It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you have questions about the Bible?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Well said whoever said something to the affect that we still suffer consequences for our actions ..Jesus is not a get out of consequences free card ...............

So strange how those who claim the bible is not divine nor is it the word of God .etc will certainly use that bible and quote from it as a weapon when trying to prove something you do believe .....
Badmedia MAY THE LORD REBUKE YOU >>....

Once again Badmedia ...leave the bible alone if you feel as if it is a curse or untruths or has false teachers in it (as you think Paul is)...if you even think it may be a tad untrue then you shouldnt TRUST ANY OF IT dont cha think ?
Jesus DID NOT WRITE ANY OF THOSE BOOKS so how can you believe even the person who wrote Matthew Mark Luke and John ? They could have made up everything written about Jesus even dont you think ??
You put alot of faith (which you say we dont need) in the writeings of Matthew and John especially.............How do you know they even told the truth ?
If you have no need for anyone to teach you then you sure as heck dont need Matthew Mark and Luke to teach you what Jesus said do you ???So why read their writeings and toss everyone elses ? What gives them that Badmedia blessing and the rest get tossed ?????????????

You chop the NT up like mincemeat then you chew some of it swallow it and spit the rest out .....you remind me of a termite .......
And your a hypocrite just like you claim all the teachers preachers etc are ... ...........Get the MOTE out of your own eye so you can see clearly to get the speck out of anothers eye .............

If you truly believe you know the way then why are you so hot and heavy on every post about the Lord or scripture etc ...to make others see YOUR WAY as the way >.YOur just as bad as the preachers teachers etc you claim are so bad ...
I wish you could reread your posts and hear your own self ....so you could see it ......but you cant ..

PS I suppose this post will get me in trouble ..but I had to say it ..sorry everyone ..

[edit on 7-9-2009 by Simplynoone]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
Badmedia MAY THE LORD REBUKE YOU >>....

And may he bless you and open your ears.

Once again Badmedia ...leave the bible alone if you feel as if it is a curse or untruths or has false teachers in it (as you think Paul is)...if you even think it may be a tad untrue then you shouldnt TRUST ANY OF IT dont cha think ?
Jesus DID NOT WRITE ANY OF THOSE BOOKS so how can you believe even the person who wrote Matthew Mark Luke and John ? They could have made up everything written about Jesus even dont you think ??

I don't "trust" any of it. I understand what Jesus is saying and I know from the understanding of the father that he speaks the truth and has understanding.

The only reason I hold onto it at all is because I can see the father within Jesus, and I know where the understanding is. No matter who wrote the story, no matter if it literally true or not - I know for a fact that the understanding behind is truth.

You put alot of faith (which you say we dont need) in the writeings of Matthew and John especially.............How do you know they even told the truth ?

Because I learned the truth/understanding from the father. I just recognize it in the bible.

If you have no need for anyone to teach you then you sure as heck dont need Matthew Mark and Luke to teach you what Jesus said do you ???So why read their writeings and toss everyone elses ? What gives them that Badmedia blessing and the rest get tossed ?????????????

No, I don't need them to teach me. That is what the holy spirit is for. I mostly quote the bible for the benefit of others. It is the father who showed me, so take it up with him. I find absolutely nothing perverse at all in what he taught me, quite the opposite in fact. I find many things perverse in what Christianity teaches.

You chop the NT up like mincemeat then you chew some of it swallow it and spit the rest out .....you remind me of a termite .......

Say what you like, but 1 thing is fact. I have quoted Jesus more times in just this thread alone than Paul does in the other half of the NT.

And your a hypocrite just like you claim all the teachers preachers etc are ... ...........Get the MOTE out of your own eye so you can see clearly to get the speck out of anothers eye .............

I wonder if Jesus was told the same thing when he said the pharisees were hypocrites and called them out on their wrongs, rather than addressing or actually responding to what is said.

In your entire post all you did was attack me personally, rather than addressing the points I make.

If you truly believe you know the way then why are you so hot and heavy on every post about the Lord or scripture etc ...to make others see YOUR WAY as the way >.YOur just as bad as the preachers teachers etc you claim are so bad ...

I do not get hot and heavy. I speak/type with confidence, with purpose and to the point.

As you have done nothing but attack me this thread, I believe you are the one who is a bit hot and heavy.

I wish you could reread your posts and hear your own self ....so you could see it ......but you cant ..

