It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let me show you a Bible prohecy that has came true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

Originally posted by John Matrix
Because I can, and there is dick all you can do about it. Even if I told you where to find me, there is still squat you could do.

Right, so now it's you telling us to stop talking about our negative opinions of religion because it bores you and yet when asked why you don't stop talking about it you reply with an arrogant retort that serves only to attempt to vilify the other person by suggesting that his comment was making a physical threat against you or your property when in fact that other person said no such thing.

That is disgraceful and pitiful really. To turn his comment around and attempt to make him into the bad guy for nay-saying you is exactly the type of control I was talking about that religion tries to exert over the masses.Thankyou, again, for proving my point with such utter clarity. I could not have had a more perfect example!

[edit on 28/8/2009 by Kryties]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Right, so now it's you telling us to stop talking about our negative opinions of religion because it bores you and yet when asked why you don't stop talking about it you reply with an arrogant retort that serves only to attempt to vilify the other person by suggesting that his comment was making a physical threat against you or your property when in fact that other person said no such thing.

That is disgraceful and pitiful really. To turn his comment around and attempt to make him into the bad guy for nay-saying you is exactly the type of control I was talking about that religion tries to exert over the masses.Thankyou, again, for proving my point with such utter clarity. I could not have had a more perfect example!

I was trying to do you a favor by asking you to stop the with the bias, bigoted, and prejudicial remarks that you paint people with. Do you think I'm the only one that's tired of these God and Christian hating threads?
If you listened to me you might save yourself from looking hateful and ignorant.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

bias, bigoted, and prejudicial

HAHAHA don't make me laugh, I don't think you realise just how ignorant your comment is.

en.wikipedia.org...

BIAS: Bias is a term used to describe a tendency or preference towards a particular perspective, ideology or result, especially when the tendency interferes with the ability to be impartial, unprejudiced, or objective.[1]. In other words, bias is generally seen as 'one-sided'. The term biased is used to describe an action, judgment, or other outcome influenced by a prejudged perspective. It is also used to refer to a person or body of people whose actions or judgments exhibit bias. The term "biased" is often used as a pejorative, because bias is inherently unjust, lacking merit.

So my opinion of religion is bias? DUH!!!! I'm taking the opposing opinion which is OBVIOUSLY going to be seen by your side as bias, just as I think religious fruitcakes are biased against my point of view! Well done for pointing out the bleeding obvious

en.wikipedia.org...

BIGOTRY: A bigot is a person who is obstinately and irrationally, often intolerantly, devoted to his or her own religion, political party, organization, belief, or opinion, especially one who regards or treats those of differing devotion with hatred and intolerance.[1] Bigotry is the corresponding mindset or action.

Ok, so I'm bigoted and so are you! You made it quite clear of your intolerance towards non-religious people by saying that our opinion on the subject matter "bores you".

www.thefreedictionary.com...

prej·u·di·cial (prj-dshl)
adj.
1. Detrimental; injurious.
2. Causing or tending to preconceived judgment or convictions: Jurors were told not to read the newspapers to avoid being exposed to prejudicial publicity for the defendant.

I don't think you mean the first definition, because if you do you are clearly delusional, but in the second one again both of us are guilty of. I have the strength of my convictions, as do you.

So what exactly was I doing wrong then, given we have now taken a close look at the exact meaning of the words you chose to describe my opinion as? No really please! I am confused by your erratic thinking and non-sensical answers now......

Oh and ignorant?? Please, pull the other one. My mother is a christian, I am married to the daughter of a famous christian composer and I have spent many years researching and forming my own, independant opinion of religion and it's effect on people. The conclusions I have come to have been borne from logic and reason, not fear and delusion.

[edit on 28/8/2009 by Kryties]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Kryties: Thank you for looking up the definitions. Hopefully you did not simply copy and paste without actually reading them.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

OK it's quite obvious to me now that your intention is not to actually read my posts and respond to them intelligently, but instead you try to send the conversation around in circles. All logic has now left the building so i'll be off now - have fun kids

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

John, read my post again. I was NOT replying to you. Just check the reply name.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
What does this particular bible prophecy mentioned by the OP have to do with what you think of religion?

BTW: I'm not religious. I have nothing to do with religion. Who says people who read and study the bible, or who believe in the prophecies contained in the bible, are all religious? I can read the bible like any other book.....I can study it and grasp it's truths without being religious.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012

John, read my post again. I was NOT replying to you. Just check the reply name.

Go back, I fixed it for ya. Apologies offered for that mix up. I'll try to be more careful

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

The reason he was replying to you is that your comment made no sense in terms of what I had said. Never at any point in time did I complain that I was "sick of hearing about it". I simply said that if religion is going to blast their opinion into my ears without asking me then I am going to blast my opinion right back whether they like it or not.

