It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you have questions about the Bible?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
[I saw mother cleaning up the blood in heaven. It wasnt meant to be there. No one stood with her. It was very sad. She was very scared. No one taught her that someone was picking up her wrongs for her or that she was not to own up to her mistakes. She was being made perfect through relearning, which were things she was told she would not remember nor could tell me.]

I dont understand why your mother would be cleaning up blood in heaven (that makes no sense )Maybe God was showing her something else and your just not getting what it means (symbolically) ..........it may be something your missing here about the BLOOD .........that you havent considered yet .........(most dreams and NDE etc are symbolic in meaning not literal ) maybe he was showing her she was trying to clean up the blood herself (doing away with what CHRIST DID for her) ...........maybe .he was showing her she would be decieved into thinking that the blood of Christ is NULL and VOID (due to your convincing her it is of no significance) ......

Jhn 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
Jhn 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
Jhn 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Jhn 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Jhn 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

You people are as bad as most of the church people they believe they can stand on their own righteousness what righteousness are you standing on
as our righteousness is as filthy rags according to scripture .........
Isa 64:6 But we are all as an unclean [thing], and all our righteousnesses [are] as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

Another thing we did not send the Son of God to die for our sins (GOD DID)
We did not cry out for his blood to be shed for our iniquity ....We also do not believe that we can escape any judgement comeing to us ...Even scripture says we will be held accountable for the things we have done AFTER we believe in him ........it is our past sins (IF WE HAVE REPENTED and TURNED FROM THEM) that he forgives ....after that we will be held accountable ...

Hbr 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

1Pe 1:18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, [as] silver and gold, from your vain conversation [received] by tradition from your fathers;

1Pe 1:19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

1Pe 1:20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

1Jo 4:10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son [to be] the propitiation for our sins.

*(PAUL says the same thing that the SON (JESUS) IS THE PROPITIATION FOR OUR SINS)
Rom 3:25 Whom God hath set forth [to be] a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

READ THIS WHOLE CHAPTER it explains it all
Hbr 10:26 ¶ For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
Hbr 10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
Hbr 10:28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
Hbr 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
Hbr 10:30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance [belongeth] unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.
Hbr 10:31 [It is] a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

propitiation
1) relating to an appeasing or expiating, having placating or expiating force, expiatory; a means of appeasing or expiating, a propitiation

a) used of the cover of the ark of the covenant in the Holy of Holies, which was sprinkled with the blood of the expiatory victim on the annual day of atonement (this rite signifying that the life of the people, the loss of which they had merited by their sins, was offered to God in the blood as the life of the victim, and that God by this ceremony was appeased and their sins expiated); hence the lid of expiation, the propitiatory

b) an expiatory sacrifice

c) a expiatory victim
www.blueletterbible.org...
MERCYSEAT (Read about this in the OT)

[edit on 8-9-2009 by Simplynoone]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
That would be understandable if I would of had these thoughts about the blood sacrafices before her experience and shared them with her....but I wasnt and didnt.

Even though I began to refute alot of the OT before her experience....my understandings of this being a carnal action of men and not God came after.

Understanding takes time, sifting and weighing.

I also did not share many beliefs with mom before her experience. She was null and void of listening. The only things we really discussed before her experience books that may of been left out of the Bible and why they would of been. We never got off real deep of personal thoughts before the experience.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Well then maybe your mom thought as alot of people do that you can clean up your own self and stand before God without any covering whatsoever ..
In other words thinking that all you need to do is be a good person to enter heaven ....

Scripture says you cannot inherit the kingdom on your own goodness .....
We are all UNCLEAN (inside we have the heart soul and mind of mankind (carnal fleshly ) ...even our thoughts are unclean continuously ..
So without CHRIST LIVING WITHIN US (it is not us but CHRIST who lives IN US he is the one who CHANGES US from the inside out ) we have no chance whatsoever .................