PS I suppose this post will get me in trouble ..but I had to say it ..sorry everyone ..

If you agreed with me, then you would love me. I'm use to it. People love me when I'm on their side, hate me when I'm not. You didn't start hating me until you couldn't get me to take your side.

[edit on 9/7/2009 by badmedia]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
You preach forgiveness and yet it is pretty obvious that you cant get over all the wrongs the church peoples have done ......if you dont forgive your brethren how can you expect forgiveness from the Lord for the things you have done ?
Scripture is clear that you need to go and forgive others FIRST before you can even come and get forgiveness for your sins .....(or did you toss that part out of your equation ?)

I dont go to church ...and I see clearly that there are major problems in the peoples of the churchs but I see the very same problems in people like you who pick and choose from the bible what they want to believe or not believe .In fact that is one of the Churchs MAIN Problem ...so you see ..you have similar beliefs (they pick and choose what they want just like you )

as far as answering your posts etc ..I already told you ..your unreasonable when it comes to discussing anything with .....you cant keep your hatred for Paul and the Church peoples out of any discussion ........and you are set on seeing what only you want to see in scripture ..so how can anyone reasonably discuss any of it with you ??......

PS this is not a game and it isnt about taking anyones sides (we are not two years old ) ....

And people do not dislike you because your being like Christ (just the opposite) .............you play the devils advocate(an accuser of the brethren) way more than you play christlike ...

[edit on 7-9-2009 by Simplynoone]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Ever since I have known you here Badmedia you have used these scriptures on every single true believer you come up against ..
[2How long will ye judge unjustly, and accept the persons of the wicked? Selah.]

It is you who judge unjustly (calling evil good and good evil calling true believers names etc ) and you who accepts the persons of the wicked (saying all paths lead to God and everyone who hates church peoples tosses their bibles and condemns Paul are on the right path )

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

No after throwing away everything I was ever taught about the Bible and humbling myself as a child I returned to the Bible to read it through new eyes that is when I discovered the truth that is in it. I always question what anyone says about the Bible, just because preacher Bob says so does not make it so. My belief is not founded on any Christain doctorine I assure you. I read the Bible and apply only what I read. If it happens to sound like a doctorine you are fimilair with that may be bacause I have come to realise that about 98% of religions have some elements of truth. I believe if we could take certain elements from all religions then we would have the perfect religion that follows the Bible. Instead Satan has cereated so many different knock off religions that he keeps many confused and fighting with each other instead of growing closer to God, it is a very successful strategy that he has used.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
The Bible comes with two entwined in one.

Satan represents your lowest Earthly nature.

What is of flesh is worthless....we are to rise to the Spirit within us.

Satans marks (mans lowest nature) are in the Bible. This is what is keeping so many souls from moving forward....mans lowest nature clings to Earthly things....and we are still clinging to a very Earthly thing which is blood.

God needs no blood or death for our sins.

When one can learn from the Spirit they can see God needs nothing of Earth....but the Spirit that has filled it with life....which through us this will happen....as being instruments for righteousness. Righteousness comes through the mind set....then will become through actions.

Many cling to the lowest nature and call others who make this known....foolish ones.

If one is not ready to see...they are going to hold tight to the Earthly nature.

By thinking one must be washed in the blood...they are taking Earthly things to heaven (or trying anyways). It wont work.

The blood is allegoric...the water is allegoric....it is the key of wisdom that the scribes have takin and locked away. Not only does it affect the scribes....but it also took the key away from all others who search for the key in the book.

You say Satan has set up other religions.....

If there is a religion that does not represent the divine then it was began by a man living for his lowest nature.

If people dont stop passing the buck to Satan and Jesus....they will have to stand up for passing the buck one day.

Own up to your wrongs....and pick up your cross....and follow in the way (spiritual). Its the only way....but its not to worry anyone because you and all will relearn it all with time and cycles.

God never meant for a book to represent Thee. Only life represents Thee. That is why one must test everything by the Spirit.

Tread carefully....threads like this cause many to bring judgment on others because one claims....they know. Every single word we all say is something we will stand up for in the Spirit.

My best to you
LV

[edit on 7-9-2009 by LeoVirgo]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

Simplynoone

Do you think God would give you the answers in your carnal mind? Do you think God wants the average person who are babes to know the mysteries? The Bible is the best study tool because it is full of both natures....light and dark, Spirit and physical.

