It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let me show you a Bible prohecy that has came true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

wow!! let's see, river damned up stream...the sun, creating heat, drys up the water faster than it can be replaced. and this is happening in an known arrid part of the world......yup, no geologic or atmospheric science there, it's the angels!!!

[edit on 27-8-2009 by jimmyx]

And the sixth angel after pouring out his bowl , looked down and said, "oh...dam."

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by epitaph.one

you didnt consider the fact that maybe the rivers all dry up when the east , which is all around the world in the direction east or west, will come. biblical times did not use our moderen day maps silly

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
For those confused: the text from the bible is the Book of "Revelation" - the noun is used in a singular, not plural, form. Not trying to get into the semantics or anything, but ensure you are referring to its proper title if you want to argue for or against its writings!

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

Well technically, i'm not to savvy of the tigris.

Although, can a river not dry without victoria secret's best models making it so?

Bible depicts them a bit 'uglier' though. lol

It's weird to see my threads referenced.... I slap rainbows out of the sky, just to piss god off to.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused

bible.cc...
Revelation 22:19

And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.

you lost that argument...
read something before you try to argue a fact.

If we were to take this supposed prophesy as fact then the whole human race would be screwed and have been for the last 1800 years or so - about the time that they began interpreting and rewriting the "Bible" into different versions etc etc. I would venture that only someone like the Catholic Church would know the original texts since it has been rewritten and reinterpreted about a billion times.

Not to mention that the Catholic Church is known to have other books of the bible that they have secreted into the depths of the Vatican Archives that are supposedly also original "Bible" texts - and yet they have been 'removed' from the "Bible" for whatever reasoning.

So based on your above quote that states "And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book." and because we know that the "bible" has been modified for at least a thousand years or more, therefore either:

1. The human race is screwed and has been for over a thousand years OR
2. It's not prophecy, it's hypocrisy and a way to control the masses to the will of the few.

Nice way to shoot yourself in the foot mate
Keep them coming!

[edit on 28/8/2009 by Kryties]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by N3krostatic

I've decided you are awesome. Let's get together sometime and have a drink.

That sounds great!!! Thanks! Let's do that sometimes

Your theory is flawed, question what you think you know and stop being a follower. "IF" what you preach is so true you would not feel obliged to force your ideals down another's throat as you would know your beliefs will only benefit you. However you have to constantly convince yourself into believing what you believe, hence why you argue your view with such anger. You are talking yourself into believing, no one else.

That is partially what I have been trying to say.

If the religion is so true, then why the need to preach?

If the prophecies came true, what does it mean? Does that mean the Jehoviah's Witness is true? Does that mean certain denomination is right? Dare I say it means that the Ancient Astronauts is actually true?

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

Because we want to tell people about Jesus Christ and what He did for everyone.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Totakeke

Okay, we are all ears.

Tell us what he did for us besides confuse alot of people.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Totakeke

What? That he was a charismatic person who was good at speaking to crowds against the Powers That Be whom he then said something to tick them off so was nailed to a bit of crossed timber for it then a few days later he is speared, presumed dead and thrown in a cave where he comes to a few days later and toddles off to China where he spends the rest of his days. This disappearing act is seen as some form of magical or spiritual occurrence and people have been deluding themselves over it ever since.

Whats so great about that story?

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Thank you for your post. I have been waiting for this since I read "The Late Great Planet Earth" by Hal Lindsey back in the early 1970's. This is the first time I heard about the river drying up.

As for the atheists:
Everyone has a God.
One's God is that which one obeys.
One's character, actions, and deeds resembles the God they understand.
An atheist's God is himself. They are God's in their own minds.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Wow, I mean, wow. I was... I can't believe you said.... wow, ok, I can't reply to that now, gotta go calm down.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I can't believe that some people question where or who the kings of the east are.

When the prophecy was written, it was commonly understood that the East was the land mass on the east side of the Euphrates River. North America was undiscovered at the time of the writing.

To understand the prophecy one must consider the entire context to get the big picture:
1. Who wrote it.
3. Why was it written.
3. To whom is the message written.
4. When was it written.
5. What do we know about the historical circumstances at the time of the writing(political, social, etc.)

Don't ask what it means to you, ask what the meaning is that the author is conveying.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Originally posted by Totakeke

What? That he was a charismatic person who was good at speaking to crowds against the Powers That Be whom he then said something to tick them off so was nailed to a bit of crossed timber for it then a few days later he is speared, presumed dead and thrown in a cave where he comes to a few days later and toddles off to China where he spends the rest of his days. This disappearing act is seen as some form of magical or spiritual occurrence and people have been deluding themselves over it ever since.