(Notice the spirit of GOD was not in them in the OT .... until CHRIST CAME and died and rose again and sent the HOLY SPIRIT at pentecost) no man had the spirit of GOD in them ..............................
Eze 36:27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do [them].
(Notice it says he WILL (not did) put his spirit within them (so its not something we are born with ) Technically speaking we have HIS BREATH OF LIFE in us from birth but not the HOLY SPIRIT till we BELIEVE and ACCEPT the LORD JESUS CHRIST then he SENDS The HOLY SPIRIT to live IN YOU .

It is a POSESSION that takes place and I will agree with you that no WORDS of a book can do this ..it is a HEART CHANGE (REPENTING) and a MIND CHANGE (Admitting that we do not KNOW THE WAY without his leading us ) and FAITH that he is real ..and will do what he says he will do .
Also once you do these things then YOU ARE TO WALK THEN AS HE WOULD (in all humility and grace WALKING SOFTLY and HUMBLY before the LIVING GOD ) being careful not to stumble back into sin which will lead to death (both body and soul) ............................

Your paths are directed by GOD if you have his son IN YOU >..

The book does give you directions though so it is not to be tossed or replaced with some Gnostic new age mumbo jumbo ............

I have read all the GNOSTIC tEXTS and they ARE CONTRARY to what the BIBLE says ..........
So you have determined that WISDOM (your sophia)is better than SALVATION so be it unto you ...
(it is wisdom of this world and the wisdom of man you have fallen into )

I am praying for you all ......Gramma I will keep you in my prayers ...You too Leo and Badmedia ..good luck with the trying to save yourselves ...
I do hope for your sakes that you do find the way to actually UNDERSTAND the ATONEING BLOOD OF JESUS CHRIST ...........

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

Mother held true as a Christian woman. She believed in being washed in the blood of the perfect lamb. She understood this was so all the way back to Adam and Eve and the covering of sins with the blood. She was always the light in any church because she understood this. She would never stand before God thinking she could stand on her own...at least not then, she did not foster that thought.

Im not saying I understand it all...Im saying I dont understand things as I once did. I dont shrug the unknowns off anymore.

And I agree...we begin with the Breath of God....and we become begotten by the Holy Spirit. This is the marriage...the bride and bridegroom idea. I haven't mentioned anything about Gnostic texts or Sophia....and I dont even use those texts to bring forward thoughts. Some of those texts dont make any sense. You cant group a gnostic because they all dont hold the same scriptures and beliefs as valid. There are different sects just like the rest....there are some people that would call themselves a gnostic but use many religious texts.

My best to you always,
LV

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Oh please. There you go, you will deny everything within someone as long as it doesn't go along with your words exactly.

You have read the gnostic texts? Guess what? I haven't. Not a single one, not even once.

It doesn't matter how many times you are told I am not acting of my own wisdom, that I am not acting out of books and so forth - you will refuse to believe it. It's the only way you can rationalize these things.

Over and over you respond to your own assumptions.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Your a bit Gnostic (you mention Sophia alot Leo ) and your a tad new agey in your beliefs (I take that from your own words when you tell us about what you believe ) ...and I never accused Grandma of not believing in the blood of Christ ..I said maybe she just didnt really understand it like you dont .............It took me some time to comprehend it myself ...I care about your mom Leo ....and I know it wont be long she will be going to be with the LORD ..at that point in our life we have to be sure we know what we believe dont you think ? ....actually all of us better make sure we know what to believe before we pass and meet the LORD face to face ..because we cant just claim ignorance ..we have all heard MANY a tale and the truth about the LORD since we have been on this earth ...there are many supposed beliefs and as Badmedia says only ONE TRUTH ...(That I agree with ) ................
Allah claims he has no son ...the God of the bible claims he has a SON ...Other religions claims we are all gods (so are the trees and the earth etc) and even Godesses ....others claim there is no God just Science etc ..Budhists claim they will live forever in other lives ......those are ALL CONTRARY To eachother so they cannot all be the truth ...(not even somewhat similar views between them all) ..........................So it is up to each individual to try and understand what they truly believe as truth and dig hard into it to understand it as best you can so you can walk that way without hesitation ........................the wait and see attitude just wont work since once it all hits the fan you wont have time to change your mind and believe the truth ..In fact scripture says they will BELIEVE THE LIES because they CHOSE TO believe them ................so doesnt sound like many are gonna change their minds at the last minute to believe does it ?(This is supposeing for one second that the BIBLE really is the one and only TRUTH ) ..............................

