It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Ted Kennedy has died of Brain cancer at age 77

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
There will be hundreds of female restaurant waitresses in DC thankful for this mans demise!

Oh? Should we add lousy tipper to the alleged vitriolic misdeeds list?

2nd line: Got change for a $20?

[edit on 27-8-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by WorldWarEnd

Yes, thank you for bringing that up. Terrorist sympathizer and supporter, to add to a list of reasons why I'll shed no tears. His support for the IRA was despicable, and his rallying of Irish-Americans to support the murdering bastards probably resulted in tons of money being sent to Ireland so the IRA could blow up shopping malls full of women and children, or execute people who opposed them.

My husband, who is British, also hated the man, and was quite pleased to see him gone.

And I have yet to see any "good" that the whole Kennedy clan has done for the country. Good for who? And what?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

There will be hundreds of female restaurant waitresses in DC thankful for this mans demise!

Tipping has nothing to do with it. Groping, swearing, using his position to intimidate the working lady. Threatening them with job loss. Too damned drunk to get out of his seat and has to be dragged out by his body guards and poured into his limo swearing at the top of his lungs with threats to the owners and managers for asking him to leave! I have witnessed this personally. So have hundreds of others in the DC area.
Zindo

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I dislike the Bushes and especially junior and I disagree with just about every one of their policy stances and politics...

STILL if old man Bush or junior died I would laud the fact that they chose to serve their country even if I disagreed with them.

But you hate spewers cannot even see your way to even a modicum of compassion can you?

No need to answer...I have read your comments and you people should be ashamed of yourselves.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

You know, I've been reading this thread, and others, and doing a lot of head shaking...

What's wrong with having a bit of respect for the loss this family has just suffered? Not just Ted Kennedy, but recently they lost Eunice Shriver as well... They've taken a couple of body blows in the past month, why not just back off for a bit?

There's time enough to point out the flaws in the man later.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

It's highly unlikely that the elite Kennedy family is patrolling ATS to see what people are saying about their lost relatives. I think they'll be alright. Nobody's showing up at the funeral and shouting insults here. In the meantime, when bad people make the news - even for dying - it's perfectly natural for people to discuss their bad deeds.

When Saddam Hussein was hung and people were discussing his horrible deeds, where were the people asking for respect for his family? Nowhere? And why's that?

Because this isn't the funeral home, it's a discussion board.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
...cast the first stone & what not.

his mistakes in life are his. who are we to judge a man?
yin & yang
remember ADA...

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I am not defedning the accident. But until your in a position where you think you have killed someone, you have no idea how you will react. People do crazy things out of fear and guilt.

I had a friend who accidently killed his girlfriend. Was stupid and thought a gun was unlaoded, not knowing when you take out a clip it leaves a bullet behind. for fun pointed it his girlfriends head and fired. Killed her. He ran, threw the gun in a garbage can, and tried to hide till the police got him.

hearing that story can be attributed several ways. That he was a bad guy, that he just screwed up. Witnesses were there, 4 in fact, and testified it was an accident. So his behavior? sheer terror. YOur in shock, you don't know what your doing.

Anyone who has suffered grief of a close relative knows how it feels. Like your not there, suddenly your in a dream. It is the body's way of coping.

this friend was the nicest guy you could ever meet. Wouldn't hurt a fly. I am sure this will haunt him every second of his life.

Kennedy had head trauma, and alcohol. Who knows what he was gonna do.
In these situations you call people you trust most. since you don't usually call the police out of habit, it is not going to be first in your mind.

Do I think he got his family to pull strings? Sure. But I think most people would. But I don't think he intentionally did what he did.

What really clues me in is that he swam across that water to the hotel. Most people, in their right minds, swim across a channel, in the middle of the night. If ever at all. Unless your an olympian.

Why didn't he get a boat? I am sure they were plenty.

That to me seems like someone who just wasn't working properly.I don't know enough about him at that era. Maybe he was very fit. But I do not get that impression.

as for acting "normal" well. Again with the grief thing. I went to the store, I talked to people. but no one could tell that I was just a shell. My mind wasn't there. I was in a horrible horrible nightmare I couldn't get out of. It is a feeling you never forget.

