It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Ted Kennedy has died of Brain cancer at age 77

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by harpsounds
I don't think some of you guys have done enough in this thread to attack a dead man, I think you need to get over there quickly so you can urinate on his grave in real life too.

If it's any consolation to you, I've been attacking and pissing on Ted Kennedy's political grave for the last 30 years. To me, it's just another day.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity

Originally posted by Mak Manto
But he didn't intend to kill her. That's not the legal definition of murder... He's wrong for leaving her and not telling the police until later on, but don't lie and say, "He murdered her!"

I haven't "lied" about anything.

If someone dies as a direct result of your wrongful actions, you can be charged with wrongful death or manslaughter or homicide or even capital murder, depending on the severity of the circumstances. If you accidentally leave a child in a car on a hot day while you go shopping, and that child dies from heat stroke, yes, you can be charged with murder. Your intent doesn't enter into it.

Just so, if you leave any person to die in your car at the bottom of a pond, and you spend the next 10 hours making phone calls to cover your ass before you call the police, then yes, you can and should be charged with murder.

C'mon, be honest yourself... If some young guy took your daughter out on a date, got her drunk and molested her, and she ended up in the same sordid circumstances and met the same fate as Mary Jo Kopechne, and the young guy in question conducted himself in the same manner as Senator Teddy Kennedy, leaving her trapped in a car while he made phone calls to cover his ass, then YOU would be screaming murder like it was nobody's business.

And if you say you wouldn't react that way, you'd better take a look in the mirror and ask who's really lying.

— Doc Velocity

I would do as what the law states. No person is above the justice system, and despite what my feelings would be, I would stand by the law.

I'll say this to my grave if I need to: He was wrong for leaving the scene of the crime and not notifying the police. He said he did try to save her by going down several times, BUT HE WAS WRONG for leaving the scene of the crime.

He didn't murder her, though. He had no idea that that was going to happen. Neither did she. It was an unfortunate accident for the young lady, God rest her soul, and Mr. Kennedy's most defining flaw.

But he did not murder anyone. The justice system tells us this.

You can't interpret the law when you want to, Doc. That's not how it works.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by harpsounds
I don't think some of you guys have done enough in this thread to attack a dead man, I think you need to get over there quickly so you can urinate on his grave in real life too.

Yeah, go line up at his funeral like The Phelps Westboro Church folks and show his family what real Americans and real conservative christians are all about.

Maybe you'll even change the way his family and friends feel about him and they'll piss on his grave with you. Yes you can!

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Chillidog1

Oh, God...

Please don't tell me the Westboro cult is planning to go to Kennedy's funeral...?

Fred Phelps Sr. will always remain America's greatest nutcase...

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
reply to post by jsobecky

Please stop coming on as some kind of "an authority" on Senator Kennedy, and presuming to know what his motivations were.
do you have any idea how rediculous you sound?

Huh? What?

The guy said Teddy never ran for president. But in fact he did run for president. I pointed that out.

What's your problem? I haven't mentioned Chappaquidick at all.??

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
***breaks open a bottle of champagne***

Finally. The guy festered long enough in Washington. If he had kept his business and influence in massachusetts, I wouldn't have cared, but he didn't.

I seriously hope they start imposing term limits on Senators and represenatives now.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
All of us are fallible. I believe this man as he matured in age far past what any of his siblings did, changed.We all do.I never personally liked him but he served a purpose in government.You always need liberals.

It is odd that as I am writing this I am watching a PBS special on the Kennedy's.This is the time when the family is attempting to get a young Edward elected to the Senate.

One of the family confidantes says he thinks it may be impossible because,"Once he(Teddy) starts talking people will realize he is not very bright".

Fooled them didn't he.

Anyway this is the end of a political dynasty.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
My respect and condolences on behalf of Mr. Kennedy and his family. He was a true patriot.

The vile, bitter and spiteful hate expressed by posters on this thread is pathetic.
Somebody call the Decency Police. The "Value Voters" smell blood and are showing their true colors again. Ignorant joy is ignorance nonetheless.

Unlike most of the posters who chose to respond in a negative way, this man will be long remembered for the good he did in his life.

The only solace I find is knowing that "Karma is a boomerang." Watch your backs.

[edit on 27-8-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
***breaks open a bottle of champagne***
Finally. The guy festered long enough in Washington. If he had kept his business and influence in massachusetts, I wouldn't have cared, but he didn't.
I seriously hope they start imposing term limits on Senators and represenatives now.

I owe you a full body hot oil massage. Feel the love.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

What, thats all? How about a good crap to go along with the urine?

I'm mortified that the MODS are allowing this kind of post to slide by.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
reply to post by Doc Velocity

What, thats all? How about a good crap to go along with the urine?

