It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Conversation With a Scientologist...Now this guy is INSANE.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
So we went from Scientologists to Christians in a few short posts on the first page.

Quick! Somebody post a video of a Jew spouting crazy stuff. You know the Jews are just as crazy if not more so.

Then follow up with a video of some hip hop rapper spouting some crazy stuff. Jeah!

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
No more insane than christians, if you ask me.

"Death is the START of life!" -Christians. How much dumber can you get if you believe dieing is the beginning of your life?

[edit on 27-8-2009 by Kaytagg]

haha im f*** laughing outloud right now
"WASH YOUR HANDS IN THE LORD"....a WATER BOTTLE MADE BY NESTLE, thats sooo bootleg
haha
a waterbottle...from nestle...in a bargain pack...is the holy water these days?
ooooooooooooh 'ish how funny

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Jeeze. These guys are flipin crazy. In fact the whole Scientology thing is soooooo of the mark and soooo extreme in its of the markness that its very very worrying.

I have seen large number of documentary's about Scientology and all I can say is they really struggle with being questioned. They are hyper agressive. I wonder what they are trying to hide.

I think the certain religions need to be banned and this is one of them. In fact don't bother interviewing them, just lamp them. Knock em out. I don't advocate violence ....but there is just something in scientology that brings out the worst in me.....they seem to be the epitome of fanatical, extremist, racist, insane nut bags.
GRRRRRRR!!! ):-|

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Oh Come now Mr Mask. Surely we have a right and obligation to challenge behavior and actions that are way out there. There a lot of harm being done here and people have a duty to unover things for what they are.

I mean , left unchecked scientology could be a social time bomb, and if people react with anger and psycho bable BS everytime they get questioned then people are just going to think that scientology is up to something. Why can't these guys just be positive and not try to cover up their faith/fictional religion.

At the end of the day. L R Hubbard was just a Sci Fi author. Its almost as bad as people following Jedi as a faith. ITS MADE UP PEOPLE. Cricky. I think I might have stab at creating my own faith. Seems simple. Come up with any bull # psycho bable and prey on the weak willed and stupid (Tom Cruise). We all have to eat steak once a week on a tuesday, unless the moon is full in which case the lord almighty commands us to stand on one leg in a pool of custard and speak in tongues playing a banjo. In fact sounds a whole lotta fun...any takers? My first spiritual lesson will only cost a few thousand Euro.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
No more insane than christians, if you ask me.

"Death is the START of life!" -Christians. How much dumber can you get if you believe dieing is the beginning of your life?

[edit on 27-8-2009 by Kaytagg]

didn't jesus die so we didn't have to?

kill for jesus? if jesus is god why would he need me to to his dirty work?

i don't have a problem with god....i have a problem with religions.

-subfab

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by kilas
reply to post by Mr Mask

We all have to eat steak once a week on a tuesday, unless the moon is full in which case the lord almighty commands us to stand on one leg in a pool of custard and speak in tongues playing a banjo. In fact sounds a whole lotta fun...any takers? My first spiritual lesson will only cost a few thousand Euro.

LOL funny you say that I have a friend who is part of the Church of Philadelphia who are EXTREMELY particular about what kind of foods they eat because some meats are considered evil and poisonous to the body OH and did i mention he gives half...thats right HALF his weekly pay to the church in return for a long term job and financial plan in place for them!...all that is fine, but hes in his mid 30's...living with his parents and working in a dead end casual job stacking boxes and still gives his hard earned $$ to the cult....yes there I said it...the Church of Philadelphia is a CULT.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Griffo515

I've seen that second Scientology vid before. Those boys are definitely a few cents short!

The guy filming could have been better prepared tho, as in, having some form of agenda or plan to what he was doing. If he was only there to annoy them, well, that's not very productive.

reply to post by Kaytagg

That Jesus Camp video is creepy. Saw the documentary on telly here in the UK and when you watch that, how is it any different from the 'muslim extremists' we're meant to be at war with? Their ideology is the same, only the words have changed. Shame.

[edit on 28-8-2009 by noonebutme]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Hhahahahaha that was pretty hilarious, these people are absolute nut bags.

Heres a quote that these guys should pass out to these scientologists but they'd probably fall on def ears: To accuse others for one's own misfortunes is a sign of want of education. To accuse oneself shows that one's education has begun. To accuse neither oneself nor others shows that one's education is complete.

They accuse the cameramen of such hainness crimes, its rediculous.

Edit* Not bangs lol

[edit on 28-8-2009 by NoJoker13]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by kilas

I agree that everyone in America has the right to openly challenge, question or observe anything that they wish. It is not the "questioning" of Scientology that I have problems with (in fact, I think there are far more religions that have done enough damage far and beyond Scientology) among us.