As for the houses with lights on. That is only witness testament. Thre is no way to gaurentee those lights were on. Again, in a terror shock, you might not even see them.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
What's the difference between Teddy Kennedy and Gaddaffi? Gaddaffi realised that supporting terrorism against the British was not a good idea.

Good riddance to an evil supporter of mass murder.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Since a picture is worth a thousand words......

Two true Americans, back together again.

From some of the comments expressed on this thread, I don't know which is more dangerous, puberty or senility.

May Ted Kennedy forever rest in peace. He was a patriot and champion to many.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   

From some of the comments expressed on this thread, I don't know which is more dangerous, puberty or senility.

The most dangerous thing is that it appears that they both went to the same barber. You know, the guy that did the hair for Bob's Big Boy resturant.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
iowahawk.typepad.com...

You Stay Here While I Swim and Get Us Some Universal Health Care

Special Guest Commentary
by Senator Edward M. Kennedy (D-MA)

The statistics are sobering: the cost of American heath care is rising almost as fast as the cold, briny water bubbling up from our floorboards. So far we have already lost the 8-track player and several Vic Damone tapes, and if allowed to continue these trends threaten to engulf all of us within the Oldsmobile. We must quickly wake up and face the facts: inaction is no longer an option. That is why it is critical for the future of all the occupants that one of us swim off and get us some kind of free health care program. I nominate me.

Why me, you ask? As I explained to you back at the party, I am passionate about many things. Politics, sailing, the art of Leroy Niemann, Dewar's, my etchings. And let's not forget that sweet tight body of yours, which I must say looks stunning in the watery glow of the dashboard lights. But did I also mention my passion for universal heath care? Hey Baby, ol' Teddy Bear is all about that. As the Conscience of the Senate, I have led the fight to win comprehensive national medical benefits for you and other vulnerable Boiler Room Girls who have been denied coverage by their heartless employers. I fervently believe we're all on this boat together. Okay, Oldsmobile. Now, if you'll just let go of my arm, I'll make a break for it and continue the fight for your health care rights back at my lawyer's office.

Ow! Jesus! That hurt! Come on now, Baby. Let's all just calm down, take a shallow breath, and look at our heath care predicament rationally. We obviously can't both stay here in our current plan, and if we both opt out of our windows at the same time it will sink the entire system. Even if we both made it out, there will be difficult questions and bureaucratic forms and red tape. Like I also told you back at the party, my wife doesn't understand me. And she sure as hell won't understand this.

Obviously the answer is some sort of window rationing system where one of us waits here while the other one swims for a comprehensive solution for both of us. Did I mention I was on the Pi Eta swim team? We won 3rd place at the Harvard Greek intramurals in '53. Ow! Stop screaming you crazy b**ch, you're using up the oxygen. See? I'm only thinking about what's best for you.

Look, I know you have misgivings about some aspects of my plan, but the time for debate is over. As a passionate advocate for health care reform, I will have the details and alibis worked out by the time I get to the Sherriff's station. As soon as I call my lawyer and get a couple cups of coffee, I will demand they dispatch rescue vehicles back here, with CPR-certified divers. I will demand that you receive an extremely private room in the best anonymous hospital. I will... holy crap! Get your hand off that window switch!

Huh. How about that, looks like your side shorted out. Sadly, this is typical of Oldsmobile's shameful two-tier electric window standards, which is another one of my passions. As soon as this thing blows over, I am going to introduce legislation to mandate tough automotive buoyancy rules based on the European model. I don't care if it takes 40 years, every American will have access to free health care and Amphicars.

Okay, I can tell by the way you're thrashing it's obvious you're just not willing to listen to reason. So I'm just going to go now. I'm just weighing you down, and you deserve an air pocket you can call your own. But first, can you slide over a little bit? There's a bottle of Dewar's in the glove box and I've got a long walk ahead of me.

Comedy Gold.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

LOL star for you.

second line.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Tipping has nothing to do with it. Groping, swearing, using his position to intimidate the working lady. Threatening them with job loss. Too damned drunk to get out of his seat and has to be dragged out by his body guards and poured into his limo swearing at the top of his lungs with threats to the owners and managers for asking him to leave! I have witnessed this personally. So have hundreds of others in the DC area.
Zindo

From Rush Limbaugh today....