I'm mortified that the MODS are allowing this kind of post to slide by.

Um, what kind of post to slide by? I expressed an opinion, and Doc Velocity simply showed his own agreement.

Since when is despising and celebrating the demise of a tryannical, undemocratic figure, a violation of TOC?

Even if you, like others, do not agree, and believe he was a great political force, does not mean those of us who disagree astrongly are somehow violating TOC.

There are those of us, who see the late senator as little more than a symbol of nepotism and un-american principals, and thus, are relieved that he has finally gone on, and thus, can do no more harm.

For the good Doc: I prefer my oil scented with sandalwood, myrhh, and ylang ylang, if you don't mind. A glass of champagne for you as well, as we look hopefully into the future, where we will no longer suffer decades of questionable policy forced on the rest of the country by an incumbent rich boy riding family fame and fortune to push an agenda that simply does not mesh well with the rest of the country beyond Boston.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
IRA sympathiser Ted Kennedy was no friend of Britain

It says much about humanity’s basic urge to be ruled by dynasties that Teddy Kennedy came anywhere near being elected president in 1980. Whatever his other qualities, his behaviour at Chappaquiddick eleven years earlier, where he might have been able to save Mary Jo Kopechne’s life but instead chose to save his own career by waiting until his blood/alcohol level reached a legal level, would have ruled out anyone else from becoming local rat catcher, let alone leader of the greatest nation on earth.

But after the murder of his brothers John and Bobby, Teddy became America’s atheling – until the public realised there was little good left to come out of that clan (with the exception of Arnold Schwarzenegger, married to Teddy’s niece Maria Shriver).

Kennedy was no doubt a dedicated servant of Congress and a passionate believer in combating poverty, but his lasting legacy on this side of the Atlantic was to poison Anglo-American relations for a generation. It’s not often said aloud but many British people when they first saw United 175 hit the World Trade Centre felt, alongside shock, pity and a sense of solidarity with the American people, also a feeling of “now you know what terrorism is like, will you stop funding the murder of our people?”

For years Kennedy was the bang-drummer-in-chief for brainless Irish-American IRA sympathisers, dimwits who shouted “troops out of Dublin!” and sang maudlin songs from the comfort of Boston and New York, giving money for strangers 3,000 miles away to murder their neighbours.

For despite the pseudo-Marxist justifications the IRA used, which was obviously lapped up by useful idiots on both sides of the Irish Sea and across the Atlantic, their goal was always ethnic cleansing against their neighbours, the people who Americans still call “the Scots-Irish”.

Kennedy himself said that Ulster Protestants “should be given a decent opportunity to go back to Britain”, without in any way suggesting he would give Boston back to the Indians (or the English-Americans, for that matter) and return to Co. Wexford. He compared Britain’s presence in Ulster with America’s in Vietnam, and later forced Jimmy Carter to ban arm sales to the RUC, blackening the name of that tirelessly heroic band of men, each one of them worth a thousand spoiled Ivy League playboys.

Kennedy spoke out against violence in Northern Ireland while cosying up to IRA terrorists, the cause of the violence, ensuring Gerry Adams could visit the States in 1996 and celebrate that great festival of plastic patriotism and falseness, the American St Patrick’s Day Festival. He only later distanced himself from Sinn Fein/IRA after their goons murdered Robert McCartney and the American public woke up to the reality of “the boys”.

The truth is, he would have sold every hard working, Middle east fighting American troop down the river, for remember this America. The IRA, the terror group which he supporter for years, supported and therefore helped kill men, women and children in the streets, were the same people doing weapons deals and swapping bomb making skills with many of the groups now killing Americas sons and daughters.

[edit on 27-8-2009 by WorldWarEnd]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
While I'm not going to mourn the loss of Ted Kennedy... and nor will I share any kind words regarding his life... I certainly will not judge the man for his sinful life.

No, it's not my place to judge a man I never knew by evaluating his sins (specifically chappaquiddick), or any sin for that matter. I'll let God do that.

I wish people would think twice before they pass judgement on others... because little do they realize that God will pass judgement on them, and nobody is innocent in this world.

I've read the words "Burn in Hell" or something similar in this thread atleast five times. You really shouldn't even wish hell upon your worst enemy.

My 2 cents.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity

Originally posted by DrMattMaddix
Whoa! Set the time frame. It was the late 60's. Drunk driving was not such a big deal. Not until MADD came along in about 1984 or so.

Not at all true. Drunk driving has been a criminal offense for decades, and the police have always treated it with the utmost seriousness. My grandfather was a county sheriff, and three of my uncles were patrol officers in the 1960s, and I know wherefrom I speak.

