It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's national flag to fly outside White House

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

I've read the article and the entire thread.
I am voicing agreement with a few other posters above that of yours.
Is there a problem with that?

Yes but please tell me where you base your opinion from then. Are you saying that this is a receiving ceremony and NOT a celebration of the birth of a communist country?

Overseas Chinese planned the ceremony in the US to celebrate China’s National Day, which falls on October 1.

“The ceremony has gotten official approval,” Xiao Shuigen, secretary of the Union of Chinese American Professional Organizations, said Sunday.

According to He Xiaohui, chairman of the Coordination Council of Chinese-American Associations, the ceremony is hosted by overseas Chinese organizations.

To celebrate the 60th birthday of China, and to express their love for the motherland, overseas Chinese will raise the Chinese flag at 10 am that day.

[edit on 4/9/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Elliot

What????

The second world war started on:

11 3 9 1939

or

11 am on the 3rd of 9th, 1939.

The start of the war is generally held to be September 1, 1939, with the German invasion of Poland and subsequent declarations of war on Germany by most of the countries in the British Empire and Commonwealth, and by France. Many countries were already at war before this date, such as Nationalist China and Japan in the Second Sino-Japanese War...

en.wikipedia.org...

Really, IF you wish to use crackpot "numerology"....at least get your 'facts' correct!

Trying to equate nonsense of dates, as you are, is ridiculous in this event...or in ANY other!!!

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I am saying that I imagine it IS, in fact, a receiving party that the Chinese Government will send a dignitary to on a day that they chose to closely coincide with their national birthday.
I've also stated that I don't believe the whitehouse has a say in this because we are indebted to the Chinese for an unbelievable sum.

Their hands are tied.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

I've also stated that I don't believe the whitehouse has a say in this because we are indebted to the Chinese for an unbelievable sum.

That is certainly the scary part!! What if they decide they want to leave it up there or cut off our allowance?!?

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Dignitary or not it's goal is to:

To celebrate the 60th birthday of China, and to express their love for the motherland, overseas Chinese will raise the Chinese flag at 10 am that day.

Not to receive a dignitary as a show of courtesy. Sure, a dignitary may attend but the flag raising is not for that purpose.

Please show me where this has been done before for a communist country. I'm not doubting if they do it this time that it will happen again, just that it's ever been done before.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

They've already begun to cut off our allowance.
This is why our Government will *continue* to grab its ankles for the people's republic.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I understand that you are upset.
I just don't share the sentiments. Sorry.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

I understand that you are upset.
I just don't share the sentiments. Sorry.

You seriously don't see what's wrong with this? Or, what sentiments are you referencing? Also, when has this been done before?

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Modern China is still very authoritarian, however except for the name they're about as "Communist" as McDonalds

China is propping up our teetering economy right now (they want us to keep to buying their stuff), as theirs continues to grow, I don't think we ought to be treating them as if they were still an enemy.

Frankly, the China hype on ATS never ceases to amaze me.

China is in no position to attack the US, they really don't represent any kind of credible military threat to us except in their own backyard. They really have no offensive capability against the US, and don't seem to be trying very hard to change that.

I am not a big fan of the PRC, but we're way past the Cold War situation, and it's time to grow up and get real.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Oh, I'm not saying that I think it is cool (
) or anything.
I'm just not upset by it.
I understand it for what it is and understand that our Government doesn't have any say in this. Therefore, I can't fault the Government for allowing it and I'm CERTAINLY not going to beat the war-drum against China.

We allowed this, you and I. We only need to look in a mirror.

I get upset by a lot of things in on these forums, but most times it is when I hear that the Government is ignoring the will of the masses. This is something that they have no choice in.
None at all.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

China is in no position to attack the US, they really don't represent any kind of credible military threat to us except in their own backyard. They really have no offensive capability against the US, and don't seem to be trying very hard to change that.

China has never been very interested in ruling the world. They are content with running their own country, and they typically only counter the aggression of the West as need be. (Think Vietnam and Korea) The main sticky issues are Tibet and Taiwan, and now a few Ancient villages that are being "modernized."

