It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Ted Kennedy has died of Brain cancer at age 77

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Now that things have started to "cool down..."

I usually don't get involved in politics. That's for the less-experienced souls to argue about.

Just planting a seed here, I find it interesting that this summer has held the passing of some key figures in American culture, sub-culture, and politics. As if the world were preparing for something
NIBIRU 2012 ASHTAR COMMAND'S GALACTIC FEDERATION OF LIGHT MUST BE ON THE WAY!

Just sayin'.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

It's typed without a source and without external tags. Maybe ATS has relaxed their rules on this since I was here last, but it LOOKS like he was trying to pass it off as his own thoughts.

Posting Work Written by Others **ALL MEMBERS READ**

It's no big deal, I just have a thing for people "cheating".

It actually *is* a big deal. Posting someone else's work without crediting them is plagiarism. ATS frowns heavily on that.

Doing so in the 'real world' would get you in some big trouble.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

do we all know that Joseph Kennedy was a Nazi-Supporter?

Yes, It was very well known at the time...I believe that's why he lost his job as Ambassador to England.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

I mispoke before, and i hope Jsobecky can forgive me, we go way back and we are friends... No, Jsobecky did not intend to make this a lets bash dead Ted thread, it just always gravitates this way.
I can vouch that Jsobecky is a nice man and with good character.

Sorry, Jso, i got cought in the moment before, but i know you are a good man and did not intend to make this a trashy thread. I hope you can forgive me.

xoxo

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I will honor this man....I will buy a bottle of the very best Tulemore Dew and sprinkle his grave with it in reverence..However.....I will take the time to filter it through my kidneys first! God rest ya' you murderous SOB!!! You helped put this country in the position it's in today. Good luck explaining that to your maker!

Zindo

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
....I will buy a bottle of the very best Tulemore Dew......

I'd love to see a Tangueray sticker on the casket.

2nd

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
The man's soul is in gods hand now, and so I'll let god judge him and his deeds good or bad.

I believe Mary Jo Kopechne likely saved his life. The same people responsible for the death of his brothers would surely have followed up with ted had he run for president. But knowing that would never happen due to the incident of the car accident they allowed him his place(perhaps there is more to this story than we know... a threat, a set-up? who knows)

I think there was and is some force against the Kennedy's, some power group or PTB that had some serious issues with this family and did all they could to keep them down.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Originally posted by dgtempe
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

I mispoke before, and i hope Jsobecky can forgive me, we go way back and we are friends... No, Jsobecky did not intend to make this a lets bash dead Ted thread, it just always gravitates this way.
I can vouch that Jsobecky is a nice man and with good character.

Sorry, Jso, i got cought in the moment before, but i know you are a good man and did not intend to make this a trashy thread. I hope you can forgive me.

xoxo

Not to worry, DG. I had brought up the 'Hypocrisy' thread only because it has to deal with his succesor. That is one of the hottest political topics in Mass. this week, and we can discuss it without smearing Kennedy.

You know me. You know that I don't smear the recent dead, whether it be Michael Jackson or Teddy Kennedy. And I remember from the Tony Snow thread that you were the classy lady that I've always known you to be.

You cannot control others, who take the instance of someone's death to hate. That is their right, and answering them only tends to frustrate you.

Be well, mi amor.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by PowerSlave

The same people responsible for the death of his brothers would surely have followed up with ted had he run for president. But knowing that would never happen due to the incident of the car accident they allowed him his place(perhaps there is more to this story than we know... a threat, a set-up? who knows)

But he *did* run for president. Against the incumbent Jimmy Carter in 1979/80. He dropped out after public sentiment for Carter because of the Iranian hostage situation.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Blueangel7

This is the most outrageous statement I have ever heard another human being make. Shame, shame, on you.

You are one of those people who "don't know enough to know how much they don't know".

Very sad. Think over your hatred and ignorance and try to seek the truth and hope to God you have the intelligence to know it when you see it.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Please stop coming on as some kind of "an authority" on Senator Kennedy, and presuming to know what his motivations were.
do you have any idea how rediculous you sound?

Somebody has already made a thread on Chappaquidick, and I'm sure there is plenty of bashing there. Why not take your little hate party over there, and let someone else start a thread in honor of this noble Senator's life.

This thread needs to be retitled to reflect the vile atmosphere that it is, to keep people like myself from clicking on it.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
Why not take your little hate party over there, and let someone else start a thread in honor of this noble Senator's life.

Noble life? You're joking, right? He has been sucking on the government tit for 40+ years. When you think "Corrupt Congressmen", you automatically think of Teddy.

Well, maybe not corrupt. How about "Drunken Elitist"?

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
This thread needs to be retitled to reflect the vile atmosphere that it is, to keep people like myself from clicking on it.

Then don't click on this.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chillidog1
You don't know a thing about this person. You don't know if he spent his life agonizing over that car accident.

All I need to know is that Ted lounged with his friends the morning after the wreck, laughing and joking and drinking again as though nothing had happened the night before, and this was hours before the police were finally called.