If you cant see that then you are still clinging to what is of this Earth. Until you can release all things....you will have to return here.

As much as you and others think you are passing wisdom's....I and others believe we are doing this too. For any of us to say another is wrong is something we should be prepared to stand up for in the Spirit one day.

Why would God leave his pearls unto the swine? Please think about this...it has been told many times that the deeper understandings could not be givin away. And you think it has?

God is woven in the scriptures if one seeks out what is of Spirit.
The word of God is life...Spirit. How does the word get put into a book? Why does that book teach you to learn from the Spirit? You really believe that all of the Holy wisdom we are to learn is given to us?

LV

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

You preach forgiveness and yet it is pretty obvious that you cant get over all the wrongs the church peoples have done ......if you dont forgive your brethren how can you expect forgiveness from the Lord for the things you have done ?
Scripture is clear that you need to go and forgive others FIRST before you can even come and get forgiveness for your sins .....(or did you toss that part out of your equation ?)

Sorry, but I haven't attacked anyone on a personal level. I talk about beliefs and understanding. I have no idea why you are even saying things like I need to forgive others.

There is a difference between judging other people, and judging what is right and what is wrong - which is wisdom. I'm not even sure how you can pretend to know my heart.

I dont go to church ...and I see clearly that there are major problems in the peoples of the churchs but I see the very same problems in people like you who pick and choose from the bible what they want to believe or not believe .In fact that is one of the Churchs MAIN Problem ...so you see ..you have similar beliefs (they pick and choose what they want just like you )

I didn't pick and choose what I believe. You only say things like this because you deny the father within me. That is the thing about Christians, you speak of a personal relationship with the father, but hell will literally come before you actually allow for it.

as far as answering your posts etc ..I already told you ..your unreasonable when it comes to discussing anything with .....you cant keep your hatred for Paul and the Church peoples out of any discussion ........and you are set on seeing what only you want to see in scripture ..so how can anyone reasonably discuss any of it with you ??......

The only thing you consider reasonable is for me to accept what you say as truth.

PS this is not a game and it isnt about taking anyones sides (we are not two years old ) ....

Great, then how about you stop attacking me personally in every post you make?

And people do not dislike you because your being like Christ (just the opposite) .............you play the devils advocate(an accuser of the brethren) way more than you play christlike ...

It doesn't really matter if you like me or not, or what reason you do not like me for. In the end, it is not me you do not like, but rather you own assumptions. Truth is - you do not at all know me, you do not at all understand me, and you can only listen to my words, but you can not hear me. As you can only listen but not hear, all you will ever recognize is a literal match, rather than the understanding.

Was Jesus an accuser when he called the Pharisees out and so forth? That kind of stuff is just a cop out for ignoring what it is said, just as are all the personal attacks and focus/attention put on the me, rather than what is said.

I am foolish for even responding to these personal attacks. I shame myself in doing so. But I care, and i figure sometimes my hand might get a little mud on it if try to pull someone out of a puddle.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Ever since I have known you here Badmedia you have used these scriptures on every single true believer you come up against ..
[2How long will ye judge unjustly, and accept the persons of the wicked? Selah.]

It is you who judge unjustly (calling evil good and good evil calling true believers names etc ) and you who accepts the persons of the wicked (saying all paths lead to God and everyone who hates church peoples tosses their bibles and condemns Paul are on the right path )

That chapter has much deeper meaning than what you are saying. It is talking about how those who accept things blindly will never understand, and why they walk on in darkness - to be blind.

If you accept, then you will not understand and you will be blind to the truth is the point of those verses.

It's also why you can usually find me quoting Proverbs 8 and 9 pretty close to them. Because they talk about understanding is how the father gives. They also say knowledge of the holy is understanding. And that only by understanding can one properly keep the commandments(outside a good heart, when it is just the persons nature).

Proverbs 9

6Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

7He that reproveth a scorner getteth to himself shame: and he that rebuketh a wicked man getteth himself a blot.

8Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee.

9Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning.

10The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

I am saying those verses to show you that it's not just about accepting things and so forth.

I am saying those verses to show that this is how the father rewards those who truly find him, and that it is not talking about finding him in scriptures.

Have I ever told you once to break a commandment? Even loosely? No, I tell you that you must keep them and you must follow them. You pretend I talk about an easier path, but I don't.