So, I agree that they don't need to attack the US, nor do they want to, but they have learned a lot from our own CIA, and they are now mimicking the M.O of the US behind the scenes! They have many spies, they contributed a bunch of money to Bill Clinton, they have operatives, and they have influence! Their tentacles are now firmly ingrained in our society, and they have effectively destroyed our ability to dictate policy or Human Rights to them! They have already won the war they were interested in!

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Oh, I'm not saying that I think it is cool (
) or anything.
I'm just not upset by it.
I understand it for what it is and understand that our Government doesn't have any say in this. Therefore, I can't fault the Government for allowing it and I'm CERTAINLY not going to beat the war-drum against China.

We allowed this, you and I. We only need to look in a mirror.

I get upset by a lot of things in on these forums, but most times it is when I hear that the Government is ignoring the will of the masses. This is something that they have no choice in.
None at all.

I don't remember, personally, me ever going out and offering U.S. Treasuries for sale. In fact, I don't remember ever authorizing the government to rack up the kind of debt that needed to be bought by China. How did I contribute to this again?

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Why is China hanging their flag over in the United States? Does that mean that the US hangs our flag over there?

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by anonymous87
Why is China hanging their flag over in the United States? Does that mean that the US hangs our flag over there?

That'll be the day! No way possible that would ever occur.

link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
reply to post by JayinAR

Dignitary or not it's goal is to:

Raise this First!

[edit on 5-9-2009 by SLAYER69]

link   
Well it only fits the current administration. a President that surrounds himself with proud communists celebrating the birth of a communist nation. Think of the millions that Mao killed, remember the man run over by a tank trying to practice free speech, how about the organs of prisoners being sold to the highest bidder, or forcing abortions due to a one child policy.

Obama just wishes he had the power that China has over it's citizens. This makes me absolutely sick and kills all "HOPE" I may have for this country. Obama just confirmed that we are soon headed for some type of government that doesn't look anything like the USA we all know.

Carry on comrades, nothing to see here!

link   
Personnally, I would think - this would break numerous Protocols.
and if it were in celebration, have it downtown at court house. not the white house. I would like to see their reaction, when\if someone shot it with white and blue paint balls, or defaced it some way. I would like to see how the leadership responds. I think the cat would come out of the bag...
what do you think... it sure as heck would be funny.
you guys know thats is our house, we raised nickles to refurbish it, and we paid again for remodeling recently, how do we serve eviction notices...?

did anyone ask us..? sorry guys got confused again, I thought I was in America.
yall are probably right we are "Under New Management" .
and all people not hired will be terminated. is that the new conspiracy theory. GA guidestones says 500million global. and Ted Turner said what
do away with 6 billion usless eaters or was that George Green.. ah.. and now we have total government wrong doing going on, if I were in a another nation I would be sort of scared. because our government is getting very desperate. and it is a nuclear power. it can win a war against say China in 30 mins. but half the earth would be glowing in the dark.
We believe we the people spent 40 million tax dollars to plant wheat but poppies came up instead. teleban executed growers of opium. and now we have opium and no wheat.. sort of says we paid for the reverse to occur. now we have to be there to fight to keep it and a pipeline... thats the thing a damn Oil Pipeline needs protection. and since our war, afgani opium is everywhere in Europe.
I dont understand anymore - the lies - the crimes - you name it, I'm just sick of it... lets do something like form a Republic. lets call it a "united States of America". I think that is correct lower u.
also, we use to have a 13th Ammendment to the Constitution that vanished during the Civil War. google missing 13th ammendment.

I get it now.... put the Chinese Flag at the White House, make a big deal of it and piss off the people -- maybe they will attack us...

[edit on 4-9-2009 by Anti-Evil]

link   

It is a collective you and I.
As in, the people of this country allowing these things to happen by not stopping them.
I'm often reminded of the Stones - Sympathy for the Devil.

"They shouted out, who killed the Kennedy's, when afterall it was you and me."

Very true words.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by GigaloCool

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by on_yur_6

Since we're taking our Geopolitical discussion old school, lets explore the race riots of the sixties here in these "FREE" United States?
Where does that fit in with your condemnation paradigm?
How about the WAR that was Raged in Tulsa, Oklahoma. When the military BOMBED its own city?

This is diplomacy people.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join