It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very unusual holes/openings/entrances found in Antartica

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

I think Bigfoot lives in there!!!
The snowbound version is the Yeti!
Run for your lives!
They are 9 foot tall.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
are these possible entrances to hollow earth?

probably not, but they look like an entrance to some kind of underground base or something.

i know whalers often did crazy stuff down there in the name of profit, but not sure what these would be used for.

also if its military, i would expect to see some kind of structures on the outside. besides its antartica, whos going to just drop by? you dont need to hide anything.

the tracks going into the one looks good.

i usually call hoax on photos, but this looks legit.

good work on an odd find.

Who here is down for a trip there? i like caves

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by likeabull
why doesn't somebody go there and check it out! A simple flyover would be a good starting point. Anyone up for it?

I am willing to parachute down there but I'm taking 2 Glock 9mm pistols
and a shotgun. Bring plenty of ammo and beef jerky.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mahtoosacks

This reminds me of that movie. - Alien vs Predator -
They all died.
There are underground alien bases all over the Earth.
I know the Grays have one on the southwest end of Puerto Rico.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

I'm lost for an explanation as to how an ice sheet can melt in such a manner that it melts STRAIGHT DOWN leaving an ice wall behind ... and a wall with such sharply defined edges.

As OmegaLogos pointed out, this is a pretty flat area. I don't think that is a vertical dropoff. Using horizon tilt gives quite a different perspective.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/863363bdda0b.png[/atsimg]
To me it looks even more like a pond.

[edit on 8/26/2009 by Phage]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I'm not sure if you found just a few incidents of exposed caves, or this is exposed holes created by melting.

If it is melting, there is a term for the "mysterious holes" you are mentioning here;
They are called "moulins."

As water in a glacier melts -- even when freezing, it cavitates holes or channels in the ice. With enough melting -- the whole block of ice doesn't need to melt to break off. These channels thread through whole mountains, and create small rivers under the ice. Ice itself, can get strangely liquid and flow under pressure, and the rivulets don't help.

>> It is what is suspected of creating the break off of a glacier the size of Manhattan LINK

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

[Structures located on large cliffs with possibly huge cavern system: Maps Google Earth 1 Other structures nearby: Maps Google Earth 2
Magador: Hi, Take the co-ords from Google maps and paste them into Google earths fly to section... for instance -71° 40' 40.08", -2° 47' 48.62" then you will get quasi seamless zoom, GE does switch between sat and aerial imagery you can detect this by looking bottom centre of the GE main screen. In this instance it will go from U.S Geological to 2009 Digital globe. In the example i quote from your post you will find that that is the SANAE base in the Antarctic, very well spotted. Don’t have time now to go through the rest but check lima.usgs.gov for base camp names.
BR

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

You flattened that picture out with perspective -- You should notice the nice, curved shadowing of the top lip of your "lake." Only a lake at the bottom of a hole would have such a shadow.

I think your perspective change makes it clearer that this is an actual hole and not a lake.

>> And if you see my post above -- glaciers very much do have holes appear from nowhere and go straight down in the ice. It's something people walking on such formations have to watch out for -- especially when temperatures get warmer.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
good find i remember reading somewhere that a lot of the reptilian hidden tunnels are in antartica maybe thats a few

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

I didn't flatten anything out. I used the horizon tilt feature of Google Earth.
If you look at the whole picture I posted ( right click>view image), you'll see that the source of the shadow is a low curved hill (snow drift)? To the right of the pond.

This is not a glacier. Glaciers do not occur in the middle of a rocky area (well, I guess a very small one could). The holes in glaciers which are created by water, do not extend into the rock beneath the glacier. This entire area is on a gentle slope.

Please view the location in Google Earth, you'll get a much better idea of what you are looking at.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
ATS we should all know those entrances are not natural.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by agentofchaos
In my opinion, you give 2 examples of artificial formations and 2 examples of natural formations. Notice, that the natural formations are the least questionable of all, but when it comes to the artificial it has the feeling of someone trying to hide something; like it really shouldn't be there at all. Again, like everyone else I only offer speculation, however if I ever find myself in Antartica I'll be sure to have looked those coordinates up and take a look see myself lol. Good find though man.

see, to me, real camo for most things wouldn't be to hide it, but to make it look so fake that you could submit any number of pictures as proof and they all would look so fake, everyone, even my grandmother would yell 'photoshopped!'