All paths do eventually lead to the father. Because it's just a matter of when and what it takes before someone starts to seek the truth, corrects their mistakes(repent for sins) and starts to head in that direction.

I have likened this many times to being like going to the mailbox. There are many paths you can take to get to the mailbox. You can stop and smell some flowers, walk around the yard. But eventually to get to the mailbox one must walk in it's direction, and that direction is towards the truth and so forth.

What is really being said is that all things of the father will eventually return to the father. But we will each individually make our own unique paths to that. These paths are actually mostly unique in the manner in which they do not walk towards the mailbox, rather than in the manner in which they do. Just as it is our physical imperfections that make us unique in the flesh.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Hello badmedia:

I just want to share with you that I agree with you. There are indeed many paths that lead to the mailbox (God).

There is an old Indian saying; "There are many paths but all lead to the Great Father." My grandmother was an Indian and she taught me this as well as teaching me about Jesus.

Peace to you,
Grandma

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Melissa101

No after throwing away everything I was ever taught about the Bible and humbling myself as a child I returned to the Bible to read it through new eyes that is when I discovered the truth that is in it. I always question what anyone says about the Bible, just because preacher Bob says so does not make it so. My belief is not founded on any Christain doctorine I assure you. I read the Bible and apply only what I read. If it happens to sound like a doctorine you are fimilair with that may be bacause I have come to realise that about 98% of religions have some elements of truth. I believe if we could take certain elements from all religions then we would have the perfect religion that follows the Bible. Instead Satan has cereated so many different knock off religions that he keeps many confused and fighting with each other instead of growing closer to God, it is a very successful strategy that he has used.

God doesn't need a religion, and god doesn't need the bible. How did the people who wrote the bible know what to write? Seek the voice they heard, not their expression of the voice.

When it comes to the other religions, it is because the real knowledge of the holy is understanding. And all understanding is universal to all those who seek it, regardless of race, sex, culture, nation or past history. How they express that understanding however will be different, based on those things that do not matter.

On this earth we are not able to give each other understanding. Understanding is how the father gives, but men on earth can not give it. The best we can do in the flesh is express that understanding.

So, to know how to add and subtract - that is an understanding. Saying 1+1=2 or 2+3=5 is an expression of it. Now, at first glance we might say well a teacher will give someone understanding of math - but that is not actually true if we dig deeper. Even a 2 year old will know that 2 pieces of candy is more than 1. That child understands already math and such. What they learn from the teacher is how to express that understanding, and how to work with those expressions.

If I could just give you my understanding directly, that would be nice. But I simply can't. I can only express my understanding in hopes that you can understand me. But here is where the problem comes in. Communication.

When I express these things, I have to take an image/understanding from my head. I then break that up into words. You then take those words, and from that, you have to try and rebuild that back. But in that process - you have to add your own things in order to do it. It's simply unavoidable. But lets look at this in terms of the physical.

I have a car. I want to give you that car, and lets apply that in the manner of communication. I can only give you certain parts of the car, and from those parts you need to build an entire car. Well it is impossible to do unless I can give you the entire car. A few parts alone does not build the car.

This is why you must find the father, and why only from the father does real understanding come. Because that is the only way you can get all the parts. If the person has that understanding already, then when you give a few of the parts, you can see/hear exactly what they are talking about and so on.

So when you see other religions, at the base of them you will likely find the understanding, and that understanding I find to be true. But then people focus only on the literal, only on the things used to express that understanding, and that is how the people are blinded. And it happens because people accept the things as truth, and then doubt their own understanding - which has been given to them and think they must be wrong.

This is like people who have accepted 1+1=2 is true, but do not understand math. And another set of people have accepted 2+2=4 is true, but also do not understand math. And so these 2 groups argue back and forth, they fight. 1+1=2 is the truth 1 side screams, no it's 2+2=4 you retards the other side screams. And neither side will be happy until all profess their expression(1 world religion).

But for those with understanding, they just shake their head. They see that both sides are saying something which is literally true, but they do not really understand it at all. If they understood, they wouldn't get so caught up in fighting over the variables. And even worse, when they do fight over those variables they go against the actual understanding itself. That is the deception.

