.
However, we cannot fault the Obama administration for the culminating point of 50 years of wrongheaded domestic and foreign policy.
All we can do is fault ourselves, or more aptly we can fault our parents AND OURSELVES for not fixing it then or now.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

Youre right about the state reception ceremony, but your forgetting that theres no visitng diplomat. That makes this different imo.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Actually, I think it goes back further to the 1920's (even before the PRC was in existance) and the institution of the Federal Reserve. That is when we lost control. That is something we could have stopped (maybe). Anything since then has been controlled by those who control the money (as is always the sad case). I'm sorry but, unlike Mr. Obama, I am not an American apologist and do not see where "we the people" have had a choice really.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
You really can't trust all these sites at their word. They'll take any sensationlist story and run with it. The truth:

www.foxnews.com...

No flag flying at the White House.

Across the street, yea. Not at our nations capitol, however.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

The American people may not have had a choice in the actions taken by their Government, they have always had the CHARGE of self-governance.
If you collectively fail to act, you are going to pay the price for that.

This is effectively off topic, but this is the approach I take to all of these matters, and thankfully for Obama, this approach has actually saved him a tongue lashing, by myself, on this one issue.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

Originally posted by charlie0

I am not aware if the flags of other nations are flying there too. If this is going to be the only flag besides US flag than I will be very much concerned about it.

Charlie, you should be very concerned even without that. This is communist China we're talking about.

Oh, I just pee peed a little in my mouth...

We need to tell CHINA to RETURN all the debt they have boughten from us NOW!

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
It's ironic we can happily buy TONS of Chinese products every year, and just as easily let them suck up our debt, but when it comes to a flag, suddenly, they are an evil, communistic nation. In fact, I don't think ironic begins to cover it.

Oh, and let's judge countries on their history. They should really have taken a page from how our country developed. You know... how we killed and displaced Native Americans, kept their land, and then enslaved Africans. Yes... we are a model country, other nations could learn much from us. We should be damn proud.

[edit on 4-9-2009 by fleabit]

link   
God help you yanks....Civil War is a comin ya hear?

I hate Obama so much!

link   

The American people may not have had a choice in the actions taken by their Government, they have always had the CHARGE of self-governance.
If you collectively fail to act, you are going to pay the price for that.

This is effectively off topic, but this is the approach I take to all of these matters, and thankfully for Obama, this approach has actually saved him a tongue lashing, by myself, on this one issue.

I will say that in that respect, yes we are responsible.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
Seems the "patriots" here don't wanna see any other flag besides their own.

It's not just any other country. It is a communist country.

It's for a day. Not forever. Calm down.

Nope. It's disgusting.

Go eat some freedom fries

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
It's ironic we can happily buy TONS of Chinese products every year, and just as easily let them suck up our debt, but when it comes to a flag, suddenly, they are an evil, communistic nation. In fact, I don't think ironic begins to cover it.

It's because flags are very symbolic - to a LOT of people. That is the reason why there are so many rules and actual laws associated with them and how to use them, etc. Symbolism is usually very emotional.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Good, now we just gotta' figure out how to straighten course! Cause the ship is headed straight at the lighthouse.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Seems the "patriots" here don't wanna see any other flag besides their own.

It's not just any other country. It is a communist country.

It's for a day. Not forever. Calm down.

Nope. It's disgusting.

Go eat some freedom fries

Ok but I'm not sharing with people who don't like freedom fries. Fair enough?

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by fraterormus
Do people have selective memories?

This is occurring on the South Lawn of the White House (or backyard if you will). This is nothing new. This is part of the State Arrival Ceremony that has been preformed since 1961 in which a visiting head of state or head of government is formally welcomed to the United States. The ceremony usually begins a state visit, and is the setting of the initial contact between the two heads of state during the visit.

During the initial part of the State Arrival Ceremony, when the foreign head of state arrives, the flags of the fifty States and several territories are held aloft by members of the United States armed services, and the flag of the country of the visiting dignitary is flown alongside the flag of the United States.

This is a diplomatic gesture to show that while the flag is flown, the head of state of that foreign nation has been received at the White House.

[edit on 4-9-2009 by fraterormus]

What if you are more right than you can imagine?

What if this is for a "head of state ceremony" - for our new head of state and obama's real master from Beijing - since they own us as others have said?

[edit on 9/4/2009 by centurion1211]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Good, now we just gotta' figure out how to straighten course! Cause the ship is headed straight at the lighthouse.

Well it is becoming increasing obvious that there will be only one way because all of the other ways have been tried already and have failed. I'm just not ready to admit that there's not an alternative way that hasn't been thought of yet.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join