It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask A Schizophrenic Anything

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

Thank you.

Maybe I will, maybe I won't. For now, it isn't bothering me too bad. I've got enough to deal with without having to think about the well-being of a significant other.

Still, down the road, it would be nice.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by harvib

I'm sure it's possible, very possible. Many of the apparitions are exactly what you would expect if you were to visit the astral plane.

The only difference is that we are sometimes thrown into a world of wonder when we are not yet ready to see the Truth.

I'm balanced on both sides for now. I plan to stay balanced for now.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by faulconandsnowjob

Being classified as paranoid schizophrenic, I am unsure whether what I see is real or not.

When I "sleep" at night, and am thrown into my dream world, I can always tell. "People" are much faster-paced, as if they're preparing for something amazing/disastrous; like they too are figuring out the Truth.

It is weird, because I am one of the only calm people in my dream world.

To answer your question again, I am unsure whether what I see is real, or simply in my mind.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by CleverNameHere

First of all Thank you for your post it is indeed amaizing.

I would like to know if you are religious or what is your believe system?

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by michial

I love EVERY kind of music. Sometimes when I listen to music, I blast it into my ears as loud as it goes, and close my eyes, and dream of a place where I know what my next move is.

Without music, I'd be a child in check, trying to figure out a way to get myself away from possible checkmate.

I love the cold. I'm unsure what it is about it, but the cold seems to calm me. Around November/December, and through to February/March, I am the most stable.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
OP, i mean no offense, but the way things sound you are likely being oppressed by demons. you should go to a pentecostal pastor and talk to him about this. i am confident the evil voices will leave then if you turn to christ and command them away in jesus name.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by angrysniper

I will answer your questions both in U2U, and in here for the sake of others.

Yes. When I first felt the full-force of my current state of schizophrenia, I received "messages from God" and he told me that I was my cousin's "Guardian Angel."

I was shown "memories from my future that will be great tools for my future use," though none of it has come true.

I have always believed that human consciousness persists after our physical bodies wear off. I view the physical body as a chrysalis for our souls, and that one day, our True selves will shed our bodies, and we will be off on our next journey.

We all have missions to fulfill, whether it be of biblical proportions, or simply giving someone a happy memory that they will be able to keep with them always and use in hard times.

Everything you do has a purpose, in my beliefs.

While it is very interesting to be able to control many of your hallucinations and apparitions(though not completely), you must always remember that it is NOT real.

It is fine to imagine it is, to toy with the idea, but always remember that the real world still exists. If you go too deep, you may find yourself lost in a world you know nothing about, with none of your family members to help you along the way.

Dive shallow for now. Learn more about yourself. The more you know about yourself, the more powerfully you can control what happens to you when you're not in the real world.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by angrysniper

Ditto!
I was just trying to find a way to basically say all that,with a few differences , but basically the same thing. I think I am like that. I am 40 and just recently started to pay attention to things differently than I used to. Seems like Its always been there waiting for me use it. As time passes I realize that I have control for now, and am learning more everyday. I think Its a gift of sorts, maybe only if your aware of the transition as it begins, are you able to "control".
I have a lot more to say but prob. wouldn't make much sence when I type it out. Not very good at projecting my thoughts onto "paper" sorry, just wanted say, I think a lot more people have this going on in their lives than we care to think about. Only a few can control it, and the others let go.
Look at how many Brilliant people where/are deemed "excentric" or "crazy". They knew/know too much about the real reality.
Ignorance is bliss....

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by alien

Thank you for your post! Star'd.

I will maintain my positive attitude, and my inner strength.

I've come a long way from cowering in the corner of my cousin's shed to actually talking about it more and getting it out. It does wonders to talk about it; that itself is my medication.

Do you mind if I add you as my Friend, so that I may ask you any questions that arise in the future?

Again, thank you for your post!

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiritfilled

OP, i mean no offense, but the way things sound you are likely being oppressed by demons. you should go to a pentecostal pastor and talk to him about this. i am confident the evil voices will leave then if you turn to christ and command them away in jesus name.

Suuure- just like how I did the same thing for problems plaguing me- It worked great! NOT.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by QueenofWeird

I'm unsure of what a "bad trip" feels like, so I'm sorry that I don't know how to answer that question.

Opinion-wise, I'm sure it's around the same feeling as one would have from a bad drug reaction. That's all it is; chemical reactions in the brain, whether it's caused by outside forces or not.

I am currently unsure as to whether I want to be free of my condition or not. As I've said before, I see the world so beautifully now. When something frightening shows up, I imagine that it's simply a part of the world trying to show itself to me, and that I am not yet ready to experience that part yet. The fear I have is only the fear of the unknown; I hate when an apparition I've never seen before shows up.

For now, I see it as a blessing. I've never loved my family so much, my friends so much, life so much.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by LestatG

Mods, please don't delete his post, or my reply. This is actually a very important topic.

I have tried cannabis, as I had heard that it helps.

This is what happened:

I took the cannabis, and my night went from decent to terrible. The color drained from my face, the voices became more clear, and the actual physical real people around me got dimmer.

I thought I was going to go crazy that night.

