It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you have questions about the Bible?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Thats right that part has not happened yet ..

Jesus did fulfill that part though ..now his remnant will also

Rev 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, [and] the bright and morning star.

NOTICE HE HAD ALL TWELVE with him when he said this ...

Mat 20:17 ¶ And Jesus going up to Jerusalem took the twelve disciples apart in the way, and said unto them,
Mat 20:18 Behold, we go up to Jerusalem; and the Son of man shall be betrayed unto the chief priests and unto the scribes, and they shall condemn him to death,
Mat 20:19 And shall deliver him to the Gentiles to mock, and to scourge, and to crucify [him]: and the third day he shall rise again.
Mat 20:20 ¶ Then came to him the mother of Zebedee's children with her sons, worshipping [him], and desiring a certain thing of him.
Mat 20:21 And he said unto her, What wilt thou? She saith unto him, Grant that these my two sons may sit, the one on thy right hand, and the other on the left, in thy kingdom.
Mat 20:23 And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but [it shall be given to them] for whom it is prepared of my Father.
((((NOTICE HE SAID THOSE TWO OF THE TWELVE WOULD SURELY DRINK OF THE CUP HE DRANK OF (JUDAH AND JACOB ) (the cup he was speaking of WAS TO BE SCOURGED AND MOCKED AND PUT TO DEATH just like he WAS GOING TO DO >..

(((Notice it says THE TEN HEARD IT AND they were ANGRY that the TWO BRETHREN would be those who will DRINK OF THE SAME CUP AS CHRIST ..
The ten were JELIOUS ..........
Mat 20:24 And when the ten heard [it], they were moved with indignation against the two brethren.
Mat 20:25 But Jesus called them [unto him], and said, Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over them, and they that are great exercise authority upon them.
Mat 20:26 But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister;
Mat 20:27 And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant:
Mat 20:28 Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

Now read MATTHEW 20 JESUS SAYS HE WILL GIVE HIS LIFE FOR A RANSOM FOR MANY ...(right there JESUS ADMITS THAT HE WILL BE THE RANSOM ) but in the above verses he is saying that the TWO will drink of that SAME CUP that CHRIST DRANK Of (they will take on all the INDIGNATION of the WRATH OF GOD through THEIR DEATH ........(they are those who will be the called and chosen FOR DEATH during the TRIB >..Read Daniel 11 (these are they will be overcome and KILLED for HIS NAMES SAKE >>(JESUS )

Do you see it ?
This is when those VERSES will be COMPLETELY FULFILLED >.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
Acts has a bunch of references as well ...but you dont believe those writers either ..
So you see you cannot be reasoned with because you only WANT part of the puzzle (a piece from John a piece from Matthew etc) and you OMIT the rest (which we need ALL THE PIECES of the puzzle to make a WHOLE PICTURE)
This is why I DONT POST TO YOUR POSTS >....Until your READY to SEE IT ALL (with an open mind) you will not ever GET IT ...so whats the point in dealing with yuo ?

PS >>satan has your eyes blinded just like he does the jews which is why you cannot see ..I PRAY that he OPEN YOUR SPIRITUAL EYES to see ...IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST THE LORD AMEN >>>>

I don't believe any man, written or not. Anyone can write some things, and say it is of the father - anyone.

If you were praying for me then you wouldn't need to tell me. You tell me as a way of appearing good in the eyes of men - right after you called the father Satan.

Hey, if you believe all the bible so much - then why do you even speak at all? Women aren't supposed to speak up, much less argue. Is that part not the word of god, or do you just not care?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

So, I'm supposed to forget and ignore that it says in the same day multiple times, and instead only focus on the sacrifice part?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Ok Badmedia you are now on ignore for good ...
You dont care to know anything ..see anything or even reason about anything .
So I wash my hands of you now ......
I could care less about what MEN think ..(nor what you think) I have no PRIDE to care about ....I do care about TRUTH though which you love to DISTORT ...
its not all about YOU ...so get over it already

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
Ok Badmedia you are now on ignore for good ...
You dont care to know anything ..see anything or even reason about anything .
So I wash my hands of you now ......
I could care less about what MEN think ..(nor what you think) I have no PRIDE to care about ....I do care about TRUTH though which you love to DISTORT ...
its not all about YOU ...so get over it already

As you never address the things I post anyway, what is the difference? You've been ignoring what I say for a long time, while scolding me for not outright accepting what you tell me.