Whats so great about that story?

Nothing is so great about your inaccurate summation of the well documented historical events surrounding the life, death, burial and resurrection of Christ.

Your version of the historical events is not based on any historical facts or credible eye witnesses. You ignore the eye witness accounts to Jesus resurrection, the eye witness accounts of the 40 days He spent with His followers after His resurrection, and the eye witness accounts by those who were present at His ascension. His ascension was witnessed by many, and the precise location made known.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012
reply to post by Kryties

Wow, I mean, wow. I was... I can't believe you said.... wow, ok, I can't reply to that now, gotta go calm down.

Why would you need to calm down? Did what I say offend your religious beliefs? And if so why? What is the problem with me having my own opinion about religion?

I do not believe in your religion nor do I believe that the "Bible" is an accurate representation of that era in time simply because it is secondary evidence, not primary. Why should that make you emotional huh? What right do you have to judge me because my beliefs do not "conform" to yours? That's the crux of what I hate most about religion, the emotional blackmail and the vilifying of those who do not believe in their god.

Disgusting.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

That's the crux of what I hate most about religion, the emotional blackmail and the vilifying of those who do not believe in their god. Disgusting.

I'm a Christian and I've never blackmailed anyone. There's nothing in the Bible about that, either.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix
Nothing is so great about your inaccurate summation of the well documented historical events surrounding the life, death, burial and resurrection of Christ.

Your version of the historical events is not based on any historical facts or credible eye witnesses. You ignore the eye witness accounts to Jesus resurrection, the eye witness accounts of the 40 days He spent with His followers after His resurrection, and the eye witness accounts by those who were present at His ascension. His ascension was witnessed by many, and the precise location made known.

Actually I was just making up a silly story to prove that lies can credibly be sold to the masses as truth. But while we are on the subject you yourself ignore the fact that there is an ancient Japanese legend that Jesus escaped the crucifixion and wandered off there to spend out his days. The Japanese seem pretty convinced of this and have evidence to support their argument as seen here: Tomb of Jesus in Japan.

Now I'm not saying I believe this story either but what gets on my goat about religious people is they defend their religion to the core and yet completely ignore contradictory evidence that states they are wrong. Another PRIME example of this is the Epic of Gilgamesh. I'm not going to go into detail on that one because I will be here all day but that right there is more than enough proof to me that religion is hypocrisy and simply a way to control the masses to the will of the few.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

But while we are on the subject you yourself ignore the fact that there is an ancient Japanese legend that Jesus escaped the crucifixion and wandered off there to spend out his days. The Japanese seem pretty convinced of this and have evidence to support their argument as seen here: Tomb of Jesus in Japan.

I'm not ignoring the story you mention. I weigh the evidence and go with what is the most credible.

Everyone is religious about things they believe to be true....including atheists.....so please stop knocking religion.....it's become real boring to see it on ATS.

I prefer to be called a Mystic, not a Christian. Atheists haven't tainted Mystics with their bias and prejudice to any great extent, yet.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Everyone is religious about things they believe to be true....including atheists.....so please stop knocking religion.....it's become real boring to see it on ATS.

So now you want me to stop because it is boring you? I got news for you mate, I don't care. I could care less that my opinions bore you because religion, the churches and it's followers all have absolutely NO problem boring me with all their delusional versions of history despite me shouting until I'm blue in the face that I don't want to hear any more religious nonsense. So no, I could care less that anti-religious threads bore you and I will NOT stop having my own opinion here on ATS - a community for people with opinions (just in case you didn't know).

I prefer to be called a Mystic, not a Christian. Atheists haven't tainted Mystics with their bias and prejudice to any great extent, yet.

Bias and Prejudice eh? Is that what you think of my opinion? Thankyou for proving my point.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

If you don't want to hear anymore, get off and quit posting. Why would you keep coming back and talking about it here if your sick of hearing about .

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012
reply to post by Kryties

If you don't want to hear anymore, get off and quit posting. Why would you keep coming back and talking about it here if your sick of hearing about .

Sorry there sickofitall2012. I was distracted by events in my living room...I thought you were referring to my post, when in fact you were referring to Kryties. So I edited it while I could to fix it.

[edit on 28/8/09 by John Matrix]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join