I know many times in my life I thought I was sure I had somethings all figured out when it turned out I was totally wrong and off on some things .IT almost cost me my future a few times ..and sometimes almost even took my life ..

Neither of you (Badmedia or Leo ) will even TRY and study about the blood to get a better understanding of it ...at least do that instead of just saying its NOT TRUE and its not something GOD would do etc etc ...your both just as closed minded about things as you say that I am ...(which is why we always go round and round) ..

I am tired of this and I know you both are too ..I took a long break from here and I just stopped in to peek after two or three months and I saw her post ..and it just disturbed me ....GOD BLESS YOU GRANDMA >.

Catch yall later ....

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Actually, I did study up on the blood stuff, and I found out that it's a complete manipulation of atonement. There are multiple places in the bible where it says mercy and knowledge of god rather than sacrifice and burnt offerings.

In the case of David, it even goes so far as to say - blood sacrifice is not good enough, if it was he would give plenty of it. And the only thing that was good enough was for him to repent for his sins - which he did. And when he did, he was automatically forgiven - or already forgiven is how it puts if I remember correctly.

My understanding comes from the father. It is not my own, but as the father is within it will appear to others as if it is my own.

As well, the bible says that all are gods. Jesus says it too. You can find those in Psalm 82 in the OT, and then you can also find Jesus quoting it in John 10. In fact, he quotes that as if to ask - what is the big deal that he says he is a son of god.

I can tell you exactly how the father and son relationship works, and what it means and how the father is within all, and why all are gods. You(son/daughter) are a conscious being. It is the father within you that allows you to be an observer, rather than as a robot - which observes and understands nothing. A robot only follows the logic given to it by the designer. It is only because the father is within that you are more than that.

Your soul is an individual consciousness within the father. The father is all knowing and so forth, so the father sees everything at once. We as individuals experience and have a very limited knowledge and perspective. Thus, while we are "gods", the father is much greater than any one of us, Jesus included - as he says so himself.

The understanding the father has given me goes well beyond any book, and well beyond modern science. I honestly sit and wait for science to catch up and prove what I've learned.

And when I read and look at the things Jesus said, and the prophecies and such - I do not look at it in terms of the start of my life until now. I look at it in terms of the day he died forward.

And so I see a religion in his name, come at the hands of a prophet who appeals and gives things to the powers of this world. Paul and Christianity.

I can't help it, it's not like I asked for it to be that way, and it's not like I went into it looking to tear these things up. I see the understanding of the father in Jesus, and I see the understanding of this world and way in Paul - that which I was shown to not do. Be like Jesus - Yes. Be like Paul - no.

Christianity is about finding the father through Jesus, and finding Jesus through Paul and the church/powers. The father taught me - do not make yourself an authority figure at all. Jesus says the same thing. Paul has a book named after the state power of the time, appeals to that power and setups authority figures - a direct contradiction. I've even quoted the verses for you in the past. I'll do it again for others on one of them.

Jesus:

Matthew 23

8But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.

9And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

10Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.

Paul:

1 Corinthians 4

14I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn you.

15For though ye have ten thousand instructers in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

16Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.

Paul says there are ten thousand teachers in Christ, Jesus says there is but one(Rabbi = teacher). Paul calls people his sons, but Jesus says there is only 1 true father. Paul says nah, there is more than 1 father - he is the father too. And rather than follow Jesus - follow him.

These are huge contradictions. Not some little things. This is an error in the most basic of understanding, and doing things that Jesus says not to do. And there are plenty more.