You for some reason seem to think I'm just supposed to up and accept what you say is truth, and then you get angry at me when I don't.

Knowledge of the holy is understanding. The only understanding you show me is taking things out of context while ignoring other parts of the things which don't meet up with what you want it to say. Then when I press you about it, you either ignore it, or you scold me like this and say nasty things to me - while at the same time claiming you pray for me.

I've seen a enough double standards to make a double-mint gum commercial.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by superevoman
I have 2 questions, 1 is about the bible, the other is more about how people use the bible.
Question 1) Why is the bible full of contradictions? And not just between the old and new testaments either. I never understood how it can have so many and still be infallible.

Question 2) why do people read the bible and then pick out only certain parts of it to point at as proof of something. for example the old testament prohibition against homosexuality. it is on the same page as other laws that state you should be able to kill your children if they disobey you and that a woman is "unclean" during her period. yet you never here people talking about that do you? they just point at the passage against gays to justify their own bigoted thoughts about others. am i wrong in this? please tell me if i am.
THANKS

My post seems to have been overlooked... i am curious and anxious to get them answered, i apologize if this violates any of ATS's double post rules

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggamemnon

I can answer the questions if you want, but I'm not a christian and don't believe the bible is the "word of god", so my answers might not be what you are looking for.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia

I can answer the questions if you want, but I'm not a christian and don't believe the bible is the "word of god", so my answers might not be what you are looking for.

If i were looking for specific answers... well there wouldn't be much point in looking would there? answer away!

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggamemnon
Question 1) Why is the bible full of contradictions? And not just between the old and new testaments either. I never understood how it can have so many and still be infallible.

The bible is a collection of books from different authors over time. The books in that collection have been determined and chosen by men/people. There are many other books out there which didn't make the "cut".

I find that it contains "both sides" in many cases. This is especially true in the NT. Paul contradicts Jesus many times on issues that are important, and are very direct contradictions.

Anyone who didn't go along with the books chosen were killed and tortured.

It's not the word of god. In order for it to be even divinely inspired means those who wrote it had to hear something else etc. That would be the real word of god.

People elevate the bible into such an authority, and by doing so they replace the father with the scripture. As if finding the father means he quotes scripture at you etc.

But it is useful, it contains lots of wisdom, lessons and reminders. It shouldn't be thrown away simply because some of the texts are either - misunderstood, or false. It just needs to be in it's proper place.

If you build a house, and you put the roof above the foundation - the house is going to fall. Even if the 2 pieces are of the highest quality material without a flaw in them. Not because the roof was bad, and not because the foundation was bad. But simply because they were not put in their proper places. If you put the roof above the foundation, then each is able to do the things which they are intended to do. The house will stand.

If something doesn't make sense and is contradictory - there is a reason for it. It's either wrong or you are reading/seeing the meaning wrong. If things are proper, then it should make sense and have meaning to it.

Take Jesus and the mustard seed. One can say - the mustard seed isn't the smallest seed in the world. But that is irrelevant to the meaning and understanding of the text. It is used only to give understanding. Not much relevance in understanding if he names something nobody knows etc. So, you should always be gaining understanding, and if you are not then something isn't right.

Personally, I think it foolish to settle for less than the word those who wrote the scripture heard.

Question 2) why do people read the bible and then pick out only certain parts of it to point at as proof of something. for example the old testament prohibition against homosexuality. it is on the same page as other laws that state you should be able to kill your children if they disobey you and that a woman is "unclean" during her period. yet you never here people talking about that do you? they just point at the passage against gays to justify their own bigoted thoughts about others. am i wrong in this? please tell me if i am.

