posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 06:45 PM
reply to post by zaiger
Damn right you're not the only one.
If there is nothing else obvious from this thread, at least this should be: Scientology - good, bad, or indifferent - is under attack.
Let's concede a few points:
- A 4th of July event held in front of two of the largest Scientology organizations in the L.A. area is going to be primarily for Scientologists or
people genuinely interested in learning more about it.
- Not everyone who comes to such an event is one of the above. They could be media, like this guy (2nd video, first post) or they could be guys
looking for handouts or anything like that.
- The security people have the job of making the event safe and welcoming for the intended participants.
- This includes a policy of no media people, usually.
- If this were your job, how would you handle a persistent SOB like the one making that video?
- It's not an easy situation to handle.
So it's just as likely that the story of this video (the one I watched) was roughly:
Media guy hears about Scientology event. Knows he's not allowed, but goes hoping he could possibly film something that would be embarrassing.
Security guys, recognizing him from earlier similar encounters, do their best to get him to leave.
He finally leaves and takes his video home and posts it.
Certain people pick it up saying "see what the Scientologists are doing!"
In fact, these videos have just about zero to do with what Scientologists are doing, what the subject is about, or any other data that might be
[edit on 2-9-2009 by l_e_cox]