It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very unusual holes/openings/entrances found in Antartica

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
think, they look like lava tubes...

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

Veeeery interesting post. Strangely enough, there are a lot of guys saying that if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, swims like a duck, it's a piece of ice. The fact that these openings are arranged on a straight line is highly telling. Have you taken the time to check the "rock formations" above the number 1 opening? There is so much rectangularity there that the army software used to analyze geographical data for artificiality would come out above 80 % in favour of artificiality. Similar arrangements abound on Luna and Mars.

(Please, if you are too complacent to look at original pics don't block this thread with your "opinions" to keep decent people off track. Read the freight manifestoes for Antarctica! If it looks like a mountain, weighs as much as a mountain and feels like a mountain, Occam tells us what it is. No, not a halucination.)

Each and every one trying to put vehicles out into space sooner or later found out about the qualities of the Antarctic continent. Nobody sees the starts - electrogravitic drives make very little noise - and the continent is full of artifacts, ancient and new. I am sure there are lots of tunnels, old and new.

Plato states that Atlantis was in the midst of the one true ocean: take of globe and look at it with Antarctica in the center. It is surrounded by the water of all the oceans! This is another reason why everything dealing with that continent is under wraps. Technology is only for the elite, we unwashed masses must burn hydrocarbs and explode our way through life. And yes, those profiting the most have lots of shills, as we all can see.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Very interesting Pic's i must say..

To me it appears to be the entrance to "Neuschwabenland"
When i first saw the pic of the opening i emidiatly thought of the movie Alien Vs Predator
In the begining of the movie something from above bore's out a 2000ft deep hole in the ice that leads to a pyramid..

Watch the begining of the trailer

www.youtube.com...

Obviously the movies follow's a different plot than what we are talking about..
I know it sounds very far feteched but what if this is what the Nazi's found in Antartica that gave them the knowledge for spaceflight to the moon?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

or gave them knowledge on how to build the Vril Disc?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Maybe it's my mind going Crazy

[edit on 26-8-2009 by Ophiuchus13] for spelling

[edit on 26-8-2009 by Ophiuchus13]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   

I hate to say it but that looks like Sub Terranian Heat Ducts from natural sources. Its also an engineers nightmare so I think you might be clutching at straws here. I will however have a look at other posts about bases and what have you. It just looks like melt water and thermal vents to me, but that could be a clever disguise . I certainly would not like working in a place that has an opening made of loose ice that could collapse and trap me.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by awmilton

we have to think of the scale here.. on one of the images you sate 90 meters wide for the ice. and that was at the mouth, in reality, it's closer to 95-100 meters wide. Anyways, what I'm trying to get at is the "vehicle" tracks you are talking about are just under a quarter (1/4) the size of the ice in width. Which means they (whoever) have a vehicle around twenty meters wide... who has this technology?? and if so, who brought it there, because if the vehicle is 20 meters wide, then the vehicle carrying it would have to be bigger. I don't think it's possible.

I had to check my original post to make certain that I only referred to it as a "dirt track". I made no reference whatsoever to vehicles making use of it ... merely pointing out it's existance.

But even if we go along with your thought process ... and even if the track was approx 20 metres wide, it doesn't necessarily have to follow that a single vehicle was responsible ... could have been a single vehicle making multiple to and from trips and gradually causing the dirt track to widen ... or even multiple vehicles churning up the dirt.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
An excellent find OP, now this is what I came to ATS for, not the tripe that's been mostly prevalent on here lately. Now I'm just waiting for phage to come back with more of his godlike bullpoo ( damn this faulty keyboard, that was supposed to say wisdom
)

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Well alot of the answer people gave in this thread are good and plausible.

But the fact is it has tracks from a vehicle going to the cave ..in the middle of nowhere....
And i see his point there is no snow on the part where it is at..but snow all around it and to the side..

So i will mark this up to be some man made secret batcave lol

I wouldn't think military ..But i could be wrong.
could you tell if any camouflage was set up ?