Both he and I thought you must have meant the comment for him as it made more sense that way.

But now that you have said that it was directed at me would you mind explaining how on earth your comment was even remotely relevant to what I said? Or are you going to be another person in this thread who blurts out unrelated comments and then deflects all other conversation so as to attempt to make yourself look to be in the right?

[edit on 29/8/2009 by Kryties]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix
What does this particular bible prophecy mentioned by the OP have to do with what you think of religion?

In the spirit of intelligent conversation I will answer that, even though you did not provide me with the same courtesy when I posed questions to you.

Rivers dry up, change course and are dammed by humans. This has been occurring since the beginning of time. Why should I believe that one singular "prophecy" that is written in such a way as to be just vague enough to fit many different situation is the be all and end all truth? It is no better than Nostradamus's prophecies - written in such a way as that they could fit many differing situatons and are often misinterpreted.

BTW: I'm not religious. I have nothing to do with religion. Who says people who read and study the bible, or who believe in the prophecies contained in the bible, are all religious? I can read the bible like any other book.....I can study it and grasp it's truths without being religious.

Sure, there are people out there that may be able to study religion without actually believing - I am one of those people. You, on the otherhand, are not. Do you remember saying this a few posts back.......

I prefer to be called a Mystic, not a Christian. Atheists haven't tainted Mystics with their bias and prejudice to any great extent, yet.

It seems quite obvious to me that you hold a passion for your religious studies and that you get offended by people who disagree with you. I'm sorry but you fit the dictionary definition of a religious person whether you like it or not.

Oh and one last thing I would like to address....

Everyone is religious about things they believe to be true....including atheists.....

As for the atheists:
Everyone has a God.
One's God is that which one obeys.
One's character, actions, and deeds resembles the God they understand.
An atheist's God is himself. They are God's in their own minds.

So for someone who claims to know alot about 'athiests' you actually know very little to nothing at all. How dare you claim to know what I am thinking or feeling? Who do you think you are? Oh wait, that's right I'm talking to a religious person so the rules have changed - you believe you can be arrogant and a so-called expert just because you believe that I am the 'poor deluded godless person who needs to be saved'. Don't make me throw up.

I believe in science and hard facts. I believe in helping others first and thinking of myself second. Never at any point in time do I believe that I am a god unto myself nor do I "religiously believe" in stuff I believe to be true. If something is proven to be true it is because SCIENCE, LOGIC AND REASON made it so, not because of some fruitcake theory that "everybody is religious about something". That is simply a poor attempt by you to deflect conversation away from topics you don't like - something you have been doing this entire thread. I have picked you for who you are and you don't like it - and I could care less.

I would like to believe I will recieve even a somewhat intelligent response to this post but I know from your previous posts not to hold my breath. Could you at least do me the courtesy of not attempting another blatent and obvious deflection and actually respond to the subject matter that I have written? Is that really to much to ask? I mean we are all adults here right - or so i'm led to believe despite evidence to the contrary.

[edit on 29/8/2009 by Kryties]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by epitaph.one
You realize that in revelations, the "prophecies" are things that just occur. Wars / famine / death / drought...all that # has been happening since the beginning of recorded history...and you want to call them prophecy?

Thats like me writing a book entitled, THE END IS NIGH - in winter - snow will fall.

....................theres my prophecy, i wonder if i'll be right.

Thats why i think christianity is a joke, you can molest children all your life but on your death bed all you have to do is, say, opps...sorry got, i #ed up. forgive me. BOOYAH first class all the way to heaven baby.

nah, there is no god.

[edit on 27-8-2009 by epitaph.one]

While that is true, this is actually a pretty true prediction...to make way for the kings to the east. The river is being cut off from the east, and is going dry. I mean...that's not something you can just say, well it's not description.

No, not descriptive is like Nostradamus, and other soothsayers.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by epitaph.one

epitaph, sounds like you really know what your talking about. just watch
so in the future you at least don't look so ignorant.

see what you don't realise.

john matrix

very well said.

[edit on 4-9-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I'm not sure I understand. You seem to hold resentment towards those of us who are atheists for no good reason, and seem to want to prove something or give some kind of " AHAH see??!" revelation.

All I read was that the bible says a river is going to dry up, and eventually, thousands of years later, it did.

There are many religious books and texts all of which claim thousands of things. Does it really prove anything that some of those thousands of claims happen to come true eventually, over thousands of years, by chance?

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Think about what you guys are saing. You claim the prophecies are generalisations that always happen regardless. Or are they in fact a story telling of our history(their future)? It can be viewed from either end of the kaleidoscope friend. It's a general cycle, or prophetic cycle, whichever your opinion deems best.