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Pixanomaly:

Thanks for the information, sounds interesting. I looked briefly through their website and notice they have had those bases there for the last 50 years, and funny enough it was originally a norwegian base and I happen to come from Norway though now I live in Argentina and close to Antarctica. Moved from the North Pole to the South Pole basically

At least this base has been identified and verified then. So then the question will be, are they really doing what they say they are doing according to their website, or is there something more going on there for those last 50 years?

Oh and here is their official website for anyone interested: www.sanap.org.za...

Blessings,
Maggador

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by mahtoosacks

This reminds me of that movie. - Alien vs Predator -
They all died.
There are underground alien bases all over the Earth.
I know the Grays have one on the southwest end of Puerto Rico.

wow.... really?

you know that there is a ufo base in puerto rico?

why didnt everyone else?

where is it exactly. southwest is a little vague. can we go there and say hi?

did remind me of the alien vs predator too, and i almost said that, but their entrance was a perfect cylinder cut miles deep. so its not really the same thing.

before you get mad at me, im not hating on you, but you did say you KNOW there is an alien base in puerto rico.....

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
dont forget about the news in 1997 "Structure with heat source found below antartica" with this find we found the tropical rain forest deep below the ice....im sure youve all seen/heard AVP ...trickle feeds.......

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
theres also a base in brazil for man made "bell-shaped" ufos established under the rein of hitler....now in the control of the US after the war....

[edit on 26-8-2009 by LosTNForGotteNWayS]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

That's what I'm leaning toward. If it were a cave it would make more sense to me as caves keep the same temperature year round and are warmer under the surface. Naturally if it is a cave the temperature from underground could have melted the entrance if it is warm enough. That is the only thing I think it could be since this continent is not volcanic and is geologically stable.

Edit: I know I'm grasping at straws but I call cave or side with phage.

[edit on 26-8-2009 by N3krostatic]

[edit on 26-8-2009 by N3krostatic]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
You also have to take into consideration that a lot of gold hunters dug a lot of mines in Alaska, some them went way out into the wilderness to find the mother load.

However the lack of debris makes me wonder, there could be a lot of explanations for these openings, some have mentioned volcanic steam vents, a route for water coming from the melt higher up the Mountains, there are tubes near Flagstaff long tubes caused by ancient lava flows caused by MT Humphrey's which last erupted about 900 years ago if my memory serves me right.

There are tubes all over the AZ desert up on the high plains some of them have what seems to be steam coming out of them, which you can only see if you see them early on a winters day, just hotter air coming from the miles and miles of fault cracks all over the area, I cant really see Alaska being much different being a highly active Geological and seismic area.

That is not to say that they cant be modern or the signs of something more sinister underground in that area, you could check for seismic activity on the USGS website, the locations can be listed to within meters, so if blasting was involved there would be unimportant readings listed somewhere, unimportant to some anyhow.

Without knowing the right angle of the entrances it's hard to judge anything really, but myself personally, and as a Geologist, I find them very interesting, but there could be many reasonable explanations.

And the dirt trail does look like water has been flowing there more than a walking trail, there isn't enough disturbance IMO for it to be Human activity, not on the slope anyhow, Humans are clumsy in any environment, also there is no litter lol, a sure sign of human activity.

My guess is a water cutting from melt water.

Just an opinion. S&F I wanna know too.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Wiki:

Most glacier caves are started by water running through or under the glacier. This water often originates on the glacier’s surface through melting, entering the ice at a moulin and exiting at the glacier’s snout at base level. Heat transfer from the water can cause sufficient melting to create an air-filled cavity, sometimes aided by solifluction. Air movement can then assist enlargement through melting in summer and sublimation in winter.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
At first glance it does look like a tunnel, cavern opening, etc. But on closer examination I have to agree with Phage.

After looking from every aspect in google earth it merely looks like water in a depression in the earth. The track you see is more than likely what the melting ice carved towards the small depression.

It is too flat of an area I believe. Of course I'm just saying this as my opinion. I am no expert on this subject.

Other examples near this:

99°50'17.52"E 66°33'22.19"S

99°49'44.08"E 66°33'58.63"S

100°50'0.22"E 66°19'27.85"S

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join