Those who had understanding who wrote all the things in the different cultures expressed it the best they could, in terms of their culture and so forth. But they all teach that one must find the true source of understanding, not to just accept things as true because of worldly authority and such - the bible itself is no different and it is not immune to these things because it is also an expression. Much truth can be found in it, but one must have the understanding that doesn't come from the bible itself before one can truly understand what is true and what isn't.

What is truth is truth no matter who or what expresses it.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grandma

Hello badmedia:

I just want to share with you that I agree with you. There are indeed many paths that lead to the mailbox (God).

There is an old Indian saying; "There are many paths but all lead to the Great Father." My grandmother was an Indian and she taught me this as well as teaching me about Jesus.

Peace to you,
Grandma

A rose by any other name still smells the same. It's all about the understanding, rather than what is used to express the understanding. The father taught me on day 1 to never focus on the labels/idols or the expression, but to instead look at the understanding being shown. The understanding was the reason they expressed it to begin with.

It is a shame people believe they are the only ones the father cares about. That he would just leave people in the cold, he would not and does not.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   

You are absolutely right God does not need religion nor the Bible. We need the Bible because God gave it to us so that we may know him. We need the fellowship to keep us strong. I understand that we cannot give someone else knowledge that only God can give it and this is so true. We can help guide others with the knowledge we have but when a heart is hardened there is no opening it untill it is ready to accept the truth.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Can we discuss the blood Leo ...

It would require that you read more in the OT to find out the purpose of the blood and because life is in the blood it is very important to understand more about it before you just say God appeared to be bloodthirsty in the OT >.

Remember Egypt and the plaques ?
Exd 12:7 And they shall take of the blood, and strike [it] on the two side posts and on the upper door post of the houses, wherein they shall eat it.
(he isnt telling them to eat blood but eat the meat from the lamb they kill)

Exd 12:13 And the blood shall be to you for a token upon the houses where ye [are]: and when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and the plague shall not be upon you to destroy [you], when I smite the land of Egypt.

If they believe God (he told them how to avoid horrible judgment and plaques) and do the blood around the posts of their doors that God would pass by them when he SMITES the land (and the people in it ) ......
Those who believed God and put the blood up were spared all of the plaques>>...which were coming no matter what (God says he will smite the earth again only this time with fire) .(read Revelation)............Christ washes us in his blood (spiritually speaking ..with him in us (as in possessing your spirit) he will lead you OUT OF wickedness if you willingly follow him ) and God will pass over us as he did in Egypt if we have accepted his offer of allowing him to put blood over our posts ....

Someday soon we will be at the same place as those Egyptians and we will find ourselves either naked of the clothing of Christ (his atoneing blood covering us as a covering from the wrath of GOD) ........ ......Jesus is the redeemer (His redeeming blood was for a atonement for our sins) his rightousness covers our unrightousness (not that you wont be held accountable for it because you will if you continue in your sins once you are FREED from being a servant to sin ...your either a servant to CHrist and are following the way of rightousness or you are serving satan and are slaves to sin ..(its an either or situation ..no middle ground as all lukewarmers (fence walkers) will be spit out of his mouth .......Rev 3:16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

What was the purpose of Jesus ....
Isa 59:16 And he saw that [there was] no man, and wondered that [there was] no intercessor: therefore his arm brought salvation unto him; and his righteousness, it sustained him.
Isa 59:17 For he put on righteousness as a breastplate, and an helmet of salvation upon his head; and he put on the garments of vengeance [for] clothing, and was clad with zeal as a cloke.

Isa 59:18 According to [their] deeds, accordingly he will repay, fury to his adversaries, recompence to his enemies; to the islands he will repay recompence.
Isa 59:19 So shall they fear the name of the LORD from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him.
Isa 59:20 ¶ And the Redeemer shall come to Zion, and unto them that turn from transgression in Jacob, saith the LORD.
Isa 59:21 As for me, this [is] my covenant with them, saith the LORD; My spirit that [is] upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed's seed, saith the LORD, from henceforth and for ever.

((((NT))
Eph 6:14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
1Th 5:8 But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.
1Th 5:9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,
1Th 5:10 Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.

To obtain means to PRESERVE >>>a PURCHASED possession (look it up in the concordance)(he purchased us with his blood ..he gave his (life) blood for us ..remember the life is in the blood ..