This one for example, concerning the Euphrates, I view like this:

in the time that those words were written, the Euphrates was probably a beautiful flowing masterpiece of a river. That area was known as the fertile crescent after all. Why would "some dude" just "suspect" that this beautiful river would someday dry up?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
My beef is the fact that it isn't drying up. It's being dammed. The water is still there. In that regard, several rivers close to me are being "Dried up". Being that my state has no natural lakes, they dam the rivers up to make them.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

Bible Prophecy is the answer to where we are and what is happening today.

One of the greatest conspiracies in today’s world is the lies concerning scripture. People do not know what the LORD GOD has said in the Bible, and those that read it, if not led by the Holy Ghost, cannot understand it. They imply their own understanding, instead of asking the LORD for His. Thus, they rewrite the Bible and put their own interpretations into the re-wording of the Holy Texts and do a grave disservice to all the people around the world who really do attempt to understand the truth.

It is written: 2nd Timothy Chapter 2 Verse 15 and Chapter 3 Verse 16
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needs not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness;

But too many people do this: 2nd Peter Chapter 3:16
As also in all his epistles (Peter is speaking about Paul’s Epistles), speaking in them of those things, in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

They also choose to ignore the warnings of changing the word of God: Revelation Chapter 22 Verse 18-19
For I testify unto every man that hears the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Proverbs 30:6
Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

Deuteronomy 18:20
But the prophet, which shall presumes to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.

You see people, it is also written: Proverbs 9:10
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom; and the knowledge of the Holy is understanding.

Also: 2nd Corinthians 2:17 and 4:2
For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ.

But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man’s conscience in the sight of God.

Trying to get people to really read the Bible with a true heart is impossible now a days, also prophesied in Isaiah 29:10-14

For the LORD has poured out upon you the spirit of deep sleep, and has closed your eyes: the prophets and your rulers, the seers has he covered, And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he says, I cannot; for it is sealed: And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he says, I am not learned. Wherefore the LORD said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precepts of men: Therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvelous work among this people, even a marvelous work and a wonder: for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid.

Now that being said: I would encourage people to do this: Proverbs 4:1-2
Hear, you children, the instruction of a father, and attend to know understanding. For I give you good doctrine, forsake you not my law.

Isaiah 55:6-9
Seek you the LORD while he may be found, call you upon him while he is near: Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thought: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Isaiah 55:3
Incline your ear, and come unto me, hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David.

I am going to try and help you understand how to read the bible. Try and lead you through the Word of God the correct way. In this day and age, the veil needs to be torn and understanding needs to brought forth, because only by the Holy Spirit will you learn, understand and be resurrected. It is your anointing, and your seal unto God.

1st John 2:27-28
But the anointing which you have received of him abides in you, and you need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teaches you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it has taught you, you shall abide in him. And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at this coming

Why, Because of this: 2nd Corinthians 2:9-16

But it is written, Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God has prepared for them that love him. But God has revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searches all things, yea, the deep things of God. For what man knows the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? Even so the things of God knows no man, but the Spirit of God. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man’s wisdom teaches, but which the HOLY GHOST teaches comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man receives not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. But he that is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. For who has known the mind of the LORD, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

The Bible is the LIVING Word of God. It is for us today, just as it was when the LORD Jesus Christ walked this earth, when Abraham, Issac and Jacob were a chosen family out of all the people in the world to create a people of faith to inherit the promises of the covenant that the LORD passed on from generation to generation.
As a matter of fact, much of what is written are targeted for us today, more than any generation that has lived on this earth, because we live in the final days, the fulfillment of all prophecy, and it is hidden from all of you. You do not read it, nor care to. If you do read it, it is not with a pure heart to really come to repentance and understand what our Creator said to do to receive the gift of eternal life. Believe. That is it. Believe in his Word and believe in His only begotten son, Jesus Christ.

Matthew 22:37-40
Jesus said unto him, Though shalt love the LORD they God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

We are living in very perilous times. Right now we are going through the times of sorrows. Matthew 24. After the tribulation of these days is the Great Tribulation, and then the final judgment. Yes, our world is being prepared for the final testing of our faith as Christians and the separation of the Wheat from the Tares.

Now if I have hit the mark to some of you, get an authorized King James Version Bible and the Strongs Concordance. Because that is the Bible I use and know that you can rightly divide the word of truth from it. It is not hard to understand when the Holy Spirit opens your understanding for you. Because I will not type all the prophecies out for you, I will just give you book, chapter, verse in a list for the topic that I will address, then you can go and read it for yourselves. All the answers of what is happening today are in there. God loved you so much, and the prophets were so concerned about what would happen at the end, that it is clearly stated throughout the scriptures concerning what we are facing today. In almost every single book of the prophets, the LORD God quite clearly tells them to write everything in a book. From Moses to John, Genesis to Revelation.