You think these things have not happened yet, but you can see that they have if you go by the words of Jesus - and then look at all things that happened from that time on.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

In the case of David, it even goes so far as to say - blood sacrifice is not good enough, if it was he would give plenty of it. And the only thing that was good enough was for him to repent for his sins - which he did. And when he did, he was automatically forgiven - or already forgiven is how it puts if I remember correctly.
You are probably thinking of 2 Samuel 12:13. Nathan said that to David concerning his having had Uriah killed in order to to take his wife Bathsheba. The Hebrew word (translated forgiven) means to pass over, kind of like the Angel of Death passing over the Israelites and killing the first born sons of the Egyptians. His sin was transferred to their son that was a product of the union between David and Bathsheba. The son was to die and David was to live.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by jmdewey60]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Of course it wasnt good enough Badmedia thats why JESUS came ........

Exd 12:23 For the LORD will pass through to smite the Egyptians; and when he seeth the blood upon the lintel, and on the two side posts, the LORD will pass over the door, and will not suffer the destroyer to come in unto your houses to smite [you].
Exd 12:24 And ye shall observe this thing for an ordinance to thee and to thy sons for ever.

JDewey is correct about the passover ..
In fact the Holy Spirit is the MARK (they are marked by the Holy Spirit) that scripture talks about in Revelation ...they will be PASSED OVER when the plaques etc come ..(the TRIBULATION)

Hbr 11:28 Through faith he kept the passover, and the sprinkling of blood, lest he that destroyed the firstborn should touch them.

Hbr 12:24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than [that of] Abel.

Rev 7:3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.

Rev 9:4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.

Rev 7:3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.
These are the 144,000 .............
(Rev 7:5,6,7 )

that SEAL OF GOD in their foreheads is the HOLY SPIRIT (which was only sent AFTER JESUS died and rose again ) and only those who believe in him are marked with that HOLY SPIRIT SEAL ...where they will be PASSED OVER when the LORD smites EGYPT (spiritual Egypt) again .....with plaques and famines etc (The TRIBULATION) >....
1) a seal

a) the seal placed upon books

b) a signet ring

c) the inscription or impression made by a seal

1) of the name of God and Christ stamped upon their foreheads

d) that by which anything is confirmed, proved, authenticated, as by a seal (a token or proof)

Notice that those who are marked are marked just prior to the plaques (prior to the trib or right as it starts) ...these are 12,000 of each tribe of Israelites ...(trib saints) as we call them ...(This is where Justamommas beliefs comes in ..these are the people that she was talking about in Isaiah (the Israelites ) from the all the tribes of Israel ..............the ORIGINAL BRANCH ....this is where he GRAFTS them back in to the vine ......and protects them during the trib ....(Read Isaiah 11 again with the tribes of Israel in mind ) ...I know I have said that is about Jesus and it was ..during the trib it is about the Israelites though ...(Jesus is that branch but during the trib it will be about the the remnant who are left (the 12,000 natural branches from the twelve tribes of Israel )

Isa 6:13 But yet in it [shall be] a tenth, and [it] shall return, and shall be eaten: as a teil tree, and as an oak, whose substance [is] in them, when they cast [their leaves: so] the holy seed [shall be] the substance thereof.
Isa 1:9 Except the LORD of hosts had left unto us a very small remnant, we should have been as Sodom, [and] we should have been like unto Gomorrah.

Isa 4:3 And it shall come to pass, [that he that is] left in Zion, and [he that] remaineth in Jerusalem, shall be called holy, [even] every one that is written among the living in Jerusalem:

Isa 10:20 And it shall come to pass in that day, [that] the remnant of Israel, and such as are escaped of the house of Jacob, shall no more again stay upon him that smote them; but shall stay upon the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, in truth.

Isa 10:21 The remnant shall return, [even] the remnant of Jacob, unto the mighty God.

Isa 10:22 For though thy people Israel be as the sand of the sea, [yet] a remnant of them shall return: the consumption decreed shall overflow with righteousness.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
the consumption decreed shall overflow with righteousness.