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Seriously you think this is unusual?

Ever heard of something called a crevasse?

Hmmmm ... a crevasse, you say ? Possibly ....

First, a definition: "A crevasse is a crack in an ice sheet or glacier."
No mention of rocks or mountains.

Lets take a look at some representative crevasses, shall we ?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cb4e9c562065.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ed1525e7c961.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5a603605bd83.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e6733d5de615.jpg[/atsimg]

None of the above look anything like the images from Antarctica.

So to answer your question ... Yes, I DO think the Antarctica images are interesting !

Here's to your 13 stars for the post:

A CREVICE is crack in an ice sheet or glacier.

A CREVASSE is a DEEP crevice or FISSURE.

In other words, he was not mistaken in his question, yet you received a ton of credit while his question remained unimportant. Welcome to ATS.

Cheers,
Strype

[edit on 26-8-2009 by Strype]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I found this west of that hole...
I can't tell if its a hole of a cave ..
Maybe why the other is there too.
it's close to the waters edge...so idk.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2af1b492ad7d.jpg[/atsimg]

Edit..a hole very close looking to the op's hole with the tracks leading out.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e38ba5cbce2f.jpg[/atsimg]
it's natural made i bet money now..there all over the place.
[edit on 26-8-2009 by TheAmused]

[edit on 26-8-2009 by TheAmused]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

That one looks like a water 'spot' or pool to me, being so close to the water and all.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Ecidemon

i edited and posted a hole very close to what the op posted looking like.

i am sure it's natural made..

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Hey Kandinsky - that member was me.

I think I forgot to put my statement into context. The boundary, upon which Erebus etc sits on, a rift valley, isn't where these photo's are from IIRC? If I've got that point wrong, then everything I've said goes up the swanny.

Oh the details, the details.

The Para.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I am 100% sure that what we are seeing here are natural formations. The ice outflow and the clear eroded areas are clear evidence of natural processes. Just my opinion.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   

On the second image you posted, it's not a very striking feature. It could be a hole, but it could also be a 'wet spot' or something similar. The ones in the OP are without a doubt holes, of some variety.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
wow how'd they stay undiscovered for so long?

[edit on 26-8-2009 by Totalstranger]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

That looks like a standing pool of melting water to me. You can even see rocks under the surface.

The second cave is quite interesting. That looks like a formed top, not natural at all. Of course, it could be almost anything from an old storage area, to a home, or a mine. Who can say. That last picture of a "plane" just looks like snow to me, no need to reach... the caves are quite interesting on their own.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Strype

What are you talking about. He deserved credit for responding to that question. I wish I could have awarded 10 stars.

Seriously you think this is unusual?

Good work OP.

Now I will agree with Strype on how backwards ATS is becoming. If the topic isn't BHO/Health Care, 9/11 or H1N1/Lock-ups, then you don't get nearly as many stars or flags for creating or starting the thread. I bet ATS was great before it became so popular.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

got a source fo rthese pictures? I have my doubts as to their authenticity.

What i find amazing is how the direction of the 'mouth' changes slightly (optical illusion? benefit of doubt) but its very odd how the level of detail doesn't scale wit the whole picture.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I did say vehicles didn't I. My bad.

The trail or whatever is sunk in the middle, reminds me of erosion, and the way it meanders to match the slope, perfect example of water being acted on by gravity, it chooses the path of least resistance, ans carves it out.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I think the OP did a great job here. Thanks for the research and taking the time to share. I have read alot about WWII and the interest in Antarctica the Nazis had. If they made a base there of course they would disguise it as a lava tube or natural formation. I mean, I wouldn't expect them to have a castle on the hill or a large sign saying "4th Reich this way->" This is exactly how I would think it would be. Camouflaged as something natural. So if anyone saw it they would pay it no mind. Just like alot of you are doing. Holding your nose up high as you proclaim "It's just a natural formation."

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join