But what bothers me most, is that people seem to turn in to evil little bastards very quick when it comes to questioning other people's spiritual beliefs. They don't find positive ways to convey their conserns. In fact, it seems more often then not, that the people attacking the Scientologists have "zero concern" for the thousands of people within the religion, and are more concerned with making them look stupid, or rip them apart from what they believe with little or no attention to their well being.

If you think Scientology is a cult that produces more harm in the world then good (and again, I am not saying it don't) , then the followers of this church are victims (as stated by another poster in this thread), and should be seen as people who need "help" not ridicule.

Making videos for youtube that celebrates the public harassment of these individuals, or hunting them down to mock them openly for our amusement, is just not the correct way to confront any church. It actually reinforces what that church is teaching to its followers-

"the nonbelievers are evil and plotting to destroy our way of life."

I just think that today's society welcomes attacking the minds of those we do not understand, tolerate or trust. There are civil ways to communicate serious worries. There are less "blood thirsty" ways to deal with any group that may (or may not) be attacking the moral fiber of our nation.

I have no idea when exactly the common man became so addicted to ripping a man down to his lowest form and then gloating above him as he curls up and cries. I have no clue what drives people to want to see people made fools of for their own amusement and satisfaction.

All I know is that "if" Scientology is a mind warping cult bent on controlling the weak, then the "weak people" who fall for it are victims no different then hostages who are tricking in to trusting their captors. They should be seen as innocent people who fell for a lie, not criminals to be humiliated in front of the internet world at large (for our amusement).

I wonder, does Anom actually care about those being suckered or controlled by this evil group, or are they just enjoying the thrill of seeing others reduced to babbling fools that we can all judge from the safety of our homes?

Seems like these anti-scientologist groups are more intent on hurting the scientologists then Scientology is.

What does that make them? Worse then the cult they seek to destroy?

Fact remains, there are less savage ways to deal with this "so called problem", and if you really cared for the people lost in the maze of lies that some say they see, wouldn't you be trying to help the victims and not concern yourself with dragging them to look stupid in public?

I dunno...it bothers me how many folks take great pride in removing pride from others.

Those poor people just wanted to gather with like-minded folks of their church. If the church is bad, fine, use legal avenues and take the moral highroad towards bringing them down. Don't make public displays of the bottom feeders of the philosophy, instead use the law to expose those behind the curtain.

Either way, the plague of "ill tempers" and the viral need for "mockery and destruction" shows me that compassion is not the case behind the movement against Scientology.

I actually respect the people being attacked in these videos a lot more then I respect those here who just blindly club away at them.

I don't dance with joy when another human is reduced to defending all he believes just because he decided to walk down the street.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by THX-1138

Well I suppose you haven't heard of the evangelical movement.
For bashing the jews, isn't that where yahoos always turn????

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by kilas
reply to post by Mr Mask

Seems simple. Come up with any bull # psycho bable and prey on the weak willed and stupid (Tom Cruise). We all have to eat steak once a week on a tuesday, unless the moon is full in which case the lord almighty commands us to stand on one leg in a pool of custard and speak in tongues playing a banjo. In fact sounds a whole lotta fun...any takers? My first spiritual lesson will only cost a few thousand Euro.

Does that include the banjo?

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Any group that seeks to attack, destroy or humiliate other common folk, seems to me to be misguided.

I'm just not down with fighting hate with hate.

I also do not subscribe to harassing/belittling victims of mind control.

Lets all be honest...we are all victims of such a thing in one way or another.

Imagine aliens coming here one day and seeing how messed up we are spiritually/mentally/physically, and instead of offering honest help to change it, they simply followed us around with video cameras and posted the videos on youtube as they invited all their space-friends to laugh at and mock us for our stupidity.

Not cool...

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SpacePunk

No sorry, you only get that once you reach level 3 and get granted the special power of yazun!!! Which will also cost around €1000.

I will chuck in a free jam jar though and a small pet monkey tamagochi.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Well when you talk about scientology say anything you want but when you start talking about scientologists remember that you are talking about real people and some may see these posts as offensive. I could care less what you think about scientology but when you start talking about me that is a different story. So please guys try to keep the hate speech limited to the religion and not it's practitioners. Thanks

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
There is abuse and shenanigans in every religious community. It sounds to me that Scientology has become the politically correct scapegoat. I'm not a member of L. Ron Hubbard's enterprise, but I don't try to pit any belief system against another. That's a pissing contest you can't win.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Totally agree with you. The man behind the camera is contributing nothing to an informed discussion. It's just sound bites ...

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

You couldn't be more right there...And apologies if I DID offend anybody (I really don't think I did...) But really how can we have a conversation about the church with ought mentioning aggressive mind control when the examples are all around us? Its just like saying "Some Catholic priests molest young boys" It happens no matter how you look at it, BUT everyone who is Catholic would in most cases be offended.