This comes to pass during the TRIB >>...(and is one of the reasons for the trib)

Isa 10:20 ¶ And it shall come to pass in that day, [that] the remnant of Israel, and such as are escaped of the house of Jacob, shall no more again stay upon him that smote them; but shall stay upon the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, in truth.
Isa 10:21 The remnant shall return, [even] the remnant of Jacob, unto the mighty God.
Isa 10:22 For though thy people Israel be as the sand of the sea, [yet] a remnant of them shall return: the consumption decreed shall overflow with righteousness.
Isa 10:23 For the Lord GOD of hosts shall make a consumption, even determined, in the midst of all the land.
Isa 10:24 ¶ Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD of hosts, O my people that dwellest in Zion, be not afraid of the Assyrian: he shall smite thee with a rod, and shall lift up his staff against thee, after the manner of Egypt.
Isa 10:25 For yet a very little while, and the indignation shall cease, and mine anger in their destruction.
Isa 10:26 And the LORD of hosts shall stir up a scourge for him according to the slaughter of Midian at the rock of Oreb: and [as] his rod [was] upon the sea, so shall he lift it up after the manner of Egypt.
Isa 10:27 And it shall come to pass in that day, [that] his burden shall be taken away from off thy shoulder, and his yoke from off thy neck, and the yoke shall be destroyed because of the anointing.

The 144,000 are the REMNANT being discussed in the passages above ..

Isa 28:22 Now therefore be ye not mockers, lest your bands be made strong: for I have heard from the Lord GOD of hosts a consumption, even determined upon the whole earth.

The trib is the CONSUMPTION time period ......(although these passages are about Jesus Christ (he is the corner stone) during the trib it will be about the TWELVE TRIBES as Justamomma points out ) ..............
Isa 28:16 ¶ Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner [stone], a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste.
Isa 28:17 Judgment also will I lay to the line, and righteousness to the plummet: and the hail shall sweep away the refuge of lies, and the waters shall overflow the hiding place.
Isa 28:18 And your covenant with death shall be disannulled, and your agreement with hell shall not stand; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, then ye shall be trodden down by it.
Isa 28:19 From the time that it goeth forth it shall take you: for morning by morning shall it pass over, by day and by night: and it shall be a vexation only [to] understand the report.

Notice their *(the original branches (Israel).....covenant they made with death shall be disanulled ..
Who made a covenant with death ?
Read Daniel 11 ..

There is so many passages about this that I cant even post them all ..just do your studying and you will see ...

[edit on 9-9-2009 by Simplynoone]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
More reading concerning that time period ..
Jer 25:36 A voice of the cry of the shepherds, and an howling of the principal of the flock, [shall be heard]: for the LORD hath spoiled their pasture.

Jer 4:8 For this gird you with sackcloth, lament and howl: for the fierce anger of the LORD is not turned back from us.

Jer 4:9 And it shall come to pass at that day, saith the LORD, [that] the heart of the king shall perish, and the heart of the princes; and the priests shall be astonished, and the prophets shall wonder.

Eze 34:16 I will seek that which was lost, and bring again that which was driven away, and will bind up [that which was] broken, and will strengthen that which was sick: but I will destroy the fat and the strong; I will feed them with judgment.

Jer 6:26 O daughter of my people, gird [thee] with sackcloth, and wallow thyself in ashes: make thee mourning, [as for] an only son, most bitter lamentation: for the spoiler shall suddenly come upon us.

Jer 48:26 Make ye him drunken: for he magnified [himself] against the LORD: Moab also shall wallow in his vomit, and he also shall be in derision.

Eze 27:30 And shall cause their voice to be heard against thee, and shall cry bitterly, and shall cast up dust upon their heads, they shall wallow themselves in the ashes:

Eze 27:31 And they shall make themselves utterly bald for thee, and gird them with sackcloth, and they shall weep for thee with bitterness of heart [and] bitter wailing.
ye principal

Eze 34:17 And [as for] you, O my flock, thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I judge between cattle and cattle, between the rams and the he goats.