In the concordance, look up the word Book and you will find all the scriptures pertaining to that last statement.

Psalms 40:7
Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me…

The coming of the LORD Jesus as the suffering Christ, his trial and resurrection and he fulfilled almost all of the Law in Leviticus, some have yet to be fulfilled, but that is for end times, such as the day of atonement, year of jubilee and the feast of tabernacles. Helping people understand the books of the law is a very in depth study because it has to do with animal sacrifice, rituals, etc, that are no more recognized by God because Jesus was the final sacrifice for our sins. They were I.O.U.’s until Jesus’ coming the first time.

Isaiah Chapters 9, 43, 50 and 53, Isaiah 26:19, Born by a virgin, Isaiah 7:14; (Zechariah 11:13, Matthew 26:15 The Lord was betrayed for 30 pieces of silver); His death on the cross, Psalm 22; where Jesus was born, Micah 5:2-3; Jesus entering Jerusalem on an ass, Zechariah 9:9 and Matthew 21:5-7. Speaking in parables, Psalms 78:1-4.

This is just some of the many scriptures that contain for the FIRST coming of our LORD and Savior. If the people of those days has understood and recognize Jesus,

1st Corinthians 2:7-8
But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, the would not have crucified the LORD of Glory.

Because if Jesus did not die then, Hebrews 9:17
For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator lives.

There would not have been the blotting out of our sins. Only by the blood of Jesus Christ can our sins be remembered no more. Psalms 51. Read the whole Psalm.

Lets move on to the conditions of the world and our current state of affairs and end time prophecies. The LORD God clearly depicts what we are facing today. He is angry and only those that truly seek him will he save and deliver and be apart of the first resurrection. There are so many, that I will give you the main ones.

Jeremiah Chapter 25:13-38; Isaiah 13, 14, 24, 25, 26, 27, 32, 33, 51, 52 53, 57, 59-66; Ezekiel 37-39; Daniel 7, 8, 11:21-45, 12; Hosea 6:1-3; Book of Joel; Amos 8-9; Book of Obadiah; Book of Micah; Nahum 1:2-8; Book of Zephaniah; Book of Zechariah; Malachi 4; Matthew 24; Mark 13; Luke 17:20-37; Luke 21:6-33; 2nd Peter; 2nd Thessalonians 2; Jude; Revelation. Psalms 120-134

There are plenty more, but this should give you enough to see that the Word of God is the truth and He did tell us all things. I just hope enough of you will start taking a more thorough interest in the truth and search for yourselves. Time is short and the world full of lies and conspiracies. False teachers and false prophets. But you have one book that gives you all the information you need.

I got this from a fellow brother in the LORD. He said, BIBLE = Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth. How true. Stop letting other people tell you what is in the Bible and start reading it for yourselves. And PRAY for Gods wisdom and understanding. If you really mean it, He will open His word up to you and believe me, this is your last chance to seek him. We live in the Laodicean church age, where the door will soon be shut and you will not enter in. The first resurrection has not taken place yet, otherwise you would see a lot of empty graves.

1 Thessalonians Chapter 4:13-18

But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that you sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. For this we say unto you by the word of the LORD, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the LORD shall not prevent them which are asleep. For the LORD himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the LORD in the air: and so shall we ever be with the LORD. Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

Isaiah 49:15-18

I, even I, have spoken; yea, I have called him: I have brought him, and he shall make his way prosperous. Come you near unto me, hear you this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the LORD God, and his Spirit, has sent me. Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the LORD thy God which teaches thee t profit, which leads thee by the way that you should go. O that thou had harkened to my commandments! Then had thy peace been as a river, and thy righteousness as the waves of the sea, Thy seed also had been as the sand, and the offspring of your bowels like the gravel thereof; his name should not have been cut off nor destroyed from before me.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Reply to post by Ecidemon

Look at it from ancient mans perspective. Did they know what a dam was? Or was the only way they could describe it being "it dried up"?

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agree2Disagree
Reply to post by Ecidemon

Look at it from ancient mans perspective. Did they know what a dam was? Or was the only way they could describe it being "it dried up"?

Seems to me they could describe the water being dammed in such a way that would be apparent the river just wasn't "drying up". Like, you know, blocked the river from flowing, etc. And it's not the entire river that's "dried up". If you're taking it literal, you can't pick and choose.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien
So, even if all the prophecies in the Bible came true, what would you want us to do?

Surrender to someone's idea of God?

What?

qft

there is no spoon

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Ah please the bible's prophecies are foolish and tall stories. I've more faith in the predictions of Nostradamus then any disciples in that darn bible. Nostradamus predictions are way more accurate, sadly
Almost everyday something he predicted comes true.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join