More than likely you don't understand the climate of the 1960s because you weren't yet born. But I remember very clearly.

— Doc Velocity

LOL, Wasn't born yet?... Yeah, I am old enough.

Maybe it depends what part of the country or what state. My personal experience... Open wine cooler, with 3 more on the floor behind my seat. Cop got me in San Francisco and made me dump them all then said get outta there. LOL.

In the 50's when my dad was young in the midwest, he was a Budman, same thing. He never had a 'drunk driving' nor did I ever. He claimed many stories of being let off. Dump them and get lost. Hate to tell you this but those stories don't make the news.

Ironically, I was hit head on by a 2.0 drunk driver. 1.0 was legal limit. He was wasted. I was treated for shock and broken bones not drunk, as I had quit drinking years before.

Drunk driving might be criminal... Late 70's early 80's It was felony when involving an injury accident, or leaving the scene of property damage accident. Since I was a plaintiff in a felony accident.

BTW: His parents were rich and ... something like Kennedy. (sorry no details)

The charge is completely dependent on the result of the drunk driving. It's as I've stated above. Dump the goods if you can. That was then. In California.

Jacko and Kenno are still dead, life goes on.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
this man will be long remembered for the good he did in his life.

I kinda doubt that. As you can see just by the posts here, he wasn't a beloved figure at all. There are a few 'DGTempe'rs on Cape Cod ( hey there DG!
) who may have liked the guy, but overall most (except the left coast) of the rest of the country didn't like him or what he did.

I could list what he'll be remembered for ... but perhaps that's for a different thread and time.

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
Was this thread made to honor the passing of one of our nations most loyal public service workers, ....

In the old days politicians were 'public service workers'. Not anymore. Being a politician is a self serving position these days that requires alot of narcissism and 'connections'. NWO connections, family connections, nafarious underworld business connections, and money connections. It's very hard to find a real 'loyal public service worker' amongst the politicians of today. Frankly .. Kennedy wasn't one of them. I'm not pointing him out exclusively. Most of the big names are not 'loyal public servants'.

[edit on 8/27/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

OK, I'll rephrase, "I" will long remember this man for the good he did in his life. Fair enough?

Aside from penning roughly 2,500 pieces of legislation and being known to reach "across-the-aisle" some might only recall the major bills he authored, co-authored or sponsored. Among them The COBRA Act (ability to maintain Insurance after being laid off or fired) and ADA (American with Disabilities Act) just to name two noteworthy accomplishments.

And one that I perform in-kind charitable donations to "Meals on Wheels" which provides food for the elderly who are infirm, disadvantaged or immobile.

So, as evidenced by the crowd here, was he "popular?" Well that is a matter of opinion, not to the Glenn Beck crowd that so profusely defends a much lessor man.
But to the millions who benefit everyday from his hard work, and the people of Mass. (we were even afforded a first hand account from a credible, long time poster here, DGTempe) and to me, he was a noble American patriot who gave selflessly and devoted his life to the betterment of America.

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." MLK Jr.

His passing is of great consequence and deserves solemn respect.

DENY DISRESPECT.

de mortuis nil nisi bonum dicendum est

[edit on 27-8-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
The Kennedy sponsored programs are endless- That whole family has had an involvement with making sure the residents are warm in the winter by providing, free or discounted OIL so we can survive the winters, among many other things.

Sorry, i'm not a die hard fan, but everywhere you look there is a program for the old and needy and its run by the Kennedys. God bless them as a family who have given so much to our state.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
OK, I'll rephrase, "I" will long remember this man for the good he did in his life. Fair enough?

You don't need to rephrase. He will long be remembered for the good he did, some of which you have noted. He was very loved by many people. Just because there's a vocal faction of members here who hated him and are glad he's dead, and just can't stand to hear anything good about him, that shouldn't (and doesn't) take away from the expression of appreciation and respect that so many have for him. It's just background chatter to me.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by harpsounds

Believe me, I fully intend to carry out the deed. My reasons are personal and not political. They remain my own and not something I care to share but lets just say, in my mind, this man deserves every bit of vitriol your seeing in this thread.

Zindo
Edit to add: There will be hundreds of female restaurant waitresses in DC thankful for this mans demise!

[edit on 8/27/2009 by ZindoDoone]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
All you hate spewers can rot. Ted Kennedy and his family did far more for this country than any of you ever will....

And JFK and RFK died trying to serve it.

What have you jerks done?

I have never said good riddance I am glad someone is dead...

How tacky, tasteless and most of all heartless...

AND I am sure you think yourselves good Christians.

[edit on 27-8-2009 by grover]

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join