Eze 34:20 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD unto them; Behold, I, [even] I, will judge between the fat cattle and between the lean cattle.

There are so many scriptures explaining this that It would take me a week to post them all ....

Here it is in a nutshell .
Isa 5:25 Therefore is the anger of the LORD kindled against his people, and he hath stretched forth his hand against them, and hath smitten them: and the hills did tremble, and their carcases [were] torn in the midst of the streets. For all this his anger is not turned away, but his hand [is] stretched out still.

Zep 3:6 I have cut off the nations: their towers are desolate; I made their streets waste, that none passeth by: their cities are destroyed, so that there is no man, that there is none inhabitant.

Zep 3:7 I said, Surely thou wilt fear me, thou wilt receive instruction; so their dwelling should not be cut off, howsoever I punished them: but they rose early, [and] corrupted all their doings.

Zep 3:8 Therefore wait ye upon me, saith the LORD, until the day that I rise up to the prey: for my determination [is] to gather the nations, that I may assemble the kingdoms, to pour upon them mine indignation, [even] all my fierce anger: for all the earth shall be devoured with the fire of my jealousy.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
There is ONE MORE sacrifice yet to occur .And it is upon all who did not accept JESUS CHRIST as they do not have the COVERING of his protection ....from the ATONEING BLOOD OF CHRIST (they do not have the mark of the Holy Spirit which can only be given by JESUS CHRIST)..they rejected him and will be rejected by GOD (please do not be one of those who rejects him ) ,...

Isa 34:1 ¶ Come near, ye nations, to hear; and hearken, ye people: let the earth hear, and all that is therein; the world, and all things that come forth of it.
Isa 34:2 For the indignation of the LORD [is] upon all nations, and [his] fury upon all their armies: he hath utterly destroyed them, he hath delivered them to the slaughter.
Isa 34:3 Their slain also shall be cast out, and their stink shall come up out of their carcases, and the mountains shall be melted with their blood.
Isa 34:4 And all the host of heaven shall be dissolved, and the heavens shall be rolled together as a scroll: and all their host shall fall down, as the leaf falleth off from the vine, and as a falling [fig] from the fig tree.
Isa 34:5 ¶ For my sword shall be bathed in heaven: behold, it shall come down upon Idumea, and upon the people of my curse, to judgment.
Isa 34:6 The sword of the LORD is filled with blood, it is made fat with fatness, [and] with the blood of lambs and goats, with the fat of the kidneys of rams: for the LORD THE LORD HATH A SACRIFICE IN BOZRAH and a GREAT SLAUGHTER in the land of Idumea, and a great slaughter in the land of Idumea.
Isa 34:7 And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness.
Isa 34:8 ¶ For [it is] the day of the LORD'S vengeance, [and] the year of recompences for the controversy of Zion.
Isa 34:9 And the streams thereof shall be turned into pitch, and the dust thereof into brimstone, and the land thereof shall become burning pitch.
Isa 34:10 It shall not be quenched night nor day; the smoke thereof shall go up for ever: from generation to generation it shall lie waste; none shall pass through it for ever and ever.
Isa 34:11 But the cormorant and the bittern shall possess it; the owl also and the raven shall dwell in it: and he shall stretch out upon it the line of confusion, and the stones of emptiness.
Isa 34:12 They shall call the nobles thereof to the kingdom, but none [shall be] there, and all her princes shall be nothing.
Isa 34:13 And thorns shall come up in her palaces, nettles and brambles in the fortresses thereof: and it shall be an habitation of dragons, [and] a court for owls.
Isa 34:14 The wild beasts of the desert shall also meet with the wild beasts of the island, and the satyr shall cry to his fellow; the screech owl also shall rest there, and find for herself a place of rest.
Isa 34:15 There shall the great owl make her nest, and lay, and hatch, and gather under her shadow: there shall the vultures also be gathered, every one with her mate.
Isa 34:16 ¶ Seek ye out of the book of the LORD, and read: no one of these shall fail, none shall want her mate: for my mouth it hath commanded, and his spirit it hath gathered them.
Isa 34:17 And he hath cast the lot for them, and his hand hath divided it unto them by line: they shall possess it for ever, from generation to generation shall they dwell therein.

