It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very unusual holes/openings/entrances found in Antartica

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
They are most likely just melt pools. Follow 35 miles to the NE and there is a Wiki Point about the Bunger Hills area.

Bunger Hills or Bunger Lakes or Bunger Oasis is a coastal range in Antarctica, consisting of a group of moderately low, rounded coastal hills, overlain by morainic drift and notably ice free throughout the year, lying south of the Highjump Archipelago.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Here is the layout, I think.
I'm not too savvy with the new media layout.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Good work!

For the person who suggested crevasses, ROTFLMAO!

I lived in Alaska and glaciers were a part of my playground. Thank the individual for the Blue Ice photos.

Antarctica is definitely volcanic, so volcanic that Lake Vostock has a huge cavernous bubble with a two mile thick dome of ice over it. The water temperatures are between 53 and 68 degrees. The ice shelfs are melting so rapidly because of the volcanic heat underneath them.

A Los Angeles city sized gravitic anomaly has been located on the shore of Lake Vostock. These are all facts available if one does enough research.

Thank the fellow for the Supermans Hide Out joke, good one!

Want interesting reading, look up New Schwabenland. There are plenty of historical references to interesting places in Antacrtica. You learn a LOT more when you spend time at Mc Murdo.

Yes the tubes are vents, Natural? Possibly but that volcanic bubble of such a great size is not readily explainable as natural. Volcanic tubes? Possibly but what are the average sizes of volcanic tubes? Not calderas.

Nice work on the collapsed tube picture. What I noted in the photos were the rock formations. Comparatively fresh when considering the lack of erosion on the edges. Compare the Rockies to the Appalacians.

The geological morphology indicates these surfaces are relatively young as compared to older mountainous regions. Perhaps indicating a creation date of around 13,000 t0 15,000 years in age. Which would place the geology in about the same time that the earth changes destroyed Atlantis.

There was also a crustal shift at about the same period.

When you step back and look at the big picture taking archaeological evidence as well as written manuscripts it is very possible that the earth changes could have dealt a severe blow to that region.

Recent volcanic venting? Most likely to explain the melted ice and obvious water erosion from the one hole. One does not need to see signs of lava to have had a heated water blow. Yosemite does it all the time.

However the apparent lava like dome over the one hole at such a great size, with a curled lip on the open edge does give reason to wonder how such a large bubble would not have broken. Comparatively speaking to other volcanic tubes in size. Noting the edge morphology of the bubble it appears very recent and one government does have tunnel boring machines that utilize atomic fusion to melt their way through the crust up to seven miles a day. Leaving a nice shiny glass like surfaces on the interior walls of the tunnels. They require no supporting structures as the vitreous material maintains extreme strength.

This world has so many amazing features that remain unsolved. A short tour of ATS will provide many interesting facts that relate to miraculous tunnels found nearly everywhere while construction is being performed.

Pennsylvania, Texas, Colorado, New Mexico, Australia. Quite interesting.

I wonder where lizard man will pop up next?

Chewbit Wing
Namaste!

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
The first two look pretty man made, the other two could just be caused by weather. certainly suspicious

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mahtoosacks

I first heard about the Gray base on Unsolved Mysteries.
If you go to Google Earth, you can see how it probably works.
The actual base is probably in that small mountain to the south of
Laguna Cartehanga.
The Laguna is just one of the hatches out.
The main hatch is out in the ocean.
One tourist on his sailboat saw a spacecraft climb out of the ocean
nearby the coast. He took a picture of it. It was clearly a Gray
Top Hat Scout class spacecraft.
Farmers have seen them come out of the lagoon rarely.
They probably use it just to clear the hatch and make sure it works.
A completely different race had an underground base near Dulce,
New Mexico. They were the one responsible for the cattle mutilations
during the 70's and 80's.
Have you noticed there have been no more cattle mutilated?
We kick them out.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
OK, be patient. I'm going to try again.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I find it very hard to believe they would allow secret bases to remain on Google Earth. If there were bases there they would be shopped out, don't ya think?

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus

To illustrate my point, take a look at the following annotated images highlighting what I consider to be unique peculiarities.

Star for that.

Wow nice, those images you posted really made the whole thing pop in my mind visually... now I can see it a whole lot better, and I guess it isnt so bunker like after all, definitely odd still all the same.

The original images sort of confused me with the angles, heh giant almond shaped sheer sided ice holes in rocky terrain... still something to wonder about, even if its not quite as exotic as bunker entrances

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
To me that opening looks like a photoshop, and the other ones do also. What needs to be done is that the person posting needs to post just like the right picture of the tunnel the left view without the tunnel at the same magnification. This way we an compare certain points to see if it was photoshopped (like I believe) or an opening that is opening and closing at by command. There has been alot of cryptic discussions about Antartica and the bases on the continent. George Noory was interviewing I think Steve Quale (could have been someone else) about comments made to a relief of scientists going to the bases down their. They where told to bring "salt", make sure they have salt. Many believe that they where talking in code and such. You do realize that Antartica had plant life and animal life, and was a warm continent back long ago. Wouldn't it be funny that there is a program going on where they are digging up artifacts from the continent.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Doesn't look like 'natural' geothermal outlet structures to me.