"If all you do is use the government to take money away from people who work and give it to people who don't, you are compassionate! You are caring, and you are virtuous, and you can go into La Brasserie in Washington with your buddy Chris Dodd and start having waitress sandwiches."

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Zindo

Good riddance to the drunken old fool. Too bad it didn't happen 30 years ago.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I will never get those who enjoy spitting their venom on other's grave spouting "good riddance" as if they can't just drop dead themselves tomorrow. Does that make you feel more prevalent in the law of the jungle?
I understand that politicians are less and less admired now days but a few are still great loss for the good they tried to do or think they're trying to do, just like regular good people who are just as few.

[edit on 28-8-2009 by Exv8densez]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
It is indeed sad that Senator Kennedy had to suffer so much,thankfully he is now at peace.The Nation has lost a dedicated public servant and the common man has lost a advocate,something their seems to be too few of these days.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Yes, thank you for bringing that up. Terrorist sympathizer and supporter, to add to a list of reasons why I'll shed no tears. His support for the IRA was despicable, and his rallying of Irish-Americans to support the murdering bastards probably resulted in tons of money being sent to Ireland so the IRA could blow up shopping malls full of women and children, or execute people who opposed them.

My husband, who is British, also hated the man, and was quite pleased to see him gone.

And I have yet to see any "good" that the whole Kennedy clan has done for the country. Good for who? And what?

Terrorist supporter of the IRA and their money-for-arms making machine for many many years. Yet you won't see your fellow Americans typing about this on here, so thank you for being informed and knowing the truth about this dead 'human' and his past.

Many people on this tread talking about how we should all not talk of the dead like this, well let me tell you all something, the money he helped aid the IRA within Northern Ireland went on to kill 100's of people and the time and welcoming he gave to this group of child killers, makes him nothing but scum. Remember too that the money was paid to groups within the Middle East for these arms, groups that are now destroying American lives all over that region.

But sure what the hell, I'm sure you're right, we should stop talking about Hitler in the same way, after all the mans dead - lovable rogue really?

It's as well most of you Teddy supporters cannot point to Northern Ireland on a world map, for that might make it all a bit real for your tiny minds.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Many in Ireland, the vast majority, never supported the terrorist campaign by the IRA. My parents had to flee Northern Ireland because of the IRA, ATS is well aware a family of mine was executed by the IRA too.

It was not, sadly, till 9/11 and the aftermath that Americans knew what the Provisional IRA was and did. Ironically, more coincidence, Ted Kennedy started to condemn the violence. Whether you like it or not, President Bush demanded Sinn Fein became politicians after 9/11 then force the IRA to cease the armed campaign. Ted Kennedy was silent throughout.

His utter cheek, during a conference with Prime Minister Brown, to praise the United Kingdom was facetious and insulting. After years advocating the dismantlement of the United Kingdom, he than rallied behind our social programs? (which are significant in Northern Ireland)

Will I experience a forlorn moment and reminisce about his life? No. I'd be misleading and presenting false feelings if I suggested I was sadden by his death.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
FYI: A short history lesson symbolizing respect.

Senator Ted Kennedy will be laid to rest at Arlington National Cemetery with full military honors due him as an Army veteran and befitting him as US Senator and American Patriot.

For those unfamiliar with such a ceremony it includes a full military color guard, a bugle rendition of TAPS, a 21 gun salute and his family will be presented with a tri-folded American flag from his coffin. Each and every one of these elements symbolizes a deep tradition and significance.

In addition to the flag, the widow will receive 3 spent shell casings from the 21 gun salute. This represents the universal signal that dates back to the civil war. At the end of each day’s bloody battle both sides would engage in a cease fire initiated by one side firing 3 shots in the air which was answered by the same from opposing army.

After that, each side would gather up their fallen comrades so that they could receive a fitting, honorable and proper burial and as a show of respect and dignity for one another.

It is obvious from reading some of the comments within this thread that some people have devolved in the last 200 years.

By any measure of a man, Mr. Kennedy was not perfect. But he shunned the priviledged path afforded him and devoted his life to the betterment of others.

Respects.

Without Wax. . . Kinda Kurious

[edit on 28-8-2009 by kinda kurious]

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join