Now back to the the times of the Plaques ........
Notice also it says so the DESTROYER wont come in to your houses to smite you (The destroyer is satan and God has a hedge about you through Jesus Christ and his atoneing blood is that covering from the wrath of almighty GOD) ..................God isnt the destroyer ,...but he allows satan to destroy because he says he is gonna destroy all wicked men from off the face of the earth,.,,
Exd 12:23 For the LORD will pass through to smite the Egyptians; and when he seeth the blood upon the lintel, and on the two side posts, the LORD will pass over the door, and will not suffer the destroyer to come in unto your houses to smite [you].

That day is coming very soon ......once again according to scripture .(NT)..

Its late and I have to go to bed Leo ....I hope you will do more digging before you just discount the sacrifice that the Lord made for us ..........
and what it really means (spiritually and physicaly)
there is more I just dont have the time right now ...do your own referencing and you will see more ..

www.blueletterbible.org...
You can do a search and click on the concordance etc ...and click the blue K on the left and it will show you all the referenceing scriptures .(this is important to get a whole picture )

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Badmedia would you share with us some of those greater things than what Jesus did that you have done ? ...

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Badmedia said [What is truth is truth no matter who or what expresses it.]

Truth is really in the eyes of the beholder is it not ?

You think you have the truth ....satanists think they have the truth too ..(they believe that satan is GOD) does this path lead to God too ??
which truth is the real truth >?If they are serving satan are they really serving God too ? ....I dont get how all paths can lead to God ...
If satanists are going down a path that leads AWAY from God ...then the path they have taken cannot possibly lead to him ..................

Not all roads lead to my house ..if you take a right instead of a left to get to my house you WILL NEVER MAKE IT TO MY HOUSE ..you will be wandering aimlessly lost until you backtrack and take a right to get to my house ...

There are many roads ..do they all lead to the same place ? no ...
One road leads to Disneyland ..another leads to Niagara falls are those the same places and can you take just any old road to get to disneyland or Niagara Falls ? NO >there are specific directions to lead you there ...

If you are correct that all roads lead to God then the Scribes and Pharisees and Church peoples who you think are so evil .....will also be led to God wont they >?So I guess you better stop condemning them ..since they will also be led to God from the road they are taking ....which is just a different road to him than the one you are on ...(you see how that makes no sense)
Even a simple minded person knows that there are many roads and all those roads lead to OTHER HOUSES (Not the same house) ........and not all roads will lead to the same place (they all go in different directions leading to DIFFERENT houses than the one you needed to be at ) ........

Here is a map that shows Disneyland and Niagara Falls .
www.mapquest.com...
They are in OPPOSITE DIRECTIONS from eachother ..if your going to Disneyland you have to go the OPPOSITE direction than Niagara Falls to get there do you not > ?
If Jesus says he is the ONLY WAY to the father then going down any other road to get to know the father will NOT WORK you will NOT FIND YOUR WAY to the FATHER ...you will get LOST ....because you took another road than the one he gave directions for ...........

One thing I do agree with you on is that all will eventually KNOW that there is but ONE GOD >..and in the end all will BOW humbly before him (but only after horrendous events occur (All that is written comes to pass) and only after it is too late for them to change their minds ..(scripture is clear that even after all the things they go through some will still CURSE GOD and DIE) .............so not all will inherit the KINGDOM ..

[edit on 8-9-2009 by Simplynoone]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Badmedia would you share with us some of those greater things than what Jesus did that you have done ? ...

No. I would never do such a thing. It doesn't really matter what you think. And it is rather pathetic of you to try and trip me up with such a question - you should know better than to even ask such a thing.

What is truly great and what is not shall be determined in the eyes of the father, not in the eyes of men.

I will say that I do not have to be here at all, and the only direct words of the father(meaning in English language) was to simply ask me if I wanted it to end.

Of course, that claim about doing even greater things isn't even my claim to begin with. It is the claim of Jesus. And I had pointed it out to show that keeping the commandments is the least anyone who believes will do. And that the claim that we can't be like Jesus and do what he did is false.

It had nothing at all to do with me personally - but for some reason you wanted to make it personal. Shameful and you know it.

Besides, if I responded with a list - A. Would you believe me? B. Would you then scold me for thinking too highly of myself? C. Would you not claim that nothing is greater than "dieing for the sins of others"? D. Does it have any bearing on what Jesus said and meant?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Badmedia said [What is truth is truth no matter who or what expresses it.]

