It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Conversation With a Scientologist...Now this guy is INSANE.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

O so your a scientologist... Good luck with that. If this is something you truely believe in then hey, whatever makes you happy but if the people in these videos are truely scientologists I feel very bad for your cause. End of story.

Not gonna bash you, I'm just a person that believes spirtuality is in the eye of the beholder. I believe simply that living a moral life will get me into whatever the heck is next.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

O so your a scientologist... Good luck with that. If this is something you truely believe in then hey, whatever makes you happy but if the people in these videos are truely scientologists I feel very bad for your cause. End of story.

I do not really care if those people in the video are scientologists or not. I fail to see how the actions of a few reflect on me and my "cause". I am not posting threads about Stalin and hitler saying that i feel bad for the athiest and christian cause because i know everyone has their independent views. Except for anonymous which takes pride in their hive mind.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Why do you think christianity has such a bad rap? I mean other then it's track record through the centuries of murder. Evangelicals and such have made the religion look like it's full of a bunch of yahoos. As well as other religions the same thing has happened... I don't label muslims as yahoos but since terrorism is on such a rise in the middle east the general public lumps everyone into the same group. Your group is no different and is going to be treated as such by the general media. If thats a fact you can't get to grips with then be like me, a spiritual person without religion that takes what he can learn from everything and anything. Because if your part of a group your going to be labeled as such by the public because some memebers of the group are complete idiots. end of story.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13
reply to post by zaiger

Why do you think christianity has such a bad rap? I mean other then it's track record through the centuries of murder. Evangelicals and such have made the religion look like it's full of a bunch of yahoos. As well as other religions the same thing has happened... I don't label muslims as yahoos but since terrorism is on such a rise in the middle east the general public lumps everyone into the same group. Your group is no different and is going to be treated as such by the general media. If thats a fact you can't get to grips with then be like me, a spiritual person without religion that takes what he can learn from everything and anything. Because if your part of a group your going to be labeled as such by the public because some memebers of the group are complete idiots. end of story.

My group is no different than who exactly? And those videos were not put out by the "general media", they were put out by anonymous and Mark Bunker.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Those aren't people working for a media organization???

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Also you may want to take a look at the definition of the word media: In communication, media (singular medium) are the storage and transmission tools used to store and deliver information or data. It is often referred to as synonymous with mass media or news media, but may refer to a single medium used to communicate any data for any purpose.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

You can play games with semantics if that is what you want to do when you say general media i did not think that included a group of people trying to bring down a church on youtube.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Thats all media, youtube isn't a prodominate media venue now a days???

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger

Originally posted by Terranaut
If those scientology freaks stepped up to me like that in the street, their very next move would be in a hospital bed or dental chair... and I would enjoy every minute of it. Bring em on!

Terra

And what if you had a cam and stepped up to them on the street? would they have the right to put you in a hospital bed?

These people that make these videos seek out and go to scientology churches and events. I do see that they have the right to do that but it is not the nicest thing to do. I have the right to wear a KKK robe, go to the black movie awards and film the whole thing. I could also dress up like hitler and stand outside a synagogue. The difference would be if I did that I would look like the jerk, not the people who i was filming and harassing.

Im not condoning what Terranaut first said, but I do think you are completely missing the point as to why people confront Scientology armed with camcorders and asking a lot of questions...did you watch the 4 part documentary on page 2? if not, I suggest you do before you post anymore. Then you will see its actually the Scientologists who make it "not the nicest thing to do"

Originally posted by NoJoker13
reply to post by zaiger

Thats all media, youtube isn't a prodominate media venue now a days???

And yes it is.

[edit on 1-9-2009 by Griffo515]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Griffo515

Clearly it is, thanks for seconding that comment. These guys gotta know when and where to pick a fight. I'm thinking that place is nowhere and the time is never.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Nobody here is picking a fight. I know talking bad about Scientology on the net is a current meme. I just find it strange that page after page of people all saying the same thing more or less, I am some how the one that has been brain-washed.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Your the only one who supports it here, I'm sure if I go to your 'church' and say what I'm saying everyone will disagree with me! Pick your venue clearly this isn't it.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I am the only one who supports it on this thread but not the only one on ATS.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Thats still up in the air isn't it. Regardless I'm sure there's more of you, no one wants to be alone do they? O wait I'm without religion hmmmm logic presents itself.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Damn right you're not the only one.
If there is nothing else obvious from this thread, at least this should be: Scientology - good, bad, or indifferent - is under attack.
Let's concede a few points:

• A 4th of July event held in front of two of the largest Scientology organizations in the L.A. area is going to be primarily for Scientologists or people genuinely interested in learning more about it.
  • Not everyone who comes to such an event is one of the above. They could be media, like this guy (2nd video, first post) or they could be guys looking for handouts or anything like that.
  • The security people have the job of making the event safe and welcoming for the intended participants.
  • This includes a policy of no media people, usually.
  • If this were your job, how would you handle a persistent SOB like the one making that video?
  • It's not an easy situation to handle.

So it's just as likely that the story of this video (the one I watched) was roughly:
Media guy hears about Scientology event. Knows he's not allowed, but goes hoping he could possibly film something that would be embarrassing.
Security guys, recognizing him from earlier similar encounters, do their best to get him to leave.
He finally leaves and takes his video home and posts it.
Certain people pick it up saying "see what the Scientologists are doing!"
In fact, these videos have just about zero to do with what Scientologists are doing, what the subject is about, or any other data that might be helpful.

[edit on 2-9-2009 by l_e_cox]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by l_e_cox

You mean those videos had nothing to do with showing just how insane 'some' members of scientology actually are??? If your saying thats incorrect please prove examples why. Also provide an explanation as to why when the 'scientologist' arguement fails they result to profound character defamation like, 'you must be a pedophile' and 'you must beat your wife'. I await your educated response.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   

well hell, you can edit anything to make anyone look "insane" or rude.

Hhahahahaha that was pretty hilarious, these people are absolute nut bags.

...your clearly one of these looney toons!!!!!

Why do you think christianity has such a bad rap?

These guys gotta know when and where to pick a fight.

If thats a fact you can't get to grips with then be like me, a spiritual person without religion that takes what he can learn from everything and anything

url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread495841/pg1&mem=NoJoker13]See?[/url]

Also provide an explanation as to why when the 'scientologist' arguement fails they result to profound character defamation like, 'you must be a pedophile' and 'you must beat your wife'

That is a generalization, i have not done anything like that. That would be like me asking "why are christians on deathrow?"

[edit on 2-9-2009 by zaiger]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4dc70c99341c.jpg[/atsimg]

Im sory it had to be done.

And its not just a generalization your speaking of there Zaiger, The guy in that video happens to be one of the 'higher ups' as a Sea Org member. Apparently these select few are the most down to earth and 'sane' of all Scientologists. Hell, they even signed a billion year membership contract.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Griffo515

That is just rude and uncalled for.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Our country is F'd up and so are about 100,000,000 people in it.....the other 2 mill are regular people, but think about it....

We have more lunatics and douchebags than England has total population...

Not tell me why we get viewed in such bad ways....

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join