Teddy knew there was a car containing the dead body of Mary Jo Kopechne at the bottom of Poucha Pond — yet he lounged with his friends, laughing and joking, never calling the police for hours, but making several phone calls to establish his cover story.

All of this is a matter of record, believe it or not. If there was ever an opportunity for me to meet Ted Kennedy in person and shake his hand, the events at Chappaquiddick changed my mind about "the man" forever. I was alive when it happened, I was shocked when it happened — shocked at Kennedy's sociopathic behavior — and I can tell you that he's never done anything since to make up for it.

Oh, Teddy did continue drinking and driving and molesting women, however, so I guess Chappaquiddick really made a hell of an impression on him. Yeah, he was really in agony.

So don't give me that righteous garbage about "the man" behind his public persona. I know exactly what lurked behind his public persona, and it wasn't pretty.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I was kind of avoiding this thread...you know if you don't have anything good to say......

So I'll let Rush Limbaugh say it for me....I can see the eyes rolling now!

"Senator Kennedy is a perfect example of the redeeming aspect of liberalism. If a politician is liberal, and if the politician uses the government to take money from people who work to give it to people who don't work, then they are redeemed for every bad act they commit on earth."

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

But he didn't intend to kill her. That's not the legal definition of murder. It doesn't matter if it's Ted or anybody else.

He knew what he was doing was wrong, but he didn't put the young woman in the car to kill her.

That would be saying, Doc, that every person who is drunk or is texting, and they get into a car crash, they're committing murder because they knew it was wrong.

I know you don't like the guy, and that's fine if you don't, but don't put blame on him where it isn't.

He's wrong for leaving her and not telling the police until later on, but don't lie and say, "He murdered her!"

He didn't.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

Funny to see Rush sticking his head up and saying something like that. Can't wait for Ann Coulter to write her piece on him.

Senator Kennedy, despite his flaws and mistakes, had a great impact on the senate and the country.

As for his fate beyond, I'll leave that in the hands of the Almighty.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity

All I need to know is that Ted lounged with his friends the morning after the wreck, laughing and joking and drinking again as though nothing had happened

I've heard many stories about Chappaquiddick, but I've never heard that he was laughing and joking and drinking. Can you provide a link to a story from an eyewitness to back up this claim? I will always look at both sides of a story. I'm also an Idependent so I'm not blinded by any party loyalty. I still find it in very poor taste the amount of people that have nothing to share with the incredible minds at ATS, except feces. This used to be a place of rational debate and stimulating exchange of ideas. Since the Republicans loss, there has been an increase of rhetoric, hatred and hysteria. And the posts are becoming increasingly aggressive and beligerent and starting to lack any kind of alert, objective thought. It's just sad that grown adults feel the need to say such things about a person the day he dies, knowing that his loved ones might see it and just not caring. The party that is outraged by Death Panels out in force celebrating US Senator Ted Kennedy dying.
With their willful ignorance and blind party loyalty, the Republican Party continues to show the world why they should change their mascot from an Elephant to an Ostrich.
"All have sinned and come short of the glory of God"

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mak Manto
But he didn't intend to kill her. That's not the legal definition of murder... He's wrong for leaving her and not telling the police until later on, but don't lie and say, "He murdered her!"

I haven't "lied" about anything.

If someone dies as a direct result of your wrongful actions, you can be charged with wrongful death or manslaughter or homicide or even capital murder, depending on the severity of the circumstances. If you accidentally leave a child in a car on a hot day while you go shopping, and that child dies from heat stroke, yes, you can be charged with murder. Your intent doesn't enter into it.

Just so, if you leave any person to die in your car at the bottom of a pond, and you spend the next 10 hours making phone calls to cover your ass before you call the police, then yes, you can and should be charged with murder.

C'mon, be honest yourself... If some young guy took your daughter out on a date, got her drunk and molested her, and she ended up in the same sordid circumstances and met the same fate as Mary Jo Kopechne, and the young guy in question conducted himself in the same manner as Senator Teddy Kennedy, leaving her trapped in a car while he made phone calls to cover his ass, then YOU would be screaming murder like it was nobody's business.

And if you say you wouldn't react that way, you'd better take a look in the mirror and ask who's really lying.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chillidog1
I've heard many stories about Chappaquiddick, but I've never heard that he was laughing and joking and drinking. Can you provide a link to a story from an eyewitness to back up this claim?

No, I can't. My account is based on my memory of the incident and the subsequent controversy surrounding it in 1969. When I looked for modern documentation, I did not find any to support the laughing and joking and drinking story, but I did find references to Teddy returning to his hotel after the wreck, complaining to the front desk about a noisy party keeping him awake, and six hours later he was relaxed and conversing casually about sailboating. Ted subsequently had some heated words with his friends, who were trying to convince him to call the police. Nonetheless, the police were not summoned for several more hours, although Teddy continued making phone calls for advice.

It's still not the behavior of an innocent man.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I don't think some of you guys have done enough in this thread to attack a dead man, I think you need to get over there quickly so you can urinate on his grave in real life too.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join