In many cases they are hypocrites. Jesus calls out the pharisees in this manner as well, so when you point out they don't kill children and so forth - you are actually repeating something Jesus did.

They say they are keeping with the word of god, laws and so forth. But then as you mention they pick and choose which of those to follow. As such, they are merely using the god part as justification for their own biases. Because if they actually and truly gave a crap what the bible says, then they would also follow the other ones. They are just hypocrites who use "god" as justification of their own hatred and bias.

Jesus makes this point when they scold him for not washing his hands inline with tradition. And he calls them hypocrites and points out they don't kill the child who disobeys as the bible says, they just pick and choose what they want and call them god's laws.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Enlightening

Its nice to see some one who, on one hand isnt a text throwing vapid imbecile and on the other isnt filled with hatred towards other people.
You sir have given me something to ponder

[edit on 11-9-2009 by Aggamemnon]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Happy to be of service.

I recommend asking your questions in general within and to yourself. Not that asking others and such is a bad idea, but ultimately what is wanted is not to "know", but instead to understand.

Just "knowing" something isn't of much use. It's about like repeating 1+1=2 because someone told you, but not understanding math. If you understand math, you don't need to just repeat 1+1=2, you already know that is true. And unlike the person who only repeats 1+1=2, the person who understands math is able to apply it to their lives in a useful manner.

Those who simply accept things as truth rob themselves of the actual understanding.

And understanding is the only way one can really know if something is true or not. We can never accept something is true and really know. But if we understand, then we can know what is really true and what isn't, no different than how we know 1+1=2 is true only if we understand math.

So I'm not to be accepted anymore than anyone else. I may have said something that sounded good to you, but if you don't understand yourself then how do you know if I'm not just a good bs'r telling you what you want to hear?

Always go in the way of understanding, never accept is my best advice.

Proverbs 9

1Wisdom hath builded her house, she hath hewn out her seven pillars:

2She hath killed her beasts; she hath mingled her wine; she hath also furnished her table.

3She hath sent forth her maidens: she crieth upon the highest places of the city,

4Whoso is simple, let him turn in hither: as for him that wanteth understanding, she saith to him,

5Come, eat of my bread, and drink of the wine which I have mingled.

6Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

7He that reproveth a scorner getteth to himself shame: and he that rebuketh a wicked man getteth himself a blot.

8Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee.

9Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning.

10The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

Fear btw in that verse doesn't mean fear in the sense of being scared of a shark in the ocean. It means fear in terms of respect, to be in awe of and so forth. Fear in the same sense you might have fear of letting your parents or a loved one down, or doing the right thing etc. It's a sign of respect and love.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggamemnon

Originally posted by superevoman
I have 2 questions, 1 is about the bible, the other is more about how people use the bible.

THANKS

Sorry I have been very busy... The Bible is not full of contridictions, if the reader feels he or she is finding cotradictions then they lack understanding the Bible.
Homosexualality goes against our creator in that he created man and woman and commanded us to go forth and multiply. The Bible does state that homosexuality is an abomination in more places than just one. Do you find a woman to be clean during her period? It is a messy process and I find it to be anything but clean. Um as far as people picking out vs and using it to their advantage well this is Satan's way of perverting the word. People will use this to fit their lifestyle so they do not have to admit that they are wrong and change their behavior.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Melissa101

So, do you kill your children when they have been bad and talk back? Why do you keep some, but not others? Is it not picking and choosing? Or is it only ok when you do it?

If you were following that because you believed it was gods word, then you would also be following the others. As you do not follow the others - which you also say is the word of god, then the bottom line is you don't actually care if the bible says it or not.

Seems to me, if it was about keeping gods word, then you would keep all of them. I don't see how you can get around that.

It's this kind of hypocrisy that drives people away. You can pretend it's not all day long, but other people are going to see it for what it's worth unless they too have the same biases.

And I'm speaking from experience. It's exactly what turned me off religion when I was younger. Here Christians talking about how they are peaceful and how it's all about love, and then when the world doesn't mold itself to them I seen nothing but hate.