The day of the WRATH OF ALMIGHTY GOD ....

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Hi Miriam 101

Just a quick question: If R. Yehoshua bar Yosef the Glilean Nazir (aka Iesous) was 'sinless', then WHY WAS HE BAPTISED BY YOHANON BAR ZECHARIAH IN THE YORDAN?

And don't say 'to fulfill all righteousness' which is a meaningless phrase to most modern English speaking persons. The phrase (in Matthew's gospel, whoever he was) always means in (later) Rabinnic literature, 'to cover all sins of ignorance over the past year' (ones that I did not wilingly commit, or know about), which opens up a whole OTHER can of worms.

Just see if you can answer the question. Or not !

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

You quote 1 verse here, 1 verse there and you create your own context. Very rarely that you quote a good bit of verses in context to make a point. The only parts I see that contain multiple verses in context is Isiah, which is in the OT and refers not to Jesus, but Israel.

Notice when I quote bible verses, I quote half a chapter or such at a time - and I would quote even more of those chapters but don't to save space and because it is against the T&C to have large quotes.

I don't create my own contexts.

It seems to me if that is what is really said and what is really meant that you wouldn't need to quote verses in that manner.

Seems like you just do a keyword search and then quote the results.

I also notice you completely ignore many of the points I've said and make - even ignoring entire posts and then you keep quoting from the same few books over and over.

If Jesus is a sacrifice and such - then why doesn't he tell people that. Why didn't he tell the rich man - who btw did believe Jesus was the son of god these things? You plain out ignore these things in order to paint your own picture.

You hold onto the sacrifice because it is easier.

[edit on 9/9/2009 by badmedia]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Sorta. I was more referring to Psalms where it says - thou has not desired sacrifice and such. Psalms being the words of David and in response to that story.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

They have DUEL FULFILLMENTS Badmedia....Jesus (already did what he did) and the people of his (the remnant the original branches ) who will be a living sacrifice in the trib ......they will be LIKE the israelites during the times of Moses (and Pharoh ) WHAT HAS BEEN BEFORE will BE AGAIN nothing new under the sun >.he will once again for the SECOND TIME use his people to SHOW the world his power ...his people (THE NATURAL BRANCHES from the twelve tribes of ISRAEL) ...
Please pay attention ...I thought you were ALL HIP on LEARNING and on not wanting to be right or wrong but wanting to KNOW what the SPIRIT is saying in SCRIPTURE as well as in your heart etc ....
We are supposed to REASON TOGETHER to find THE MEANINGS ...
That is what we need to do instead of YOUR RIGHT ..IM RIGHT ETC ETC ..

Scripture is not always cut and dried you know that ..and there are many scriptures that have duel fulfillments

Read again about the PLAQUES of EGYPT .read what the Israelites endure in their wanderings read what they did ..read what God did etc etc etc ..Its all there and will be REPEATED IN THE TRIB(even the plaques are the same as what Revelation talks about)

Let us reason together not be DIVIDED and try to prove eachother right or wrong ...
Can you do that or does your PRIDE prevent you ?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I STUDY BADMEDIA ..I dont just grab a verse here and there (like you do out of context ) ....
I also PRAY ABOUT IT BEFOREHAND (and he shows me where they are (and all referenceing scriptures that go with it ) I then come here and SHARE it with those who want to know TRUTHS ..I believe we could (if we try ) all get along and see what the spirit sayeth concerning ALL THAT WE DO NOT UNDERSTAND>

So what does this mean if it doesnt pertain to the tribes of Israel in the LATTER DAYS (when they will become a living sacrifice as Jesus did )
Zep 1:7 Hold thy peace at the presence of the Lord GOD: for the day of the LORD [is] at hand: for the LORD hath prepared a sacrifice, he hath bid his guests.
Zep 1:8 And it shall come to pass in the day of the LORD'S sacrifice, that I will punish the princes, and the king's children, and all such as are clothed with strange apparel.