Looks like man-made 'air inlet / oulet' structures of an underground base to me.

To compare:

Natural formations in Cappadocia (Turkye)?
www.destination360.com...

2.bp.blogspot.com...

Underground city of Derinkuyu
artemodus.de...

www.tiquer.com...

www.spiritsofadventure.com...

Compare! Then Think again

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I did a YT video about this last yr. you can read some of the comments there. Some are good, others are pretty juvenile.

My contention is that they are natural but I've yet to find a good explanation for the "cover".

Sorry for the vid quality, I made it before I learned the right format to use.

In case the embedding doesn't work: YT Video Link

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
That's just Yogi and Boo Boo's den, Mr Ranger.

Full of pic-a-nic baskets.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Flag and Star!

I think this thread demonstrates how difficult is to hide something in this day and age even in remote Antarctica!
Yes the dimensions could be right for an underground runway (yes even in the Antarctic weather it can operate safely for at least 3 months).
Also its resemblance with rock or lava or an ice sheet doesn't mean it couldn't be artificial designed to look like a work of nature.

IMO For the good stuff to be found one probably has to look for them to be hidden in plain sight! Safest hiding place is under our own noses!

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by hoghead cheese

It are images straight from Google Earth so no need to verify if they've been shopped

OT: Pretty fascinating, maybe geologists know the answer?

[edit on 26-8-2009 by AphexTwins]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
The Australian Antarctic Division run a base in the Bunger Hills area. it has been there since 1986 (Summer only). They use the Apple and Melon type huts.

Not the best place to put a secret entrance as there are plenty of scientists every year in the area.

EDGEWORTH DAVID BASE (Bunger Hills)

Location - 66°15'S, 100°36'E

Photo shows Bunger Hills Area.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5b6a41cb5cc2.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

Yeah, like you i think they could quite possibly be natural ice and rock formations...just as much as they could be artificial in origin too.

You're right though the second hole with the lid/helmet looking object is really odd and really does look artificial, as well as very different to it's surroundings.

Thanks for posting.

Do these co-ords come up in any other higher res images i wonder..

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AphexTwins
reply to post by hoghead cheese

It are images straight from Google Earth so no need to verify if they've been shopped

OT: Pretty fascinating, maybe geologists know the answer?

[edit on 26-8-2009 by AphexTwins]

Hope this will bore the crap out of you. For $30.00 you can dowload the whole story about this area. The document is 135 pages.

Former glacial lakes of the Bunger Hills, Antarctica

The Bunger Hills in East Antarctica occupy a land area of approximately 400 km2. They have been exposed by Holocene retreat of the Antarctic ice sheet and its outlet glaciers. The accompanying sea level rise flooded the marine inlets that now separate the northern islands and peninsulas from the major part of the hills. During deglaciation the continental ice sheet margin retreated south-eastwards with several temporary halts, during which ice-dammed lakes were formed in some valleys. These lakes were maintained long enough to permit formation of beaches of sand and gravel, and for the erosion of shore platforms and low cliffs in bedrock. Around the western end of Fish Tail Bay impressive shoreline features 20 m above sea level define a former ice-dammed lake that was 5.5 km long. A similar 7 km long former ice-dammed lake was formed at Lake Dolgoe. The more extensive and deeper glacial lake is revealed by well-developed and preserved shoreline features cut at 29 m which is 16 m above present lake level. In addition, several small ice-dammed lakes existed temporarily near Lake Shchel and in the valley to the west. Lake Fish Tail existed more than 6,900 14C years ago and Lake Shchel probably more than 6,680 14C years ago. It is inferred that the shore platforms and beaches were formed by lake ice and wave action over considerable periods when the lakes were impounded by steep cold ice margins. There appears to have been a balance between meltwater input and evaporative loss from the lakes in the cold dry continental climate. There is no evidence for rapid lake level fluctuations, and there was very little input of clastic sediment. This resulted in poor development of deltaic and rhythmically laminated lake floor deposits. It is suggested that such deposits are more characteristic of ice-dammed lakes formed in association with wet-based temperate ice than those associated with dry-based polar ice.

In 1991 - 1992 Summer season the Americans and Russians had a joint expedition there in relation to Mars research program.

[edit on 26-8-2009 by greenfruit]

[edit on 26-8-2009 by greenfruit]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

this is a very kool find. google maps have very clear images of this. and right next to it "we have no images available here" lol.. so someone else may also have been interested in this........

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Great post!

if those photos are genuine, there is something going on in Antarctica...

Logistically, a perfect place for secrets,

thank you for the picts!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join