[edit on 9/14/2009 by badmedia]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   

reply to post by jmdewey60

Sorta. I was more referring to Psalms where it says - thou has not desired sacrifice and such. Psalms being the words of David and in response to that story.

The priest in the OT when he entered the holy of holies was
*required* to to make a blood sacrifice.

This is what the blood of Jesus is for.

At Jesus`es death the curtain of the Holy of Holie is broken in half, to simbolize that now averybody has acces to the Father, and instead of the blood of a goat the blood of Jesus is used.

This is all explained in Hebrews 9.

The blood of Jesus is required for accesing the Father, just like the blood of a sacrificial animal was required in the OT for the high priest to acces the Holy of Holies.

Hebrews 9
6When everything had been arranged like this, the priests always went into the first part of the tabernacle to perform their duties.
7But only the high priest went into the second part, and then only once a year, and never without blood, which he offered for himself and for the sins committed by the people in ignorance.

So indeed if you had acces to the Father, you had access to the Holy Of Holies, just like the high priest had in the OT, but the access was always conditioned by a blood sacrifice, the blood of Jesus served the role of the blood sacrifice.

The blood of Jesus gives you access to the Father, I am not sure if it forgives all your sins or not, but as you see it does serve a purpose.

This is not to say that your interpretation (about Jesus = truth) cannot be also corect at the same time. It can.

From Wikipedia --> Crucifixion of Jesus -- >Temple veil, earthquake and resurrection

The synoptic gospels state that the veil of the temple was torn from top to bottom. According to Josephus, the curtain in Herod's temple would have been nearly 60 feet (18 m) high and 4 inches (100 mm) thick. According to Hebrews 9:1-10, this curtain was representative of the separation between God and man, beyond which only the High Priest was permitted to pass, and then only once each year[cf. Ex. 30:10] to enter into God's presence and make atonement for the sins of Israel. [Lev. 16] Bible expositors agree that the rending of the veil is symbolic of Jesus establishing a new and living way of access to God[Heb. 9:11-15],

[edit on 16-9-2009 by randomguy]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Melissa101

I do not claim to be an expert but I would like to try to answer any questions you may have about the Bible, prophecy or religion. If I do not know an answer to a question I will let you know up front that I will have to research the topic before I can answer it. Please, mature and honest questions only any thing else will be ignored. So lets get started... Ask away....

Okay, I have one....

Methusela was the oldest man to ever live at 969 years old, yet he died before his father did.

How is this possible???

[edit on 16-9-2009 by NOTurTypical]

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Matthew 28:1-10 says that when Mary Magdalene went to the tomb that she was told by an angel that the Messiah had risen and would be seen in Galilee. Matthew then says that she ran "with great joy" to tell the disciples and while on the way that she met the Messiah (this occurred before she got to the disciples).

However, John 20:1 and 2 say that when she came to the tomb and didn't find the Messiah there, that she ran to the disciples and told them that He had been taken away and that she didn't know where He was. In Matthew she knew where He was (or at least had been) and where He would be, but in John she didn't.

How can this be reconciled?

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by rstrats

How can this be reconciled?

She runs into him later, in verse 14.

At this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing there . . .

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
jmdewey60,

re: "She runs into him later, in verse 14."

You're missing the point. You need to read my post again.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   

If you were following that because you believed it was gods word, then you would also be following the others. As you do not follow the others - which you also say is the word of god, then the bottom line is you don't actually care if the bible says it or not.

Seems to me, if it was about keeping gods word, then you would keep all of them. I don't see how you can get around that.

It's this kind of hypocrisy that drives people away. You can pretend it's not all day long, but other people are going to see it for what it's worth unless they too have the same biases.

And I'm speaking from experience. It's exactly what turned me off religion when I was younger. Here Christians talking about how they are peaceful and how it's all about love, and then when the world doesn't mold itself to them I seen nothing but hate.
[edit on 9/14/2009 by badmedia]

It is VERY good to see someone make sense at the ATS religion forum.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

edit on 13-8-2013 by jmdewey60 because: nevermind

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join