These scriptures are not about when JESUS came the first time ..
It is about BEFORE he comes the second time and the remnant who are KILLED FOR CHRIST are going to be a SACRIFICE as well as Christ was..
(they are going to be as one they will also go to their death as he did)
In a LITERAL SENSE ...

(Unrelated)
Another thing (I think I dont know but think) I just figured out from digging into all of the above is that
Judah and Jacob(as a whole peoples not as just two people in general)will be the two witnesses I believe .(Look up about Ahola and Aholibah.... Beauty and Bands ..the two sticks ...the two candlesticks etc etc etc etc )

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I have 2 questions, 1 is about the bible, the other is more about how people use the bible.
Question 1) Why is the bible full of contradictions? And not just between the old and new testaments either. I never understood how it can have so many and still be infallible.

Question 2) why do people read the bible and then pick out only certain parts of it to point at as proof of something. for example the old testament prohibition against homosexuality. it is on the same page as other laws that state you should be able to kill your children if they disobey you and that a woman is "unclean" during her period. yet you never here people talking about that do you? they just point at the passage against gays to justify their own bigoted thoughts about others. am i wrong in this? please tell me if i am.
THANKS

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
1Jo 2:1 ¶ My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

1Jo 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for [the sins of] the whole world.

1Jo 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

(READ ALL OF JOHN which you believe to be TRUE) it explains WHY JESUS CAME AND WHAT HE DID ETC )

Also
1Pe 1:18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, [as] silver and gold, from your vain conversation [received] by tradition from your fathers;

[[[[[[[[[[[[[[1Pe 1:19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

1Pe 4:1 Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;

1Pe 4:2 That he no longer should live the rest of [his] time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.

How much clearer can it get Badmedia before you COMPREHEND why JESUS CAME and WHAT HE HAD TO DO and for WHAT PURPOSE it was????

PS I DIDNT NOT QUOTE From PAUL this time (But he went into even greater detail than did John or Peter ) ...

Acts has a bunch of references as well ...but you dont believe those writers either ..
So you see you cannot be reasoned with because you only WANT part of the puzzle (a piece from John a piece from Matthew etc) and you OMIT the rest (which we need ALL THE PIECES of the puzzle to make a WHOLE PICTURE)
This is why I DONT POST TO YOUR POSTS >....Until your READY to SEE IT ALL (with an open mind) you will not ever GET IT ...so whats the point in dealing with yuo ?

PS >>satan has your eyes blinded just like he does the jews which is why you cannot see ..I PRAY that he OPEN YOUR SPIRITUAL EYES to see ...IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST THE LORD AMEN >>>>

[edit on 9-9-2009 by Simplynoone]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Zephaniah 1

7Hold thy peace at the presence of the Lord GOD: for the day of the LORD is at hand: for the LORD hath prepared a sacrifice, he hath bid his guests.

8And it shall come to pass in the day of the LORD's sacrifice, that I will punish the princes, and the king's children, and all such as are clothed with strange apparel.

9In the same day also will I punish all those that leap on the threshold, which fill their masters' houses with violence and deceit.

10And it shall come to pass in that day, saith the LORD, that there shall be the noise of a cry from the fish gate, and an howling from the second, and a great crashing from the hills.

11Howl, ye inhabitants of Maktesh, for all the merchant people are cut down; all they that bear silver are cut off.

12And it shall come to pass at that time, that I will search Jerusalem with candles, and punish the men that are settled on their lees: that say in their heart, The LORD will not do good, neither will he do evil.

Has not happened. All you did was focus in on a few verses that contained the words sacrifice and Lord, and then ignored the context and things around it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join