I'm not making comparisons of the 2 faiths...it was only an example.

[edit on 28-8-2009 by Griffo515]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13
reply to post by THX-1138

Well I suppose you haven't heard of the evangelical movement.
For bashing the jews, isn't that where yahoos always turn????

Three thumbs down for making a comment about Jews?!
What are you a Jew with a bone to pick?
The whole thread is making fun of Scientologists and Christians, as are you, and that is alright in your book?
You are irrational.
Seriously.
You are a mental midget.
And what is a yahoo? Who cares.
You can suffer the rest of your days.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Having been involved briefly with the movement in the UK against this cult, I can tell you that you are wrong. Simple as that.
The movement against the Cult is made up of ex-members, concerned citizens, people who's family members have literally DISAPPEARED into the Cult.

We hate the machine, the heads of this evil empire, this indoctrination and the fact that they systematically attack society in any way they can to further their profit and power.

We also recognise that most of those on the ground (the foot soldiers if you will) are generally mentally disturbed, psychologically damaged, vulnerable people.
Having said that, when one of these people gets into your face and starts shouting obscene accusations at you, the natural instinct is to fight back. You forget that they have been brainwashed into this action, that they have been consistently lied to for years and convinced that they have a duty to "defend" the cult.

The people against $cientology are not against the beliefs and opinions of those within the cult. They are against the attacks on society from the cult, the abuse of people within the cult, the profit at the expense of vulnerable people and the cover-ups of front groups and actions taken by the cult.

Throughout history there have been battles base on religious persecution, either against or in the name of one religious belief or another. No one is claiming that other religions have not acted in similarly destructive ways in history.
What people are against NOW, is this cult's actions throughout society, their influence in law, government, education, health...

By all means support a persons right to believe what they like. I support religious freedom too, as any sane and moral person should. What a person believes is not my business, until they bring it to my door and start threatening me.
A line is crossed when that religion attempts to control others, inflict violence on others, damage society, take advantage of weak people...

I can still feel compassion for people trapped within this cult, and fight them in every respect. I hate the machine and the damage it does, only briefly do I hate the slaves within it throwing abuse and violence around them in panic and fear. That hatred is soon replaced with compassion once tempers are calmed and reality comes back.

As long as $cientology is attacking society, sensible society will fight back. The cult will lose, it already has in fact. An entire generation of young people have woken up to this monster, and they will avoid it and fight it at every opportunity.

Maybe the people within it now won't wake up, and maybe they'll die in squalor and poverty having given their lives to this. But the next generation of potential slaves are already awake and will starve it of the money and slavery it needs to continue.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
reply to post by Mr Mask

Having been involved briefly with the movement in the UK against this cult, I can tell you that you are wrong. Simple as that.
The movement against the Cult is made up of ex-members, concerned citizens, people who's family members have literally DISAPPEARED into the Cult.

We hate the machine, the heads of this evil empire, this indoctrination and the fact that they systematically attack society in any way they can to further their profit and power.

We also recognise that most of those on the ground (the foot soldiers if you will) are generally mentally disturbed, psychologically damaged, vulnerable people.
Having said that, when one of these people gets into your face and starts shouting obscene accusations at you, the natural instinct is to fight back. You forget that they have been brainwashed into this action, that they have been consistently lied to for years and convinced that they have a duty to "defend" the cult.

The people against $cientology are not against the beliefs and opinions of those within the cult. They are against the attacks on society from the cult, the abuse of people within the cult, the profit at the expense of vulnerable people and the cover-ups of front groups and actions taken by the cult.

Throughout history there have been battles base on religious persecution, either against or in the name of one religious belief or another. No one is claiming that other religions have not acted in similarly destructive ways in history.
What people are against NOW, is this cult's actions throughout society, their influence in law, government, education, health...

By all means support a persons right to believe what they like. I support religious freedom too, as any sane and moral person should. What a person believes is not my business, until they bring it to my door and start threatening me.
A line is crossed when that religion attempts to control others, inflict violence on others, damage society, take advantage of weak people...

I can still feel compassion for people trapped within this cult, and fight them in every respect. I hate the machine and the damage it does, only briefly do I hate the slaves within it throwing abuse and violence around them in panic and fear. That hatred is soon replaced with compassion once tempers are calmed and reality comes back.

As long as $cientology is attacking society, sensible society will fight back. The cult will lose, it already has in fact. An entire generation of young people have woken up to this monster, and they will avoid it and fight it at every opportunity.

Maybe the people within it now won't wake up, and maybe they'll die in squalor and poverty having given their lives to this. But the next generation of potential slaves are already awake and will starve it of the money and slavery it needs to continue.

People, take CLOSE not that what detachedindividual has just written...this is exactly what I am talking about and precisely why I started this thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join