Truth is really in the eyes of the beholder is it not ?

You think you have the truth ....satanists think they have the truth too ..(they believe that satan is GOD) does this path lead to God too ??
which truth is the real truth >?If they are serving satan are they really serving God too ? ....I dont get how all paths can lead to God ...
If satanists are going down a path that leads AWAY from God ...then the path they have taken cannot possibly lead to him ..................

This is exactly what lead me to finding the father in many ways. I looked out into the world and realized that I could not trust any man - even the most honest man in this world you can find. Because while that man may be telling me what he honestly and truly 100% believes, I can never know if he is right or wrong.

See, every man will think he is right. This is not a good or bad thing exactly, it is just the fact of the matter and unavoidable. Because if we thought we were wrong, then we would change our minds.

I realized that I could not trust belief/faith at all. Again, not because that person is trying to deceive me. But the only way I can truly know what is right and what is wrong is for me to actually understand myself.

Once I realized I could never trust men, I started to try and understand, I tried to seek for myself, I started to direct my questions within. Without bias, in complete honesty no matter what the response I got was. And the rest is as they say - history. Seek and you will find, I found to be true. But you will find only what you seek.

So I was given understanding. And by understanding I mean raw understanding, completely bare and naked of all labels and such. Instead of 1+1=2 or such, I just suddenly could add. Even when I meet the father, I did not label it as the father at all. I had no labels or words for it at all. It was just a deeper part of something within me. I just absolutely knew and understood it, and what reality and this experience was.

That was when I learned exactly how the father doesn't give as this world does. No man can give understanding like that to another, we can only express it.

I see Jesus say in John 14:20 about the father within, and I know exactly what he is talking about. Not because I read it in John 14:20, but because I know and experienced it for myself. I knew it before I even read the verse. And the more and more I started to read on what Jesus said, the more and more I seen that raw understanding I was given being expressed. And it is by that understanding he speaks that I recognize the father within him. Because I know exactly where that understanding comes from.

Who people serve is shown in their actions and what they do. It is not a matter of belief at all, because knowledge of the divine is not something you accept or have faith in - it is something you understand.

As for the road to your house - if all those people were looking for your house, then all roads will eventually lead to your house. They may get lost on the way and the path they take will include many roads - but if they are looking to get to your house, then they will eventually find it.

In your example, none of the people are trying to get to your house. When it comes to the father, it's just a matter of when they start looking for directions to the house, and stop getting directions from people who lead them into dark alleys to be robbed.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Simplynoone...

You just posted great reasons that have mislead the world.

God does not work through force. This will be known through personal relations.

When have you witnessed God doing such things?

These are not acts of Thee Most High...The Holy One.

God is only good...and this world is sifting that out.

I saw mother cleaning up the blood in heaven. It wasnt meant to be there. No one stood with her. It was very sad. She was very scared. No one taught her that someone was picking up her wrongs for her or that she was not to own up to her mistakes. She was being made perfect through relearning, which were things she was told she would not remember nor could tell me.

I only pass on what I come up with Simplynoone. Part of breaking away from here is understanding Gods nature...which is Holy. What does that mean? Im sure different people will give different answers and these answers relfect what they are ready to see and hear.

Thanks for always conversing back Simplynoone!

LV

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

Where do I condemn anyone? If I say that someone is wrong about something, I am by default condemning them? I think that is a bit absurd.

Noone will be condemning me if they speak against what I say. Go ahead, have at it. I am just another man to you and everyone else - why should you just accept what I say? You shouldn't - that is the entire point.

The father understands those who are blind and poor in spirit. While ignorance of the law may have no merit on earth, it does with the father - he understands. And while it has no merit on earth because any man can claim ignorance and lie, well you can't do that with the father. So if one is truly ignorant and poor in spirit, then they are blessed.

What makes one wicked and one who is to "blasphemy the holy spirit" is one who knows and understands the truth. But has used it and kept it hidden from others as a means of keeping their own power. It is that which Jesus is speaking of when he says - bless them father for they know not what they do, and it was the ones who had him brought there who carried the burden.

Now if they were just blind, or if they were wicked I do not know. It is not my place in anyway to judge them in such a manner at all. But that is completely different from saying - this is not right or what is meant. I in no way condemn anyone at all, but I know from their actions and fruits what they serve, just as I know who Jesus serves from his actions and fruits.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join