However, the next morning was beautiful. I could think more clearly. I couldn't predict the future, but it was as if a split second before something happened, I had known it would.

So summarize:

In my opinion, it does help, but you can never be sure whether or not the first experience will drive you over the edge or not. I urge those who have schizophrenia, and are looking for ways to make it better, to speak with your families before you try anything.

Myself? I do not think I will ever use cannabis, or any drug, again. The night of hell that proceeds is not worth it.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

The last time I took an IQ test, I was in the sixth grade, and I was sent to the principal's office for not doing my homework.

This is a private school, mind you.

The principal yelled a bit, was hard on me, and told me that my IQ that I had taken the previous summer to determine whether I was eligible to return came back as 156. He told me there was no excuse for not doing my work, and that if it happened again, I would be out.

Quite a creepy experience for an.. 11 year old, I think I was? I never skipped any grades, I was a normal age for sixth grade. I'm unsure, Time before I acquired schizophrenia is blurry for me.

Thank you for your well wishes.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by enonymous99

Stay strong. You would be surprised how much a positive mindset changes your perception of the world.

It is definitely scary, I cannot deny that. It would be ignorant to say you will never have delusions or episodes again.

Just remember that if things start getting worse, they WILL get better again, but talk to someone. Family, friend, professional, anyone. It isn't safe to bottle up your emotions; that is when bad things happen.

Stay safe, Brother.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by CleverNameHere
reply to post by LestatG

Mods, please don't delete his post, or my reply. This is actually a very important topic.

I have tried cannabis, as I had heard that it helps.

This is what happened:

I took the cannabis, and my night went from decent to terrible. The color drained from my face, the voices became more clear, and the actual physical real people around me got dimmer.

I thought I was going to go crazy that night.

However, the next morning was beautiful. I could think more clearly. I couldn't predict the future, but it was as if a split second before something happened, I had known it would.

So summarize:

In my opinion, it does help, but you can never be sure whether or not the first experience will drive you over the edge or not. I urge those who have schizophrenia, and are looking for ways to make it better, to speak with your families before you try anything.

Myself? I do not think I will ever use cannabis, or any drug, again. The night of hell that proceeds is not worth it.

I would like to add here that there is a difference . If you smoke it have it as a tea or bake it in a cookie or brownie ......It is a very very different effect from a way to the other .I am not sure witch one you tried .also different quality gives you different states of experience

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by CleverNameHere

(1) When did this start? MM/DD/YYYY
(2) Please describe your diet in explicit detail. What do you eat? When do you eat? If possible give it to me in a schedule type format.
(3) What medication have been prescribed for you? Provide the name of the drug(s) please.
(4) Have you tried meditation and/or yoga? Would you be open to it?
(5) Describe your level of activity. In detail aswell.
(6) Do you notice that people you pass in public are giving you the "evil eye" or anything like that?
(7) Have you ever heard one of your private conversations (that you've previously had with doctors, family or friends) repeated by other people (in public whom you've never met before and would not know you personally/socially)?
(8) Have you ever had a brain or head injury of any sort in your entire life?

I've been reading and watching a lot of books and documentaries (respectively) online about the human mind, psychology, spirituality and I have personal experience with such.
Thank you for sharing.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by platipus

I try to maintain a healthy diet, as too much of anything isn't good.

I love strawberries, most fruits, bananas. If I ever get hungry, I'll usually eat a plum or an apple.

Salmon is amazing. I always think more clearly after I eat a good meal with salmon.

I'm actually unsure as to how much sleep I get, but according to the clock, I usually get between 8 and 10 hours per night. Sleep is healthy; don't go without it for too long.

My thoughts about the year 2012 are that the energies flowing in the universe are going to be higher than normal, and people are going to freak out. The world will only end on 2012 if we let it end.

It would be fine if it wasn't hyped up as it is. But if you think about it: If 33% of the world believed the world would end in 2012, that's over 2 billion fanatics that will wreak havoc the "last days of life."

In the end, I believe we will bring our own downfall, and those who brought it will be judged accordingly.

If it is meant to happen, it will happen. Never rush any situation, especially when it comes to others well-being.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I want to know if you think your "crazy" (as schizophrenia is described by most people) or do you feel more like you just see reality in a completely different way than the majority of us do?

What I mean is, do you feel like you see/experience things that really ARE there but most of us can't perceive?

This is something I've always wondered about shizo's (don't mean that term to be derogatory, just abbreviating
)

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
They say that crazy people don't know they are crazy so I guess you have an advantage in that you know.

I had a friend that was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia. He ended up being institutionalized only to find out that he had a tumor in his brain that was causing all of it. He had it removed and everything stopped.

Have you had your head scanned to make sure it isn't a tumor?

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by readerone

For now, I'm too overwhelmed with my personal struggles to even attempt to figure out others' battles. If they are indeed souls, then they are welcome to visit me any time they please. I know they cannot hurt me, so I'll keep them company while they await their judgment.

For now, I will remain on my own personal quest of finding my True self.

Then, once I know who and what I am, I will help any other beings that may or may not be "inside me."

Thank you for the post though, it certainly made me think.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join